𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐥𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭. c...

By ravenscorpio

❝ єνєяувσ∂у тσℓ∂ мє, ∂σ ησт ℓσσѕє нσρє. вυт ι ∂ι∂, ι ℓσѕт нσρє ιη єνєяутнιηg. υηтιℓ уσυ gανє мє ... More

THE LIGHT
- PART 1
1 - PRISON
2 - MUTILATED
3 - ALRIGHT
5 - AGAIN
6 - ASS-KICKER
7 - MERLE
8 - GUN
9 - BACK
10 - ESCAPED
11 - WOULDN'T
12 - SHOT
13 - ANDREA
14 - RUN
15 - SKETCHY
16 - CAFÉ
17 - PHOTO
18 - WAR
19 - STAY
- PART 2
20 - KNIVES
21 - FLU
22 - REALIZE
23 - AWAY
24 - GOVERNOR
25 - DESTROYED
26 - SINKING IN
27 - TRACKS
28 - NORMAL
29 - FAULT
- DONE
Book 2!

4 - BABY

7.8K 192 85
By ravenscorpio

"Can I see your gun?" I asked Carl out of boredom. Hershel is in his cell, Rick is with my mom and the others while Lori and Beth went out to get Hershel his crutches.

"Here." Carl hands me his gun and I take it carefully.

I aimed the gun at the wall and pretended to shoot, before smiling and checking it out. Carl's gun is a lot like mine, only mine is silver and his is black. It was one of my dad's guns, I took it after he died. Dad always wanted me to learn how to shoot, so I don't appear to be 'weak' like he sees most women.

That's not the reason why I kept the gun, the reason why I kept it is so that I could protect my mom and Sophia. But I failed in doing that.

I gave Carl his gun back. Lori and Beth soon came back with the crutches and I can see the way Carl's face lits up when Beth smiled at him. I know Carl's little crush about Beth and I would've teased him everyday, but I'm trying to get over that childish state and just grow up.

This world doesn't need childish people, it needs survivors.

Carl and I got up, watching as Hershel gets up from his bed.

"Just take your time." Lori tells him and he doesn't reply.

"Daddy, don't push yourself." Beth worries, helping her dad.

Hershel stands up with the help of both women and his crutches. "What else am I going to do?"

"I can't stand looking up at that bottom of that bunk—" Hershel wobbles and we all frantically tried to keep him steady. The latter steadies himself, before he starts walking with the crutches. "You know, I think I'm pretty steady."

He got out of the room and I smiled. He's doing great and Lori thinks the same. "That's a good start. Wanna take a rest?"

"Rest?" Hershel chuckles. "Let's go for a little stroll."

Carl and I looked at each other before shrugging.

Hershel is doing real great with the crutches, we had a little struggle with him going up the stairs and going down but other than that, he's doing great. I can see my mom with the others except Rick, Glenn and Daryl. They're moving the cars in.

"You've cleared all those bodies out?" Hershel asked. "It's starting to look like a place we could really live in."

As good as that sounds, I don't think I can ever call this prison a home.

"Hey, you watch your step. Last thing we need is you falling." Lori reminds him, but the old man seems to be ignoring her.

"You're doing great, daddy." Beth smiles.

"Ready to race, Hershel?" Carl jokes and I let out a small smile of amusement.

"Give me another day, I'll take you home." I chuckled quietly at Hershel's comment.

Everyone else was watching Hershel doing progress. I caught my mom's eyes and I can see the happiness in her eyes when she saw my smile. I gave her a small smile and nod at her, before she does the same. I may have been pushing everyone away and giving everyone the cold shoulder, but I still love my mom and everyone in my group.

They're the only family I have left.

But my smile drops when I heard a growl. An all too familiar growl. I looked back and my eyes widen. "Walkers! Look out!"

There was nothing much I could do as Carl and the rest started shooting those walkers.

"Farren, baby, run!" I heard my mom's voice but I didn't obey her. I had to help.

I groaned, this is why I prefer to have a gun instead of a dagger. An idea crossed my mind and I change the way I'm holding my dagger, before throwing it at a walker's face. It slices right through its eye and I quickly retrieve the dagger, before stabbing a walker that got too close.

"Farren! Come on!" I heard Carl's voice.

I looked around and saw that they were by the gate of the cellblock. I ran towards them and got in, before Lori closes the gate and we got inside.

"Oh my god, how did those got in?" I asked as we descended down the steps.

No one got the chance to answer my question when walkers came barging out from the cell. We all quickly ran away and ran into the other cell, closing the gate.

Goddamnit it's dark.

I ran behind Lori, making sure she's safe. She's been grunting and I wanted to ask if she was okay, but I just kept quiet. If I ask her and Maggie and Carl hears, they'll panic and I don't want them to panic.

"Farren," Lori calls and I ran by her side. "Take my gun."

I was reluctant but she shoved the gun in my hand. "Take it. You need it."

"But so do you." I reasoned but kept ahold of the gun.

She winces and holds her stomach. I suddenly had a gut feeling that worse is about to go to worst. Lori then leans on the wall and started groaning.

"Can you keep up?" Maggie asked her.

"Something's not right." Lori tells us and I can feel the panic building inside me. Please, not now...

"Are you bit?" Carl asked his mom but she immediately says no.

"I think the baby's coming."

Everywhere we turn, there are walkers. I help Maggie with Lori as she groans, Carl leads our way.

"In here!" Carl says and opens a door, before we went inside.

"This can't be happening right now." I muttered to myself.

Anytime is a good time for childbirth but please, God, not right now.

Lori takes in a deep breath and Maggie and I begin to really worry. Her breathing is heavy. "What are those alarms?"

"Don't worry about them." Maggie tells Lori as she assists her.

"What if it attracts them?" I questioned. Carl and I follow the two women.

"Lori, let's lay you down." Maggie tells her. Lori mutters something I couldn't make out but she doesn't do what Maggie said.

"We have to get back to our cellblock and get Hershel—"

"No, we can't risk getting caught out there." Maggie tells the boy beside me. She turns to Lori. "You need to give birth to the baby here."

Lori started panting loudly and fast, making Carl panic. "What are you doing? Can't you breathe?"

"No, she's fine." Maggie said. "Come here, let's get your pants off. Farren, help me."

I quickly helped Maggie lay Lori down on the floor before we take her pants off. I'm trying not to panic but it's a bit difficult to do that.

Maggie looks up at Carl, who doesn't know what to do. "You're gonna help delivering your bother or sister, are you up for it?"

Oh my God, this is really happening. Why right now? Why?

Maggie helps Lori up so she could push. I could only imagine how painful that is, and how painful it must be for my mom to give birth to two girls in one day. Yes, Sophia and I are twins but we don't exactly look alike, and our personalities are different.

Lori started pushing and pushing. "Lori, stop! Don't push, something's wrong."

My heart jumped when Lori screamed in pain and there's blood on Maggie's hand.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2.5K 38 20
❝𝘺𝘰𝘶𝘳 𝘭𝘪𝘱𝘴, 𝘮𝘺 𝘭𝘪𝘱𝘴. 𝘢𝘱𝘰𝘤𝘢𝘭𝘺𝘱𝘴𝘦.❞ kinda 𝗢𝗡 𝗛𝗢𝗟𝗗 ( carl grimes x fem!oc ) the walking dead || season 3 - ?
17.4K 589 9
ᴄᴀʀʟ ɢʀɪᴍᴇꜱ x ꜰᴇᴍ!ᴏᴄ ♢ 𝐬𝐡𝐞 𝐡𝐚𝐬 𝐦𝐞𝐭 𝐚 𝐟𝐚𝐭𝐞 𝐰𝐨𝐫𝐬𝐞 𝐭𝐡𝐚𝐧 𝐝𝐞𝐚𝐭𝐡. 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐧𝐨𝐰 𝐡𝐞 𝐡𝐚𝐬 𝐦𝐞𝐭 𝐡𝐞𝐫. ♢ 𝐢𝐧 𝐰𝐡𝐢𝐜𝐡...
5.8K 164 18
"ᴛᴇʟʟ ᴍᴇ, ɪ'ᴍ ʏᴏᴜʀ ᴍɪᴅɴɪɢʜᴛ ᴍᴜꜱᴇ, ᴡʀɪᴛᴇ ᴀʙᴏᴜᴛ ᴍᴇ ᴡʜᴇɴ ʏᴏᴜ'ʀᴇ ᴀʟᴏɴᴇ, ᴡʜɪꜱᴘᴇʀ ᴛᴏ ᴍᴇ ᴀʟʟ ʏᴏᴜʀ ꜱᴇᴄʀᴇᴛꜱ, ꜰᴇᴇʟ ᴍᴇ ɪɴ ʏᴏᴜʀ ʙᴏɴᴇꜱ." 𝘛𝘸𝘰 𝘤𝘩𝘪𝘭𝘥𝘩𝘰𝘰𝘥...
1.2K 55 11
𝙰𝚗𝚍 𝙸'𝚕𝚕 𝚍𝚛𝚎𝚊𝚖 𝚎𝚊𝚌𝚑 𝚗𝚒𝚐𝚑𝚝 𝚘𝚏 𝚜𝚘𝚖𝚎 𝚟𝚎𝚛𝚜𝚒𝚘𝚗 𝚘𝚏 𝚢𝚘𝚞, 𝚃𝚑𝚊𝚝 𝙸 𝚖𝚒𝚐𝚑𝚝 𝚗𝚘𝚝 𝚑𝚊𝚟𝚎 𝚋𝚞𝚝, 𝚍𝚒𝚍 𝚗𝚘𝚝...