Godzilla The Series: His Bond...

Par Szarinasumalpong

"What you see is not always what it seems" My father always looked at things in a different way even the scar... Plus

The Meeting
To Take Care An Over-sized Reptile
New Family (Part 1)
New Family (Part 2)
Talkin' Trash
D.O.A
Cat and Mouse
What Dreams May Come
Leviathan
Hive
Birds of Paradise
Freeze
DeadLoch
Competition
Bug Out
Monster Wars (Part 1)
Monster Wars (Part 2)
Monster Wars (Part 3)
Web Site
An Early Frost
Trust No One
Juggernaut
Future Shock

The Winter of Our Discontent

1.7K 18 32
Par Szarinasumalpong

A loud sound woke Cordula up before tried to go back to sleep by covering her head with a pillow but to o avail. Honestly, she could take whatever mutation comes in her way with the team but she could not stand Mendel's excessive work on using Godzilla's calling roar. 

Oh..Mendel you are so going to get a lecture out of me concerning sleep policy.

Just as Cordula opened up her phone, her father's startled voice screamed down below their newly built home just near the sea after some explaining from her and her sudden desire to be near.

"What's with all of that noise?! And is that Godzilla?!"

Confused, Cordula opened up the blinds to see Godzilla eating another warehouse full of fish but this time, the fishes were on display as if somebody wanted him to come there.

A thousand lights then flashed right in front of her eyes and she screamed when they blinded her. Godzilla's roar went ringing into her ears as she tried to clear her vision. She heard footsteps running up to her room and saw her father closing the blinds.

"Get My Coat!"

***

Cordula ran as fast as her legs could take her towards Godzilla who suddenly collapsed with those blue robots flying around him. All of a sudden, they made a dive in a tactical formation as they advanced towards an unconscious Godzilla.

"Godzilla Wake Up! Please Get Up!" Cordula screamed when she saw from the corner of her eye the Heat Seeker. When Godzilla heard her voice filled with desperation, he snapped his eyes wide open and stood up, roaring as he fired an Atomic Breath at the attackers.

Cordula managed to get to him and started her climb to the top of his head, all the while hanging on with all her might. She reached on top before she hissed when the lights hit her and possibly Godzilla in the eye.

"Back to the water Godzilla!" 

Cordula screamed but his constant roaring prevented him from hearing her and not even her soothing tones work. What was going on with Godzilla and who made those robots to attack him?

"Godzilla! Go Back! Back in the water!" The sound of Nick's voice made her sigh with relief when Godzilla started moving back but then those robots began circling around him. Cordula hung on as Godzilla took down one with a sharp swipe of his claws.

A loud noise made her turn her head around to see the shadow of a large boat just beside the Heat Seeker "Do not interfere, you are trespassing on private property!" The sound of the man's voice in the megaphone pissed Cordula before she felt Godzilla jump up to chomp down the remaining and irritating robots before he headed back to finishing his meal.

Cordula slid down and landed in a pile of fish. She sprang up and spat out the fish residue inside her mouth "Why is it I always kiss a fish when I am with you?" Cordula asked and Godzilla made a crooning purr at her before he went back to his meal.

Cordula slowly got herself out of the fish pile before she looked around. Where was she? All of a sudden she heard Godzilla roar out and sharply turned around to see him shaking his head and making erratic movements.

"Godzilla? What's wrong?" 

She jumped when he turned to look at her and gave a furious roar before he dove back to the sea. She narrowed her eyes before she heard someone coming and quickly made a hasty retreat before anyone could spot her.

She needed to regroup with the team.

***

"Its a wild animal Nick, how long before it turns on you!" Cameron's voice echoed inside Nick's head and he grimaced as he and the rest of the team left. As they headed back to headquarters in the Heat Seeker, Nick pulled up his phone and contacted Cordula.

"Nick?"

"Meet us back to base, we've got a long discussion concerning a fellow college mate of mine"

"No kidding, I saw. Nick, there's something wrong with Godzilla it almost felt like as if something or someone wanted him to act that way and it wasn't like him. Also, I am not too trusting on whoever is owning that warehouse. Who gives Godzilla free food? And those signal beacons that I heard, it definitely might belong to the same person owning that warehouse. How else do you think Godzilla found that place?"

"I'll think about what you just told me. I'll see you soon" He ended the call and sighed with relief. At least one of his teammates don't trust easily simply because of society status.

***

Cordula waited until she heard the team coming "That greasy little weasel tries to mess with Godzilla's brain and then acts like he's doing me a favor" Nick's angered tone caused Cordula to be suspicious of what had happened "Nick, what happened?" Nick turned to her and explained.

"Cameron Winter, a college mate of mine, tried to control Godzilla by using a neural stimulator into his brain" Cordula fumed "Where is he? I'll give him a big fat punch in the face if he ever dares to-" Elsie interrupted her.

"I hate to say it Nick but Winter had a point" Elsie said "In the long run, it might even be the most humane solution?" The questionable tone did not go unnoticed by Cordula "Yeah, maybe we should shove a neural stimulator in your brain" Randy said as he poked Mendel's chest "Mendel, Elsie you do realize that Godzilla is still growing and learning. He doesn't need a neural stimulator to know what is right and wrong. Its who showed him what's right and wrong" Cordula explained.

She couldn't believe that two of her teammates would choose a guy they just met!

"Sh!" Monique suddenly shushed harshly and all noises stopped when footsteps walked towards the entrance door. Monique quickly took the back entrance and snuck a peek to see a man holding a folder and looking at the door with uncertainty.

When his back was completely turned, Monique dashed up to him and managed to pin the man down "Hey!" The man winced as Monique he;d him down "Who sent you? Talk" She asked coldly and sharply like the blade of a knife "I'm from the Norfolk County Community College" The man answered back.

"It's okay!" Monique heard Randy scream as everyone piled out and headed towards them "I know him, oh I'm really sorry man" Randy said as he helped the man up once Monique released him "He's cool, he's just my...academic adviser" Randy said.

Mendel blinked in shock "I thought he went to Empire State Tech" Mendel commented "Yeah" Nick gave Randy a confused look "Randy is there something you're not telling-" Randy cut Cordula off with a harsh reply.

"I was booted out, okay?" Randy and Elsie gave him shocked looks and so did the rest of the team with the exception of Monique who merely raised a brow.

***

"Delinquent on Class assignments, attendance has been spotty at best" The adviser kept on saying whatever was written on that brown folder "He's been looking out for the environment with my organization" Nick defended him.

"Listen it really isn't my decision" The adviser said a she closed the folder "It's a waste of my time anyway I can ace any of your exams in my sleep" The adviser gave Randy a stern look "Look I know you think you're slumming it in a lowly community college_" A loud roar came from the outside, startling the people inside.

"What was that?" The adviser asked as he looked around. Outside, Cordula shot up from her seat in the docks to see Godzilla surface up and roar in anger and swished his head around before he dove back down.

Godzilla what's wrong?

"Godzilla!" 

Cordula screamed as she waved her arms around, tying in vain to get his attention but to no avail. Her eyes narrowed she saw his eyes closed as he thrashed around and roared. Nick and the others came racing out "What's his problem?" Randy asked.

"Elsie answered back" Nick saw Cordula and ran up to her "Nick, something's wrong! I can't get him to stop!" She screamed "Stop! Go back! Back in the water!" Cordula gasped when she saw Godzilla prepare to release his Atomic Breath

At Them!

Somebody pushed her and Nick towards the water just as soon as Godzilla released his Atomic Breath. Cordula gasped a she surfaced up the water and coughed before she gazed up at Godzilla who immediately dove underwater.

Elsie pulled her up while Randy assisted in helping Monique and Nick "Somebody wanna tell me what that was?" Elsie asked as she looked at Nick and Monique "A wake-up call" Monique answered. Cordula merely looked back into the water with a worried look.

***

The sound was gone but so was probably his father and female's trust on him!

He roared in anger inside his den before letting out a mourning cry when he watched again from his memories the worried looks his father and his female were giving him just before he almost killed them.

Didn't they hear that awful sound? 

***

Cordula yawned as she started to head home when she noticed Randy talking to someone in the phone "Okay...I'll meet you there in the morning" That was all she heard before Randy ended the call "Going somewhere Randy?" Cordula asked and Randy turned sharply at her with wide eyes.

"Oh..yeah! Just some school stuff I need to take care with "You know...you don't have to hide the truth about you being booted out, we're your friends and we always trust each other" She saw Randy wince from the corner of her eye before he nodded.

"Yeah..."

***

Cordula woke up early in the morning feeling like she hadn't slept at all as she stretched her limbs and groaned appreciatively when they made a nice crack. The smell of breakfast made her rush downstairs to see her father making sunny-side ups "Morning kiddo, after that last fiasco that night did you sleep well?" Joe asked and Cordula shook her head.

"I can't seem to get something right dad, Godzilla can't just attack Nick and I without any reason" Joe looked at Cordula sadly "He's an animal Cordula, they mostly rely on instinct and you did say Godzilla was intelligent right? Maybe he figured out he was different from the rest of you" Cordula looked down at her plate.

"Maybe.." She mumbled "Though I am confused on why he suddenly turned his back on you and that Tatopoulos guy" Cordula gave him a confused look "What do you mean?" Joe grabbed a book about animals in a nearby table and began skimming over the book.

"Usually, when you said that Godzilla imprinted on Tatopoulos because he thought Tatopoulos is his father, it is a natural instinct for a baby to be near his/her own parent and possibly becomes protective especially when he realizes his father is shorter than him and there are bigger threats"

Cordula looked at her father who gave her a worried look "I don't know why but for the past few times you said to me Godzilla always saved you and the team when in peril yet now he is acting like this...There is something wrong we are not seeing just in the surface. When did Godzilla exactly started to become like this?" COrdula pondered and wracked her brain for an answer.

She snapped her fingers "The Warehouse!" She said. Joe gave her a confused look "I'm sorry honey but what does a warehouse got to do with-" Cordula cut him off as she began to talk excitedly "When I got to Godzilla he was eating a pile of fish that was handed down to him and then there were some robots flying around mostly in his head almost as if they were trying to plant something in it!" Cordula gasped.

"It was a set-up for Godzilla to come out of his den and while he was distracted, they must have placed something on his head!"

"That could be the answer" Joe said before Cordula began running back to her room to change her clothes "I must tell the team right away!" Joe coughed as he raised a brow in front of the door that was separating him and and his daughter.

"Young lady today is a Monday, pack your bags for school and go visit the team tonight. They're not going to disappear!"

There was a thump in the room before a groan of despair "Why now did  it have to be in a school day?!"

***

Cordula never ran so fast in her life out of the school just as the bell rang for dismissal "Watch it fish girl!" Someone yelled but she barely made any apology as she raced out of the school gate and hailed a taxi.

"Where to ma'am?" 

"H.E.A.T Headquarters and fast!"

***

Cordula payed the driver a tip before she began sprinting to the gate but not before she almost crashed into Randy riding his motorbike "Randy?! Where are you going?" Cordula called out but Randy was already too far ahead to even hear her.

Cordula turned and quickly went inside just in time to hear a roar. She went into the docks to see the rest of the team looking at Godzilla who was slowly advancing towards the city "It's not behavior Modification" Nick said with his eyes on the binoculars before he handed them to Elsie.

"Involuntary Motor Control?!"

"Nick! Godzilla is-" Cordula opened her mouth to speak but Nick cut her off "Just like a big puppet and guess who's pulling the strings" Nick said as he turned back and walked pass by a stunned Cordula. Her gaze swept over to the team then at Godzilla's disappearing form.

I was too late to tell them.

***

Elsie, Mendel and Cordula boarded on the Heat Seeker and Elsie began to hit full throttle as they began to catch up to Godzilla "Hey! You wanna stay outside the lake? Whoa!" Mendel gasped when he felt himself fall from all the shaking and landed on a chair.

He turned back on the monitors "Come on N.I.G.E.L, just one quick ear exam and we all go home" Mendel pleaded as N.I.G.E.L slowly approached Godzilla "Subject Acquired. Approaching Target Area" Cordula leaned on Mendel's shoulder from behind as she watched the video feed from NI.G.E.L and gasped when she heard Godzilla's pained cries broadcast-ed before N.I.G.E.L got shaken off.

"No...N.I.G.E.L" Mendel whispered "I think N.I.G.E.L's the least of our problems" Elsie said as she stared ahead to see Godzilla now attacking a military operative base "What's he doing at a military base?" Mendel asked "Maybe he's just a little clumsy?" Elsie asked uncertain if that was the right answer.

"Or maybe he's declaring war on the United States Army" Mendel said

"He's being controlled" Cordula cursed "Remember what Nick said, when did Godzilla started to become like this? It was after you guys met Cameron Winter" Elsie and Mendel loked at each other before the three gasped when missiles that missed Godzilla started to head towards them "You think we overstayed our welcome?" Mendel asked hesitantly "You read my mind" Elsie said as she backed the boat just in time before the missiles dived down right from the spot where they originally were.

"Godzila!" Cordula screamed when one of the missiles managed to hit Godzilla on the head and managed to knock him down "We are sitting ducks here until Nick and Monique do something!" Cordula cursed before she heard her phone ringing.

"Hello?" She asked before a familiar voice reached her ears "Cordula are you in the H.E.A.T Seeker?" Cordula blinked "Randy? Wh-Wha-Why are you calling? When Nick said-" Randy interrupted her sentence.

"I managed to hack into the cyber flies and one is coming to get you. You'll be sent to Godzilla, there's neural stimulaor locked on one of his ears" Cordula nodded "Alright, I'm on my way up" She ended the call and turned to Elsie and Mendel who had confused looks on their faces.

"I've got a pick up coming for me" Her head shot up to see one cyber fly heading towards their direction "It's one of those cyber flies" Mendel gasped and Cordula ran up to the railings "You cn't possibly-' Mendel didn't finish his sentence when Cordula literally jumped on top of the cyber fly and began flying up to Godzilla.

"The girl has guts..."

Elsie commented before grinning.

***

"Hold on Godzilla!"

Cordula screamed as she held on for dear life on the cyber fly as it flew along with the other cyber flies towards Godzilla "Randy, if you can hear me I am not going to try this again!" Cordula gulped as she slowly approached Godzilla who was already on the water.

Nick and Monique must have destroyed the console but it is not over yet.

She watched as the cyber fly she was riding on was about to aim in Godzilla's ear where there seemed to be a small device on Godzilla's neck "This is for Godzilla!" She steadied the cyber fly before it fired and the strike aimed true as the cyber fly's sting of electricity managed to hit the stimulator and Cordula watched as it fell off.

Cordula jumped on top of Godzilla's head as Godzilla let out a roar and Cordula waited until he got full control of his body "Easy there big guy, you've been through a lot" Cordula cooed as she rubbed his head wherever she can reach right now.

Godzillalet out a rumbled coo in response, glad he was back and the ringing stopped. Cordula gasped when she saw F-18 Airstrike launch their missiles at them. Can they not see she is here with Godzilla?!

Right, a human's eye can't make out a single human so far away.

Cordla cursed before she watched as the cyber flies suddenly flew up and crashed into the missiles and they all exploded "Go back into the water before they send out reinforcements!" Cordula called out as she made a dive straight to the the sea and came back up to see Godzilla looking down at her.

"I'll be fine boy. Now Go!" She watched with a small smile as Godzilla obeyed but not before giving out one last cooing rumble as he looked back before he dove off to the safety in the depths of the sea. 

The Heat Seeker headed to her direction before a life preserver was thrown at her "Glad to see you still kicking" Elsie called out to her and Cordula let out a sigh before she gasped when N.I.G.E.L resurfaced, intact.

Now that's new.

"N.I.G.E.L, you're alive" Mendel gasped with relief which went down when N.I.G.E.L let out a small noise that would have been considered in humans standards as a groan in pain before N.I.G.E.L sank back to the bottom of the sea.

"Oh..."

Mendel sighed and Elsie placed a comforting hand on his shoulder "Can you guys just help me up before you mourn over N.I.G.E.L please, it's getting cold out here" Cordula pleaded.

***

"Achoo!"

"And this is why I told you no swimming at night for you" Joe said as he read the thermometer and nodded. Cordula shivered as she blew her nose and looked sheepishly at dad "Please don't tell me you called in Aunt Jane for her-" Cordula was cut off when the door to her room burst open and the assault of a very familiar yet very disgusting scent made Cordula feel green.

"Well if it isn't my favorite niece!" Jane Davis smiled as she pelted Cordula with kisses before she handed Cordula a steaming hot broth "I got my favorite soup cure for those little boo-boos just for you" Jane cooed as she pinched Cordula's delightfully red shaded cheek.

Cordula groaned and wished she cold have just drowned while her father grinned in the background.

Continuer la Lecture

Vous Aimerez Aussi

900 44 14
"Wait, wait, wait. So you are telling me that...that 120 foot dragon lizard looking thing is your so called daddy??" She looked at Duncan Rosenblatt...
36.3K 469 47
Kaiju's have lived on planet Earth long before the day of the dinosaurs. The Kaiju's have lived near the core of the planet for their food, radiation...
4.2K 186 19
He sometimes dreamed of becoming Godzilla, but those were only dreams. Now, he slowly regrets it. Also, why does he look like a moth? P.S It is sort...
14.8K 421 48
Have you ever looked at something and think: 'How different everything was back in the day...' Of course, you had. The news headlines about newly dis...