Second Love

By JL_Huxley

I'm cold. I'm alone. I'm not angry... at least not anymore. But here I sit. Alone. And Numb. You think on... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 14

Chapter 13

40 3 1
By JL_Huxley

I arrive at the same B&B where I stayed at months previously. The gala begins in an hour so I know I'm going to be fashionably late. Hilary already says she'll pick me and take me since teachers are required to attend.

I'm wearing a champagne shimmering evening gown that's spaghetti strap. It certainly hugs my ass and my rack which I both plan on using tonight. My hair is soft and curly. And I'm wearing matching high heels. I pull a white pashmina along with my new Kate Spade clutch for good luck. When Hilary answers the door she appears in a black evening gown, she's speechless at my sight.

"Okay, if this doesn't win you over. Then any man would drop his boxers for you."

I laugh and we race to her car. Luckily, it's not snowing tonight, but its fucking cold. We use the valet parking and walk in the door. I catch a few familiar faces that seem to scoff at me. I could simply careless. There's only one person I care about tonight. I purchase my paddle for bidding and head to the stage with Hilary. We got here just in time because I was the last one to purchase it before they close.

I don't see Peyton anywhere. And my anxiety sets in thinking someone who saw me told him. The lights go deem and everyone's focuses their attention on the stage. More than 14 people have already been auctioned off, but when I hear the final auction is Peyton my heart bursts and my stomach fills with a million butterflies. "Peyton Simms, everyone" the MC says. The crowd cheers and some ladies scream with excitement.

What the fuck? I'm from New York and I'm not afraid to throw done.

Jake looks fucking hot in his 3 piece suit and struts around a bit with the music soft in background. I feel like he's almost enjoying this attention. Fucking player.

"Alright ladies and gentleman let's start the bidding at $500."

Several quick hands shoot up and before I can even throw my hand up, the bidding is already up to a $2,500 and keeps going.

Fuck this! I raise my paddle high in the air yell "one million dollars."

The MC stops and the room falls silent. A gentlemen in a suit walks over to me. I recognize him as Mr. Banks from the development and planning meetings I attended. Though the meetings were a complete joke he knows my background and knows who I work for...used for to work for. I pull out my check that's already written for 1 million dollars with a blank space to be filled and hand it to him. He looks at the MC and nods that it's not a joke.

"Sold! To the lady with paddle #221. Coach Simms please meet your buyer at the checkout."

I scurry away before the lights go completely back on and the stage light is out of his face. I don't want him to run away from me before I can explain. I stand in the hallway outside the room where checkout is. And then I see him. He looks incredibly handsome in his 3 piece suit, but he stops dead in tracks before I can finish admiring him. He looks angry and broken and I hate that I caused it. He turns to walk out the front doors and I run after him.

"Peyton, wait! Give me 5 minutes."

"No fucking way H."

He calls me H and it's like music to my ears.

"Give me 5 minutes to explain" I shout. Fine, I call his bullshit.

"Fine, then you can explain to the school board how the woman who gave 1 million dollars to the school is asking for it back considering her date bailed on her."

He stops a few feet in front of me. After a few seconds I see his shoulders drop and turn on his heels to face me "You fucking wouldn't."

"Try me" as I cross my arms across my chest.

"Fine, what do you want?" he growls.

"Play me for it."

"Play what and for what?" he scoffs

"Take me to JoJo's and play pool with me. 1 round. I'll count it as our date. And I'll explain everything."

"What do I get if I win?" he eggs on.

"Name it!" I say

"I get Matt's Dodge charger" he grins. He knows how much I love that car. And he's always wanted one. Too bad he doesn't know it's already going to be his.

"Deal." I move close enough to where he can breathe me in "But if I win...I get you!"

I see an almost grin form on his face but he doesn't allow it to spread past anything but a spasm.

"Deal" he shakes my hand and we both seem to acknowledge the electricity between us.

We walk over to his RAV4. He actually opens the door for me, but I certainly catch him glancing over how hot I look in this dress. I knew it would get his attention. As he walks around the car and I glance back to the two empty car seats. Chloe must have had a new batch of animal crackers because there's crumbs everywhere and Crew's is piled with toys around it. I smile at how much I've fallen in love with those kids.

He climbs in and we drive to JoJo's. It's only a 10 minute drive, but the silence is killing me. He knows because I see him smirk as he turns the radio up. I'm not going to lie the sexual tension is pretty thick right now. We park and both walk out of the car. The music is hot tonight but it's not overly busy. We get a few confused stares from people....I get it two good looking people in formal wear at bar.

We spot our usual table and I'm grateful no one is at it.

"Mind if I break?" I ask.

"Do you ever ask" he fires back. I get it. He's guarded and he has every reason to. But I'm paid the big bucks to win. Then again, he's also paid to win.

I break the balls and sink my first 2 shots.

"So you said you were going to explain...so explain" he huffs.

"Are you sure I won't distract you in this dress or what I'm about to tell you. I think you're at a disadvantage." He rolls his eyes at me.

He moves into his position as I start "I went back New York and I realized how alone I truly was. Everything about who I was before you and after you was so different. I missed your comfy couches, the chaos of the kids, and you, especially you."

He sinks his first shot and continues to ignore my speech.

"But I went back to work and spoke to my boss. He sold the business and told me I could stay under the new direction and work myself to death or take the money and come back here and be happy. He knew I fell in love you. So I took the 7 million dollars and just used 1 on you tonight."

Peyton completely missed the ball and scrapes the entire table with the force of his stick. His eyes go wide.

"I think I need a few drinks before you continue."

We wave the waitress over and order two drinks each. I chug my vodka and cranberry while he chugs his common, but not always used scotch on the rocks.

"My turn" I say cheerfully.

"So I took the 7 million dollars and left the business. Jake is now somewhere in Europe spending the holidays with his 2nd great love. And here I am trying to win mine back." I sink my 3rd and 4th shot.

"So what about your apartment, cars, friends, and life in New York?" he mutters.

I miss.

"Your turn." He moves into position and sinks the next two.

"Well, I sold my apartment which earned me another 3 million. I transported my cars here, which should arrive tomorrow. I said goodbye to my friends in New York because I told them I was in love with someone far away. And my life in New York ended the minute after Matt died and restarted after the moment I met you."

I move closer to him as he moves into position to make his last shot. And I whisper into his ear "You see the love of my life is here. He's IT for me. So why would I have a life separate from his? Plus I used this dress to get his attention because he knows how tight I am and would use it to his advantage until I scream his name. What do you think? Did I explain myself clear enough to him?"

He completely misses the ball again and I move away from his reach. He's smiling and looking defeated.

"You know if I win, I get you, right? Should I sink the shot and win the game or miss?" I ask.

He places the stick on the table, grips the ball into his palm, and slides it into the pocket, releasing it.

He grins at me "I think you've done enough explaining."

He grabs my hand and rushes me out to the door and into the car. We drive incredibly fast to his house. We barely make it throw the front door before Peyton has his hands all over me. He pushes me towards the kitchen because we completely miss the stairs.

"Kids" I mutter in between kisses.

"They're at my parents all night" he breaks.

He pushes me against the table and reaches down and pulls up my floor length dress.

"Fuck" he moans. "You're not wearing any panties."

I devilishly play "Remember, I always come prepared."

He gives me a side grin. "Right."

He pushes my dress up and stands between my thighs spreading them wide. I start removing his layers of vest, shirt, and tie. I unzip his pants and let them fall to floor.

Fuck I've missed this body.

"Fuck, I've missed your body H" he professes.

I'm already so wet for him and before I can do anything he has two fingers inside me. I'm screaming his name already and I'm losing myself in his touch. I bite on his shoulder and my nails digging in his back.

"I love you" I moan.

"Oh, I'm not going to let you come here. I'm going to make you beg for relief, but you won't find any" he proclaims.

He's pumping in and out and I've spilled out of my dress at this point. He starts sucking at my breasts and kissing every inch of my chest and neck. He slowly pulls out but hastily puts me over his shoulder and carries me upstairs. He reaches for my dress zipper and pulls it down. He unclasps my bra and lets it fall to the ground.

We fall on to the bed naked and laugh at ourselves like we've been doing this our whole life. He rolls on top me and hovers over me to look into my eyes as if to let it all sink in. I smile right back and lean up to graze my lips against his "I love you" I whisper. And that's all that it takes.

With one hand cupping the back of my neck, tangled in my hair and one on my waist, I'm digging in his back as he pumps deep and slowly in me. He's taking everything I'm giving him without any hesitations on my part and I'm taking everything he's offering in return. I don't know where he begins and I end. But we're lost in a paradise that's just me and him.

The throbbing is intensifying and I'm begging for relief. With every thrust he demands a response.

"How much do you fucking love me?"

"Oh...so fucking much" I moan.

"Who owns this pussy now and forever?"

"You fucking do" I whimper.

"Marry me!"

"Yes...Fucking, Yes" I scream.

He pushes us over the edge together in a few more thrusts. I'm moaning his name. He falls to my chest. And I stroke his back and caress his sweat soaked hair. We regain our composure and return to our normal breathing.

"So when should tell the kids" he asks.

I giggle for a minute. "The moment you have a ring for me, I guess."

He leans up and hovers over to me to reach into his nightstand.

Seriously, you have one?

He pulls out a small black box and touches my nose with it. I'm pulling a Chloe right now by reaching for it with my greedy hands yet not using my words.

"I bought this after you left. I don't know why, but did. I told myself you would come back for it."

He lets my fingers grab it from his hand and I open the box. I'm in utter shock. Inside is a beautiful vintage, diamond ring, easily 1.5 carats... with two blue sapphires placed on each side.

"I just thought it was best of both worlds...timeless, beautiful, and never goes out of style" he smirks.

Tears are in my eyes at this point and he removes the ring and slides it on my finger.

"It's simple H. I love you. Marry me. Let's raise these kids together. Let's be in love and live our lives happily-"

I cut him off "It's simple Peyton. I love you too. I'll marry you tomorrow if you want. Hell, I'll even have more kids with you if we want. Let's be in love and live our lives happily together..." I smile.

"Oh and one more thing...I put the dodge charger in your name. Consider it your early wedding gift."

His eyes light up and buries his face in my neck screaming with excitement like a school girl.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

78 14 19
Millie's life started harder than just another teenager, she had to grow up faster than she wanted. Her mother died at a young age, and her father go...
514 68 19
It feels like we are in hell when we are all alone.. When we leave our bestfreinds and start for a new life... When everything seems to be new.... Al...
13.8K 383 45
Book I of ๐“ฃ๐“ฑ๐“ฎ ๐“ข๐“ฑ๐“ช๐“ญ๐“ธ๐”€ ๐“ข๐“ฎ๐“ป๐“ฒ๐“ฎ๐“ผ After feeling invisible for so long she finally was seen by the one boy that was supposed to be off limits...
235 22 8
Self love, Self finding, Mystery, Fantasy, Short Story I've tried, to be happy, to forget, but it's hard when there's nothing to be happy about and...