Superflash - Crisis on Earth...

By TheAIWriter

Rewrite of Crisis on Earth X. Kara Danvers and Barry Allen have battled and overcome the worst, but what happ... More

Author's Introduction
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 35
Author's Conclusion

Chapter 34

2.5K 50 33
By TheAIWriter

Kara's Apartment - One Day Later

The door slowly opened up letting in Kara holding a bag full of groceries. She placed them down on the counter and turned to examined her home. For some reason, whenever she walked through that door she expected to see him, to see his smiling face ready to surprise her, but every time she was proven wrong. Her house had never felt more empty and colorless in her life, it wasn't until he left that she quickly noticed how big her loft was for just one alone person. She sighed and began to organize her food into the fridge, desperate to find anything that would take her mind of Barry.

It didn't take long for her to finish, which was depressing because now she was left with nothing to do. She was off work for the day, the D.E.O hadn't spotted any crime activity, her cousin needed to get back to his city, and her sister has been assigned a new project that was taking up all her time. She had never felt so alone.

She never realized how much free time she had on her hands, looking around all she could see was that her house need a little tidying up, but she could never bring herself to do it. Instead she just laid on her couch and picked up the white pillow laying on it. She looked at it before bringing it closer to her body and hugging it. She took in the scent coming off the pillow, it was Barry's.

The night before Kara slept on the couch, she couldn't sleep in her bed for some reason. She just wasn't comfortable on it.

This pillow, she was holding, had been the one Barry use to sleep on, it was the only thing that reminded her of him. She remained like this, in her silent and dark apartment, for a while before her phone rang.

"Hello." Kara answered.

"Hey Kara."

"What do you want Alex?" Kara said plainly.

"You busy, we need your help down at the D.E.O."

"With what?" Kara said not really sounding all the interested.

"It's her... She wants to talk to you, and only you."

Suddenly Kara's interest pecked, "I'm on my way."

Kara hung up the phone and super speeded to the D.E.O.

D.E.O Headquarters

Supergirl came flying in through the big D.E.O doors. When she landed she walked over to Alex, "Hey. So she finally is deciding to talk."

"Sorta. Come on." Alex said leading the way, "She hadn't said anything to anyone, it was only a couple of hours ago that she said to me that she would only talk to you."

"Well alrighty then, lets talk." Kara said.

D.E.O Prison Center

Kara walked into the prison center. Inside the room there was only one prison cell, this prison cell was encased in bullet proof glass, and there is a strong red light shining down from the ceiling.

Inside we see a blonde woman, she is dressed in an orange jumpsuit, had some silver device attached to her chest, and her back was turned to Kara. She waited for the guards to leave the room before she spoke to Kara, "So. What took you so long to visit me, I thought we had grown closer than this."

"Cut the crap Kara, we're not close, what do you want?" Supergirl said annoyed, she wanted to get this over with as soon as possible.

"Oh calling me by my name, you trying to butter me up." Overgirl said turning around, "It won't help you, like I told our sister, I don't know where the Reichsman are."

"She is my sister, you killed yours." Kara said through her gripped teeth, "And if this is all the information you have then there is no point in prolonging this conversation."

Kara turned around and headed towards door.

"I assume so. I'm sure you're just dying to get back to that big empty loft of yours."

Kara froze in her tracks after hearing this, "Shut up."

"Oh? I'm sorry, I know it's a very sensitive time for you right now. I'll let you be on your way." Overgirl said taking a seat on her bed.

Kara didn't leave, something didn't add up, "Why?"

"Why what?" Overgirl asked.

"Why did you let Iris live? You had her in your hand, you could have killed her, but you failed." Kara asked turning around to face her.

Overgirl didn't answer Kara, she just smiled.

Seeing Overgirl smile at her made Kara realize something she never expected, "You... You never intended on killing her, you purposely let her live. Why, what do you plan on doing to her?"

"It's more on what she can do for me, Kara." Overgirl answered, "But Ill elaborate on that later. How about you answer me now. Why do you care? She's alive, that's what you wanted right?"

"It is." Kara answered.

"Really? Cause I'm looking at my face right now and that is not the face I make when I'm happy." Overgirl replied.

Kara try to reply back with an answer but she couldn't come up with one. She was a lost for words.

"You want to know what I think." Overgirl said getting up out of her bed and walking up closer to Kara, "I think... that you wanted her dead."

"You're crazy." Kara replied not wanting to believe her.

"I know you Kara, I am you." Overgirl replied, "Stop trying to hide the fact you knew everything immediately got much easier the moment you thought Iris was dead. As soon as she was dead all your worries where gone; Barry was single, and you didn't need to worry about hurting him or Iris anymore."

"Shut up." Kara gripped her teeth, "I'm not you, I don't do that kind of crap."

Overgirl turned around again, "You were so close Kara, to having everything you wanted. I heard your conversation with Barry, where you tried to confess to him, after the blast. So close, yet it was all thwarted by one woman, a messily woman."

"What is your angle, enough with riddles! Tell me what this is all about!" Kara yelled slamming her hands onto the glass.

"You want the easy way out, you all want the easy way out!" Overgirl yelled, going up to the glass to get as close as possible to Kara, "You want love to be easy, to have the path be laid out perfectly so that you find Barry at the end with no trouble. You want Iris to disappear, die, or date some other dude; but what is that going to prove? That you're Barry's true love... as long as Iris get taken out of the story for some convenient reason? You will never know if Barry truly loves you if Iris just gets written off like that. I could have ended our story back there; if I killed Iris, Barry would have been sad, you would have comfort him, and in the end you two would end up together. But that's not how I let it happen... I wanted you to see that Barry will choose you in the end, regardless if Iris is still present."

"Your sick." Kara said disgusted at thought of how Overgirl thinks she could just toy with two people's emotions, just to prove a point.

"Think about it Kara. Every special moment that you and Barry experience throughout this entire adventure of ours, was because of me. I stopped the wedding, which in turn gave you another chance to tell Barry your feelings. I trapped you two on Earth 38, giving you two the privacy needed. I crippled you, which resulted in Barry nursing you back to health. I stole Barry from you, forcing you to realize the distances you would go to get him back. And I let him go back to you, now with a new perspective on his feeling towards you. I brought you two closer, I've been pulling all the strings this entire time to get the two of you together."

Kara whipped away the tears that had escaped her eyes, "Well I'm sorry to break it you, but your whole master plan failed. I've been banned from Earth 1. I'm never going to be able to see Barry again."

Overgirl backed away from the glass, letting what Kara said to sink in.

"You lost." Kara stated coldly.

"Yes I did..." Overgirl looked up at Kara's expression, seeing the frown she had on her face, "But why does it feel like you lost as well."

This was the one thing that Kara was actually able to agree on with her, "That's because I did."

"Very interesting." Overgirl said, "See if you can answer me this question. I didn't win, neither did you, Barry is to confused to be claimed a winner, Blitzkrieg is dead, and Eobard failed to kill the Flash. If we are supposed to be the main characters of this 'story' of ours, shouldn't at least one of us have won?"

Kara thought about what she was saying, her metaphor made sense, someone should have won, but as far as she knew no one did, "What I know about stories is that there are time when the ending is so tragic that it leaves everyone feeling like they lost something... or... sometimes the winner is the one person you never expect to win."

Barry and Iris's Loft

"Are you sure you'll be ok?" Felicity said standing at the door holding her jacket in her arm, "I can tell Oliver to let us stay one more night. With Barry staying over at Joe's place, I feel bad leaving you all alone in this entire building."

"Felicity, I told you I'm fine. It still hurts and it's not going to get better anytime soon, but I know it will eventually. Me and Barry are going to get through this." Iris responded, "Remember, we are Barry and Iris."

Felicity smiled, "You guys are going to be ok, especially now that you don't have any more aliens trying to break you two up."

"Thank you Felicity, for everything." Iris said, "Tell Oliver I wish him the best."

"I will. Bye Iris." Felicity said hugging her.

"Bye Felicity." Iris said hugging her back.

Iris closed the door and walked into the bathroom. She closed the door behind her and turned the faucet on. She adjusted the water's temperature to get it nice and warm. Iris bent down and splashed the water on her face, she ran her hand along her face in an attempt to clean it. As she looked up at the mirror, saw her reflection.

As Iris looked at herself she couldn't help but smile. Sure she and Barry were now facing a setback, but it wasn't going to be forever. What really mattered was that she got what she wanted. Like she said before; what she wanted was get everyone to be less trusting of Kara, she wanted to show them that Kara wasn't perfect. She got that, and it felt good. She also wanted to create distance between Barry and Kara, and Cisco was able to give her that, there is no greater distance then being universes away. Everything was perfect; Iris had everything she wanted.

Iris won. Did anyone see that coming? I didn't. I was originally not going to put this as the ending, but then I came up with the idea at the last minute and I really liked it. So what do you guys think? I expect most of you are mad. Please leave a comment or a question.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

10.4K 295 13
Bella Swan, a young 16 year old girl moves to a town called Forks with her father. She soon attended a new school, and along the way met some mysteri...
110K 2.1K 39
Kara Zor El and Barry Allen were from two different universes. Before Barry was struck by lightning, he actually lived on Earth-3. It was the lightni...
9.9K 376 12
It seems...Mortis is still a figment in Ahsoka's life. --IN THE PROCESS OF BEING REWRITTEN--
40.3K 1.3K 21
It has been two weeks since the battle of Sokovia, and Wanda Maximoff is struggling to adjust to her new family. When Captain Rogers asks for her acc...