gold & lilacs

By VolcanicDaisy

Human nature is all about trying to fit into the normality of society despite its own simplicity and complica... More

Foreword
Prologue
I
II
III
IV
V
VI
VII
VIII
IX
X
XI
XII
XIII
XIV
XV
XVI
XVII
XVIII
XIX
XX
XXI
XXII
XXIII
XXIV
XXV
XXVI
XXVII
XXVIII
XXIX
XXX
XXXI
XXXII
XXXIII
XXXIV
XXXV
XXXVI
XXXVII
XXXVIII
XXXIX
XL
XLI
XLII
XLIII
XLIV
XLVI
XLVII
XLVIII
XLIX
L
LI
LII
LIII
LIV
LV
LVI
LVII

XLV

344 48 59
By VolcanicDaisy

| “you're weird”

I frown when they call me pretty. I laugh when they give me dirty looks. This is the system of misinterpreted words whose true meanings remain sealed behind the crooked smiles. Here the most twisted words have the most beautiful layouts.

“She's too thick.” How is she ever going to fit?
“She's thin as a matchstick.” How is she ever going to protect herself?
“I'm tired.” I don't have time.
“I've got you.” I'm going to ruin you.
“You're pretty.” I can easily get my way with you.
“Trust me.” I'll make sure you never trust anyone again.
“I love you.” I think I do.

This system functions at an irregular pace. Too quick at equating having big breasts to being a slut but too slow at cutting ‘pretty’ from ‘beautiful’.

“You're pretty.” Oh well, I think I am beautiful. Thanks though.

This is the system where you enter the word ‘curves’ and you get the output ‘ugly’ and when you repeat with ‘plastic’, it turns to ‘perfection’.

Tight dress? She's such a whore.
Baggy dress? She's too depressed.
Tough? That man is a wall.
Tears? He's so emotional. He needs to man up.

“Run, run, run.”
“But let me crawl first.”
“Crawl.”
“But I've got wings. I'm ready to fly.”
“Fly.”
“But was it you who cut my wings while I was sound asleep in the apparent safety of your arms?”

Now you see that Alice's Wonderland was not a dream but half reality. Forever sometimes really lasts for only a second. The world is too big and we are too small until we get high, not on liquids and powders, but on our own convictions, and the world shrinks against us.

This is our system. Our society. This is why I frown when they call me pretty and laugh when they give me dirty looks.

This is why I take weird as a compliment.

“really? thanks.” |

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

28.8M 914K 49
[BOOK ONE] [Completed] [Voted #1 Best Action Story in the 2019 Fiction Awards] Liam Luciano is one of the most feared men in all the world. At the yo...
352K 5.7K 39
๐Ÿ”นHeadcanons for Bucciarati gang๐Ÿ”น (including xreader) **Note** i will refer to their s/o as you (i will be rarely using s/o or y/n) โน๏ธ Discontinued...
9.9M 499K 199
In the future, everyone who's bitten by a zombie turns into one... until Diane doesn't. Seven days later, she's facing consequences she never imagine...
9.6K 1.6K 131
Fragments from my life. ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Dear reade...