Living a Dream (In Edit/On Ho...

By hola_its_me

Annabelle Frye moves to LA to make her dreams come true. She wants to be famous in the music business. When s... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
A/N
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
A/N

Chapter 8

59 1 0
By hola_its_me

(Annabelle's POV)

I sat on the couch waiting for Emmett, Nick, James, and Sean to get here. After I talked to Emmett on the phone he said he wanted to start a band. I rode my skateboard home because they said they'd come to my house. The doorbell rang and I could hear small footsteps and yelling come from the other room. I walked up behind Sophia and pulled the door open. Sean was leaning against the porch column with his hands in his pockets, Nick had James in a headlock, and Emmett was standing there professionally.

"Hey guys!" I said opening the door wider signaling for them to come in. "We can go up to my room."

I felt a tug on my shirt and looked down to see Sophia holding the hem my shirt with large eyes.

"Can I come too?" She asked.

"Fine, but you have to be quiet because we're talking," I said reluctantly.

"Yay!" Sophia yelled.

She ran up the stairs and we followed her into my room. Sean picked up my acoustic guitar and started strumming.

"So, a band?" I asked.

"Yeah, I play bass guitar, Nick plays guitar, James plays the keyboard, and Sean plays guitar," Emmett said.

"Yeah, we've been looking for a fifth band member and we think you'd be good. Sean plays rhythm guitar, what about you?" James asked.

"I usually play lead guitar," I answered.

"That's perfect!" Nick exclaimed.

Sophia was squirming from where she was sitting on my bed. She kept her mouth closed but moved her jaw up and down as though she were talking, but making quiet mumbling sounds.

"What do you want to say?" I asked.

"You should call your band forever young because I'm wittle and young and mommy says I'm gonna be her wittle baby forever," Sophia suggested.

We all looked at her then at eachother.

"You know, that's actually really good," James considered.

"I think it rules!" Nick exclaimed giving Sophia a high five.

Sophia bounced on the balls of her feet before running out the door.

"So, what do you say? Wanna join?" Emmett asked.

I looked at all of them and they looked back at me.

"Okay," I agreed.

They all jumped up cheering and wrapped me in a hug.

"We've been wanting to start this band for forever, but we couldn't find a fifth band member who we thought was good enough," Emmett said.

"The actual reason I moved here was because I wanted to be famous," I confessed looking down.

I felt my cheeks get warm, the guys started laughing and they got hotter.

"You should've just told us!" Nick laughed.

I looked up surprised by his comment.

"Yeah, we want to be famous too!" James exclaimed.

"Well sorry, I thought you guys would think I was stupid," I said joining their laughter.

"Why don't we go back to my house," Emmett suggested.

"Okay," I agreed.

"Shotgun!" James yelled running out the door.

"Hey!" Sean and Nick both cried following him.

"Is it always like this?" I asked Emmett as we walked down the stairs.

"Pretty much," He shrugged walking out the door.

"I'm going to a friends house!" I yelled.

"Okay! Be back by dinner!" Uncle Noah yelled back.

I walked over to Emmett's car. Sean was standing outside the door and gestured for me to get in first. I slid into the seats next to Nick and Sean followed.

"Aww man. How did I get stuck between these two?" I whined.

"Get used to it, I used to have to sit between them," James said.

"Hey Sean! Wanna have a thumb war!" Nick exclaimed bursting my eardrums.

"You betcha," Sean said.

They put their hands in front of me and started thumb wrestling. They moved their hands around squishing me back into the seat.

"Guys!" I yelled once I had enough of their arguing.

They grumbled but relaxed in their seats. I looked out the window as we pulled into a large driveway.

"Damn," I mumbled under my breath.

The house was probably seven times the size of my old one. It was white and was covered in windows framed with dark wood and a big wooden door in the center. The garage door opened revealing about fifteen sports cars. The yard was manicured with trimmed hedges and flowers. The whole yard looked like it was a half a mile long.

"What? You never knew Emmett was rich?" Sean teased.

"No, how would I know that?" I asked.

"My dad is the CEO of a really big company," Emmett said.

He parked the car and led us through a door into a hallway. To my left was a room full of shoes and coats and to my left was a large room with a washer and dryer. We walked farther into a kitchen with dark wood and white granite countertops. All of the many appliances he had was stainless steal. The walls were white and there was dark hardwood floor. It was huge, and next to it was a large table made of black wood.

"This way," Emmett said pulling me back to reality.

He lead us through a door and down a flight of stairs. At the bottom was a large room; in the corner was a bar, there was a flat screen tv with a large couch, posters of old movies and comic books lined the walls. There was a ping-pong table, air hockey table, pool table. An old pacman and pinball machine. We walked through a door into a large room that was filled with instruments. The walls were soundproof and one of them hung instruments.

"This is so cool!" I exclaimed looking at everything. "Do you play all of them?"

"Most of them. My dad used to play a lot of instruments but he doesn't really anymore. He used to teach me as often as he could," Emmett explained.

There was probably every single instrument in this one room. I reached for a blue electric guitar hanging on the wall but I could only reach the bottom of it. Sean walked over and gave it to me.

"Here you go shorty," Sean teased.

I rolled my eyes and plugged it in. I started playing with random notes. Sean joined in then Emmett, Nick, and James. We laughed and continued playing our never ending song. After an hour and a half Sean complained his hands were hurting. We all stopped playing and put down out instruments.

"That was really good!" Someone said clapping behind me.

I jumped and let out a little shriek. Behind me was a lady with blonde hair.

"I'm sorry! I didn't mean to frighten you," the lady said.

"What's up, Mrs. Smith?" Sean asked giving her a hug.

"Hello boys, who's this?" She asked gesturing to me.

"This is Annabelle, she just moved here and she is our fifth band member," Emmett said.

"Really? You guys have been looking for someone for months! It's so nice to meet you!" Mrs. Smith cooed wrapping me in a hug.

"It's nice to meet you too," I said uncomfortably.

"I'm Emmett's mom and while you're here just make yourself at home, and come to me if you need anything. Are you staying for dinner?" Mrs. Smith asked.

"No, I have to be home for dinner but thank you," I said giving her a smile.

She looked at us one last time before walking out the door.

"I should probably leave now," I said picking up my small black over the shoulder purse.

"Okay, I can drive you home since it's on my way," Sean offered.

"Okay," I agreed.

Nick looked at him for a minute before looking back down at his drumsticks. We walked out the door and hopped into his car. The only sound was from other cars and the tires gripping the pavement. The silent ride was starting to bother me.

"How long have you been playing guitar?" I asked trying to start a conversation.

"About five years now," Sean answered.

He didn't say anything so I tried again.

"Why don't you play lead guitar?" I asked.

"It's too hard with all the bending and hammering and stuff," Sean shrugged.

I waited a few seconds but all I heard was silence. I sighed knowing I wasn't going to get a conversation out of him. I looked out the window thinking about how my future will turn out.

A/N

This took forever to post but it's long. I actually had it finished but I never had chance to post it

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

18.9K 961 49
Noah Pierce was expecting his first tour to be a wild, endless party, complete with more girls than he could handle. What he wasn't expecting was Sad...
24K 585 24
Jake is having a normal happy day heading to the music room for music club, he had a weird dream the night before, but decided to ignore it. When the...
31.8K 512 33
[Warning: this story sucks, like, really bad. I wrote this a little bit ago, and it scares me to read it.] Evangeline just moved to L.A. She meets a...
15.6K 1.2K 47
Colliding with a famous rock band vocalist was an accident, but dating him was a choice. Samantha Morris felt at a crossroads after graduating from...