On the Ice (Rewriting)

By Fanfam3768

Cover by @pasteltragedies!! Its more than just skating. Kenna Foster is a 16 year old who had just moved from... More

Part 1
Part 2
Part 3
Part 4
Part 5
Part 6
Part 7
Part 8
Authors Notice
Part 9
Thanks!
Part 10
The Characters
Part 11
Part 12
Part 13
Part 14
Part 15
Part 16
Part 17
Part 18
Part 19
Part 20
Part 21
Part 22
Part 24
Part 25
Part 26
Part 27
Part 28
Part 29
Part 30
Part 31
Part 32
Part 33
Part 34
Part 35
Part 36
Part 37
Part 38
Part 39
Part 40
Part 41
Part 42
Part 43
Part 44
Part 45
Part 46
Part 47
Part 48
Part 49
New Book!
Part 50
Part 51
Part 52
Part 53
Part 54
Part 55
Part 56
Part 57
Part 58
Part 59
Part 60
Part 61
Part 62
Part 63
Part 64
Part 65
Part 66
Part 67
Announcement
Vote
Announcement #2
Thank You Mahgadahling!
Plan For The Sequel
News that you should know. (Sequel? Other books?Other news?)

Part 23

2.8K 46 1
By Fanfam3768

I don't answer. I can feel Jayce's brown eyes looking at me, waiting for an answer. Out of all the questions he could've asked he had to ask me that question? I thinking of just telling him what he tells me " Stop asking questions." Or " Maybe one day you'll know." Which the last one was pretty true. One day he will know. Everyone will.

I sigh throwing my head back in a dramatic way then look back at Jayce with a sly grin. " Hey Jayce."

" Hey Kenna."

" Guess what?"

" What?"

" Chicken butt- just kidding the real thing I was going to say was you'll figure it out in time!" I swing my legs back and forth trying to lighten the mood.

" Ha ha very funny." Jayce says sarcastically " But really. Are you alright?"

" Are you really asking me this?"

" Yeah. People are concerned. Even me.....but only a little bit." He says as a joke but it doesn't make me laugh. Not this time.

How can some people be so good at hiding their emotions? Why can't I be like them? See, this is the problem I wanted to avoid, people being concerned and worried  for me. Am I just overreacting? No. Yes?

" Look, Jayce, your the last person I would tell- "

" Then I'll answer a question that you want to know if you answer the question that I want to know."

I roll my eyes but give in " Alright. But you go first. "

" What would you like to know?"

I need to think carefully on this one. There are soany things I want to ask him but I am limited to only one. That's when the question appears and I swear I could see a light bulb light up above my head for a slight second.
I stare into his brown eyes. I used to think they were gray, but now that I can get a closer look they don't look gray, they're a dark chocolate kind of brown.

" Why was your Dad at the hospital and why haven't you reported him yet?"

" Kenna. That's two."

" But it was one sentence, therefore, it was ONE question."

Jayce scoffs and rolls his eyes, but then looks right back at me " He was there because he wanted more drugs. I haven't reported him because my brothers and I would not have anywhere else to go if they got him in jail. There was no way I would let the twins get taken away from me."

" Oh. How old are your brothers?"

" Hey now I already answered two questions."

" For the last time that was- "

" What happened to your dad Kenna?" Jayce interrupts.

I take a deep breath looking away from him for a second and then looking back " I'm not even sure myself. My mother said that he did something that he shouldn't have, but I wish I knew what he did. I mean he could've-"

" He cheated on her." Jayce states as matter as factly.

There was silence for a while, but it wasnt uncomfortable silence, it was more of a saddened silence. Before I realize it, Jayce wipes away a tear from my cheek, but more fell. Out of all the people I could cry in front of I had to cry in front of a guy that broke my nose just awanted couple of weeks ago. Pray for me. Jayce patted my shoulder in a way of comfort but I don't think he was any better at handling this. Me.

After a while I stops crying and Jayce helps me climb down from the tree. I got my hair caught in a bran h and had to gently rip my hair out from its twigs. I think this will be the only time and the last time I will be climbing a tree.

●●●●

On the drive home it was pretty silent. Neither Jayce and I had talked since my emotions so breakdown in the tree. I mean, it did help, but it was still embarrassing especially since it was with a guy I barely hang out with. Kind of.

He pulls up to my house and stops. I unbuckle my seatbelt and say thank you and run towards my house and quickly open and close the door.

" Hey sweetie. Your dad's here to take you to his house."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

4.6M 103K 49
Dakota is just like every other 17 year old high school senior. Or that's what everyone thinks. Everyone sees Dakota as this funny, sarcastic, and...
25.3K 703 46
Alison Hart, Brady Carson, Max Hall, and Julia Evans had grown up together, they had seen each other through thick and thin. When Alison broke her ar...
522K 16.9K 54
Fire and Water. That's what they were. Together they were just whispers of what could have happened and what could have been. Running from a tragic p...
762K 17.2K 40
Kiya's life lacks excitement. However, one day, while she is singing in her dorm bathroom, someone joins in on the other side of the wall. Initially...