Mafiatale - An Eye For An Eye...

By _fransfics_

HERE IT IS! Mafiatale! NOT MY AU! My own version. SANSXFRISK They my OTP. I hope you like this story! Another... More

Prologue
Chapter 1:
Chapter 2:
Chapter 3:
Chapter 4:
Chapter 5:
Chapter 6:
Chapter 7:
Chapter 8:
Chapter 9:
Chapter 10:
Chapter 11:
Chapter 12:
Chapter 13:
Chapter 14:
Chapter 15:
Chapter 16:
Chapter 18:
Chapter 19:
Chapter 20:
Chapter 22:
Chapter 23:
Chapter 24:
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Gosh I know...
End Story Notes

Chapter 21:

1.3K 83 79
By _fransfics_

*Third POV*

A day had passed since Asgore had sent Frisk and Sans on their way.

Talia, of course, delivered the files to Frisk so that she may work on them right away, and she did with much speed.

As she worked, she began to wonder if Sans was going to continue his "strategy" with her. She glanced at the black notebook inside her drawer, and she stared at it for a long while, already finished with writing more notes on him.

Now that she was a part of the team, she was going to have to give information willingly, (not that she minded that as much anymore, except giving it to Sans still felt bothersome). However, the last time Sans had tried to get information from her, both were disappointed in what the other gave as an answer.

The only information he was after was whether or not Frisk knew Capture and the Traitor?

Frisk could see how that was disappointing, and she felt a great peace with being a part of the team, (even though she knew everyone on the team didn't trust her in a way).

Then again, she didn't trust them either.

But setting everything aside, the main reason she wanted to continue 'Eye for an Eye' was because she wanted dearly to get information from Sans. 

Her life work revolved around him; whether or not she worked for Cortex. For years she had tried to get his information, and for years she had failed. It suddenly felt so easy now, and she started to pin more facts on him than ever before.

Asking him more questions would be the only way to continue this.

Of course, this meant he would have to ask her questions too.

But what did she have to hide from him?

Even if they weren't particularly fond of each other, she noticed they were beginning to share a friendly interest towards each other.

At least Frisk was.

Frisk swallowed down these thoughts and wondered why she would even try to escape. She had everything she needed in the mansion; food, comfort, a caring goat mom that would help her in anyway, a strong leader that is willing to stand up for her - and most importantly - protection from Cortex.

What was making her feel so uneasy?

Her question was answered when she heard the sudden click and swish of her door opening. 

A small sliver of her heart hoped it was Sans, (for... some reason) but she was disappointed and a bit alarmed to find Chara folding her arms and leaning against the door frame with a frown.

Frisk stood up and turned to face her, unsure of what Chara needed, but before she could get one word out, Chara snapped, "I know what you're up to."

There was a tense silence, and Frisk shut her open mouth, staring at Chara with an expression she hoped the demon couldn't read.

When Frisk didn't answer, Chara continued, "I know that you're just getting us to trust you, before you escape for good. Even if I don't agree with adding you to the team, you would be valuable to the rest of The Underground. And to Cortex."

The girl narrowed her eyes as Frisk gulped down her questions, then Chara snarled, "I honestly think you're a spy. Don't try to disagree with me, I know something is wrong with you. And let me tell you-"

Chara took a pause so that she could walk up to Frisk, causing the information expert to step back until her butt hit the desk, and Chara was only inches away from her, red eyes flaming.

"If you do anything to jeopardize this team - You'll be dead where you stand."

Frisk held herself back from saying anything, knowing that it would only make Chara more angry. She also knew it would do no good to convince Chara away from her claim.

The only thing Frisk could do was listen, and agree.

She wasn't planning on hurting anyone on the team, but after what Chara said, she was determined to never let it happen.

Her eyes flicked to the security cameras, and she wondered if anyone was watching.

Then she wondered if anyone cared.

Chara left as quickly as she came, and when the door was shut, Frisk realized she had been threatened.

Just like what Cortex would do.

Finally, Frisk found the source of why she was uneasy.

Because she would never be accepted there.

During that day, Sans had finished notifying Alphys on the information, and he found himself once again, in Grillby's bar.

He stared at the flame man before him, and a silence hung in the air as both dared the other to speak. 

Sans couldn't help feeling the slightest bit responsible for their awkward silence, and he recalled their last conversation with a slight wince. 

Finally, he tried breaking the ice with, "So... Are ya gonna offer me a drink or what?"

He gave a weak smile but was disappointed when Grillby slammed a shot of ketchup on the counter, then went back to cleaning a cup without a word.

"Oh come on Grillby!" Sans sighed, holding his head in his hands, "I know I messed up and I'm sorry about what I said about Muffet, but we don't need to act like two high school girls in the midst of fighting!"

Grillby rolled his eyes and glared down at the cup he was washing, holding back his grumbles of disagreement and anger.

Noticing this, Sans gave another weak smile and said, "Ya know, buddy, we would probably make two pretty hot girls."

He held back a chuckle and shot finger guns as he tried, "Heh, but you would definitely be hotter than me...!"

Waiting for a laugh, Sans stared, holding his smile and guns as if they would help convince Grillby to laugh.

Except no laugh came, and Sans felt his hands lower along with his smile in disappointment.

He knew it would take a lot to take Grillby off a grudge, and he tried to remember where the argument came from in the first place. He remembered what he said about Muffet, and then he remembered what Grillby had said about Frisk.

Grillby had every right to be angry at him. 

He was always complaining and talking about Frisk. When was the last time he listened to Grillby?

Maybe... if he admitted to Grillby that he liked-

"Are you coming onto me, Sans?"

Sans paused his thoughts (gladly too, he didn't know exactly where they were leading) and looked at Grillby in surprise, and he thought over what the fiery man had said.

Then he grinned and chuckled, (a bit confused), "What?"

He caught Grillby's small smile, and Grillby explained, "You said I would be a hot girl, much hotter than you. Are you calling me hot, Sans?"

The two smiled, and Sans laughed a bit as he held up his shot in a salute, "The hottest, Grillby."

Finally Grillby let out a laugh, and Sans embellished the moment with a smile as he drank.

He took note of listening more to Grillby, and tried to think of better things to talk about than Frisk.

But for some reason... Sans just couldn't seem to get Frisk out of his mind.

Even though he wanted to.

It was Friday.

Johnathan opened the door to his daughter's room, and he peeked inside to make sure she was asleep.

His eyes blinked at the sight of how much pink filled the room, and he struggled to find Arianna's head under all the stuffed animals.

But there she was, her face wearing a smile that hid under the pink blanket, reaching her chin. 

Johnathan felt his heart warm, and he gave a smile as he pulled the door quietly shut. 

Not only two seconds after, Johnathan heard a tiny voice call from inside the room, calling softly, "Papa?"

He stopped, and looked at the door. He opened it again slowly and peeked once more inside, his figure large compared to the door frame he stood in, his eyes suddenly softer than they had ever been before, and he looked at his daughter who was sitting up in her bed. He cooed back, "Yes sweet-pea?"

The child rubbed her eyes and mumbled, "I want a glass of water..."

Johnathan nodded gently, and he smiled with the reply, "Alright sweet-pea, I'll get you a drink of water, hang tight."

With that he turned and headed down the hallway, into the kitchen where he found a cup ready to go on the table. He took it in his cold hands and moved it to the faucet, turning it on and watching the water flow into the cup.

As he watched the water pore, his ears stayed alert, and suddenly he heard the small click of a familiar coin he had heard many times before.

Unsure of what the sound was at first, Johnathan whipped around to face the living room (which was connected to the kitchen) and he grabbed out his gun from his back pocket, (finding himself never without one).

He pointed it into the darkness, and his face turned back to stone, his eyes cold and glaring.

Instead of speaking, Johnathan waited for the other person to make another sound, and he felt the water pour over his hand as the cup over flowed. Yet he wouldn't break his gaze.

Capture stepped forward into the light of the kitchen, a grin plastered across his face with the coin glistening in the light. He looked at Johnathan in amusement and said, "Do you dare to shoot me, Johnathan?"

Lowering the gun, Johnathan kept his expression and shut off the faucet, setting the cup on the counter before turning back to Capture with a snarl.

"What do you want?" He asked quietly, hoping Arianna couldn't hear them.

Picking up on this, Capture moved his voice to be softer as he replied, "I was only checking in, and I'm glad I did. I wanted to make sure you were getting ready to receive Frisk and not... Getting water for your... little girl..."

A wicked smile crossed Capture's face, and Johnathan narrowed his eyes as he said, "I'm working on it. After this I'll be getting ready to leave, and Frisk will be with you in no time."

"I should hope so..." Capture said, walking closer to the cup of water. Johnathan almost stopped him, scared of what the crime lord would do. "Because if not... This could be the last cup of water Arianna drinks..."

Johnathan took the cup in his hands and nodded, grumbling, "Be patient, I'll get it done."

Capture glared, still smiling, "I'm not patient. But I trust you will."

He turned and walked out of the kitchen and back into the living room, grabbing a hold of the library books Johnathan left on the coffee table. 

"Thank you for getting these for me," he said, smiling as he moved to the door. "They will come in handy."

The door shut, signalling Capture's leave.

Arianna called once more for Johnathan, and he waited only a second longer before turning and bringing the cup to her.

"Were you talking to someone...?" Arianna asked as she took large gulps of water.

Johnathan shook his head and when she finished, he took the cup from her and smiled, replying, "No, sweet-pea. I wasn't talking to anyone."

Arianna nodded and laid down to rest again.

Johnathan watched her for a moment before heading out of the room.

And after he succeeded, he would never have to talk to that person again.

*************

A/N: 

Two chapters in a row because I'm feeling determined!

I know I'm a bit rusty (I apologize) and I highly recommend re-reading the book to understand or catch on to things that may have been missed. (Thats what I had to do.)

I hope you enjoyed this chapter!

And thank you all again for the support!

NEXT CHAPTER IS WHERE SH*T GOES DOWN!

AND THINGS GO NUTS!

I CAN'T WAIT!

Thank you for reading!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

298 2 5
If you haven't read the other one, that's okay! This is mainly to fix timeline problems and mistakes on my part that don't make sense!
94.7K 1K 23
This is a book of Undertale Oneshots (If you couldn't already tell). Well i accept requests so just comment what you want! (I'm still thinking about...
578K 25.6K 66
FRANS This is a request and I have been really exited to start writing it! I really hope you like it! Echotale is not my AU! Neither is Jailtale! Thi...
83.9K 7.2K 54
I have an Idea for an Undertale AU. And apparently, it's a good idea? So here, have a book. --- Long ago, two races ruled the earth. But when a plagu...