Genie-Us

Por SandraCorton

Isla Martin, daughter of famous movie and television director Les Martin, has had her summer holidays stolen... Más

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Epilogue

Chapter 5

612 65 6
Por SandraCorton

Chapter 5

Jene didn't return. I wasn't sure whether to let this upset me or relieve me. How had I become used to his presence in only a few hours? There was so much to consider that I chose to focus on the party my friends expected tonight.

The doorbell rang, and Tammy Lee strode through my door with her usual vigorous grace. I couldn't tell her about Jene. In fact, I didn't have any friends close enough to me that I'd consider telling them about how my day had progressed. My collection of friends were simply the social butterflies that I, as the daughter of Les Martin, should always gather into my net.

Thinking about that saddened me. How could I have nobody to listen to the events of my day? Scores of people wanted to be my friends, or I counted them as friends, but nobody actually knew me that well. I dwelled on this as my friends all streamed out to the pool.

Somehow, Jene had set this melancholy feeling on me. I missed him, and I'd only met him a mere few hours ago. He was someone who I could talk to. I knew he'd listen and believe me. Then again, he was also a genie.

The party was in full swing. The pool contained too many people chatting, drinking or making doe eyes at each other. I remained on my chair with a sense of isolation surrounding me.

A puff of smoke appeared in front of me, and my heart lifted. I heard the gasps but ignored everyone, except who appeared in the smoke. Silence echoed around the pool, and every eye aimed at me.

"Did you invite your stepbrother? I thought you couldn't stand him." Tammy Lee came up to me with an excited glance at Jene, and I frowned.

"My step brother?"

"Little One, due to the wish, everyone will see me as your stepbrother. Nobody but you can see the real me." Jene leaned down to whisper to me.

I groaned as I realised exactly how Harrison's wish would play out. Spending the summer pretending Jene was my stupid stepbrother Harrison would annoy me no end. Maybe that's what Harrison had intended.

Ruining his life by stealing back the lamp for Jene now became my focal point. The anger starting to flow through me demanded the lamps return.

"Here I am." Harrison preened for his adoring crowd, and Jene took a step back towards me.

I stared hard at the image of Harrison in front of me. Was that actually him? I then turned to Jene, who delivered a mighty devilish grin my way. That grin stole my breath with a delightful whoosh.

Harrison stood out like a star, and everyone focused on him. That allowed me to speak with Jene alone, which I much preferred.

"What's going on?" I asked Jene.

"I have no desire to pretend to be him, let alone endure the suffocating attentions." Jene's gaze now drifted to my so called friends who continued to surround Harrison.

"It's an illusion, like the women turning into lizards?" I asked as I also looked over at Harrison.

"Yes. He will no doubt seem real enough to impress them."

"That's a relief. I thought you'd end up stuck as him all night." I said it, and I realised, a little too late, that I meant it as well.

Less than twelve hours ago, I didn't know Jene, but I'd come to appreciate his presence. Seeing him pretending to be Harrison would've angered me more. With a wince, I couldn't deny my attachment to him only growing since meeting him this morning.

I knew I shouldn't do this to myself. Attaching myself to a genie had to be the worst idea I'd ever had in my life. What I struggled with was how at ease I felt around him. Jene could tell me the most obscure things and I believed him.

It wasn't just that he was the most handsome man I'd ever seen. The attraction I had for him also wasn't the issue. Right now, I chose not to point the finger at what drew me to him. We had other things to discuss.

"While I was in the Realm, I met up with the She-Gen. She insists that I bring you to her when we go in to release the lamp from the wish. We must see her regardless as only she can release the lamps wish." Jene's words seemed to perturb him.

"Are you going to explain what that means? Who is she? Why does this woman want to meet me?" the questions flew from my lips, as an itching uneasiness stifled me.

"That is not for me to answer." Jene did that glancing away thing that tended to aggravate me.

"Why can't you answer? Do you know the answer?" I narrowed my eyes on his avoidance.

"Yes, I know the answer," he raised a finger when I went to demand that he tell me. "But it is not my place to offer you the tale of your life."

"Sorry?" my argument stalled when he'd said such a bizarre statement. It might have been a ploy to avoid talking about it, but he seemed too genuine.

"I refuse to repeat myself." He crossed his arms, stood still and towered over me.

"I could wish you to tell me!" the idea suddenly occurred to me.

I stood up from my chair to face him. As I only reached his chest, it had little to no effect. He kept his gaze firmly away from me with his jaw locked.

"And I can refuse your wish as you are not the holder of my lamp," his firm voice brooked no argument. "I would prefer it if you would wait to meet the She-Gen. I would not like to disappoint you." He still didn't look at me and it irked me.

"Are you going to stay all aloof and distant?" I snapped.

"It is not my intention."

"Then why are you doing it?" I threw my hands into the air exasperated by him.

"I refuse to talk anymore on the She-Gen." He sounded determined and I sighed.

"Fine. Maybe you shouldn't have mentioned her at all."

"Perhaps. I wanted to give you fair warning." His gaze darted to mine all piercing and intent. There went my heart thundering again.

"You've warned me. Now why don't we discuss the whole getting to the Realm thing." I waved for him to sit down in the chair next to my vacated one.

"You do not wish to join the festivities?" Jene looked over to where illusion Harrison still had everyone gushing over him.

"With him included? Hell, no! Even if he's fake, he's still going to act like Harrison. Start telling me about going to the Realm."

"As I discussed the subject with the She-Gen, it is perhaps best to inform you." Jene mused.

"Is there anything you didn't discuss with her?" I sounded way more jealous than I wanted to. What was wrong with me?

"You were the most important part of our discussion."

Blazing blue eyes once again landed on me. I wasn't sure how to continue the conversation. Whenever Jene focused on me I lost my train of thought. He gave me a meaningful look. Trouble was I had no clue what it should mean.

"What's the next step?" I asked when I glanced away.

"The She-Gen assured me that you will suffer no ill effects within the Realm. The blood you carry will protect you. Therefore, we may leave for the Realm whenever we see fit." Jene sounded pleased, but I frowned in confusion.

"My blood?"

"The She-Gen will explain this all to you. It is the reason why she wishes to see you."

"Jene, I know my life story. There's no special blood running within me. I think she's wrong. My mother died when I was born. I grew up with a film directing father, so I'm seen to be a bit of a princess. My father remarries a lovely woman with two horrible children. The latter story only changed because of Harrison finding your lamp." I finished my explanation and he appeared thoughtful.

"What side of your family is your aunt from?" Jene asked and I didn't trust the glint in his eyes.

"Um." I frowned as I realised that I didn't have an answer to his question.

"You have no knowledge of where she fits into your family. Admit the truth." Jene insisted.

"Okay, fine. I don't know. Aunt Chloe appeared one day when I was about four." I replied.

"Sounds quite mysterious." Jene now looked amused.

"I can't explain her. Does that make you happy?" I flapped a hand at him.

"That is because she is not quite what you expect her to be." Jene's knowing expression irked me.

"Then explain." I narrowed my eyes at him.

"It is not my place to explain."

"Then why suggest all of this stuff? Yes, I saw my aunt back from the dead earlier. Yes, I didn't expect that. Why won't you tell me what you know?" my exasperation echoed in every word.

"It is not my place." Jene hardened his voice, and I admitted defeat.

"We need to get off this topic because it's only irritating both of us." I said and he nodded in agreement.

"Would you desire rest and to attempt leaving for the Realm in the morning?" Jene enquired.

"What I'd like is for all of these people, who don't even know me, to leave my home. I really don't want to have to endure my stepbrothers presence anymore, even if he's an illusion. After that, I'll sleep and we can attempt your Realm crossing tomorrow." I told him.

"Wish it and I shall make it so." He encouraged me with a nod.

"I wish that all of these people would find somewhere else to be, but think they had a good time as they leave."

"As you wish it."

Jene made a gesture, and soon enough people started gathering their things. As they walked past me, every person insisted that they'd had the best time. Another surreal moment chalked up for today.

"Why did part of your wish include the enjoyment of the party?" Jene asked once most of the people had left.

"Dad," I answered, until Jene continued staring perplexed at me. "My father has the idea that I have to show a proper social calendar, and the party will do that." I replied with a shrug.

"Humans have such strange ideals." Jene sounded amused.

"I agree with you on this one."

Standing up, I glanced around at the mess. I sighed and wondered when I'd get a chance to clean it. Tomorrow I would head into Jene's mysterious Realm, so this place would stay a mess.

"Wish it and I shall abide." Jene must have noticed my despondent face.

"I don't want to keep taking wishes from you when I know Harrison has stolen so many." I explained my reluctance.

"In the brief time we have known each other, you have never demanded anything from me that I am not willing to give. Wish it." Jene nodded.

"I tried to demand you tell me the stuff about this elusive She-Gen character." I argued, although I'm not sure why.

"Not once did you wish it or demand that I make your wish real. Please offer me your wish." He bowed at me.

"You can't do it unless I make a wish?" I tilted my head back to look at him.

"Wishing your desires makes them more definitive. It tells me exactly what you most desire." He explained.

"Okay, I wish this mess would disappear, please." I added please, so I didn't sound so impolite.

"As you wish it."

In an instant, my pool area turned back to normal. It shouldn't surprise me anymore, but it did. I guess it would take me longer than a few hours to get used to having a genie around.

"I have even made certain that your pool has the correct sanitation." Jene seemed immensely proud of himself.

"Thank you." I didn't know what else to say.

"It is forever my pleasure." He bowed again.

"I think it's time for sleep," that gave me a bit of something to consider. "Where do you go when it's rest time for us humans?"

"To the Realm. Anyone with my lamp can summon me from there."

"Alright. I guess it's goodnight." I smiled at him.

"In the morning I shall return so we can enter the Realm." He nodded decisively.

"Sounds like a plan."

Jene popped out of existence with the help of his orb. I remained standing by the pool area with a growing frown on my face.

Today had ended up to be one hell of a day. Knowing I'd head into Jene's Realm tomorrow left me as edgy as I was excited. There was so much I didn't know, so much left unsaid.

Some woman in charge of the genies wanted to meet me, and that made me want to squirm. Why the heck did she want to meet me? That one question puzzled me for the rest of the night.

Seguir leyendo

También te gustarán

26.3K 583 15
"I can't believe you're actually wearing it." "Well, start believing, de Vil." Everyone knows about the classic Disney kids. Chad, Doug, Audrey, et...
797 65 33
in which Gemma Hilton finds herself entangled in more mysteries and secrets - while trying to make it to her Friday night date every week. or in w...
22.7K 1.7K 53
Evette lives in a medieval society and is in an abusive relationship. She has a flower shop and one day her assistant, Cameron saves her from an inju...
7.8K 432 24
Second chances.. Always comes to people who needs them... But.. What's important is... How one uses it.. Her love.. Her trust .. Her affection...