Our Little Sunshine

By m_e_l_o_d_i

The two Pro Heroes Present Mic and Eraser Head had finally gotten together. Their relationship was a secret t... More

Quick Author's Note
Just A Look Around
Another author's note
Play Time and Quirks

Some Assembly Required

5.5K 137 207
By m_e_l_o_d_i

Words: 2376

Getting everything settled for a child was not as easy as it sounds. The first few nights (Y/N) slept on the sofa, so they could take time to prepare her room. This didn't help the already sleep deprived Shouta. They stayed up late to form an attack plan of how to go about the room on multiple occasions. This schedule seemed ineffective to the loud, energetic behavior of Present Mic. Despite the lack of sleep, Hizashi remained as happy as could be, possibly because now they had a daughter of their own and he wanted to set a good example.

His spouse was a different story, Shouta was especially annoyed with his husband during that time. Less sleep adding to his already grumpy mood, he did his best to not lash out, especially in front of their new daughter. After all, they had just adopted her, he didn't want her to think of him as a horrible person. He had frequent headaches, and he found (Y/N) was a good distraction from the feeling.

Shouta sat down on the sofa rubbing his tired eyes. (Y/N) was sat next to him coloring in the same book she had brought from the orphanage. Hizashi had put on a kids program while he worked on her room. Shouta turned the TV off and audibly groaned. This tore the girl's attention to her father. His forehead rested on his hand with his elbow propped up on the arm of the sofa. She glanced around and placed the crayon and book down on the coffee table in front of her. The girl crawled over to Shouta and curled up next to him.

Eraser Head cocked his head feeling the sudden shift of weight on the sofa. He was met with bright, starry (E/C) eyes. Her gaze was friendly, yet concerned. The male simply rubbed her hair in response, struggling to fight against the smile that longed to show on his features. Shouta let out a breath and put his arm around her in a protective manner. (Y/N) was caught off guard and flinched slightly, however her father was too busy massaging his temple to notice. She had expected him to hit her or push her off. Memories of the orphanage clouded her mind and fogged her vision. Seeing some of the vicious older children in everyone. Despite this, she did her best not to be afraid of people, and tried to be friendly as possible.

(Y/N) settled down, coming to the conclusion that the raven haired man would not harm her. A smile graced her lips and she snuggled into his side, gripping onto his shirt. If (Y/N) were sitting on the other side of him, she would see a rare smile across Shouta's face. A feeling of warmth (it's cheesy I know) surged through the hero's body. Indescribable, yet pleasant. He lifted his hand and placed it on top of the tangled head of (H/C) locks next to him. He gently stroked the head of his daughter, his hands being cut off every so often by the small snarls in the strands.

After some time had passed and Shouta's headache subsided to nearly nothing. That is until his spouse came running into the living room and jumped in front of the two. Breaking the bonding moment the two were sharing. (I CRADLED YOU IN MY ARMS)

"Hey does the little lady want to go get some toys for her new room?!" He exclaimed, a bit to loud for his husband's comfort. (Y/N) had fallen out of Aizawa's grip and onto the (luckily) carpeted flooring. Hizashi jumped a bit at what his outburst had caused and quickly picked (Y/N) up off of the floor. She smiled in a form of showing forgiveness. The blonde ruffled her hair and turned to his husband. Shouta was rubbing the bridge of his nose, mumbling about how his headache had almost gone. When he finally looked up at Hizashi, he was greeted with two pairs of bright eyes one (E/C) and another green, through orange shaded glasses. The man audibly sighed and pushed himself up off the sofa. Earning a fist pump from the energetic voice hero.

The three made their way out of the house and into the car. Hizashi sat in the backseat with (Y/N) while Shouta drove. He did this as a safety precaution, saying it was the next best thing to a car seat until they got one for their daughter. This gave Hizashi a chance to mock his husband's driving. If they had not adopted a daughter the week before, Hizashi would be wrapped in Aizawa's scarf hanging upside down from the kitchen ceiling.

The three walking into the store. (Y/N) gawked at the enormous building filled to the brim with stuffed animals, games and toys. (Y/N) was not the only one excited, the man holding her hand, Hizashi had a smile on his face. Displaying his feeling of happiness to the world. Shouta however, simply rolled his eyes and shoved his hands into his pockets. He eyed the children of all ages running around the store. Some pulling their parents along, some showing different toys and begging, and some completely unsupervised running wild throughout the store. This experience was of no interest to him, he'd much rather be home, out shopping for her clothes and not in a zoo at the very least.

But despite his pleas to go back to the comfort of their house, Hizashi had already run off to heaven knows where with their daughter. Aizawa rolled his eyes once again and sighed. He walked over to a shelf of stuffed toys. Skimming over the colorful animals, he wasn't paying attention to where he was going neither was a person behind him. A girl with short platinum blonde hair and looked to be in her mid teens. Freckles dotted her face and she had bright magenta eyes. He apologized and went back to looking at the toys. The girl wasn't satisfied with just an apology, she figured a conversation would be pleasurable.

"I think I've seen you before," Aizawa mentally groaned, that could be the worst possible conversation starter in the history of any language. The only thing it was useful for would be to make things much more awkward. Instead of saying anything verbally, he quirked a brow.(no pun intended)

"Yeah, my mother runs the orphanage. I saw you and that other guy," the teen added. Aizawa just gave a small nod and attempted to look back at the toys. He prayed the girl would turn to the shelf and go back to examine the tags of the stuffed animals. Much to the man's dread, the girl did the opposite. She began to talk about their choice to adopt (Y/N) and her history at the orphanage. Aizawa wanted to groan, instead he bit his bottom lip not to seem rude.

Meanwhile, (Y/N) and Hizashi were running through the different isles of toys and games. (Y/N) holding on to his hand as he zoomed around the store. Even though she was only a resident of Yamada-Aizawa house for a short while, Hizashi had found himself having more fun than ever when spending time with her. All of the two's bonding moment had included lots of laughter and a prank on Shouta here and there. The difference between his time with (Y/N) and Shouta's time with her, is Hizashi and (Y/N) would be running around, always laughing and talking. While Shouta's time with (Y/N) would be a time to wind down from all the energy that day with Hizashi. He enjoyed it when he would get to sit down with his daughter and read or color.

The two stopped rushing around and slid across the floor. (Y/N) fell onto the ground which knocked a laugh out of the both of them. The blonde picked her up and set her on her feet, the smile never left either of their faces ever since they had walked into the store. (Y/N) spied a rack of stuffed dolls from the corner of her eye, she gestured to them and Hizashi nodded. Her face lit up and rush over to the dolls (I am so sorry to those of you with a doll fear). Her father stood not to far away, scanning the shelf behind her for good toys.

(Y/N) studied each and every doll closely. Looking at every seam in the clothing and body, the texture of the button eyes, the pattern of the fabric that made up the different length dresses. She reached for a doll with brown yarn hair and brown button eyes. It wore a white and purple dress with black flats. Standing up on her toes, her five year old hands simply couldn't reach the shelf the doll sat on. As if on cue, a hand snatched the doll off the shelf. She turned to see a far too familiar face, that belonged to a caramel skinned, dark haired, eleven year old boy. Her heart skipped a beat, as positive as (Y/N), she was looking forward to never seeing him again.

"O-oh, hi Ryuu!" She stuttered out. The older male paid her no mind, he only examined the doll in his hand, yet a devilish smirk was spread across his face. (Y/N) frantically searched her mind for what do say, she couldn't just walk away he was holding the doll she longed to have. She was too afraid to ask for it back, on account what he has done to her in the past. She stole a nervous glance back at Hizashi to make sure he was there. It seemed he had knocked down toy trains off of the shelf, he was picking them up off the ground and placing them back into the shelf.

"You got adopted? That's awesome!" She had to strain her vocal cords just to get the small sentence out. (Y/N) anxiously fidgeted with the sleeve of her sweat shirt, not daring to even make eye contact with Ryuu. The boy tore his gaze away from the doll and planted, more like shot it at (Y/N). She resisted the urge to flinch at the piercing blue eyes, burning holes in her         (E/C) ones. The boy angrily snarled and tightened his grab on the doll until the button eyes threatened to pop out of the stitching.

"No, Fukitsuna," he said through gritted teeth, "I'm here with Aiko," he growled, throwing a thumb in the direction of the platinum blonde girl speaking to Shouta. Even from a distance, it was easy to tell Shouta was highly uncomfortable with the situation at hand. (Y/N) felt the anxiety bubble up in her stomach, when she felt a hand rest on her shoulder. She looked up to see Hizashi kneeling beside her at Ryuu's height. His smile was toned down to a rare small grin.

"Hey little listener! You (Y/N)'s friend?" The man asked cheerfully. The boy's face morphed into disgust as if he was just asked to reach into spoiled milk to retrieve a ring. Hizashi's smile fell slightly and he faced (Y/N). Her eyes were staring at the floor, it was obvious to the naked eye she did not feel comfortable, or safe for that matter, with Ryuu. Hizashi took note of that and picked up (Y/N), she buried her face in the crook of his neck relieved that she would no longer have to deal with the boy. Hizashi gave Ryuu a bright smile, the boy scoffed. He threw the doll onto the ground and kicked it, then walked away in the direction of Aiko and Shouta.

(Y/N) lifted her head and let out a sigh of relief. Ryuu was no longer there and she was happy about that. Hizashi faces humus daughter, a mix of emotions were displayed on his face like different colors of paint on a canvas.

"You okay there little listener?" He questioned.       (Y/N) nodded. She didn't want to get into detail about why she looked so uncomfortable around him, it would go back two and a half years. None of her experiences involving him were pleasant. It sent a cold shudder down her spine, thinking of her and the other kids at the orphanage. All of the bone chilling threats and assaults, it was truly a miracle to her when she was adopted.

Shouta was glancing around, completely blocking out the girl's endless chatter. He was never fond of teenagers, and often questioned his choice to become a high school teacher. His mind was pulled back to reality when he saw Ryuu walk up to Aiko and lean against the shelf. Shouta couldn't help but shoot a sharp glare to the boy. The girl paused just for a moment to greet the boy, then went back to speaking to Shouta.

Much to his relief, his husband came up to him moments later holding (Y/N). Aiko turned to Hizashi and smiled to which he smiled back. Shouta wanted to beat himself over the head with a baseball bat as Aiko began to speak to Hizashi, and he knew it would take a while. (Y/N) turned to the shelf and spotted a (F/C) (F/A), she grabbed it from the shelf and studied it. Now being able to look at it in peace without Ryuu interrupting her, she gave it a hug. Shouta took note that she loved the toy and looked at Hizashi. He placed a hand on his shoulder and gestured to (Y/N), Hizashi nodded.

"So uh, were going to go bring little (Y/N) home now," he concluded awkwardly. Aiko was caught off guard by the sudden comment, but she nodded her head.

"Oh, okay! Bye (Y/N) we miss you!" (Y/N) waved goodbye. Shouta could feel the anger from the previous week bubble back up, like someone had turned up the heat on a stove. He dragged the two along. They paid for the toy and made their way to the car. (Y/N) loved her new toy, and they both loved their new daughter. But just not as much as Hizashi loved to trash Shouta's driving.

Pretty short and crappy, but it's been a crappy week. Anyhow, that concludes the second chapter. How'd you like it? Have any ideas for up coming chapters? Don't be shy, go ahead and ask.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

436K 15.5K 93
The story is about the little girl who has 7 older brothers, honestly, 7 overprotective brothers!! It's a series by the way!!! 😂💜 my first fanfic...
176K 4.6K 20
Your daughter runs off while you were in the middle of grocery shopping because she spotted Max, her favourite driver. Meeting you, Max wants to know...
9.4M 307K 52
"you're all mine; the hair, the lips, the body, it's all mine." highest previous rankings: - #1 in jimin - #1 in pjm - #1 in btsfanfic cover by: @T...
558K 34.2K 98
Kira Kokoa was a completely normal girl... At least that's what she wants you to believe. A brilliant mind-reader that's been masquerading as quirkle...