My Enduring Existence

By Halcyonic

(BOOK 1: Exist) "My biggest secret...is me...my biggest secret is my existence." I swallowed the lump in my t... More

My Enduring Existence
Chapter 1: Sketchy Start
Chapter 2: The Lying Truth
Chapter 3: The Start of Pleasant Surprises
Chapter 4: Caught and Saved (Part 1)
Chapter 5: Caught and Saved (Part 2)
Chapter 6: Date, Feelings & Confusion
Chapter 7: Better said than Done
Chapter 8: Chasing the Rush
Chapter 9: Birthday Specials
Chapter 10: Not This way
Chapter 11: Rebounding Relations
Chapter 12: Bitter-Sweet Sleepover
Chapter 13: He's a jerk
Chapter 14: Promises are meant to be Broken
Chapter 15: Mutual Feelings
Chapter 16: Action speaks louder than words
Chapter 18: Dalliot Progress
Chapter 19: The Catch
Chapter 20: For Nothing
Chapter 21: More Secrets To Know
Chapter 22: As Together
Chapter 23: The Enduring Experience (Part 1)
Chapter 24: The Enduring Experience (Part 2)
Chapter 25: The Final Goodbye
Chapter 26: Metal Clatting Against Skin
Chapter 27: Inside The Locked Caves
Chapter 28: Barking up the wrong tree
Chapter 29: Knocked Up
Chapter 30: Hidden Confessions
Chapter 31: Finally Home
Chapter 32: Decisions at Lunch
Chapter 33: From Now Until Forever
:: Epilogue ::

Chapter 17: Freedom Temporarily

209 8 2
By Halcyonic

1 word

2 syllables

3 people involved

FREEDOM!

I can not believe my parents left me alone in the house. Alone. That means they both and Andy and blair, also known as the existing family has gone for the book fair today which is in the nearby town. It's necessary to attend that because that's where they get the student's school supplies and books. But I wasn't really expecting that Mom would've left me home. But no, she just casually told me that they are going to the book fair but told me one last warning that crushed my dreams and plans. Don't even take one step out of the house. I promised. Her words are what that are restraining myself to even open the front door. Oh, did I mention that Dan didn't even take a second and he was out of the door after my family's departure. It would've been peaceful fot Elliot to go out too but too bad she has been sulking sad for the last few days.

As told before, no, no real progress has been made for Dalliot.

Morning was just as usual except for the fact that it was very windy outside but then again, I wasn't allowed to go outside. Sighing, I dragged my feet towards my room and took out the letter that Mason last sent me, again sinking in the feeling of meeting him soon but I'm taking my time and not making it anytime soon. I bet he wouldn't even remember that there is yet an Evelyn to discover. I heard a knock on the my bedoom door and tilted my head towards it to see a better view of who was awaiting my attention.

"What do you want?" It came out as a hoarse whisper because that was the first word I spoke since I was lost in the last thirty minutes of Mason's letters.

"Well...we can't just sit around here while the Nature is calling us outside, now can we?" She grinned and I looked away disappointing.

"I can't, I promised-" I was cut off by Elliot's groaning.

"Break it." She said irritably. It reminded me of how the other day I told Dan that promises are meant to be broken. Yeah with age fellows, not with parents. I thought. Looking at Elliot's face I found hint of excitement and a glow that is the first time I have seen on her since days. I turn my head back down and shake it almost immediately regretting it but knowing that it's the right choice.

I hear her silent and slow footsteps retreating my room. In one swift moment I rise up before changing my mind and accepting the risk that might worth be something.

"Count me in."

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"When I said count me in, I actually never thought this was your plan." I said exasperated and Elliot's grin broke from her face before it re-appered again.

"Oh quit whining. The last thing you want is to get caught by the police." She reasoned and I knew she couldn't be more right.

Right now, we were in the middle of a very old town square, if that's what you want to call it because it is filled with old houses, old people working, no kids and old transport means. There were cars, but really old-fashioned and simple, much for my liking though. The sweet scent of jasmine flowers tickled my nose and I smiled almost unconsciouly. It made my point of view on life totally change, in an instant. This kind of smell refreshens your mood and spirals your mind in an euphoric bliss of positive attitude. I was quickly withdrawn with my current sad thoughts of actually enjoying life as a freed prisoner. How irononic, but I'm being positive and if it means having full fledged freedom then let it be.

"Where to?" Elliot's quiz snaps me back to reality and I smile and point to the flower shop that we just passed a few seconds ago. Elliot raised her eye brows at me but before she could object, I was already setting for the place.

The flowers were of such a great and amazing variety that I was drawn into the state of pure happiness. I tried impossible ways of making some kind of pattern with way that the flowers were being oredered. I finally gave up and looked up to see an old man and an old lady casually sitting on two porch seats just enjoying each other's presence even by indulging themselves in different activities. It was clear from their faces that they were very happy with how the life was treating them and how they are treating life. Even in this old age, they seemed healthy and satisfied enough with being how much wealthy, as they were now.

I cleared my throat to grab their attention and smiled warmly at them. They seemed almost too much surprised to see two young girls wandering in their shops and offfering great hospitality. I don't blame them, I mean how offer do you see two teenagers of today shopping in an area full of old people and old trends. It hardly happens. They immediately got up from their seats and fumbled their way around the flower plants to come to me. The old man smiled at me while the lady gave me a toothless grin. I mean it, it really was toothless.

"Um....do you have a jasmine flower bouquet?" I asked in a low voice, while keeping my eyes on anything but them. It was hard to look at their intense and surprised gazes so it was best not to look at them at all.

"What do you say?" The old man spoke in a gruffy voice then cleared his throat and turned to the lady. "What'd she say?" I played with my fingers and tried answering again but the lady broke me off.

"She asks for a tangerine beret?" The lady says unsure, in a british accent. This made no sense. How can a beret be tangerine, unless it's of that color. I shake my head and tried to say it louder this time.

"No, I said jasmine bouquet, do you have it?" They heard me intently then made an 'oh' sound together and I nodded, faking a smile. The both wandered off without giving me a glance. Confused, I looked at Elliot and she has her mouth hung open. I chuckle humourlessly and Elliot mouthed 'what the hell'. Keeping the thought of the old couple ignoring us, away. I roam around the stalls of flowers and look at the curiously at their shape and design. Elliot was just at the entrance, too scared to get beaten by a honeybee. I'm not goona lie, I was afraind of it too but the beauty of the flower was enough to captivate me away from the fear.

*****

I don't like to brag or anything but I can't wait around whole day for a bouquet of flowers. It's been already thirty-five minutes. I asked them if they had one,I didn't even asked them to give me one but it looks like they're growing one now. Elliot was long gone from the shop and in other vintage shops of clothing. Now thinking about it, I should've gone with her and come back later for the bouquet. Just picking up a random bouquet, I looked at the price and it wasn't that costly so I set the money on the counter and took off.

I searched around the shops to see a tall, blond and shimmering figure and I'm glad I found her in time to see chatting away with some old people and actually enjoying it. Elliot's never like the one to chat with old people, let alone strangers. She always feel disgusted so it was a surprise to see her actually making a conversation with the old ones. Then again, the new Elliot doesn't fail to surprise me now a days. I tap her shoulder and smile apologetically to the pair of old women and excuse Elliot away.

"Are those jasmie fowers?" Elliot asked me curiosuly and I frowned and shook my head. "They didn't come back uptil now?" I nodded and she simply laughed.

"I just took a random boquet, here you can have that." I offered her the boquet but she slapped my hand away.

"No thank you, I'm fine being not attracted by bees." She said sarcastically and we made our way to the car.

"Where to next?" Elliot asked clutching her seatbelt. I pondered for a few minutes then blurted out.

"Any park, maybe." Elliot nodded which was quite surprising and we took off.

I was actually quite happy with my plan. The park seemed really lonely. Hardly anyone came here, maybe or is it because the kids are all away on the book fair. Whatever the case was, I was happy that there were less people here. Me and Elliot were just strolling in the park and after only fifteen minutes of the peaceful walk, Elliot gave up and sat down on the bench. Being in the mood to walk, I walked away and telling her that I'll catch up with her later.

The amazing wind was blowing my hair in a backward position which was kinda soothing but since I had the hoodie on, it didn't really matter although the bad thoughts kept winding away. After a while I also find a place under a tree and sit cross-legged on the grass and ducked my face in my knees. My mind wandered off on how will I meet Mason and what excuse do I have to tell my parents to get away with it. Surely, they won't let me go out in the afternoon so it's obvious that they already would have a questionnaire planned for me. How will it be to tell him the truth? How will be his reaction? Will he walk away? Or maybe stay? That's a stupid thought, it's obvious that he's gonna walk away because there's no reason for him to stay. It will be hard and challenging, I know but he deserves the truth.

My deep thoughts were interrupted by hissing sounds on the grass. At first I ignored it because of the wind but then it got much closer to me. Sounds of feet dragging on the grass and heavy breaths of a man. I kept my head in my knees not daring to look up but the noises were getting more closer now. Get up and run. My mind kept telling me that but my body said otherwise. Is it a robber? Or a rapist maybe? Oh my gosh, that thought's a little too far away but seeing as the park is empty, no rapist would think twice of taking me away. I just hope I look like a guy right now. There was another thing in my mind. If the rapist has came the same track as mine, does that mean...he has Elliot? This just sets me off and I get to my feet but stop immediately to the person in front of me. He was

Not a rapist. That was obvious.

Because I don't think any rapist would have a suitcase with him and a N.Y.C cap on his head. The guy gave me a warm smile and I put my head down. In case if he is some kind is a police officer on a secret mission to take suspicious girls away. Because I kinda look like one right now.

"I'm sorry, I just wanted to ask if you know where this person lives?" the guy tried to give me a note but I just stared at it, thinking that if I touch it, maybe he'll be able to manipulate me then put handcuff's on my wrists. The guy felt awkward because he let his hand slide down. I look at him and he was looking around, probably thinking who to ask next, if he isn't an officer. He looks at me and I gave him an apologetic smile and put my palm in front of me to take his piece of paper. The guy looked at me suspiciously, probably thinking me as some mad street hawker but hands it to me anyways. The paper showed the adress which seemed really familiar but that was unless I looked at the name below. Mason Patrick. My eyes went wide and I quickly shook my head.

"How did you ended up being here?" I blurted out anyway. The guy chuckled.

"I actually....some taxi dropped me off here. I don't know why? This is my friend and he has changed his house a few months ago so I actually don't know..." he trailed off but I understood his meaning. Wait what? His friend? Mason's friend? Is it Chris? The guys Mason told me about in his letter, his friend? I looked at him narrowing my eyes. I was about to say something but I quickly shut my mouth. I can't ask him that because I know he'll ask me how I know and I can't even tell him that.

Poor guy. He must actually be lost. I think for a minute before I know that it is the right choice and as the guy was walking back I called after him. He turned his back on me and I smile a bit.

"I think we might be able to give you a ride."

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"He's hot." Elliot gushed and I rolled my eyes. This is her. Totally forgetting that she likes Dan. She looks at my face because she drew a breath and continued irritated. "It's not a crime to think somebody's hot."

"Just drop him off at Mason's and come back right home." I ordered her and she stared at me in confusion for a minute before I snapped at her. "What?"

"Why aren't you coming?" she thought for a second before opening her mouth again. "Wait scratch that, why can't you come?" she asked me, making a pout but I ignored it.

"I can't and you know why." I spoke lowly hoping that Chris won't hear me from behind.

Elliot crossed her arms and looked away from me.

"Fine, if you're not coming then I'm not dropping him." My head snaps in her direction but she had a fixed posture. I stammered for a while before making the words come out of my mouth.

"Oh c'mon, please Elliot?"

"No."

"I said please!"

"And I said no."

"Why do you want me to come?"

"Because I don't want to face my ex alone." She had a fairly good point there. I knew that if I was in her place, I would never go to me ex's house. Sighing and admitting defeat, I carry on walking with Chris right behind me following us with closed mouth and head down like a good puppy. He seemed genuinely nice and he was good looking too. I wonder if he is single. There goes my train of thoughts to love topia. Oh Mason, the things you taught me.

"Fine. Then I would not get out of the car."

"Wouldn't it be the same as facing my ex alone?" When did she start becoming so genius?

"Your choice."

I said my last sentence after that until we arrived at Mason's house. Through out the ride, Chris and Elliot kept talking and getting to know eachother. I was right, he really is Mason's bestfriend, Chris. The same guy who will be going to university with him. I wanted to talk too but I didn't want myself to get to carried away with the conversation in any way possible so I just kept quite. The sun was setting in the horizon and my panic was rising with each minute. We should really get back home now. It's getting too late.

Finally arriving at Mason's large mansion, Elliot and Chris went up to his doorstep while I kept my head low in the car and waited for them. The last thing I want is go get encountered by him or his stupid house security. I keep wondering why he has so much security in his house. I should have since my Dad's a digger.

My mind wandered off to why am I helping this guy. I barely know him and him being Mason's friend is no excuse. Then my mind spoke up, I think my heart did but whatever, you get the point. 'you miss him'. Him? Him who? It's possible it means Mason because I'm not gonna lie. I'm truly missing his beautiful face. Just peeking from the window, I can see him wearing a simple T shirt and a beanie. The beanie hung loosely on his head made him look a thousand times more adorable. His smile. It just made me smile unknowingly. I ducked back in my seat and sighed dreamily. Stupid me. Stupid heart of mine.

It wasn't long until Elliot came back but I still had my head down until we took an exit from his house. I adjusted myself in my seat and Elliot handed me a box which I looked too happy to receive it.

"He gave you this?" I asked even though I already knew the answer. He's so sweet for remembering it. That still doesn't change my mind on how he is such a jerk. But thinking about it now, I kinda lost the loathe I felt for him a week ago. It just swept away, it is actually pretty hard to stay mad at him now since I got my gift back from him. I guess I actually forgive him, even if I would never admit it, even though he never actually apologized much, even though he never gave some reasonable explanation. Deep down inside, I knew I have forgiven him.

"Yeah he did. Why did he gave you this?" I shrugged my shoulders unknowingly.

"An early birthday gift...maybe." I didn't want to tell Elliot about the whole sleepover drama so I just made that up hoping she wouldn't ask much but she did anyways.

"Why an iPhone, it's pretty expensive." That's what I asked myself the moment he gave me this. I thought but didn't say it.

"I don't know actually." Elliot dropped the subject. "Add me in." I nodded.

"To home?"

I nodded again.

"To home." I repeated. Just rewinding back to the morning, I'm actually glad that I accepted Elliots's offer of going out for being refreshed. It took my mind off a few things and I actually met Chris and I even gave him the bouquet of flowers, just saying that I had no one else to give it too. He was actually quite please with it since he said that merrygold's are his favorite flowers. I met up with some odd couple of flower selling old people that were quite nice and thankful. But what I'm really happy about is getting my gift back. It still doesn't change the thought of trying it to hide away from my family.

"Hey Elliot, my family does not need to know about it, okay?" I gestured towards the iPhone and she nodded, giggling. The ride back home was peaceful and nice with some wind from outside. Just before five minutes of arriving my pants buzzed. Before I could think straight, I screamed and started jumping up and down. Elliot was shouting at me to calm down but I was too caught up in the moment of a bee in my pants.

"It's your phone, idiot!" Elliot shouted at me and I calmed down immediately then looked down guiltily.

"Oh....really?" I looked at my phone which showed '1 new message' on the screen. I looked lower and slid the arrow with my index finger then clicked on the inbox to see a message from...

Mason? How did he get my number. That's when a thought clicks in mind, of course it's possible he has added it himself.

I opened the text message.

"Thanks for dropping my friend @ my house ;)"

________________________________________________________________________________

Hello fannies. Hope you liked the chapter. More surprises are coming soon so hope you all like it. And please comment. idk why I'm losing views and comments but if you have any suggestion please tell.

Vote/comment/share

YOLO

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

196K 7.6K 35
"Why do you care?" I whispered out. "I worry about you and I have no clue why," he explained honestly which did make my heart sink a little. -_-_-_...
THE CURSE LOVE By Shadiyah

Mystery / Thriller

552 10 27
He pulls me closer to him and stares at me as if he wanted to express everything he wanted to. He holds my waist, moves his soft hands on my body, gr...
835 79 21
"Oh no I'm really dead!! I'm talking to an immortal!!" ** ** ** When a little girl grows up not knowi...
45 9 9
Everyone has their own perspective,from their own camera... Keira Emberson is a 16 year old girl going thru some shit. Everyone thinks her life's pi...