Monster Encyclopedia

By supernatural5230

I've always wanted an encyclopedia of mythical creatures but never could find one so I thought I could make o... More

Abominable Snowman
Aigamuxa
Amarok
Amphisbaena
Antmen
Bunyip
Camazotz
Chupacabra
Ciguapa
Cretan Bull
Cthulhu
Cyclops
Dragon's
Erymanthian Boar
Fenrir
Frankenstein
Gogmagog
Golems
Gremlins
Grendel
Hecatoncheires
Hopkinsville Goblins
Huitzilopochtli
Hybrids
Jack-o-Lantern
Jersey Devil
Jormungand
kelpie
Kongamato
Krampus
Lernaean Hydra
Loch Ness Monster
Mister Hyde
Morgawr
Mothman
Nandi Bear
Nemean Lion
Ogopogo
Ogre
Orcs
Owlman
Pegasus
Phoenix
Roc
Skunk Ape
Sleipnir
Springheeled Jack
Stymphalian Bird
Talos
Thunderbird
Trolls
The Undead
Unicorns
Valkyrie

Kraken

11 1 0
By supernatural5230

Name: Kraken

Features: Gigantic squid or octopus

Source: Norwegian and Scandinavian Legend

Habitat: Coasts of Norway and Iceland

The Kraken are giant octopus or squid-like creatures that reside in the seas. They are so large that they can easily wrap ships with their tentacles and drag them into the deep waters with ease.

Also, because of their gigantic size, they can create extremely powerful whirlpools when they quickly submerge, which can suck down anything caught within it, including large ships.

They have been said be the size of a small island. These sea monsters were so large that some sightings were accidentally logged as actual pieces of land on maps.

These sea monsters were feared and also embraced by fishermen. Since they fed the lesser fish with their leftover meals and excrement, schools of fish always surrounded these huge and dangerous squids.

This made for the ultimate opportunity for a bountiful catch for fishermen courageous or desperate enough to brave the odds.

These mythical creatures may have been born from the sightings of real giant squids that can grow to 40-50 ft in length including their tentacles.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

944 35 32
A collection of myths, monsters and Greek Gods
1.6K 107 43
(COMPLETED STORY) {WATTYS #2018} Mythical creatures you only hear about them in story books and see in movies, there is so many different versions of...
67 15 7
An unlikely pair, tasked to save a world with no name. But he's dying and she can't even save herself. What will they do? What will they find? Have y...
2.3K 200 27
Myths. Gods. Humans. These races are widely known for being the pieces that make up Mythology; however, one race has been lost to the recesses of ti...