Hallow King

By DoctorRockhard

#1 in Monsters 12/18/2022 "Leiah always dreamed her prince charming would arrive one day- handsomely dressed... More

October
The Cruel King
Hallow King
Trick and Treat
Pumpkin Patch
Costumes and Corpses
Sweet Sleepers
Gory Goods
Hallow's Horrid News
Heated Hearts
Tyrell's Transformation
The Executioner is Executing Everyone
Blood Bath
Midnight
A Future King for the Future Kingdom
Promise of Peace
Doctor Death
To Be or Not to Be
A Love Potion for Princess Leiah
The Beginning of the End
Terrible Truth
Farewell For Now, Feria
Epilogue

Disastrous Day

1.4K 86 21
By DoctorRockhard

"What's wrong, Master?" A skeletal body rested his bony hands on Hallow's stiff shoulder, his eyeless sockets looking over his King's solemn face.

"It is everything, Boner. My usual wicked self is feeling not so bloodthirsty today."

Boner began to polish Hallow's pumpkin head with a clean rag, making sure to make the surface as shiny as possible, "That's unlike you, Master."

"Staying in this world is toxic. It is affecting my health, making me feel when I shouldnt feel at all."

"What do you feel?"

"Nothing and everything all at the same."

Boner rested his skull against Hallow's own head, sighing deeply, "Master, you're truly a great King. You do all this for us, and no matter what happens, we appreciate your efforts."

Hallow remained silent for a moment, tapping his fingers against his knee, "I must be successful. I cannot come back home bearing awful news. Can you imagine how terribly undelightful it will all be?"

Boner couldnt find a proper response, but he knew at that moment his King needed words of comfort. "It's the pre wedding jitters speaking, Master. Do not be nervous. My wife and children will be rooting for you."

Hallow nodded, trying to focus on the bigger issues that surrounded him. He tightened his fist, shooting up from his seat with a determined flare in his eye. "You are correct, my bony friend. I will do everything in my power to make sure this ceremony goes well." He snapped his fingers, a thorny crown appearing on his head, "Do go and check on Catarina, will you? I need to make sure her plans are coming together."

Boner bowed deeply, his shaky figure hobbling towards the exit. The minute his hand rested on the golden knob, he was suddenly flying across the room as someone pushed their way inside, nearly breaking the wooden door once again. Hallow managed to reach out and catch Boner before he shattered into a million pieces.

Standing in the doorway in a white bridal dress stained with drops of blood, Leiah rested her hands against each side of the door frame. Hallow gently set his friend down, narrowing his eyes at the crazy undead woman before him, "Stop trying to break the doors down, you imbecile."

Leiah only blushed a bright red, shyly squirming as she tiptoed closer to an unhappy Hallow, "I'm sorry, dear. I'm just so excited my heart is beating sooo fast."

Hallow urged Boner to escape and quickly find Catarina, leaving the King and princess alone in the bedroom.

Leiah was close to bouncing into Hallow's arms once again, but he quickly dodged and began to back away, "D-don't you know its bad luck to have the groom see you before the ceremony?"

"Pumpkin, I couldn't help myself! I've finished arranging the party, and I even had time to change, it's just that I havent seen you for an hour and I missed you."

Hallow cringed, grumbling angrily as the princess began to swing on his arm. He couldnt find a way to get rid of her, because no matter what she'd be around every corner, stalking him.

"Well, I hope you do not mind but I need to sleep before our-."

"Silly, you don't sleep remember?"

"...Well then, I need to have some alone time."

"Share it with me."

Hallow growled loudly, gripping on to Leiah's head as he picked her up from the ground, "Whatever you are, you are not the lovely Leiah. Get out of my sight or I'll rip your head off."

"Oh Hallow," Leiah chewed on her lower lip, fluttering her empty eyes at the unamused spirit, "Please tear me apart if it pleases you."

Hallow immediately tossed her outside, barring the door with his body to keep her from coming back in.

"Dear, whats wrong? Can't I come back inside?"

"Leave."

There was a moment of silence, and it appeared Leiah was either talking to herself or someone else. The sound of her heels echoing against the marble floor soon began to grow distant. Hallow didnt feel safe until two full minutes had passed.

He exhaled loudly, not knowing how much he could take of all that was happening. He missed his own kingdom and his own citizens. Surely they were missing him as well. Hallow slumped against his chair, staring at his reflection in a vanity mirror.

Whatever the cost, he would make Feria his. It was the only way he could finally get some peace from the humans, and his own world would be saved.

~💀~

Hallow stood in front of a sea of many eyes, attempting to fake a smile as he awkwardly shifted closer to a creature in a black robe. He leaned towards them, swallowing uneasily as he whispered, "If this lunatic destroys the door and starts to run at me, I expect protection."

"You're an idiot."

"Harsh."

"You know nothing good ever comes from being with a human."

Hallow clamped his mouth shut, recalling the last time a friend of his had fallen in love with a human girl. The story ended quite tragically.

The king's eyes rolled over to his many monstrous guests, the decorated walls, the aisle, and ultimately the organ. His little niece, Vicky, had her fingers stretched out on the keys, prepared to play music when the bride had finally showed up.

"You don't seem like yourself." The robed creature commented in a low voice, digging his claws into a book he was meant to read from dueing the ceremony.

"I'm troubled. Very troubled."

"Why's that?"

"Something just doesn't feel right."

A loud, depressing wedding tune began to ring around the ballroom as the entrance doors gently swung open. Standing before everyone in her bloody dress was Leiah, a veil shielding her face as she cautiously stepped forward all on her own. Hallow was relieved that at least she was by herself. If she had discovered her father was dead and not coming back, then she wouldve told him something- and he clearly didnt want to have anything to do with the rotting old king anymore.

Hallow tried his best to grin wide, and the idea of finally being able to gain what he wanted most was proving to help him grin quite a bit. He straightened up as Leiah got closer, and he was surprised by how much self control she was having at the moment. He figured she would be all over him, but Leiah was actually quite calm.

"Dearly beloved undead. We are gathered here today to unite the spirit, Hallow King, and the living human, Princess Leiah, in unholy matrimony."

Throughout the readings, Hallow would supsiciously glance at the princess by his side, trying to figure out what face she was making despite not being able to do so. The veil covering her head was so thick, he wondered if she noticed he was sneaking glances.

The sound of a door cautiously opening up caught his attention. He turned his head, noticing with a confused expression as his executioner began to slide his way through inside, freezing once he was spotted.

Hallow narrowed his eyes, wondering what in the world would have driven the knight into disobeying his orders and refusing to stay outside until the ceremony was done. Whatever the reason, he knew he would have to deal with him later.

"Do you, Hallow, take Princess Leiah to be your wife, to-."

"Yes, yes. Get on with it."

"...and do you, Princess Leiah, take this spirit into becoming your husband..."

Hallow could hear the familiar steps of his knight growing closer towards them. He turned to his right, raising a brow as the Executioner stood up against a wall to his right. He would've given him an order to leave right at that moment, but the sound of gasping amidst the ballroom prohibited him from doing so.

He whirled back at Leiah, who's head was bowed.

"What? What's the matter?"

"I said...," Leiah lifted up her veil, revealing a perfectly normal, living face as she glared into Hallow's bewildered eyes, "No. I will never marry you."

He stood up abruptly, blinking rapidly as he tried to figure out what in the world was going on.

"No," Hallow whispered before filling with rage at what he had just discovered, "They're here, aren't they?!" He spun around, knowing full well that the others had gotten to his Executioner as well.

Instead of a large, armored monster standing before him, a simple, familiar man with a large ax still in his grip stared back at him.

Hallow barely had time to react when the sharp weapon was driven deep into his pumpkin head, causing him to collapse on the floor.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

367K 18.7K 85
Book 1 - His Mate Book 2 - His Mate: The Demon King An unexpected union. Hatred turned to love. Mysteries arose. History explained. Unexpected figh...
1.3K 332 31
George was the King of Halloween. He ruled the realm of darkness in a way that none had before him, yeah, he wished. It was all a disaster that he ha...
19.7K 845 19
The Life Tree has fallen. Monsters crawl from its roots and terrorise the realms they reach. In offer of protection, the Demon realm unleashed its so...
1K 207 35
My name is Kalista. They call me the beast. Kalista has been cursed by a powerful sorceress and is now a prisoner in her own palace. As petals fall f...