Sugar Rush

By erasingpencil

Bethany Hamilton's universe revolves around sugar, dogs, and her nephew Liam. But when she plays babysitter... More

Sugar Rush
01- Pillsbury Dough Boy Farts In The Baking Room
02- They Are Overusing My Precious Name
03- I Like The Sound Of Bethany Better
04- It Looks Like An Albino Chocolate
05- My Boxers Are Dry So Don't Worry About That
06- When I Was Nine I Thought I Ruled The World
07- Can You Two Just Kiss Already?
08- Liam You Suck At Keeping Secrets
09- Them Kids, Not Kids Kids
10- Playing This Game Will End Up in Inappropriate Positions
11- Are You Asking Me On A Date Bethany?
12- He Will Know When He Pushes It In
13- Was It Worth It?
14- I Like You And All That
15- What Was That All About?
16- Shark Week Is Coming
17- I'll Take Up On That Offer
18- Stop Poking Me
19- Are You Trying To Get Me Drunk?
20- I'm Responsible For You
21- The Great Twenty Four Year Old Virgin Bethany Hamilton, Who's Into Celibacy
22- Whatever You Want Us To Be
24- Whatever Titles Those Fakers Want To Be Called
25- I'm Not Scared. I'm Terrified
26- Watching Horror Movies With Bruce And Skittles
27- Father Fetish
28- Fancy Feeling Like A Rapist
29- Heaven's In My Mouth Right Now
30- Wait For It
31- Getting Naked In Public Parking Lot
32- And We Can Soap Each Other Up
33- Every Time I'm Near You I Get Wet
34- Can't I Just Take It Off?
35- Going On A Suicide Mission
Yes, I Did.
Valentine's Day Special

23- It's Like High School in One House

82K 2.1K 159
By erasingpencil

23

“Beth!” my mom smiled as she engulfed me in a hug, shoving away Blake’s arm around my shoulder. I hugged her back, missing her hugs and kisses and cooking, and well, her. “I’m glad you made it here safe.”

“Hi mom.” I grinned. “I missed you.”

“I missed you too honey.” She retuned my grin and looked at me as a whole. “I love your dress dear. It looks good on you.”

“That’s what I said.” Blake whispered with a smirk, however my mom heard her.

She turned her attention to the handsome man beside me whose hand was on the small of my back. “Well, who’s this devilishly fine-looking man?” my mom asked, giving me a look telling me she wanted me to tell her all the details of Blake later like a high school girl.

“My name’s Blake Greene.” Blake shot his hand forward with his right hand, a charming smile on full display. “Nice to meet you.”

My mom returned the smile, obviously he charmed his way in my mom’s heart and accepted his outstretched hand. “Georgia Hawkes, my maiden name. Nice to meet you too Blake.”

“Pleasure is all mine, Ms. Hawkes.”

“It’s just Georgia.”

We stepped in. Most of my relatives were already here, busy talking with each other until my mom stepped aside to make way for us to enter. That’s when heads snapped to our direction, all the attention directed to us.

“Shit.” I silently cursed as my body stiffened at the sudden increase of the amount of attention. I did not like being the center of attention and right now I was.

“Relax.” Blake whispered in my ear, his hand wrapped around my shoulder and gave me a squeeze telling me to calm down.

“Beth?” I snapped my head to the direction where the voice came from. It was Andrea wearing her short and tight dress. Well look who decided to talk to me. “OMG! It is you!”

I wanted to vomit over her fake attitude. I knew she only talked to me because of Blake. How is her husband okay with this? More importantly, I thought she wasn’t coming? Great, now I have to deal with her and April.

“Yeah it’s me.” I mutter nonchalantly. She engulfed me in a hug, like we’ve been friends forever.

“How are you doing?” she smiled deviously, her tone sickly sweet. “How’s work?”

“I’m fine. Everything’s fine.” I answered, not returning her smile. I didn’t want to act like I liked her. And I was terrible at acting.

She continued smiling, making me want to rip out all of her extensions. She turned her attention to Blake, her smile growing even wider if possible as she batted her seven layered mascara clad eyelashes. “And who’s this?”

I could feel Blake’s grip on me tighten as he pulled me closer to him. He hesitated for a bit and answered the wannabe Barbie doll in front of me in an uninterested tone. “Blake.”

“I’m Andrea Lopez.” She batted her eyelashes again, sticking her hand out with her long and sharp red nails glowing from her spray tan.

 “Dude!” a very familiar voice came from the kitchen, stealing everyone’s attention. Unfortunately, ‘dude caller Marcus’ headed our way, reverting the attention back to us. He engulfed me in a hug, cutting of my air circulation. He brought Dorothy with him too. She was beside him with a warm smile wearing a simple coral turtleneck dress, yet she looked like she just stepped out of a magazine photo shoot. “Reese wasn’t lying when she told me! I can’t believe my little cousin is all grown up.”

“I won’t be able to live longer if you won’t let go.” I choked the words out and wondered if he actually understood. I took it as a yes when he let go of me and immediately I started gasping for my dear oxygen.

Thankfully, Andrea had left us as soon as she realized that the attention was now on Marcus who tried to squeeze me to death.

“Dani owes fifty bucks.” Marcus smirked, stating proudly.

I shook my head at him. I can’t believe they betted again on me! Didn’t they have anything else fun to do? Or have anything to work on? It seemed like I wasn’t the only one disappointed. Dorothy was shaking her head too.

Half an hour later, dinner was served. We never hired a caterer to provide us with the food or drinks because my mom and aunts and uncles were good cooks. I was in charge with the desserts (no surprise there, but my mom always makes the sorbet is it’s all good) and had them delivered yesterday. My mom loved to cook and bake and I guess that’s where I got my passion for baking.

My sister however didn’t share any passion with us that had something to do with the kitchen except for eating. We seemed pretty good at that.

“You’re right.” Blake said beside me, nodding to himself. “The wings, they are delicious.”

“Told you so.” I gave him a cheeky grin as I devoured my own chicken wing. With a stupid move, I took the wing and raised to eye level and turned to Blake. He looked at me weirdly at first, wondering what the hell I was doing before proceeding to do the exact same thing.

“Cheers to….” Blake trailed off, looking for the right word.

“Delicious wings.” I finished as we both touched our food together in midair before continuing to eat them. We received a few disapproving glances from my aunts and uncles and few more amused looks from my cousins.

“Aunt Beth!” The familiar voice echoed throughout the noisy room and suddenly I get hugged by Liam. He was hugging my side tightly, like he hasn’t seen me in years; it has been less than twenty four hours after our last encounter.

I dropped the wing on my plate and cleaned my fingers with a paper towel before carrying Liam on my lap. “Hey kid. How are you doing?”

“I missed you!” he squealed, jumping on my lap. “And Al-ee, and- where’s Al-ee?”

He asked Blake when his eyes landed on Allie’s father who sat beside me with a chicken wing in one hand and a glass of water in the other. Blake dropped the bird on the plate and wiped his fingers with the paper towel.

“She’s staying over with her grandparents.” Blake answered the curious child who was on my lap. Liam frowned, and looked down, his head nodding slowly.

“Where’s your mom?”

“Aw, my baby sister missed me.” Reese appeared with a grin as she took the empty seat beside me. “I knew you would.”

“Keep dreaming.” I rolled my eyes at her.

My sister made a face before turning her attention to the person beside me, completely ignoring her four year old son who was busy spooning all the cake I got for dessert in his mouth on my lap- he didn’t eat his dinner yet.

“And you must be Blake?”

“Yes, I am.” Blake replied. “Reese?”

Reese nodded as Blake offered his hand out to shake hers. Her smile grew wide as she sent me a look, a look that said ‘I approve big time and I expect to an aunt tomorrow so move fast’.  I mouthed a ‘shut up’ to her. She smirked, telling me that I shouldn’t have done that.

“So…” Reese started as she sat back on the seat beside me. “I see Beth’s all lovey-dovey with you.”

My eyes snapped open and my neck twisted to her so fast I’m surprised I didn’t get whiplash. I could feel the blush that was heating up my face.

Oh good lord, what have I done to deserve this kind of embarrassment? I ate all my vegetables, and made my bed and did all my homework growing up. Why me?

“What?” she gave me a look. “Don’t tell me you two are not together.”

Blake and I said nothing and my sister formed her conclusion. “What?! Are you serious Beth? You two look so adorable together! I’m sorry but I thought you two were since you look and act like it.”

“Stop torturing your sister Reese.” Dominic said as he approached us with a plate full of different kinds of food. “Have mercy on her.”

I sighed in relief, dropping my arms. I mentally noted to remember to thank Dominic for saving me from his wife.

“Liam’s eating all of Beth’s cake.” Dominic muttered so that Reese could hear him and when she did, Liam had finished all of my desserts.

“Liam!” she reprimanded. “Desserts later.”

“I’m sowry.” Liam whispered, a smile on his face knowing his mother couldn’t do anything about it now.

Suddenly I felt a warm hand wrap around mine. And for the first time, I didn’t pull away like I did before. I opened my hand and grasped his large ones, looping my fingers with his. My hand was below the table level and since Blake and I sat close to each other, no one could see our entwined fingers. I tried to fight off the smile that was on my face so that no one would think something was happening but failed miserably. My smile reached from ear to ear.

Liam who was still sitting on my lap since he refused to sit anywhere else because he missed me too much (my love for Liam has just skyrocketed), glanced down to our entangled fingers. A large grin crawled up his face as he looked up at me. He opened his mouth, probably to say something or squeal, but before he could even utter out a single word, I placed my index finger over lips, telling him to keep quiet. He did and closed his mouth and nodded.

We finished eating, and it was not easy eating with only my right hand. No one questioned us though, maybe they thought my left hand was holding on to Liam. He sat on me for the entire meal, until I told him to get off since I couldn’t feel my legs anymore.

Loud chattering and the sound of laughter and children running around playing were the only things we could hear. The tables have been cleared up by now and I could hear my aunts and uncles getting ready to bring the wine and beer cases in. It was time for the smell of alcohol, music, cheering, the loud barks of laughter of my soon to be drunk relatives, and the breaking of cheap glassware my mom found on sale in the dollar store. She came prepared.

Blake and I were outside. We had landed on a mutual agreement to not stay inside and witness my relatives getting wasted. No way. The moon and stars was a way better view.

My mom had a garden in the backyard where she grew different kinds of beautiful flowers, fruits, vegetables and herbs. Besides her amazing kitchen skills, she was also good in gardening and I could see it in front of my own eyes how she reaped her hard work. It looked amazing.

 “You’re family’s very interesting.” Blake said, his tone telling me he’s stopping himself from We sat on a bench in the gazebo which was located in the middle of the not so large garden, side by side with our hands together still intertwined, my head on his shoulder. We were looking at the dimly lit scenery in front of us, the lights that illuminated the trees and small series of lights that hung on the branches.

“It’s like high school in one house sharing the same DNA in one way or another.”

This made me laugh. “I don’t think they’re that bad.”

“That girl…what’s her name?” he asked, laughing along with me.

“You have to got be more specific Blake” I said. “There are a lot of girls there.”

“The one with the extensions and implants.”

If I was drinking right now, I was sure I would spit it all out. Unfortunately I didn’t have anything at that moment so I was stuck with looking t Blake for a second or two before burst out laughing like a hyena who was on coke.

Oh god. I did not sound like a human being at all.

“What’s so funny about that?” he asked looking at me like I’ve grown a second head. “You know it’s true.”

“So you stared at her breasts?” I asked once I was done embarrassing myself with my hideous laughter.

He blushed and scowled. “Of course I wasn’t but…but…but did you see her?!”

I nodded and started laughing again. He was so adorable, getting flustered and all. “Yeah yeah she was leaving nothing to the imagination.”

“Exactly.” He pointed out, looking at me for a second before we both laughed. “But I’m serious. She’s like the mean head cheerleader queen bitch of the stereotypical high school.”

“Technically, she was in high school.” I stated.  “Well at least that was what my friend said.”

“And what were you in high school?” he asked with a crooked smile.

“Me?” I snorted at own self. “I was a nobody, just idling at the sides, doing what I’m good at- being a wallflower.”

“Right.” Blake scoffed, not believing me. “How can someone as beautiful as you be the wallflower in high school? Wait- let me guess, puberty came in late?”

“Ha-ha.” I said sarcastically. “Puberty didn’t come in late. I was just a nobody. Now, what about you? Were you Mr. Hot Sexy Player Quarterback?”

“Got that right, except for the player thing.” He said with a smirk. “I didn’t sleep around. However my dear Bethany, you got the hot and sexy part right.”

“Now, now let’s not get carried away. I bet you were the only one who thought of that.” So I was the one telling lies. I bet he was all drool worthy when he was in high school, still drool worthy now.

“Please Bethany.” He flicked my forehead. “We all know you’re thinking of the same thing.”

I blushed furiously, the comeback that I had planned in my head evaporates into thin air.

He took my hand again in his as we leaned against each other. We looked up at the sky, the full moon and the twinkling stars hovering over us, like a scene in a romantic movie.

“Bethany…” Blake called my attention making me lift my head up from his shoulder breaking our comfortable position.  He was about to say something as he turn to me, our eyes on each other’s and I took this opportunity to study him closer and better. The dim light revealed his deep set eyes and his angel carved facial structure.

“Beth!” I heard my name being called from the house. It was Marcus’.

We both sighed, Blake’s however was more of a frustrated sigh. I shook my head and I stood up to squint my eyes to look for Marcus.

“Beth your mom’s looking for you.”

“I’ll be right over!”

I dropped down back on the bench, an exasperated Blake sat beside me, running his hand through his gelled hair, completely messing it up but in a good way. He still looked amazing.

Blake grabbed my hand and enclosed it with both of his. He rubbed the pad of his thumb on my knuckles.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

898 217 21
Bethany thought she would always have eyes for basketball-star Matt...until she meets someone who can even out charm him, his older brother. ...
115 0 20
Katherine "Kathy" McLynn is your ordinary working woman. Independant and beautiful. She is actually different. She has had the same dream of the same...
29.1K 510 26
"Just tell him I love him alright? I haven't said it to him enough and he needs to hear it again. I just wish it could've been me telling him." ... B...
5.2M 148K 73
#1 in Romance, 23rd May 2020 "Precious, I don't know what the hell you're talking about, but you're never going on that date." And before I could pro...