Delilah In Discretion | ✓ - D...

By iiLoveydoveii

SEQUEL TO HIS POSSESSION IN DISCRETION READ BOOK #1 BEFORE ENTERING BOOK #2 Delilah Newman-Russel. Recently t... More

Delilah In Discretion Publishing & Moving to Patreon and Kindle Vella
Character List
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
The Discretion Series (NEW BOOK - Aching for his Discretion)

Chapter 8

144K 6.2K 1.7K
By iiLoveydoveii

" Some days, things just take 
way too much of my energy
I look up, and the whole room's spinning
You take my cares away
I can so overcomplicate, 
people tell me to medicate "

Third Person POV

Delilah found it strange as her and Archer continued to kiss even though her brain kept screaming at her to pull away. The atmosphere in the room had changed entirely, and the tension grew thick. Footsteps were making their way over to their location quickly, but they didn't notice in time. 

The door opened, and they both jumped and pulled away. Looking over to the door, Archer was slightly relieved to see who it was, but Delilah was petrified, the whole situation finally dawning upon her. 

The person looked over to the two of them and forced a grin. " Ok so, I kinda already knew this was going to happen the second Archer went after you so don't even sweat it. The real problem is that Mr. Russel is looking for his daughter and I would suggest you two pull away as far as you can and get back out there because her father is close to coming this way... And I won't say that's what she said after that sentence.. " Sterling said quickly, and Archer looked back over to Delilah and realized his hands were still holding her face. 

Slowly pulling away, she cleared her throat and avoided all eye contact with Archer as she made a beeline for the door but not before making eye contact with Sterling, who zipped his lip and threw away the key.

" I won't tell a single soul.. " He whispered, and Delilah left the room already feeling doomed, and she gazed at Archer for a split second who was standing in the same spot and his eyes never left her. 

Tearing her gaze away, she headed back to the ballroom to make it seem like nothing happened at all. Sterling looked over to Archer and smirked.

" Took you 15 years but hey at least you got there. " Archer rolled his eyes at his words and walked over to him.

" Sterling. Don't tell anyone. " Sterling scoffed.

" Archer, I'm wounded... do you really not trust m- " Archer cut him off. 

" Of course I don't trust you, Sterling. At times I have to threaten you just to keep the tiniest secret. Do you understand what will happen if someone, more so her father finds out? Not only will I be going down but you're coming with me. Tell no one. Understood? " 

Sterling nodded. " You have my word.. scout's honor. " He said holding up two fingers, and Archer sighed.

" God we're screwed.. " 

Sterling scoffed. " Ok now tell me that wasn't an invitation to say 'that's what she said.' You're setting yourself up at this point! " He exclaimed, and Archer walked away. He felt different.. It was all in the moment and only minutes later did he realized that he'd kissed her... He'd finally kissed her... and it was the best feeling in the world. 

Meanwhile, Delilah was hurrying back to join her father who was sitting impatiently at the table. She gulped softly as she tried to act natural, but he was a ticking time bomb and the fact that he tapped his fingers on the table like it was a countdown and her mother was out of sight, made her nervous.

He looked over to her and spoke. " Delilah... " He said slowly, and she walked over to the seat beside him and hugged him.

" I know I disappeared and I know I'm in trouble, but you were already going to say that.. Sorry, daddy.. " She said knowing he would give in and he sighed and kissed the top of her forehead.

" We'll talk about this when we get home.. " He said, and she smiled.

" Of course we will. " She said though knowing, in the back of her head, she wouldn't be saying a word about what happened 10 minutes ago. Thankfully, Brielle returned to the table and Delilah gave her a look, and Brielle immediately noticed and smiled at her Killian.

" Killian honey, how about we go check on the kids, they're with Jin and the others.. I'm sure Kimiko wants to be with Delilah for a little while before we leave. " She said, and Delilah finally noticed Kimiko who was sitting across the table drinking water as she stared at their interaction. 

Killian stood silently and allowed his wife to guide him wherever she pleased.. Anything to calm his now subsiding anger. Kimiko watched as they walked away before glaring at Delilah as she turned back to her.

" Where have you been! Even though it's been less than 15 minutes, a war was about to break out! " Delilah bit her lip.

" I got some.. fresh air.. " 

" Really, Delilah? Fresh air? I think I can tell when you need to kiss up to uncle Killian to make him ignore the fact that you just made him upset. Now I'll repeat it once more. Where have you been? And I need an answer now. " Delilah groaned. Her best friend knew her too well, and it had its ups, but at this point, it certainly had its downs. 

" Kimiko, it's a long story- " 

" How long.. " She asked, and Delilah could tell by the tone of Kimiko's voice that she wanted more than just the details that just recently passed. And as sad as it was, Delilah had kept Kimiko in the dark about things that happened in the last few weeks. She was only trying to keep Kimiko's mind void of problems so she could focus on her election, but it didn't make her feel any less guilty especially since they swore as children to never keep secrets and up until now, they have always been open.

" Kimi.. I'll tell you everything, but right now, it's not exactly the best time to do so.. " She said looking around the room quickly, thankfully not seeing Archer anywhere.

" Sleepover. " Kimiko said with finality and Delilah giggled. 

" Fine, since tomorrow is Sunday I don't have many classes so we should be able to have time to talk. "

" Oh, we'll have time alright. And you better not hold back " Kimiko said and Delilah held her hands up in surrender. 

" I promise. "  

⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯

" I came over to see if I could steal Delilah away for a moment. " Killian immediately shook his head as he spoke.

" I don't think you- " Calvin cut him off with a chuckle.

" Killian, let them have fun.. It wouldn't be right to bore them the rest of the night.. " 

Delilah was being pulled away by Luca and Killian couldn't help the anger that he felt rising.

" Lockwood. Get out of my life. " Killian seethed, and Calvin chuckled.

" Killian, I would think you would be considering us being friends for once at least. That's all I ask. " 

" Calvin you're pushing it.. " Brielle said, and Calvin smiled.

" My sincere apologies Brielle, it was never my intention to- "

" Shut up already " They heard a voice and they all turned to see Blaine sitting at the nearby table. 

Calvin sighed. " Porter, Masahiko... I was already expecting both of you to be here. " Blaine and Shin walked over to them, and Shin cleared his throat.

" Correct me if I'm wrong Calvin but.. was it not you who tried to find every event Killian was invited to or made and somehow sneak an invitation to just so happen to be there with him. At least back then we were invited. " He said cockily, and Killian sighed.

" Shin, Blaine, this conversation is exactly what I was trying to avoid. " Calvin pouted.

" But I was just starting to enjoy myself. " 

" That's unfortunate. I wish I gave a fuck. Now I'm going to try to enjoy the rest of my night. Behave yourself, Lockwood. " Killian responded, and Calvin gasped.

" Why I never! I haven't done anything wrong tonight... 

" Sure you haven't done anything in plain sight, but you've most likely done enough damage, maybe even more. Have a good night. " He said ending the conversation and leaving Calvin and Andrew by themselves. 

Throughout the conversation, Calvin did manage to watch as Delilah walked away from Luca as expected when they finished their first and final dance. He discreetly observed as she walked towards the exit and he looked to the other side of the room to see his son Archer 'coincidentally' going in the same direction as Delilah, but he kept his distance.   

They walked back to their table and Andrew spoke. 

" I notice how you managed to direct their attention away from Delilah and Luca for their entire dance shared.  Care to share why? " Calvin took a sip of his champagne.

" Everything happens for a reason. You need to be the determiner of whether or not what happens, plays in your favor. Delilah doesn't favor Luca. Therefore their dance would not have lasted long. Her best friend is occupied, and her parents are in a conversation that she would very much not like to be in. So what is the solution? Leaving to clear her mind so she can mentally prepare her self for the rest of the night... And it just so happens that another person who was watching her tonight noticed when she left and went after her. "

" And you got all of that by just watching their interaction? "

" Of course. I shuffled the cards. They just played it out for me.. perfectly might I add. " 

" And how do you know that it played out the way you wanted? " Calvin looked over to the entrance and as if on cue, Delilah walked into the ballroom looking shaken, flushed and in a slight daze. She went over to her father and tried to calm herself as she spoke to him. He then noticed how Archer walked in shortly after looking somewhat the same. 

" Because.. " Calvin took another sip. " The primary stages of the plan have already been completed.. "

⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯

" Okay, we're home now so spill. " Kimiko said to Delilah as she sat on the bed and Delilah stood up and closed the door so they wouldn't be heard. They had returned about an hour earlier and thankfully dodged her father who was still angry about the whole situation. Now everyone in the house was either already asleep or getting ready to sleep. 

" So Archer and Luca have been.. going back and forth.. I guess you could say, about me. First, there was an incident where Luca tripped me, and Archer stepped in, then Luca forces me to take his number to which I have him saved as 'Do not answer.' They leave me alone for a few days until a couple of hours ago where they were both watching me and Luca pulled me away for a dance and then I left and Archer and then... we kissed...  " She whispered, and Kimiko's eyes grew wide as saucers. 

She opened and closed her mouth like a gaping fish as she couldn't even form words. She then started moving her hands as if she was talking, but Delilah rolled her eyes as she watched her say incoherent things.

" Wait you kissed Archer? " She asked, and Delilah shot over to the bed and held her hand against her friend's mouth.

" Not so loud Kimi! At some point, these soundproof walls could not work, and we'll both be screwed! " She whisper-yelled and Kimiko nodded her head. Delilah pulled her hand away, and Kimko spoke again.

" How? Why? What-? " She tried to begin, and Delilah shrugged.

" I honestly don't think I can answer at least one of your questions. It just happened... and I don't know Kimi. " Kimiko thought about it for a moment and looked over to Delilah.

" Did you like it? " She asked, and Delilah rolled her eyes as she looked away trying to conceal her blush.

" Don't ask me questions like that Kimi.. " She said softly, and Kimiko gasped as she pulled Marshmellow closer to her chest while he slept in her arms.

" You didn't deny it! You did like it! " The blush on Delilah's face grew more massive, and she fell back against the bed in agony. 

" Gosh Kimi, I don't even know what I feel! You can't ask me one-sided questions. I won't be able to answer them! " 

" Delilah! If you truly didn't like it, that blush wouldn't be reaching your neck. " 

" I'm still confused about the entire situation. And what can I do about it? If my father learned about this, do you know how quick I would be six feet under? There's no point in even thinking about what happened. " 

" Does anyone else know? " Kimiko asked, and Delilah nodded.

" Some guy.. I think Archer knew him because he wasn't freaking out as much as I was. "

" Ok.. what are you going to do now? " She asked again, and Delilah sat up.

" There's nothing for me to do at all. We kissed. That's it. Hopefully, I can go back to ignoring him and Luca without having any issues... "

" And you think Archer is going to let this all go? " She asked, and Delilah thought about it. 

" No.. I know Archer, he won't.. but I can only hope that he'll let it go soon.. " 

⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯

Calvin entered his home with his wife Vivienne and Archer coming behind him. Vivienne went to get ready for the night leaving him and his son alone in the foyer.

" So Archer, how was everything tonight? "

" It was fine. " Archer replied, though his mind was elsewhere thinking about what occurred just a few hours ago.

" Fine? Hmm.. You seemed to have disappeared for a moment or so.. " Archer froze in his place, and Calvin discreetly looked over, catching him in the act. Archer cleared his throat and averted his eyes as he took off his vest.

" I just want to step away is all, now if you'll excuse me.. " He said and walked to the stairs, not sparing his father a glance. Going into his room, he decided to take another shower so he could clear his mind. Once he finished, he got dressed in a pair of joggers and left his torso bare.

He went over to his bathroom sink and dried the remaining droplets of water from his hair with his towel from the shower. He looked into the mirror as his damp curly hair fell on the side of his face. He placed his hands against the counter and sighed heavily. 

" This can't ever happen again, " 

Her voice rang in his ears though he knew he couldn't agree with her. He knew why she said that. Killian, being the overprotective father he is would never let his precious daughter go to the hands of his enemy's son... Why it just wouldn't be Killian anymore then would it? 

Archer knew that because he'd finally kissed her, it was going to be harder to resist the urge to have her..

He bit his lip as his he almost broke out into a smile. Finally.

A moment he's been waiting for over a decade. Her father may have been more than a minor setback for pursuing her, but that wouldn't stop him.. Not his father, not Luca, nobody... 

Sooner or later.. she would finally be his.

☽☽☽☽☽☽☽☽☽☽

Hey loves  Sorry for the late chapter! Trying to balance school since it's over in literally two months for me, hope this chapter was good, I put a lot of thought into it. Much love. x 

How did you like this chapter?

Favorite moments and why?

Do you think Delilah liked the kiss?

What do you think was Calvin's primary stages of his plans were?

Any suggestions? Drama or fluff related?

Song requests?

Future predictions?

Anything else to say? Hmmm?

☽☽☽☽☽☽☽☽☽☽

Song Lyrics: Ariana Grande - breathin

Follow me on IG: iiLoveydoveii

Photos from WeHeartIt: iiLoveydoveii

Tell me what you think and don't forget to vote

Angel

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

4.7K 554 31
Sinclair Publishing House was a family business for everyone in the family except Arthur Sinclair's youngest son, Harris. Harris wanted nothing to do...
104K 3.7K 42
At lightning speed I threw open the covers of the bed , checking for any trace of missing clothing ; Every ounce of my fiber, of my being was yelling...
3.4M 98.2K 79
--------------- "Now answer my question", He speaks, this time with his serious tone. "What ?", I ask him . "Will you go out with me ?" ...
62.5M 2.5K 6
Brielle Newman A 21-year-old girl who was struggling to make life comfortable for herself and her niece, Delilah. Her sister left the baby the minute...