Little Winchester: Book Two (...

By Winchester_Huntress

Please read the first book before reading this one. Christina is five years old when she dies. She's five ye... More

In My Time of Dying
Everybody Loves A Clown
Blood Lust
Children Shouldn't Play With Dead Things
First Recital
Days With the Boys
Missing From My Life
Movies, Tacos, and Forts
Baby-Sitting
Fanart
Third Installment

Loss

1.9K 58 12
By Winchester_Huntress

Testing was done with and it was the second to last week of school, for a lot of us this was the last week since no one was taking attendance next week. Miss Dever was standing in front of the class holding Bucky the oppossum in her hand. "Now, I've finally gotten our test results back," Miss Dever said, looking over a small packet of paper. "And I'm pleased to say, that all of you will be moving on to second grade next fall," she said. Everyone was still focused on Bucky though, I don't think any of them expected anything less. "But only one of you scored the highest, out of the entire first grade actually." She put down the packet on the small table behind her, "Christina, out of the entire first grade here at Terry Redlin, you scored the highest above all." Miss Dever took a few steps towards my desk and placed Bucky on top of it, "And Bucky is yours," she finished. The little plastic envelope tag that Bucky'd come with was still there, but now it was a folded up piece of paper. "This paper is the login information," she told me quietly so no one else would hear. She straightened up and went back to the front of the classroom, "Now, what should we do for the remainder of the week? Should we get a head start on second grade, watch movies, read, do some art, play outside, let me hear some suggestions," Miss Dever said as she pulled up a blank screen on the promethean board and picked up the pen for it. Kid's arms started shooting up, "Movies," one said. Miss Dever wrote a small 'Movies' on the board before she turned around to accept another suggestion. "Go outside," another said. Miss Dever wrote 'outside' on the board. This continued until no one raised their hands, so we only had four suggestions on the board. 'Movies', 'Outside', 'Webkinz', and 'Art'. "Okay, since we only have four suggestions and only three days left, how about we do one of these suggestions a day, and then do 'Webkinz' and 'Art' on the same day?" Miss Dever suggested, turning the list into a t-chart. "Now, raise your hand if you want to watch movies today," she started counting before she started drawing lines to the 'Movies' column to keep track of who wanted movies. There ended up being ten, she did the same for the rest of the activities. Three wanted 'Webkinz' today and two wanted to go outside. I didn't raise my hand for any of them, I'd rather ask to go to the library after this to go read. Gannon votes for movies.

The votes ended up being movies today, Webkinz and Art tomorrow, and then we'd stay outside all day for the half day. Miss Dever said that she couldn't let me go sit in the library by myself, but I could go over there and check out a book or two and come back here. I decided that I'd just read one of the books I'd brought.

The week flew by really fast. I was dragging my backpack that was full of my papers and books from the year. It was pretty heavy, but not as heavy as the backpacks of the ones who'd been here all year. Today was also the day I decided to bring Bucky home to show to Uncle Bobby. I think he'd be proud of me. I wanted to tell Sam and Dean about it too, but I hadn't seen them in a while. They hadn't come back with Uncle Bobby after he helped them out with that hunt. I missed them... Uncle Bobby decided to pull in and pick me up as I finished that thought. I got up and half-carried, half-dragged my backpack over to the truck. One of the teachers picked up my bag and helped me put it in the truck. "How's it feel knowing that was your last day?" Uncle Bobby asked as we pulled away from the school. I shrugged and judged the bag with my foot, "Like I'm going to be bored," I answered. Uncle Bobby laughed, "I'm sure we'll find you something to do," he said. I doubted it. "What's that?" Uncle Bobby asked, nodding his head at my bag. Bucky was poking half out of it. I grabbed Bucky and dragged him out to show Uncle Bobby. "Is that a possum?" He asked, I nodded, "His name is Bucky. Miss Dever gave him to me because I got the highest test scores in the school's entire first grade," I informed him. I put Bucky down on my lap, "You day that so nonchalantly. That's really good Chris, I'm proud of you. When we get back, we should call your brothers so that you can tell them," Uncle Bobby said. What did 'nonchalantly' mean?

Uncle Bobby carried my bag into the house when we got home. He put it on the kitchen table for us to go through later, "Do you want to call your brothers now or later tonight?" he asked. I wanted to call them now, but they were probably doing something for whatever case they were on right now. "Can we call them later? At four or five?" I asked Uncle Bobby, who nodded. "Sure, do you want to go through all this stuff now or later?" Uncle Bobby gestured to my backpack. "Let's do it now," I said, Blue chose that moment to wander down the stairs. "It is officially summer Chrissy!" He cheered as he jumped down the last couple stairs. He looked at my backpack that Uncle Bobby was starting to unzip on the semi cleared table. "Ooh I want to see all the things," Blue declared as he sat in an empty chair beside me. Uncle Bobby proceeded to dump all of the papers onto the table before he went into the kitchen to grab a trash can. Blue's eyes landed on Bucky, "You got the highest score?!" He exclaimed, snatching Bucky off of the table. "I got the highest out of the entire first grade," I informed him before Uncle Bobby came back in. "You what?! This is celebration for ice cream and pie. You should ask Uncle Bobby if we can go to the diner," Blue suggested. That didn't sound like a bad idea...

It took us about fifteen minutes to go through everything. We threw away all of my graded papers and kept all of my drawings and artsy projects. Uncle Bobby grabbed a Manila folder and put all of the projects in it, "I'll put this up in a drawer so you can show your brothers next time they're here. You wanna call 'em now?" He asked, I glanced at the clock. It was almost four. I nodded my head. Uncle Bobby pulled his phone out of his pocket and started typing in a phone number. He clicked a button before holding the phone to his ear for a moment, he handed it to me, "It's ringing," he informed. I put the phone to my ear and waited. The ringing stopped on the third ring, "Yeah?" I heard Dean say. "Hi D," Dean's tone changed, "Hey Chris!" It sounded like he put me on speaker phone, "Hey Chris," I heard Sam say. "Hi Sammy," I greeted. "How was your last day of school?" Sam asked. "It was okay," I told him. Uncle Bobby butted in, "Why don't you tell them what you got?" He asked. Dean spoke up, "What'd you get short stack?" I put Bucky on the table, "I got the highest test score out of all the first graders," I told him. "That's great Chris! Are you and Bobby gonna go out and celebrate?" Sam said. Bobby answered for me, "We're gonna head to a restaurant in town and afterwards we're gonna get some ice cream." I looked over at Uncle Bobby, I wondered where we were going.

We ended up going to a Mexican restaurant called 'La Hambre'. I ordered tres tamales covered in queso and Uncle Bobby ordered a really big burrito. After we left there we went to an ice cream parlor and we both got ice cream cones. Blue stayed home, he'd said that Uncle Bobby and I should spend time together. We were sitting in the quiet ice cream parlor when Uncle Bobby decided to ask, "Do you still have ballet practice?" I nodded my head, "Yeah, it's still on Tuesdays and Thursdays," I informed him. He nodded his head and licked his ice cream, "You want to keep doin' it?" he asked. I nodded my head, "Yeah, it's fun." We sat in silence for a few moments, eating our ice cream. "Tomorrow's Thursday," Uncle Bobby told me before adding, "Practice tomorrow." I nodded my head, "Yup, Miss Crystal says we're going to have a pizza party tomorrow to celebrate the end of the school year after we practice." Bobby looked at his watch, "Just tell Miss Crystal to call me whenever it's time for me to come get you okay? You remember my phone number?" he asked. I nodded my head and recited the number. "Atta girl," he praised. We went back to eating our ice cream after that.

I woke up a bit late the next morning, nine thirtyish. Blue was sitting in the window reading one of my books, it looked like Percy Jackson. "Morning Blue," I greeted. His attention snapped up from the book, "Good morning Chrissy! What should we do today?" He asked as he put his bookmark in the book and set it aside. I sat up and looked around the room, "I dunno, but I have practice at three thirty," I told him, pulling the blanket off of myself to get up. Blue nodded his head and slid off of the windowsill to open my closet door. "So what we wearing today Chrissy?" I shrugged my shoulders, and looked around my room. I had school stuff everywhere, "I think I should clean my room today," I told him. He looked away from the closet and at the floor, "That's probably a good idea..."

We finished the room in about two hours, but that was because we kept getting side tracked with the movie we played for background noise. Uncle Bobby called me down for lunch not long after we finished. It smelled like grilled cheese. Uncle Bobby and I sat at the table and ate for about half an hour, he let me have a couple 'Little Hug Fruit Barrel's while I ate. I liked the purple ones. Those were my favorite. Blue said he liked the green ones surprisingly. We went back upstairs after we ate; Blue wanted to watch a movie before I left. I let him pick the movie this time, he grabbed 'Mulan'.

I had to get ready after the movie ended. Blue put my practice clothes in the bathroom so I could get ready. It didn't take me long, and Blue put my hair into a bun. Or he tried to at least. Uncle Bobby was in the kitchen waiting for me when I got downstairs. "You ready to go?" He asked, I nodded my head. He opened the door, "Then let's get going kiddo, you've got a pizza party to get to."

We didn't really practice at all, the most we did was a stretches. Miss Crystal said we weren't really going to practice because she was going to have music playing while we had our pizza party. She made us promise we'd have fun and dance to the music. She ordered some cheese and pepperoni pizza for us to eat and some ice cream. There was as really big bowl of candy too. There were a few two liter bottles of soda as well. I was sitting off to the side with my plate of pizza and a little cup of Dr. Pepper beside me when a girl sat down beside me. "Hi, my name's Lily," she greeted. I finished chewing my pizza and swallowed it before I answered, "My name's Christina." She pulled a bunch of candy out of her pocket and put it on the ground beside us, "I took a bunch from the candy bowl, but you can have some of it too," she said before she took a bite of her own pizza. I looked down at the candy, there was a wide variety from Star Bursts to Hershey's Kisses. I decided to grab one that I had never tried before, a Reese's. "Those are my favorite," Lily told me as she grabbed a pink Star Burst. I peeled open the package and pulled off the paper around the candy before I popped the whole thing in my mouth. It was a very sticky candy. I could feel it getting stuck to the top of my mouth. "Do you like it?" Lily asked me. I nodded my head, "Yeah, it's pretty good, I've never had one of them before." We sat there for a few minutes watching everyone dance as we ate. I wanted water. I stood up, "Can you watch my pizza?" I asked her, she nodded and pulled my plate closer to me. I thanked her and headed over to the bathroom, we didn't have a water fountain here. The teacher usually brought water for us, but all she brought today was soda for our party. I closed the door behind me and locked it instinctively before I turned on the tap, sticking my head under it to drink. I held my hair back until I was done. I stood back up, but I was still thirsty. I felt something rise in the back of my throat. I quickly turned around and kneeled in front of the toilet. The room was spinning, Why was it spinning? Those were my last thoughts before everything went dark.

The phone rang. Bobby left his book at the table and moved to answer it. "Hello?" He said unto the receiver. "Hello? Is this Robert Singer?" A female voice asked over the phone. Bobby gave a wary, "Yes... This is he." There was a shuffling of paper on the other end, "You need to come down to Sanford Medical. We have a Christina Singer here, she had a severe allergic reaction to peanuts and I'm very sorry to inform you that she did not make it,". It was at that time that Robert Singer fell to the floor.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

18.2K 605 66
The Yellow Eyed demon is vanquished, but at a terrible price. The battle that brought him down released hundreds of demons from Hell into an unsuspec...
27.8K 507 13
Blue thought she was a normal teenage girl. One with a lot of pain in the past. In Blue's eyes, being normal is getting picked on by the other kids a...
130K 2.5K 40
Dallas Winters was raised to be a hunter. When she was two, her mother died because of a yellow-eyed demon. Her father wanted revenge for her death...
11.6K 211 23
Y/n is one of the best hunters in America. Huntress actually. She started hunting as a young teenager, after a tragedy in my family. While on a hunt...