(Canceled) Before I Shatter (...

By Rontu-Aru

For as long as he can remember, Foxy has been alone. Never a person of consequence. A loner. So cold and dist... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
What The Hell
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Almost Back
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Oh?
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Wattys 2019
Well Well Well
°_°
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
The Outsider Continuation
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Epilogue
The Price of Love

Chapter 15

1.4K 44 29
By Rontu-Aru

===Foxy's POV===

      Never in my entire life would I have pictured myself in this position. After years of silent fury, it all just disappeared. All of this frustration just gone, with no trace left behind. This. All of this. This is all Mangle's fault... but I'm glad it is. For once in a long time, I actually feel happy. Free. Not burdened down by my past. Not forced to live in constant anger. Just to live. Weightless. Honestly, it's the best feeling in the world. However... I still hate the company of... certain people.

     It's been a couple of days since Mangle and I... became a thing... regardless I still have a certain affinity for staying out of the frame. And this new relationship thing with Mangle... to say it quite frankly, it would change all of that. Mangle is what you would call a 'queen' of the school, her and Toy Chica. They are constantly surrounded by people and attention. If news of this were to get out then I would be forced out into the open, exposed. Then there is really nothing from stopping me from going completely berserk.
I love Mangle, I really do, everything about her is perfect, but I cannot let this get out.

      "MANGLE, WHERE THE HELL WERE YOU FRIDAY NIGHT?!" A voice exclaims from just around the corner I'm about to turn into. Students quickly crowd around in awe and wonder. My blood runs cold at the sound. When I do turn the corner I see Mangle surrounded by a crowd of people quietly murmuring to themselves. Her face is a bright red at the question, and she begins to stammer for any answer that isn't the truth. But the whispers get to Toy Chica first.
      "I would like some privacy with my friend please!" She exclaims to the crowd who stare with a slight horror in their eyes. Seeing an opportunity, I slip into this mod of student and pass directly by Mangle whisper something to her that only she could hear.

      "don't tell her anything." I say in a quiet and calm voice. Mangle and I both know that if Toy Chica were to find out, the news would be all over the school in only a matter of minutes. Then I would have the entire school gunning for me... especially Springtrap... Someday... I'll kill that son of a bitch.

===Mangle's POV===

      As the entire mob of people passes, leaving Toy Chica and I alone in the hallway, an aura of anxiety sets in. I feel a large lump rising in my throat, and I begin to feel sick, but Toy Chica starts to press in again.

      "We had plans Friday night, remember?" I try to come up with an excuse, but nothing comes to mind at first.

      "We had plans?" I respond trying to play dumb... but that never has and never will work on TC.

      "You and I both know that that is bullshit. You wanna know how I know?"

      "Cause you're a psycho maniac?"

      "No. Because you never turned off your location tracker on SnapChat." Ah shit! "You over at someone else's house Friday night... one... I don't recognize." She quickly takes out her phone and pulls up a picture of a phone locator hovering over a house... Foxy's house.
      "Who's house is that?" The pressure keeps piling on. I want to scream and yell and just burst forth with everything that happened after the show last Friday, but I know if I do Foxy would probably never forgive me.
      "Oh. My. God... You replaced me didn't you!" TC begins to yell again, but I shut that down before she starts to cry.

      "No. No. I would never replace you. You're my best friend!"

      "Then who's house is that?" Her voice breaks slightly, on the very verge of tears.

      "Well... I.. Can't tell you." There is a long pause, and blank look on TC's face. She blinks a couple times before starting up again.

      "You..  Can't tell me? But. I'm your best friend! You can tell me anything!"

      "I know that. I do. But I promised that I wouldn't say anything." She scans over my face with a stern look. Seeming to search through my very subconscious. It takes a while before she speaks again. 

      "you... You... YOU WERE AT FO-" I instantaneously slap my hand over her mouth to muffle her screams. She, in complete instinct, tries to pull my hand away, but I hold firmly in place.

      "yes... ok.. yes i was, but i don't want you screaming this all over the school. please TC. please don't tell anyone about this." I whisper, and pull my hand away. We are both silent for a moment before TC grabs my hand and pulls me into the bathroom.

      "It all makes so much sense. You ran out of the gym Friday night in such a hurry, and you never answered your phone.... Oh. My. God... You guys didn't-"

      "No. No. NO. God no."

      "Oh... so then what happened?"

      "I already promised that I wouldn't say anything, and now I've said too much. So you need to promise me, and I mean really promise me, that you won't speak of this ever!" The request seems to bug her. It's possibly the biggest news of her life and she can't talk about it. Her best friend finally found a guy worth being interested in, but she can't shed a word of it to anyone. The way it must be eating away inside her is something I don't want to imagine. But she promises, and we both exit the restroom and I'm finally able to head to class. I have a really, really bad feeling about this.

===Foxy's POV===

      Throughout the day I kept having a feeling of being watched. Eyes glaring at me like they knew what happened between Mangle and I. I could feel the rage that was burning a hole in my head, the disgust that left a bitter taste in your mouth. But there is no way they could know. They weren't there, and Mangle promised me she wouldn't tell anybody... It's probably all in my head. The anxiety of a madman, and nothing more. 

      A soft, gentle breezes runs overhead and messes slightly with my long hair. The fresh air feels nice, and for once I'm actually able to enjoy it. The burden that kept me focused on everything evil in this world vanished and I am finally able to enjoy the beautiful things.
      I take a seat on one of the ledges on the roof of the school and start to unpack my lunch. The quiet scene is something I have long needed, but now that I'm here... I don't like the silence... or the loneliness. I feel as though I am completely alone, which is something I would be absolutely ecstatic for. But without Mangle here, I feel empty. Lost... I guess that companionship is what I have been missing all this time. The feeling of incompleteness eats away at me whenever Mangle isn't here. A feeling I just realized I hate.
      The door to the roof opens with a loud and creaky sound. I snap out of my thoughts and look towards the figure standing before me. My heart begins to go into a fury. My mind races, and I can hear the beating of my own heart pounding against my ears.

      "I thought I might find you up here." Mangle says and begins to walk towards me. Her hair blows gently in the breeze and a bright smile shines brightly on her lips. The way her hips sway back in forth is somewhat mesmerizing, and her stare is so easily lost in. I only stare into her eyes, not sure of what to say after what happened the other night. The awkwardness begins to set in as she takes a seat next to me. I don't what to say, or what to do, I've never been in this kind of situation before.
      But, as I'm about to break the silence Mangle rests her head on my shoulder. The weight of it is alarming at first, but then it becomes soothing and invited. My heart settles down to only a flutter at Mangle's soft touch.

      "Foxy." Mangle being the first to break the silence. 

      "Yeah?"

      "Do you think that this is a good idea?"

      "Do I think what is a good idea?"

      "Us... Don't mistake my meaning. I like us love the idea of us like this. But, from an outsiders point of view, do you think us being together is a good idea?" I'm appalled by the question, and can't form an answer without first giving it thorough thought first.

      "Well, from an outsiders point of view, there is a social, caring and loving person. On the other side there is a dark, brooding loner who doesn't like much in the way of people. From this third person's perspective, I would say that we aren't exactly compatible..." Mangle's once happy smile turns sour, forming a sad frown that I hate the look of on her. 
      "However. I don't give a damn about some outsider's thought process on things. They all have their own theory on how things should be, but that doesn't make them right." The smile she once wore now dons her face again, shining even brighter in the days radiant glow.

      "You're right. Though we may be the polar opposite of one another, we seem to have attracted the other.... Also... TC knows about us..." My heart turns from a fluttering mess into a weight that drops into my stomach.

      "What?" I say plainly, and emotionless.

      "She kind of probed my brain and knows all about us. What happened between us Friday night, and also about what we are now." A weak and nervous smile now crosses my face as we both look at one another in looks of horror.

      "It's chaos down there... isn't it..."

      "Yeah... The whole school is kind of in an uproar... Mostly a lot of girls being jealous, especially after your singing on Friday night, but there are also quite of few guys that wouldn't mind taking a stab at you... some of them quite literally." Normally this would have me in a hazy rage, but instead of being blinded by the rage, I feel a wonderful sense of clarity in the anger. Because now I have something to fight for. A reason to live. A reason to live to see tomorrow. Though the thought of an entire school gunning for me is still scary.

      "TC can't keep her mouth shut can she?" I say with a heavy sigh.

      "With something like this in the recesses of her mind, there is no way in hell she could go without spilling details."

      "I guess we should just go down together then." I say, now having lost my appetite and beginning to feel sick.

      "Yeah... that would probably be safest." 

      "Well, fuck it. Allons y!" (Shout out to who ever gets that reference!) 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

406 130 30
I will do a challenge where a write my own book in 30 days: Follow me to see my journey: I will write a book and publish chapters everyday here My ta...
9.4K 397 15
After nine years, Ib finally convinced Mary to take her to the gallery of Guertena once again. Ever since she was last at this gallery she couldn't h...
1.1M 49.4K 95
Maddison Sloan starts her residency at Seattle Grace Hospital and runs into old faces and new friends. "Ugh, men are idiots." OC x OC
1.1K 108 27
All of my digital art! I feel unorganized putting my traditional art and my digital art inside, so i'm going to make a diff book for the tradition on...