The Stepbrother (UPDATED)

By emopastelgirl

This story has been edited and updated! Please Read: WARNING! (R+18) This contains mature content and trigger... More

Author's Note
Please Read: Updated Author's Note
Oct 2022: Updated Author's Note
March 2023 Author's Note/Announcements and Other Stuff
πŸ”ͺPrologue (UPDATED)
πŸ”ͺChapter 1: Aurora (UPDATED)
πŸ”ͺChapter 2: Proposal (UPDATED)
πŸ”ͺChapter 3: Dinner (UPDATED)
πŸ”ͺChapter 4: Wedding Dresses (UPDATED)
πŸ”ͺChapter 5: The Big Day (UPDATED)
πŸ”ͺChapter 6: Music Box (UPDATED)
πŸ”ͺChapter 7: Mr. Davies and Black Mailing (UPDATED)
πŸ”ͺChapter 8: Creeping (UPDATED)
πŸ”ͺChapter 9: The Night Her World Turned Black and White (UPDATED)
πŸ”ͺChapter 10: The Morning After (UPDATED)
πŸ”ͺ Chapter 11: Warning (UPDATED)
πŸ”ͺChapter 12: Mouth Full of Lies (UPDATED)
πŸ”ͺChapter 13: Followed (UPDATED)
πŸ”ͺ Chapter 14: First Target (UPDATED)
πŸ”ͺChapter 15: Better Lock Your Doors At Night
πŸ”ͺ Chapter 16 Part 1: Halloween Party (UPDATED)
πŸ”ͺ Chapter 16 Part 2: Halloween Party (UPDATED)
πŸ”ͺ Chapter 16 Part 3: Halloween Party (UPDATED)
πŸ”ͺ Chapter 18: Hello... Brother (UPDATED)
πŸ”ͺ Chapter 19: Positive Result (UPDATED)
πŸ”ͺ Chapter 20: Scars, Wounds, Lies, and Cameras (UPDATED)
πŸ”ͺ Chapter 21: Realizations (UPDATED)
July 2023 Author's Note
πŸ”ͺ Chapter 22: Sleepover Gone Wrong (UPDATED)
πŸ”ͺ Chapter 23: Hospitalized (UPDATED)
πŸ”ͺ Chapter 24: Runaway (UPDATED)
πŸ”ͺ Chapter 25: Enough (UPDATED)
Might put this story ON HOLD or even DISCONTINUE this story and other stuff...
πŸ”ͺ Chapter 26: Guts and Scissors (UPDATED)
Announcement
πŸ”ͺ Chapter 27: Unraveled Past (UPDATED)
πŸ”ͺ Chapter 28: The Talk (UPDATED)
πŸ”ͺ Chapter 29: Revealing the Truth (UPDATED)
Thank you for 100k!
Author's Note
πŸ”ͺ Chapter 30: Poison (UPDATED)
taking a break from wattpad
πŸ”ͺ Chapter 31: Eenie Meenie Miney Moe, Catch A Lady By Her Toe (UPDATED)
πŸ”ͺChapter 32: If She Screams, Don't Let Her Go (UPDATED)
πŸ”ͺ Chapter 33: Tag You're It, Now Let's Play Hide And Seek (UPDATED)
πŸ”ͺ Chapter 34: Clock's Ticking, Your Time Is Up (UPDATED)
πŸ”ͺ Chapter 35: Everybody is a Fool (UPDATED)
πŸ”ͺ QnA!
Sequel Teaser!
πŸŽ‰Thank you for 300k and 7k votes!!!
Prequel + Heavy Editing
If this story will turn into a movie...
hear me out: who would play as the characters in this story?
FINALLY! EDITING AND UPDATING DONE!

πŸ”ͺ Chapter 17: The Attic (UPDATED)

18.9K 448 103
By emopastelgirl

Edited on: 09/21/2021

Updated on: 05/30/2023

Aurora's POV

I woke up and the first thing I saw was the ceiling. The light bulb is not on. Blue atmospheric lighting cascaded in from the window. 

I slowly sit up and my eyes suddenly widen as soon as I took note of the room.

I recognized the soft grey colored walls and those white curtains... I look down and I touch the softness of the black velvet blanket. I'm not in my own room.

This is Steven's room! 

He must have carried me all the way here while I'm asleep. I look around the room and then look to my right and the space is empty.

Looking under the covers, I'm glad I'm still in my costume. I let out a shaky sigh of relief and rub my knuckles onto my eyes.

'DING DING'

That's my phone and I tilted my head a bit.

Grabbing my phone, I drag my feet off the bed and I can feel the fuzzy fabric of the carpet.

I turn on my phone and the brightness of the screen just made me shut my eyes and blink until my eyes are fully awake again. I squint my eyes a bit and it's a text message from Heather, saying that she'll return my shoes and get her things on Monday.

I didn't bother to reply back so I just turn off my phone, grab my stuff and get off the bed. As soon as I open the door, I came face to face with Steven.

"Well good morning to you, sweetie. Did you sleep well?" He spoke with that ridiculous smirk on his face.

I just rolled my eyes and I have no time for this. I just want to go back to my bedroom, lock myself in there and sleep for the whole day.

"Aren't you going to say 'good morning' back?" He said and it's like I can feel his shadow towering over me.

I let out a sigh and pinch the bridge of my nose. "Where's my Mom?"

"Oh, your Mom and my Dad won't be here until midnight because of work and Toby is at a friend's house, having a little playdate." He answered as he caresses my cheek. "So it's just you and me for the day."

I pull my head away from his hand and I just walk past him and walk towards my room.

"I'm gonna let that slide just this once Aurora!" He shouted and I just ignore him. I twist and open the door to my room and lock it before throwing my stuff and they ended up on the floor.

I put my phone on top of my side table and take off my blazer. But first, I dig into one of the pockets and I can feel my heart beating faster. It was empty. I check the other pocket and it's empty as well. 

The business card that the detective gave me is gone. 

Steven must have taken it.

Should I just call or text Eddie if he could send me the number of the detective, even if it might make him concerned or worried?

Maybe I should and I'll just tell him that I lost it and I need the number, just incase.

I grab my phone and try to call Eddie.

First ring...

Second ring...

Third ring...

"Hello?" He spoke.

It's good to hear his voice again.

"Hey Eddie, I'm sorry for calling you this early. Did I wake you?"

"No, no, not at all. Are you okay from last night by the way?"

"Sort of... I'm not sure. You?"

"Not really but I managed to get some sleep."

"That's good. Anyways, I'm calling because I think I lost the business card of the detective from last night. Could you send me the number and his name please?"  

"Okay sure, I'll send it to you. By the way, I found Heather last night and we went home together last night so she's fine. Did you get her text?" 

"Yeah, and thank you. Look, I gotta go and maybe I'll get some more rest. You need some more rest too." 

"Okay, call me if you need anything." 

"Yeah, thanks. Bye Eddie."

"Bye Ro."

I ended the call and put my phone down.

I let out a yawn and I decided to get more sleep as well. I'm too tired and lazy to change so I drop my blazer before I lay down.

I look up at the ceiling and I started drifting off.

How long has it been? I open my eyes and I quickly grab my phone and check the time.

It's almost 1 in the afternoon.

My stomach started to growl all of the sudden. I haven't eaten anything.

But I don't want to get out of my room.

Steven is still out there. Or is he still inside the house or his room? Or is he outside?

I could just not eat until Mom and Mr. Anderson and Toby are home.

I decided to check if I have some little food inside my backpack.

Getting myself out of the bed, I grab my backpack from my study table.

I started looking for food in each pocket and I heard a sound of something like plastic, like a food wrapper.

Please let it be food, please let it be food.

Closing my eyes, I pull it out and I open my eyes again. It's a granola bar and it's not opened yet.

Finally, I can eat something.

I remove the granola bar from the wrapper and I started eating it.

All of the sudden, I started to hear something coming from my door. I turn around and there's nothing.

I locked the door.

But a piece of paper caught my eye.

I finished the last bit of my granola bar, walk towards my door and pick up the piece of paper and it says;

'You know you can't stay in there forever. Soon you'll give in and walk out of that room.'

I let out a frustrated sigh and I crumple the paper before throwing it aside on the floor and I buried my face in my hands.

"Aurora."

I flinched. He's been outside of my door, listening.

"Aurora, come on. You can't lock yourself in there forever. You'll probably won't even last another 1 or 2 minutes in there. It's that simple - unlock the door, get out of there and let's spend some time together. Don't be a little brat." He said, loud enough for me to hear.

"Fuck you." I mumbled.

"Then why don't you come out of the room and fuck me, you little brat?" He said and I cover my mouth with both hands.

He punches the door before I can hear him moving away from the door, leaving.

He's gone.

I walk over to my bed and I lay down, looking at the ceiling.

Even though it's just gonna be a couple of hours, but Steven said that my Mom and Mr. Anderson won't be home until midnight.

I'll starve but I know I could just put up with it until the next morning.

Wait... but what if he's lying? What if he was just saying that, tricking me to stay in here cause he knows that I'll give in and walk out of my room so he'll get what he wants?

I grab my phone and started calling Mom.

Just as soon as I could call Mom, my phone died.

Shit, I need to charge it.

I started looking for my charger but I couldn't find it.

I must have misplaced it.

After searching for it everywhere in my room, I still couldn't find my charger.

Then it hit me.

Steven must have stolen it while I wasn't around or while I was still sleeping in his room earlier.

I'll try messaging my Mom on my laptop. I grab my laptop bag but it felt light.

My heart dropped.

He took my laptop too! He must have thought this through cause he knows that my phone battery was low and if my phone dies, I could message my Mom with my laptop so he took my charger and my laptop.

I can't charge my phone and I can't message my Mom using the laptop.

What other choice do I have?

I really need to call my Mom.

I tried to think of something but I always find myself looking at the door.

There's only one way - get my charger and my laptop.

Steven is probably still in his room.

I'll wait. I'll wait for a few minutes then I'll get out of the room, quickly look for my charger and laptop, go back in here, charge my phone and either call my Mom through phone or laptop.

How long should I wait though?

5 or 10 minutes. I'll wait for 10 minutes then I'll get out and get my stuff back.

10 minutes it is then.

What should I do, waiting for 10 minutes?

I'll do whatever I can in order to make 10 minutes go by faster.

10 minutes have passed, now it's time.

I took a deep breath as I walk over to the door and unlock it. I slowly open the door and I got a glimpse of Steven going down the stairs. As soon as I can hear his footsteps fading, I walk out of my room and head back to his room. The door is slightly open so I just quietly push the door and let myself in.

I start looking through his desks, side tables, and drawer after drawer... nothing. I close the last of the drawers and I look around his room some more.

While searching, I made sure to not make a mess or else, he'll know.

My eyes scan around the room and they landed on his bed.

I get down on my knees and I lift up the blanket. I look down before stretching my arm out and use it to start looking for my charger and laptop.

Nothing. It's no use.

Where did he put them?

I let out a sigh and I quickly get off the floor and quickly head back to my room.

But I stopped all of the sudden. A thick rope caught my eye. And it just leads straight to the attic.

I hesitated at first, but then I reach my hand out and slowly tug and pull the rope as the attic door opens and the stairs slowly go down and it landed, making a soft thud.

I take a deep breath before I start to climb up the stairs. One more step and I finally reached the attic. The first thing I spotted was a computer, a rocking chair, and an old closet.

The attic was like those in many dwellings in the neighborhood in that it was tall and fully boarded.  The windows had thick panes, the walls and floors were built of heavy timber, and silenced reigned there.

As I take a few steps, creaks of the floor echoed throughout the room. I walk over to the desk, look at the computer screen and my eyes widen... he's been watching me this entire time... I discovered a panel of my bedroom which gives me the chills.

My charger and laptop are not here.

I look around and I walked over to the closet. I open the closet and I spotted my charger and my laptop.

I knew it.

I grab them and close the closet.

There's a picture taped to the other closet door that caught my eye.

As I walk closer to the closet, I get a good look at the picture. It was a sonogram and I could never be shocked in my entire life.

There's not only one... but two babies in that picture which means...

Steven is not the only one.

But where's the other sibling? This is more fucked up than ever.

I look to the other side of the room, which is just beside the closet and there seems to be something underneath the white cloth which was on a rocking chair. I slowly reach my hand, tugging on the white cloth, and pull it.

Once the cloth is completely removed,  I gasp and scream in shock and terror. It's a skeleton!

I take a few steps back but ended up bumping into the table, dropping my things and they slide in opposite directions but there are still close together.

"Well, well, well..." I flinch as soon as I heard that voice, I can feel myself shaking in fear.

"Have you been a bad girl today, Aurora?" I look up and he's walking towards me. So, I step away from the desk and move to the other side in order to grab my things and head out of here as quickly as I can. But before I get the chance to move away from him, he immediately grabs my wrist and twists it.

"Ow! Steven, that hurts! Let go!" I shouted but he just let out a chuckle. A psychotic chuckle.

"I've seen you've met someone. Oh well, now it's time for your punishment."

Oh no... I tried to kick him in any way I could but he dodged every hit. I look down before using my leg to kick his crotch. I lift my leg and kick him right at the spot.

 He screams and fell to the ground.

"Ahh! You fucking bitch!" He screams and I grab my chance to get out of here.

However, I felt both of his hands tugging on my leg and it made me lose my balance and then he pulled me down and I found myself lying on the ground. Now, Steven is on top of me.

"How about we'll do the punishment here while that thing, also known as my late Mother, is watching. I don't mind. " He said sadistically. 

He slowly leans forward while I tilt my head left and right and then I saw a lamp that seems to be broken not far from me.

I stretch out my arm and reach out for the chord and pull it as hard as I can. Luckily, I used all of my strength and I grab the lamp. As soon as Steven's face got closer, I hit his head with the lamp and he screams once again and fell to the side.

I quickly get up, grab my things from the floor and climb down the stairs. I run to my room but then Steven caught up to me really fast and pull my hair hard, which made me stop my tracks, drop my things and wrap his arms around me.

"Now you're being a little bitch. Looks like your punishment is going to be rough." He then licks my earlobe and I yelp.

While his arms still wrapped around me, he drags me to his bedroom. He quickly closes the door and locks it.

He then punches my stomach before he plops me into the bed and he climbs himself on top of me and starts unzipping his pants.

__

He gets off of me and zips up his pants. I was just there laying on my side and tears starts to fall from my eyes.

He brushes some of my hair and tucks them behind my ear. I can feel his breathing closer and closer which sends chills down to my spine.

"Now... have you learn your lesson yet? For every single time you disobey me again, things will get rougher and messed up. " He whispered. "I mean it."

I just clench my teeth, close my eyes and continue crying. Every part of my body aches.

"Oh, and by the way, I really got you, didn't I? That skeleton wasn't even my Mother. I lied. That was just a Halloween prop. You should have seen the look on your face." He starts laughing and I cry even harder.

"Mom just texted me and I need to pick up Toby soon. Sleep well, little sis." He said before heading out of his room.

'I'm so sick of this... And now, I can feel the darkness crawling back to me. '

Edited on: 09/21/2021

Updated on: 05/30/2023

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

253K 3.3K 36
'Dominic Carson'. The man you would never wish to cross paths with. The name which can make you regret the day you were born. He is a walking nightma...
102K 4.2K 20
I limped towards the kitchen after sending him an email, that I'm on leave today. I couldn't even able to walk properly as I was feeling sore down th...
14K 361 34
Featured on @NA in It's Always the Butler|| Mystery + Thriller + Horror Wattpad's official reading list.✨ Featured on @StoriesUndiscovered on the 04...
616K 30K 54
↳ ❝ [ シスコン ] ❞ ━ yandere step brothers x fem! reader β”• 𝐈𝐧 𝐰𝐑𝐒𝐜𝐑, a girl moves with her mother to her stepfather's home, ...