Science Doesn't Explain

By liza_writes_

PREVIOUSLY TITLED "Unimaginable" Don't hate me for changing it and then changing it back I can't come up with... More

One: First Assignment
Two: Heartache
Three: Walk You Home
Four: DEO Blues
Five: Coffee
Six: Winn Schott, Lifesaver
Seven: A Luthor and a Drink
Eight: Supergirl Drunk
Nine: Visits
Ten: Lena on Drugs
Eleven: Purity
Twelve: Casual Intimacy
Thirteen: Dinners
Fifteen: Fall Apart
Seventeen: Gone
Eighteen: Lex Luthor
Nineteen: Gone Girls
Twenty: Promise
UPDATE!!!

Sixteen: Game Night

3.7K 132 19
By liza_writes_

After the dream, the two fell into a simple routine. The couple went to work, then ate lunch in Kara's office, and ended the day with dinner in Lena's office. Finally, both Kara and Lena retired to their own night jobs, Kara fighting crime quicker than ever, and Lena building through the night. It was easy, comfortable. Kara was miserable. Seeing Lena twice every day for a chaste kiss, a meal, and a goodbye wasn't enough anymore.

"Hey, babe." Lena chimed, setting a takeout box in front of her girlfriend with a smile. She leaned over the desk and pressed a quick kiss to Kara's lips, as usual.

"Hey." Kara pulled Lena in again, lengthening the kiss. "I've missed you."

"We see each other every day, love." Lena chuckled, plopping into her favorite of Kara's chairs.

Kara smiled, rolling her chair to Lena's side. (She loved her new rolling chair.) "Yeah, but we don't talk, and I don't get to hold you."

"Well, then we'll grant your wish, Supergirl." Lena teased, moving from her chair to Kara's lap. "Is this what you missed?"

"And game nights. Speaking of which, we're having another tonight if you want to come." Kara's sly smirk made Lena laugh, allowing her head to fall against Kara's shoulder.

"Of course I'll come, dork."

"Really?"

"Yeah, Alex doesn't want to kill me, Sam doesn't want to kill you, and I'm sure I can handle Winn and James. I love game night." Lena smiled, placing a kiss on Kara's lips.

"Yay! Game night!"
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
Kara, Alex, and Sam relaxed in Kara's kitchen, Kara on a stool, Sam on the counter, and Alex standing between her wife's legs, leaning against the counter. The snacks were made, the liquor was out, and the games were piled on the coffee table. With nothing left to do, the three had returned to the kitchen for some wine and girl talk.

"How's school been going?" Kara asked. Alex's eyes lit up when Kara directed the conversation towards Ruby.

"It's going great! Ruby loves it. She's been making friends, and she's already reading some. When we dropped her off the other day for the first time, she just gave me a hug goodbye and went to play." Alex was excited, proud. Kara loved how happy Sam and Ruby made her.

"And she's still just as spoiled." Sam messed up Alex's hair with a smirk, earning a small shriek from the agent.

"Not the hair!" Alex squealed. Kara giggled as the pair settled down, Sam fixing Alex's hair while she rolled her eyes.

"You're like a cat." She mumbled. Alex stuck her tongue out at her wife playfully, then smiled.

"So, how's it going with Lena? How's the sex?" Alex asked.

"Alex!" Kara scrunched her nose, covering her bright red face with her hands.

"What? You obviously slept together." Alex tilted her glass toward her little sister.

"Good, great, change the subject," Kara muttered.

"How's everything else?" Alex sighed, pretending to be disappointed by the lack of detail.

"Everything else is good," Kara shrugged. "She brings me potstickers."

"The way to your heart." Alex nodded. Kara rolled her eyes, the front door swinging open at that moment.

"Hey, it was unlocked, so I just..." Lena chimed.

"Hi. Come on in. Take off your shoes, though. No heels allowed." Kara announced, holding out her wine glass.

"Am I early?" Lena asked, placing a kiss on Kara's lips as she took the glass. Kara shook her head, pouring herself a new drink as Lena sipped at her own.

"Just on time. We were talking about you. Alex wants details about the sex." Kara smirked at her sister.

"It's great, that's all I'm saying." Lena chuckled.

"Thank goodness." Alex sighed, placing a hand on her heart. She had known Kara would just squirm, but Lena was a whole nother story.

"Don't ask questions you don't want answers to." Kara teased, wrapping her arms around Lena's waist.

"Kara, where would you like the booze? Hello, Alex, Sam." A man called.

"Counter, thanks, J'onn." Kara pointed at the array of bottles on the new kitchen counter lazily.

"You did not tell me your alien boss-father-friend-man was going to be here!" Lena hissed in Kara's ear.

"My boss-father-friend-man's name is J'onn, and I invited him after I invited you," Kara whispered back.

Winn and James entered the apartment, their arms full of food. They dumped their bags on the counter, then hugged Kara. Lena kept her fingers entangled with Kara's through the greetings, smiling through the nerves that ate at the pit of her stomach. When everyone had drinks, pizza, and/or potstickers, the group moved to the couch. Lena remained by Kara's side, arms wrapped around the superhero's waist while they fought over which game to play.

"No, Lena always wins at monopoly!" Alex whined.

"That's because I know how to run a company. Besides, you always win Clue, Agent Danvers." Lena smirked, tilting her head to one side as another game was suggested. Finally, they settled upon charades, on only one condition.

"Alex and Sam have to be on separate teams. They always win together with their marital telepathy." Winn insisted.

"What? No, we don't!" Sam pouted. "We don't right?" She turned to Alex, who shrugged.

"We do, babe." Alex smiled, placing a kiss on Sam's lips before moving to the other couch.

"If we have to split up, so does supercorp," Sam announced.

"No, she's warm!" Lena whined, nuzzling into Kara's side.

"Supercorp?" Kara seemed utterly baffled. It was adorable, in Lena's opinion. (But she was a little biased.)

"Supercorp is your ship name. Supergirl and Lena Luthor, CEO of L-Corp. Supercorp." Winn explained. Kara nodded, her eyebrows stitched together.

"They put your superhero name with my company name and gave our relationship a name, love." Lena chimed in, placing a kiss to Kara's cheek.

"Oh. Well, we're not moving. You heard the woman. I'm warm." Kara announced. Lena giggled, closing her eyes as she held Kara close.

"Oh, just leave 'em. Luthor's going to fall asleep anyway, which evens out our numbers." Winn sighed. Lena smiled against Kara's neck, holding up her middle finger. The group burst into laughter and Lena repositioned herself so that she could see.

The game ended up being more fun than Lena expected, and Kara was adorably awful at it. The other side still lost, though by a meager one point. They decided on Monopoly next, convincing Alex by joining teams. Lena was paired with Kara, who couldn't even balance a checkbook (despite her advanced algebra skills), Alex got Sam, master CFO, James, and Winn joined forces, and J'onn decided to go it alone, though he knew he had no chance. Lena had to explain her every move to Kara, but by the end of the game, they managed to take the lead, beating Sam and Alex, who took second place. James and Winn took third, and J'onn lost miserably.

Lena was amazed at how accepting the 'Superfriends' were. Winn was bubbly and hilarious, he had Lena laughing within minutes of his arrival. James, though protective of Kara was sweet (a dick at times, but still, sweet) and Lena could tell he was trying to make her feel welcome, even if it was just for Kara. J'onn was...J'onn. Lena had never had a real father, but she imagined this is what he would be like. Kind, caring, and funny, he'd managed to win her over quickly. They had turned a blind eye to Kara and Lena's never-ending physical affection, though they'd teased Kara a bit, and they never once mentioned her last name.

Kara's head shot up, completely disregarding their game of Uno. She slammed her cards down (face down, so that they could resume later) and stood, sighing. She shot Lena an apologetic look, mouthing a 'sorry' before she removed her hair from its ponytail.

"Up, up, and away?" Lena asked.

"Yeah." Kara strode toward the window, ripping off her button-up.

"Babe, you're not wearing your..." Lena shouted, motioning to Kara's upper half, which was now only covered with a black lace bra. Kara's eyes widened as she darted behind the curtain that separated her 'bedroom' (basically just her bed, closet, and dresser) from the rest of the apartment.

"Lee, can you come and zip me?" Kara called, having shut the curtains and pulled on her suit in record-breaking time. Lena rolled her eyes, knowing perfectly well that Kara could zip herself. The woman was insanely flexible.

"Yes, dear." She replied, an amused smirk on her lips. She set down her cards and slipped into Kara's room.

"Thank you." Kara sighed, her posture automatically perfecting itself. "Can you hand me my cape?"

"You obviously thought you were getting lucky tonight." Lena teased, helping Kara clip the cape onto her shoulders.

"Was I not?" Kara smiled, shooting Lena a knowing look.

"Kara, of course you were. You still are, if you make it back in time." Lena laughed, placing a chaste kiss to Kara's lips.

"Trust me, baby, I will."

"Promise you'll come back to me?" Lena pressed her forehead to Kara's, her fingers tangling in Kara's hair.

"I swear." Kara pressed her lips to Lena's, sealing the promise with a kiss.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

14.8K 870 11
After years of people seeing Lena Luthor look like anybody but herself, she had finally met the person who saw her for well... her. She'd been comple...
132K 3.2K 39
Never before she felt like this, felt safe in someone's arms. She didn't understand what these feelings meant for her. What it meant for them. Lena...
14.8K 648 20
I'm not good at description but here we go Lena have been pushing Kara away because she lied to her she's Supergirl.Alex convinces Kara lena needs s...
879K 26.5K 27
Kara and Lena fanfic in which Kara is obviously bisexual and Lena is gay and in love. Finished! :-) SEQUEL- A Danvers and a Luthor