Conflicted | K.Mikaelson

By epinksnapback

Emma Gilbert was a normal girl with a normal life. She had plenty of friends and a loving grandmother in Cali... More

The Cast
[1] The Reckoning
[2] Smells Like Teen Spirit
[3] Ordinary People
[4] Homecoming
[5] The New Deal
[6] Our Town
[7] The Ties That Bind
[8] Bringing Out The Dead
[10] All My Children
[11] The Murder Of One
[12] Heart Of Darkness
[13] Do Not Go Gentle
[14] Before Sunset
[15] The Departed
[16] Growing Pains
[17] The Rager
[18] The Five
[19] The Hunter's Sword
[20] We All Go a Little Mad Sometimes
[21] My Brother's Keeper
[22] We'll Always Have Bourbon Street
[23] O Come, All Ye Faithful
[24] After School Special
[25] Catch Me If You Can
[26] A View to a Kill
[27] Into The Wild

[9] Dangerous Liaisons

7.2K 167 104
By epinksnapback

When I got notified by Elena that Alaric was in the hospital, I left the Mikaelson mansion in a sprint. I had taken my heels off and ran barefoot through the woods. Even with sticks cutting my feet every so often, I didn't stop, nor did I slow down.

When I arrived, I quickly ran to where Elena told me she would be. When she saw me, she looked relieved and then concerned. I looked down to where her eyes were and saw all the blood. I didn't care though.

"Emma, why are your feet all bloody?" Elena questioned. "I ran here." is all I said. I gave her a look to let go, she reluctantly agreed, before we walked over to where Alaric's room was. "What happened?" I asked.

"Matt and I came home to find him stabbed, he was laying on the floor, still alive, but barely. And we didn't know if the ambulance would get there in time, so I-" her voice cracked. I looked at her, confused. "You did what, Elena?" I questioned.

"I-I killed him. I'm the doppelgänger, which means I'm supernatural so Ric could come back." she stuttered. I pulled her into a hug, she obviously had a tough decision to make when doing that. But, she saved Alaric's life.

We then walked over to where Matt was standing. "How's Mr. Saltzman?" Matt looked between us. "Resigned to spending the night in observation, so long as I promise to change the lock on the house." Elena flung her bag over her shoulder before walking away with Matt. I followed.

"So I talked with Bonnie earlier. She and her mom are fine." Elena spoke. I furrowed my eyebrows in confusion. "What happened to Bonnie?" my voice was laced with concern. "Bonnie and her mom went unconscious when they opened the coffin. It was really weird." she told me.

"Have you talked to Caroline?" Elena asked me. Again, I had no idea what was going on because I was at the stupid dinner party. "What happened to Caroline?" I pondered, confused. Elena and Matt exchanged nervous glances before turning to me.

"Caroline's dad was attacked by the same killer going around that attack Ric. But, Mr. Forbes had vampire blood in his system, so he went into transition. But, he didn't want to complete it. So Caroline had to watch as her father died." Elena sighed.

"Oh my god. Is she ok?" a tear slipped down my cheek for my friend. "She's holding it together, considering how close she and her dad used to be." Matt said. "Any word on who was behind all these attacks?" Matt questioned. 

"No. Sheriff Forbes said that there's no real suspects at all." Elena replied. We walked past a door, and I thought I saw something move out of the corner of my eye. I turned to look but saw nothing, so I shrugged it off. 

We walked out of the hospital. "How are you dealing with everything? I mean, you keep getting dragged into all this." Elena looked at Matt. "Honestly, I'm kind of lucky. The only thing that I have to worry about for tomorrow is showing up for my shift at the grill." Matt responded.

"Thank you for everything today. Really." Elena nodded. I also looking at Matt gratefully, before putting my arm around Elena. "Get home safe." Matt smiled, before turning to leave. "Thanks." Elena said, before we turned around.

We got to our car, and I started opening the passenger door, letting go of Elena while she tries to find her keys in her bag. I hop in and so does she, shutting both the doors as I see Matt start to pull out. We buckled both of our seatbelts as Elena and I both waved to Matt.

Elena put the keys in the ignition, before starting the car, the engine roaring to life. As we started to pull out, we came to an abrupt stop as Elena hit something. We both gasped, surprised. "What?" Elena, said confused, before getting out of the car and looking for what we hit. I followed, but there was nothing there. 

We exchanged confused looks, before deciding it to get back into the car. As we turned around however, Rebekah was there. Elena gasped in surprise and shock while my eyes only widened. "Drive much?" Rebekah shook her head.

"Rebekah." Elena pleaded before Rebekah put her in a chokehold, slamming her against the car. "Rebekah, stop it!" I shouted. "Surprised? You drove a dagger through my back, Elena. It hurt." Rebekah's face vamped out.

Thinking fast I took one of my hair pins out and stabbed her in the neck with it. She groaned in pain before she turned towards me, angry before Elijah pushed her away from Elena and I. He held her against Elena's car.

"Elijah." Rebekah breathed. "Leave." Elijah removed his hand from his sister's neck. Rebekah didn't make a move to leave, instead stepping closer. "Are you challenging me?" Elijah questioned. "You're pathetic." she stated before turning towards Elena. "Both of you." she added before vamp speeding away.

Elijah then turned to us. "Well... I believe we have a little catching up to do." he stated. Elena and I exchanged looks before turning back to an amused Elijah. "I suppose we do." I replied. 

~

"It was their mother Esther who was sealed in that coffin." I spoke. "As in the original witch?" Stefan questioned. I nodded, confirming it. "What? How is she even alive? I thought her hybrid freak show of a son ripped her heart out a thousand years ago." Damon pondered.

"Damon." I warned. He put his hands up in defense. I just rolled my eyes. "I don't know. I'm guessing she has a couple of connections in the witch community." I replied. I was leaned against my kitchen island as Elena, Stefan, and Damon listened to me.

"Elijah said that she wants to live in peace with her family, including Klaus." I remarked. "She was supposed to be the weapon to help us kill Klaus." Stefan looked over at Damon. "Yeah, well, not anymore." I growled.

"At least, not according to Elijah." Elena stated, looking at me. "That coffin was the only thing stopping Klaus from tearing us to shreds." Stefan frowned. "Anyone else feeling a little used right now?" Damon spoke.

"Look, Elijah promised us that his family wouldn't hurt any of us." I sighed, defending the Mikaelsons. All heads snapped towards the door when the doorbell rang. "I believe him." I pushed myself up from leaning on the kitchen counter walking towards the door, with Elena, Stefan, and Damon following me.

I opened the door to find nothing, leaving me confused until I looked down and saw 2 envelopes, one with a box attached to it. I furrowed my eyebrows in confusion, looking around to see if anyone was there.

The envelope with the box had my name on it, and the other envelope had Elena's name on it. I picked the box up along with the two envelopes and walked inside. Everyone looked at me confused as I just shrugged.

"What is it?" Damon questioned as I handed Elena the envelope with her name on it. I then placed the box down on a ledge we have, before opening up the envelope. "It's an invitation." Elena responded, also opening hers.

"Please join the Mikaelson Family this evening at seven o'clock for dancing, cocktails, and celebration." I read out loud. "Who the hell are the Mikaelson's?" Stefan asked. I rolled my eyes at them. "The Original Family." I answered.

"It's not bad enough they're moving into town. Now they want a housewarming gift?" Damon's voice was laced with sarcasm, as usual. Elena turned her invitation over, revealing a note. "Wait. There's a note on the back." Elena spoke.

Elena, I think it's time we finally meet. Esther

All the attention then turned to me. "Does yours say anything? I mean, you got a box." Stefan questioned. I shrugged before turning my invitation over and finding a note from Klaus on the back. Just seeing this made my heart race.

Save me a dance. Fondly, -Klaus

"Nothing's on it." I lied smoothly. They gave me skeptical looks as I grabbed the box I set on the ledge of my living room, bringing it upstairs and placing it on my desk before heading back down. I was in no mood to be hounded by questions from the Salvatore's. 

~

Earlier at the Mikaelson Family Mansion

Rebekah was getting her nails painted by a servant, Kol and Finn were being fitted for suits, and Elijah was polishing his shoes. Kol was gazing at himself in the mirror, before his attention set on Rebekah. He smirked, before speaking.

"Rebekah, tell me how handsome I am, and how I'll sweep Nik's little girlfriend off her feet tonight." Kol boasted. "Ah Kol, you know I can't be compelled. Besides, Nik would tear your heart out in less then a second if you tried taking Emma from him." Rebekah smirked.

Klaus walked in, irritated. "You went after Elena? What is wrong with you?" Klaus glared. "Here we go." Rebekah rolled her eyes and looked up at her older brother. "Do you want another dagger in your heart?" Klaus threatened.

"Again with the dagger threats? Don't you have any other tricks?" Kol retaliated. "Oh, go back to staring at yourself. And do yourself a favor, stay away from my girl." Klaus growled. "And who are you, my father?" Kol challenged.

"No, Kol, but you're in my house." Klaus walked towards Kol. "Then perhaps we should go outside." Kol stood up, not backing down from Klaus. They had a stare down before Esther walked in, annoyed that her children were fighting.

"Enough! Niklaus, come." Esther ordered, walking away. Klaus took one last look at Kol before walking past him to follow his mother. "Rebekah wasn't even out of her box a day before she tried to ruin my life. What happened to peace, acceptance, family?" Klaus questioned Esther.

Esther turned to face her son. "You put daggers in their hearts. You want them to go down on their knees and kiss your feet for reuniting them?" Esther defended her other children. "So it's a crime to want our family to be as we were?" Klaus countered.

"You need to give it time, Niklaus. I've had a thousand years on the other side to be angry and to heal. I'm here to make sure this family does the same." Esther explained. "I just don't understand. I killed you, and you still forgive me." Klaus spoke.

Esther took a few steps closer to Klaus. "It's been my dream for a thousand years that this family could be as one. Forgiveness is not a chore. It's a gift." Esther smiled at Klaus, causing him to give a small smile that only lasted a second before his face turned neutral again.

"Now, who are you bringing to the ball this evening? I think it'll be the beautiful girl that was here last night, Emma was it? Emma Gilbert?" Esther smiled. Klaus sighed with a slight chuckle, revealing his perfect teeth. 

"Don't be ridiculous. You're lucky I'm even going." Klaus told her. "Well, I wish you would reconsider. It's going to be a magical evening. And who knows? I believe Emma would look lovely wearing one of those dresses that collects dust in storage." Esther smiled before walking out.

Klaus fully intended on Emma attending as his date, but he was hesitant, considering he was getting annoyed with Kol's words of stealing away Emma from him. When he thought to Emma, and what she would look good in, the perfect dress came in mind. He smirked before walking out of the room.

~

"If Esther wants to talk to me, maybe I should find out why." Elena sighed, walking into the living room. I followed in, leaning on the couch. "Well, that's a dumb idea. She already tried to kill you and Emma once." Damon protested. I nodded, agreeing with him, for once.

"No, Elena's right. Bonnie was led to open that coffin for a reason. I think there's more to this than just some family reunion." Stefan said, backing up Elena. "Can we go back in time to the old Stefan who cared if Elena lived or died?" Damon suggested. "What for? That's your job now." Stefan replied.

Damon and Stefan glared at each other before Elena broke it up. "Stefan has a point, Damon. I should find out what she wants." Elena pleaded. "No way. I'm not letting you get anywhere near that woman, Elena." I shook my head.

"You can't protect yourself." Damon countered. "Ok, fine. Then I'll go." Stefan offered. I sighed, obviously Elena being Elena would find a way to go to the ball anyways. "You pissed off enough originals to last a lifetime. I'll go." Damon snatched the invite out of Elena's hand's. 

"Hey!" Elena protested. "End of story." Damon walked out of the room. I sighed, annoyed. I might as well help my sister because she insists on going. I gave Elena a look and she understood. Tonight, I was sneaking Elena to the ball.

~

Elena, Caroline, and I were all sitting at the grill together. Tyler apparently left town to break his sire bond to Klaus, which Caroline was extremely grateful for, but she missed him. I don't blame her, either. Her dad just died, how would you cope?

"It's all so weird. The originals are throwing a ball, like an actual ball." Elena spoke. A waitress came over and handed us menus. "It's some twisted Cinderella fetish is what it is. And why does the evil witch want an audience with you?" Caroline questioned Elena. 

"I have no idea. There's only one way to find out." Elena replied. "I thought you told Damon and Stefan that you weren't going." Caroline grinned, mischievously, causing me to chuckle at her. "I did, which is all the more reason why I need a drama-free bodyguard." Elena replied.

"Well, I think a Salvatore would look a lot better in a tux, and by that, I mean Stefan." Caroline told her. "Care, your favoritism screams Stefan." I chuckled. She just winked at me before turning back to Elena. Elena just groaned, playfully.

"I can't deal with either of the Salvatores right now. Whatever Stefan's feeling, he's channeling it all against Klaus, and Damon..." She paused before sighing. "It's just not a good idea." Caroline and I exchanged obvious looks with each other.

"Why? Cause you two made out?" Caroline questions. Elena looks up at her, wide eyed. Caroline looked away before back at Elena. "Bonnie and Emma spilled the beans." she looked slightly hurt, so I grabbed Care's hand and squeezed it. She gave me a small smile.

"I was gonna tell you. It's just after everything that happened with your dad-" Caroline cut her off. "Elena, when you and Matt kissed for the first time freshmen year, you called me the second it happened. I don't hear about this till now? From somebody else?" Caroline shook her head.

"I'm sorry. It's just I-I don't even know how I feel about it yet. All I do know is that... Just used to be so much easier." Elena sighed. I put a hand on her shoulder to try to comfort and console my sister, who was clearly confused about her feelings but I could already tell she had feelings for both Salvatore brothers, she just refused to believe it.

"Careful, Caroline, Emma. It's all well and good till she stabs you in the back." I snapped my head around and saw Rebekah standing there. She smiled at me, but I didn't return it after she attacked my sister and I last night.

"What are you doing here? I know your mom's rules. No hurting the locals." Elena spoke. I sighed, knowing this probably wasn't going to end very well. "Get over yourself, Elena. It's not all about you." Rebekah retaliated before walking away from us heading over to Matt.

I watched them as they talked, and Rebekah pulled out an envelope, handing it to Matt, smiling. "Oh my god. She's inviting him to the ball." Caroline confirmed. "Why is she inviting him?" I wondered. I never knew Rebekah took a liking in Matt.

"Probably to get this reaction from us." Elena replied. "Or, maybe she genuinely wants to go with him?" I suggested. Caroline scoffed and laid back in her seat. "What time is this stupid dance?" Caroline questioned. "7:00, don't be late." I winked at her before grabbing Elena's hand.

"Where are we going?" Elena questioned. "We, my sister are going to get you ready." I smiled. She gave me a nervous look before we both waved goodbye to Caroline. "Good luck!" Caroline encouraged, grinning. I just laughed before exiting the grill with Elena in tow.

~

I was finishing up Elena's hair, curling it. We picked out a dress for her, it was a dark colored ball gown, and she looked beautiful in it. "Hey, I'll finish. Why don't you go get ready?" Elena told me. I shrugged, continuing. 

"Ok, what's wrong?" Elena turned around to face me. I sighed, before picking up my invite off the night stand, and flipping it over to reveal the message I got from Klaus on it. When she read it, she gasped.

"Klaus wants you to come?" she questioned. "I guess, remember that box that was with it?" I asked her. She nodded in response. "I'm guessing its from him, though I still haven't opened it." I told her. "Well, you should go and at least see what he wants, Em." she encouraged.

I sighed, finishing her hair, and turning the curling iron off. I picked up the box from my desk and set it on my bed. Elena came up from behind me as I took the top off. I gasped as I looked at what was in front of me. It was a beautiful white dress, with a low cut neckline.

"I'll leave you to it then." Elena smirked. I just hit her playfully on the arm, causing her to laugh before leaving the room. I took the dress out of the box and examined it. It was beautiful, and white being my favorite color, it didn't hurt that the dress was white.

I slipped out of my regular clothes before putting on the white dress. Luckily, the zipper didn't go up to far so I was able to zip it by myself. I studied myself in my full length mirror. The dress fit me perfectly, showing off everything.

It had pretty little flowers around the top of the dress, making it nature themed, which I loved after spending so much time in the woods back in California, and even here in Mystic Falls.

I gulped, nervously before going into the bathroom and putting my hair into a braid with strands of hair on the sides towards the front of my face hung out. "Emma!" I heard Elena call. I took a deep breath before walking out of the bathroom, descending down the stairs.

Elena looked at me wide eyed, and I just smiled at her. She looked really beautiful. When I got down the stairs, Elena had a grin from ear to ear. "You look so beautiful, Emma!" she exclaimed. I only laughed.

"Not as beautiful as you, Elena." I smiled. She thanked me before we both left the house. While driving, I got really nervous about seeing Klaus. Would he like the dress? Would he even want to dance with me? Ugh, I hate feelings.

~

The ball was in full swing at the Mikaelson mansion, as Damon Salvatore approached Carol Lockwood, the mayor. "Hello, Carol." Damon handed Carol a drink. "Hello." she greeted, accepting the drink. They clinked their glasses together before drinking the champagne.

"Hanging out with your new besties?" Damon questioned, taking another sip of his drink. "I'm the mayor, Damon. When the oldest, deadliest family of vampires moves into your town, you welcome them with a smile." Carol explained. Damon hummed, and Carol along with him.

"Well, at least you know who you're borrowing that cup of sugar from." Damon smirked, sarcasm laced in his voice.  "I'm trying to protect this town. They've assured me they want peace, and I've assured them that I'd enforce it." she defended.

"Mayor Lockwood." a voice came from behind them. Carol turned to be met with Kol Mikaelson, the youngest Mikaelson. "We haven't formally met. Kol Mikaelson." Kol brought Carol's hand up to his mouth, kissing her knuckles.

"I hope your lovely town embraces us just as much as we plan to embrace it." Kol smirked. "Damon Salvatore." Damon held his hand out to Kol for him to shake. "Have we met?" Damon questioned, sarcastically.

"I've met a lot of people, and you don't particularly stand out. That reminds me. Have either of you seen a beautiful red-headed girl that my brother likes, I'm trying to sweep her off her feet." Kol smirked. "If you're talking about Emma, she's off limits." Damon scowled. Kol just grinned, before walking away. 

Two girls in the window's off the door caught Damon's attention. Two servants opened the door as Elena and Emma Gilbert walked in, hand in hand. Damon gazed at Elena, his mind blown, landing on what he saw as the most beautiful person on the planet.

Everyone in the room seemed to look their way as well, but not at Elena. Another servant then came by and took their small jackets off their shoulders before scurrying away. "Excuse me, Carol." Damon spoke.

Stefan then walked up to both of the sisters. Elena turned facing Stefan and sighed. "What are you doing here?" Elena questioned. "I could ask you the same thing." Stefan countered. Emma was looking around the room for Klaus, but she couldn't seem to find him.

"Surprise, Surprise. Nice tux." Damon looked at Stefan. Emma snapped out of her searching and looked at the Salvatore brother's. Damon then turned to Elena and Emma. "You guys aren't supposed to be here." Damon scolded.

"Well, we are, and I'm not leaving until I find out what Esther wants, so shall we?" Elena motioned to the boys. Stefan held out his arm for her. She looped her arm through his before looking at Damon. Damon just rolled his eyes before holding out his arm for Elena. She looped her arm in his and they walked in, leaving Emma to look for Klaus.

~

Klaus had been talking to boring humans all night. There was only one person he wanted to see at the ball, and she hadn't made an appearance yet. He started to think that she wouldn't show at all, discouraging him.

But when he saw some other people look in the direction of the entrance of the room and whisper amongst themselves, he decided to see what all the fuss was about. He turned, and froze. It was like the entire world stopped, aside from her.

Walking in the room, was Emma Gilbert. His lips parted, as he gazed at what he believed to be the most beautiful creature he'd ever seen. He looked at her figure, and was happy she wore the dress he sent for her. He smiled. It wasn't filled with amusement, sarcasm, or fake. It was a genuine smile, something he hadn't done in a long time.

Emma was looking around, not having seen him yet. When her eyes landed on his, her breath hitched in her throat. He looked really hot. She then scolded herself for doing that. She walked towards him, and he walked towards her, meeting half way.

"Good evening." he smiled. Emma smiled at him. "Good evening." she replied, playfully curtsying, causing him to chuckle. She then got really nervous, and she was confused as to why. "I need a drink." she chuckled, nervously, before walking past him.

He looked back and followed her figure ever so slowly moving away from him. He smiled, liking that he made her so nervous. He watched as she chugged down her drink, chuckling. Something indescribable came over Klaus Mikaelson at this moment. And he didn't like it so he pushed it down, out of fear of the feeling.

Klaus Mikaelson had just fallen in love with Emma Gilbert. 

~

Esther was setting up the privacy spell she needed to talk to Elena alone as her eldest son, Finn walked in. "Anything I can do to help, mother?" he questioned. She turned around and looked at her oldest boy. 

"Is Emma Gilbert in attendance?" Esther asked. "I believe I saw her, yes. Would you like me to bring her to you?" Finn stepped closer. "No, not yet. When she finds out what she is it'll be overwhelming, and we do not want to discourage Elena from helping us." Esther replied.

Finn only nodded, before going to walk out. He got to the door, before stopping looking back at his mother. "Why is Emma Gilbert so important mother?" Finn wondered. "Because, Finn, not only is she the key to Niklaus' heart, but she is also something very powerful." Esther explained.

"Emma Gilbert is a Siphoner. And a powerful one. She also holds the werewolf gene, but she won't be needing it for what we plan to do."

~

Emma turned around to look for Klaus after chugging down the first bit of alcohol she had had in a while, to find that he was gone. She walked into the main room, seeing him on the staircase. Elijah was there as well, with Kol and Rebekah. Elijah then clinked a wine glass and a fork together to get everyone's attention.

"Uh, If everyone could gather, please." he said. At this, Finn Mikaelson stopped conversing with Elena and joined his siblings on the steps. Everyone crowded into the room, Emma being pushed into the back. She huffed, annoyed, but because she was 5'9 should could see ok. "Welcome. Thank you for joining us." he spoke. 

Esther descended the staircase, staring at Elena before turning her attention to Emma who was all the way in the back. Esther wasn't the only one looking at her either. Klaus couldn't stop looking at her. Emma only stared back at Klaus, biting her lip and then smiling. 

"You know, whenever my mother brings our family together like this, it's tradition for us to commence the evening with a dance." Elijah announced. Damon and Stefan noticed Esther stop on the staircase.

"Do you see who I see?" Damon questioned Stefan. "Oh, yeah." Stefan confirmed. "Tonight's pick is a centuries-old waltz, so if all of you could please find yourselves a partner, please join us in the ballroom." Everyone dispersed finding a partner while Elena picked up her dress and started walking towards the staircase, intending on following where Esther went.

"Don't even think about it." Damon stood in front of her, stopping her. "She wants to see me alone, Damon." Elena replied. "Well, it sucks to be her, then. Was I not clear this morning?" Damon stopped her again. 

"I was invited." Elena countered. "You have to tell me before you walk into a lion's den." Damon whisper shouted. "Why? So that you can stop me?" Elena questioned, annoyed. "Yes." he responded. Elena tilted her head, frustrated.

Damon then held out his hand for her. "It would be rude not to dance, you know." Elena looked at his hand and then in his eyes. She then rolled her eyes before taking his hand. "It is tradition." she curtsied. Damon and Elena looped their arms around each other and started walking into the ballroom together.

Emma, planning on standing on the sidelines, as she usually does at dances, was on her way into the ballroom, before an arm grasped her forearm. She flinched, surprised before turning around and relaxing. It was Klaus.

"I was wondering if I could have this dance?" Klaus smirked. "Of course." she smiled. His smirk grew wider as he took her hand and led her into the ballroom. They lined up with the others in the ballroom.

'Give Me Love' by Ed Sheeran was playing. Emma and Klaus were gazing into each others eyes every so often, because Emma would look away, blushing, causing Klaus to smirk. A few other couples ahead of them were Damon and Elena.

"You look stunning, if it isn't obvious." Damon complemented. "Thank you." Elena nodded. Everyone turned, passing the couples on the other side. Taking a few more steps, the men spun around the women, bringing them in to begin the waltz.

Emma's cheeks were bright red when she felt Klaus' hand on her waist. They were so transfixed on each other. "I'm glad you came." Klaus smiled. Emma smiled, and then looked down, before looking into his eyes. "Well, I wouldn't miss a chance to spend time with you." Emma replied, her smile growing.

Klaus was shocked, to say the very least that she wanted to spend time with him, of all people, but nonetheless, he was happy. "On to more mannered subjects, like how ravishing you look in that dress." his eyes wondering down Emma's figure, then back up again, causing her to blush.

"Well, I guess I didn't have anything else in my closet to wear to this event." Emma teased, causing Klaus to chuckle. "And the bracelet I gave you, what's your excuse for wearing that?" Klaus smirked, slightly amused. Emma didn't answer, but her heart started beating faster, giving Klaus all the confirmation he needed.

"You know, you're quite the dancer." Klaus commented. Emma smiled sadly before responded. "I've had training, my mom made me run for Miss Mystic Falls, even though I didn't win." she sighed. Klaus nodded, understanding.

The next part of the dance commenced, and Emma was spun into Kol Mikaelson's arms. Kol smirked, he had been waiting for her all night. "Well, it seems like I'll finally get some time with you." he grinned.

Emma gulped, before replying. "Why do you want time with me?" she questioned. "Well, it seems like my brother has taken an interest with you, and I'd like to find out why." he responded. Emma looked at him, confused. She knew that Klaus cared for her, but she didn't know how far that actually went.

"Well, don't get your hopes up, because I don't know what he wants." she shrugged. "Well, I for sure know what I want." he whispered in her ear. Emma, flustered, pulled away from Kol, leaving the dance floor. Klaus dancing nearby glared at Kol, who was now smirking.

~

Elena was in the study of the house, waiting for Damon after sending him a text to lure him there for Stefan to incapacitate him so she could get to Esther. Damon walked in, causing Elena to look away from the window she was staring out of. "I got your text." 

Damon raised his hands then dropped them. "What are we doing in here?" Elena gave Damon a guilty look before Stefan vamp sped out of hiding, braking Damon's back, temporarily killing him. Stefan set Damon's body down.

"Well, better hurry up. Won't be down for long." Stefan told her. Elena nodded, before picking up her dress and heading for the exit. She stopped at the door, looking back at Damon's body then at Stefan. Stefan only nodded. Elena took one last look at Damon before leaving.

As she was walking through the halls trying to make her way to Esther, a voice called her name. "Elena." Elijah called. Elena whipped her head around to see him walking towards her. "I understand my mother requested to see you." Elijah spoke.

"Uh, yeah. Why? Is something wrong?" Elena questioned as they began walking together. "Well, her ability to forgive my brother after everything he's done to destroy this family strikes me as a little strange to say the least." Elijah voiced his concerns.

"Do you think it's an act?" Elena asked. Elijah stepped in front of her, causing her to stop in her tracks. "It has me asking questions I never thought I'd ask. Can I depend on you to tell me what she says?" Elijah spoke.

Elena took a deep breath before nodding. "Of course. I'll find you later, ok?" Elena then walked past Elijah, with him looking at her walking away, not to sure she would tell the truth of what would go down.

~

Just as Esther completed the privacy spell, there was a knock on the door. She looked up from the sage. "That'll be the girl." Finn set down the dagger he was holding, before going to the door and opening it, revealing Elena.

Finn motioned for Elena to come into the room. "You're alone. Wise choice." Finn said. Elena walked past him towards Esther. She looked at the sage, suspiciously. "It's only sage." Esther reassured her.

"I've spelled it so we can speak freely without fear of being overheard." Esther explained. "That'll be all, Finn. Thank you." Esther turned towards her son, who nodded, exiting the room, closing the double doors behind him.

"You must have a million questions for me, Elena. Please." Esther motioned for Elena to sit down. Elena complied, walking over to the sofa in the room, taking a seat, Esther doing the same. "How are you alive?" Elena questioned.

"Are you a ghost or-" Esther cut her off. "Not exactly. When I died, the witch Ayana preserved my body with a spell. She was a close friend of mine, an ancestor of your friend Bonnie." Esther explained. 

"So that's why only Bonnie and her mother could open up the casket." Elena realized. "They complete the Bennett bloodline. I drew power from them and their ancestors who were with me on the other side." Esther confirmed.

"So you've been on the other side for a thousand years?" Elena pondered. "Nature's way of punishing me for turning my family into vampires." Esther looked down in shame. She was always ashamed of what she did, not because she felt guilty about what she did to her children, no. About betraying nature.

"But there is a way for me to undo the evil I created." Esther looked back up. "You're here to help us kill Klaus, aren't you?" Elena spoke. "One thing at a time, Elena. For now, I simply need your help." Esther replied.

~

Emma stood outside, with her covering wrapped around  her body, smiling at the horses. The horses snorted, causing her smile to grow wider. Klaus walked up from behind her, admiring her looking at the animals.

"You like horses?" Klaus questioned, standing next to her. Emma turned her head to see him gazing at the horses before turning his eyes on her. "Yeah, whenever I visited family in northern California, they owned a farm." she smiled at the memories.

"They had the most beautiful horses, and I loved them all. But I always had a favorite, her name was Alison, and she was like my best friend." Emma looked down, obviously sad about the memory. 

"But she got sick, some sort of disease I don't want to learn the name of. It hit her hard, and she wasn't able to survive it." Emma looked back up at Klaus. He sighed and then wrapped his arm around her shoulders. Emma then leaned her head on his shoulder.

"You know, horses are the opposite of people. They're loyal." Klaus smiled a little. Emma perked her head up and looked into his eyes. "My father hunted me for a thousand years, and the closest he ever came was the day he killed my favorite horse. He-he severed its neck with a sword as a warning." Klaus explained.

Emma smiled at him before speaking. "Did you ever consider sitting down with your father and talking about it?" she wondered. He gave a slight smile before looking down. "I'm afraid my relationship with my father was a little more complex than yours." Klaus replied.

"Maybe so." Emma nodded. "But I didn't say goodbye to my father before he died, my mother either. I was in California. And I can't help but think that I should have been there I should have done something-" Klaus cut her off.

"Hey, listen to me." He lifted her chin up. "There's nothing you could have done to prevent what happened. What happened wasn't your fault. Never believe that." Klaus comforted. Emma gave him a grateful look before laying her head back on Klaus' shoulder.

"And to answer your question, yes I like horses." Emma smiled to herself. Klaus chuckled, loving every moment he spent around Emma. Emma then picked her head up and looked at him. "I'm going back inside, it's to cold for me out here." she smirked, before walking back in.

Klaus smirked to himself, looking at the horses once more before following her. Emma didn't know it, but she had Klaus Mikaelson wrapped around her finger.

~

Esther lit candles in a room, preparing a spell. "I understand Rebekah shared the story of my family..." she blew the match she was using to light the candles out. "How I upset the balance of nature by turning my children into vampires." 

"She said you did it to protect them from the werewolves." told her. "It's true." Esther confirmed, pouring a liquid into a glass on the table. "But in no time at all, they began to feed on human blood. They ravaged the town with no remorse. Eventually Niklaus turned against me." Esther continued setting up.

"How are you gonna kill him? He's immortal." Elena stepped closer. Esther turned around from what she was doing, facing Elena. "It will take time, magic, and you and your sister's assistance." Esther explained. 

"What do I and Emma have to do with this?" Elena asked, confused. "My children believe I'm holding this ball to celebrate our reunion. But in truth, I've gathered them together to perform a ritual. The first step requires blood from a doppelgänger." Elena looked hesitant.

"Only a drop. Its essence will be in the champagne toast later on this evening." Esther picked up a dagger wiping it off. "Ok, but what does my sister have to do with any of this?" Elena questioned.

"Your sister, is very powerful. She's whats called a siphoner. If she touches someone like me, for example, all of my power can become her's, for a time. She can siphone magic from almost everything, and she is key to defeating my children." Esther explained.

"On the night I preform the ritual, she will siphone the power of my children, when she does this, nothing can stop her. But, with some magic of my own, I can channel her to make the process go faster, and so no one can interfere." Esther continued.

"But what will happen to Emma?" Elena questioned, confused. "You're sister will be perfectly fine. The spell I will use will not kill her, it'll just weaken her, for a time. With some herbs and your blood, I can activate her siphone abilities tonight." Esther answered.

"Emma doesn't get hurt?" Elena bargained. "Emma doesn't get hurt." Esther nodded, confirming Elena. "Will you do it?" Esther questioned, holding up the knife. "Or shall I?" Elena looked at the knife, before walking over and taking off her glove. 

She held her hand out, which Esther took. Esther then pricked Elena's finger with the knife. Elena gritted her teeth together from the pain for a moment, before Esther brought her finger to the cup holding the liquid, her blood dripping into it.

"Elijah is more suspicious than the others, so he may need more persuasion, but they must all drink at the toast, in order to be linked as one. Your sister will have to drink as well, to activate her siphone side, that is dormant at the moment." Ether told her.

"What do you mean 'linked as one'?" Elena questioned. "You said yourself Klaus can't be killed, but tonight's spell links all of my children together. So that if one goes, they all go." Esther said. "What?" Elena pondered. 

"I love my family, Elena, but they are an abomination. I betrayed nature when I created them. It's my duty to kill them." Esther spoke. Elena looked at her, shocked that she'd want to kill her own family, but nonetheless, wanted Klaus dead.

~

I was walking around with Klaus talking about random things, and it was weird, but amazing. I enjoyed talking to him, and when he talked to someone else for a minute or two, I felt like he wasn't there and that I missed him.

I heard a glass clink, causing my attention to turn away from Klaus and to Esther, who was at the top of the staircase. Her gaze was one me, which confused me before she turned her attention to the crowd as a whole.

"Good evening, ladies and gentlemen. Waiters are coming round with champagne. I invite you all to join me in raising a glass." Her voice boomed across the room. Klaus grabbed two champagne glasses off of the waiter's tray in front of us and handed me one.I grabbed it, and smiled at him, him returning a similar smile. 

"It provides me with no greater joy then to see my family back together as one." Esther looked over the crowd. I turned to see Klaus smirking up at her, causing me to smile. I then intertwined my hand with his, causing his gaze to fall on me. His smirk grew wider when I blushed from him rubbing the back of my hand with his thumb.

"I'd like to thank you all for being part of this spectacular evening. Cheers." Esther held up her glass. "Cheers." the audience repeated, holding up their glasses as well. Klaus and brought the glasses up to our lips, smiling at each other.

He then grabbed both of our glasses, putting them on a tray before taking my other hand in his and leading me somewhere. "Where are we going?" I questioned, laughing. "I want to show you something." he smiled.

After swerving through what seemed like endless halls, we finally came to a room with a bunch of art in it. "So what did you want to show me?" I questioned, looking around the room. "One of my passions." he responded, stopping in front of a huge painting.

"Oh. Impressive. I take it the curators at the Louvre aren't on vervain." I joked. He chuckled, before turning to face me. "Yeah, well, that's their mistake." Klaus responded. I fiddled with my bracelet.

"What about these? Where'd you steal this from?" I joked again, holding my wrist out for him to see. "Well, that's a long story. But rest assured it was worn by a princess almost as beautiful as you." Klaus complemented. I blushed before turning away.

I looked down at the drawings on the table, be amazed at how good they were before my mind flooded with realization. "Wait a second. Did- did you do these?" I questioned. Klaus looked kind of shy before responding.

"Yeah. Um... actually one of my landscapes is hanging at the hermitage, not that anyone would notice. Have you been?" Klaus asked. A chuckle escaped my lips. "Aside from California, I've never really been anywhere." I said.

"I'll take you." Klaus spoke. I perked my head up, shocked he would. I gave him a skeptical look. "Wherever you want. Rome. Paris. Tokyo?" He leaned closer, with a smirk. "Oh, wow." I laughed, he laughed as well, causing me to smile.

"Must be really nice to just snap your fingers and get whatever you want. Is that why you collect hybrids? Servants to take you places and bring you things?" I asked, curious. His smile disappeared and was replaced with a frown. "You're making assumptions." he sighed.

"You know, this has been a fun evening, but I think it's time for you to leave." Klaus had no sign of emotion on his face. "I get it. Your father didn't love you, so you assume that no one else will either." I realized. He looked down, and I could tell I hit it right on the nail.

I put my hand on his cheek, causing him to look back up on me. "Klaus, you don't need to worry about it, ok? There are people in this world who love you, and they always will. I'll always be here for you, I promise you." I told him. 

His eyes went wide as I saw tears form in them for a second before he blinked them away. And before I knew it, we were both leaning in. Our eyes were traveling from each other's eyes to our lips. But before contact could be made, I pulled away.

"I-I'm sorry." I squeaked out before I fled the room. I didn't know what came over me, but I was afraid of feeling things. It was scary. While walking down a hallway, I wasn't paying attention to where I was going because I was lost in thought. I bumped into someone.

"Oh, sorry." I spoke, looking up. I was shocked to see Esther. "Hello, Emma." she gave me a small smile. "Oh, uhm, hello." I responded. "Who you join me for a chat?" Esther questioned. Not wanting to be rude, I agreed.

She led me into a sitting room, where she sat down in a chair, motioning for me to sit down on the couch next to it. Hesitantly, I complied. "So, you and my son, Niklaus?" she grinned. My cheeks felt extremely hot.

"Yeah, uh, I care about him." I smiled. "Do you love him?" Esther questioned. I sighed, thinking carefully about my answer before responding. "All my life, I've gotten plenty of love, don't get me wrong. From my mom, dad, grandmother, Elena, and Jeremy." I explained. 

"But I've never really had a chance to explore feelings romantically because no one ever seemed interested. So the feelings I have for him now are confusing." I sighed. Esther gave me a look of confusion before I continued.

"I don't know what being in love with someone feels like." I shrugged. Esther nodded before taking my hands. "I see. Love can be confusing, but rest assured that when it comes, you'll know it." she smiled.

"Now onto more pressing matters. Emma, take off your gloves, please." Esther requested. I looked at her, confused. "Why do I need to take off my gloves?" I questioned. "Tonight when I saw your sister, I told her the truth about you." Esther said.

"When you drank that wine from the champagne earlier, it was laced with herbs that would allow for your powers to become activated." she explained. "What do you mean powers? I don't have any." I defended. "Just take your gloves off, please." Esther repeated.

Hesitantly, I took them off. She then grabbed my wrist, putting my hand on her arm. There was a red glow, before she took my hand off her. "You are what is called a siphoner. You can borrow magic from anything supernatural, it gives you power to preform spells, like a witch." she told me.

"Now, I want you to focus on that candle over there, and light it." Esther pointed over to a candle that wasn't lit. I turned to it, focusing on it. After a moment, it came to life with a flame, as did every other candle in the room. 

Esther looked a bit surprised, as I just started hyperventilating. There was no way this was happening to me right now. "I can't even touch anyone now." I heaved. Esther put her hands on my shoulders. "I will help you control it." she then started to speak something else to me, but I didn't hear it.

I started getting light headed before everything went black.

Holy crap the end of this was only 30 minutes into the episode with like 11 minutes left. I decided to make Emma pass out at the Mikaelsons because I have an idea I'd like to do incase any of you were wondering.

I made a new cover and I'm in love I swear to god. I hope you guys like the new cover as much as I do. It took me a hot minute before I was able to actually work the website I made it on so I'm proud.

I also hope you guys loved this chapter as much as I loved writing it. This has to be my favorite chapter thus far. And it has over 8000 words. That's honestly insaneee. :)))

luv you guys,

-megan xoxo

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

653K 16.9K 75
"You feel no remorse do you? You don't feel remorse for the people you've hurt, the people you've killed. They're just things to you." "That's not tr...
194K 7.4K 64
No one knows what happens when you die. It's a mystery that has always been. So when my time came, I accepted it with open arms. But as I entered my...
170K 4.3K 79
(rewriting) ˜"*°•.˜"*°•𝐒𝐡𝐞'𝐬 𝐝𝐢𝐟𝐟𝐞𝐫𝐞𝐧𝐭. 𝐒𝐡𝐞'𝐬 𝐨𝐧𝐞-𝐨𝐟-𝐚-𝐤𝐢𝐧𝐝. 𝐒𝐡𝐞'𝐬 𝐮𝐧𝐢𝐪𝐮𝐞. ...
509K 10.1K 38
After the incident is 1864 everyone in mystic falls including the Salvatore brothers assumed their youngest sister was dead. She had fled the town to...