Love starts after Nikkah

By I-m-laiba

Every girl, whether she is confident or not, at time of nikkah, become hesitated to say yes. The feeling that... More

Chapter 1- In University
Chapter 2- Freelancing
Chapter 3-Detention!
Chapter 4-Honour Killing
Chapter 5-In Marriage!
Chapter 6- In Marriage part 2
Chapter 7-False Accusation
Chapter 9- Marriage Announcement
Chapter 10- Nikkah (Part 1)
Chapter 11-Nikkah (part 2)
Chapter 12- Rude But Caring
Chapter 13-Accusations!
Chapter 14-Marriage
Chapter-15- Rude Sahir
Chapter 16-Planning Of Honeymoon
Chapter 17- Honeymoon Part 1
Chapter 18- Honeymoon Part 2
Chapter 19-Past
Chapter 20-Post Martial Depression
Chapter 21-Personal Branding
Chapter 22-Love In Air
Chapter 23-Song
Chapter 24- Dinner
Chapter 25-Zahra
Chapter 26-Distance
Chapter 27- Rain
Chapter 28-Zahra's Confession
Chapter 29-Fatima Marriage
Chapter 30- Revealations
Last Chapter- Happy Ending?
Sequel- Forbidden Love
Good News for LSAN Lovers

Chapter 8- Marriage Proposal

23.4K 811 70
By I-m-laiba

Moon was peeking into the room of Sahir where he was lying on his bed, scrolling his Instagram feed. Instantly, someone knocked on the door at which he dropped his mobile.

"Dad, the door is open." 

Mr. Sikandar entered the room with a bright smile. 

"What were you doing?"

"Checking my competitors on Instagram."

Mr. Sikandar hummed while relaxing on the bed. 

"How was today's dinner?" Mr. Sikandar asked at which a frown settled on Sahir's face. 

"It was good. Why?" His sixth sense was giving him a red alarm. 

"I saw it when Saba was serving you juice. I also have seen how much you were disturbed because of this incident." Mr. Sikandar said at which Sahir nodded his head.

"Yes, I am disturbed. Uncle Akram was ill, also Saba was disturbed. This thing was making me feel guilty."

"Was it only guilt? Nothing else?"

"What else could it be?" He chuckled and asked.

"No. It shouldn't be anything else." Mr. Sikandar shook his head and replied.

There was silence in the room for some time. It seemed that Mr. Sikandar was in deep thought and this was making Sahir anxious. 

"So Sahir, from tomorrow, we both are going to see your first marriage proposal." 

Sahir took a helpless sigh and nodded his head.

"So, you want to tell me this?" 

"No, my son. The real bomb is yet to blast." Mr. Sikandar chuckled at which curiosity took him.

"What?"

"What about Saba?"

"Dad! She is my student!" 

"She is a girl who is suffering because of you." 

"So, you want me to be a knight in shining armor for her." He asked with bitterness.

"Nah!" Mr. Sikandar frowned. "I know not any man has these guts, especially you. We have to marry you, so why not with the daughter of my friend? Why some stranger's families?"

"Yar, she is my student." Irritation was evident in his tone.

"People who are accusing her because of you don't give importance to this fact, Sahir. This fact can spoil her life. You know our society."

Mr. Sikandar took a deep sigh and added.

"You will always remain guilty which will kill your happiness. But, it is only a suggestion. The last decision will be yours."

Mr. Sikandar stood from the bed and said.

"But what about love?" Sahir asked with helplessness.

"A man came to Hazrat Umar and said that he wants to divorce his wife because he doesn't love her. In the response, Hazrat Umar said, "What about the faithfulness of your wife? So, he wants to say that love is important but loyalty is much more important in marriage. If a person is not loyal to you, he doesn't deserve your love. Take your decision with a calm mind. Allah Hafiz."

Mr. Sikandar said and left the room. 

Leaning against the headboard, Sahir's gaze fell upon the peaceful moon. Instantly, the scene dissolved and the University lawn came in front of him.

Sahir, what are you performing on Literary Night?" A girl was asking him. They both were sitting on the floor with two plates of fries in front of them.

"I am thinking of hosting. Not in the mood of taking part in anything." 

"Okay! I am also confused." She replied.

"But, we both are going to dress in black and red. This is final." She said in a warning tone at which he chuckled.

"Sure."

Pain rippled in his orbs as he came back from the flashback. 

"These memories will never make me happy." He murmured helplessly.

……………………..

Class participation activity was going on in which students were researching the Renaissance era. The topic was going to start, so Sahir wanted all of the students to get acquainted with the terms themselves.

Instantly, a student entered the classroom and greeted him. Sahir turned toward her and nodded his head at her.

Saba salam him with a bright smile and went toward her seat. Iqra told her about the activity and she took out her mobile to start her work

During this whole time, Sahir remained quiet. He kept on gazing at Saba while his mind drifted toward the conversation with his father.

What about Saba?

She is a girl suffering because of you.

If a person is not loyal, he doesn't deserve your love.

Saba felt the gaze and raised her eyes to see him. He rapidly turned his orbs toward the other student.

She again started working while Sahir's mind was a hodgepodge of thoughts.

"Sir, we are done." A student called out,  causing him to come out of his daze.

"Yeah, okay." He nodded his head with a numb mind and pointed toward a student to share his points.

…………………

It was another marriage hall where Sahir and his family were attending a marriage. It was Sahir's cousin's marriage and all of his relatives were present there.

It was the same scene. Sahir was sitting in between his relatives who were discussing his profession and marriage with all their might. And in between them, he was trying to keep himself calm.

"What about that girl with whom you were present in the bridal room?"

An uncle asked him this question at which anxiety crept into his being.

"It was a misunderstanding, Uncle." And then he told him the whole incident.

"But the girl's cousin was saying that she went there deliberately." Another uncle added at which frustration took over him.

"I don't know about it." 

"The girl who did this was shameless. Today's girls have forgotten their moral values." One of the uncles commented, making him anxious.

"There must be a misunderstanding. The girl is an innocent one." Mr. Sikandar commented at which Sahir nodded his head.

"Then why was she in the room?"

This conversation was now making him furious. All of them were assuming things and speaking of it without considering the sensitivity of this issue.

"You have seen how our society is dealing with this issue." Mr. Sikandar said when they were in the car.

"We are listening so much. What about Saba's family? They will surely be facing hell." Mrs. Amna commented at which anxiety took over him.

"I thought that people would forget about it," Sahir said in a low tone with a smirk etched on Mr. Sikandar's face.

"People can easily forget their pains and issues, but can't forget other people's issues. Because one's own life's issues give tension while other people's issues give entertainment." Mr. Sikandar commented at which Sahir remained quiet. 

The next day, he was at the university, taking attendance when Iqra came near the dais.

"Sir, I want to request something." 

"Go ahead, Iqra." His eyes were on the computer where the attendance website was opening.

"Saba's father is in hospital. He had a heart attack. So…"

"What?" A loud what came out from his mouth while shock and fear pumped in his body. His eyes were rounded and his mind became numb. Iqra was saying something else too but his mind was unable to register anything.

"Sir, are you okay?" Iqra asked but he was not in the condition to reply. The whole class's eyes were on him and there was hushed silence in the class.

Someone offered him the water which he gulped and tried to compose himself. He was aware of his sensitive position and he couldn't risk any doubt.

"I am sorry. I am not feeling well, so I am unable to take the class. It is postponed." He announced in a shaky voice and took the briefcase.

"Take care, sir."

"Allah Hafiz"

A few students murmured while leaving the classroom. He stood there while his eyes were on Iqra who went back to her seat to take her handbag.

"Iqra" When she was going to leave, Sahir called her.

"Where is Saba's father right now?" He asked when she came near him.

She told him the name of the hospital and he nodded his head. Inwardly, his heart was shivering, and a lot of "what ifs" were lingering in his mind.

Above all, guilt was eating him up.

"They were listening to a lot from society." He murmured while helplessness took over him.

………………

After two hours, Sahir and Mr. Sikandar were walking in a hospital corridor with anxious expressions. At last, Saba and Mrs. Saima came into view, sitting on the bench and weeping. They both had beads in their hands on which they were doing tasbeeh.

"Aunty, how is Uncle now?" Sahir asked Mrs. Saima while eyeing Saba whose face was tear stricken and fearful. She stared at him and he saw tears swimming in almond-shaped orbs. Fear, restlessness, and pain were rippling in those orbs at which Sahir felt a tug in his heart. 

"He is in the operation theater. Thank you for coming but we can't afford your presence here."

Being a mother, she was worried for her daughter's reputation in such a condition too. 

Sahir felt that someone had poured cold water on him at her comment. In the whole hustle and bustle, he didn't realize that Saba's relatives could also be there. His orbs fell on Mr. Sikandar who was also feeling ashamed of his foolishness. 

"I am so sorry! I am unable to drive so I have to take Sahir with me. I am extremely sorry for it." Mr. Sikandar said at which Mrs. Saima nodded her head.

"Just pray for your friend. He needs our prayers." She murmured at which Mr. Sikandar nodded his head.

"We are going, but will be in touch with both of you." He said and stepped toward Saba to put an affectionate hand on her head.

"Take care, my daughter." He said as she nodded her head, tears broke down from her orbs and slipped on her cheeks.

Sahir gazed at her vulnerable condition with remorse and turned around to leave. 

But, to their dismay, some of the familiar faces were coming toward them. There were questions in their eyes and satirical smiles on their lips.

Saba saw those faces and turned her head in the other direction with hatred. At this moment, she just wants to focus on praying for her father.

"Why is he here?" The first thing her aunty asked was the question related to Sahir.

"He is here to ask about my father's health, who is currently in the operating theater and needs our prayers."

Before any person could reply to her, Saba replied bitterly. Silence hung there and remained till Sahir and Mr. Sikandar left.

……………..

Their ride home was a silent one. Sahir kept on peeking toward Mr. Sikandar's face where anxiety and consideration were present.

When he came into his room, his phone started beeping. Glancing at the screen, he saw Hisham's message.

"When are we going to launch a private Facebook group?" 

 This plan skipped from his mind after that incident. Taking a deep sigh, he tried to think about it but Saba's thoughts were only present in his mind.

"Postpone it. Kindly handle the account yourself. I am not in the condition to message you."

He replied and switched off his mobile.

"I am sorry but due to some personal issues, I am unable to complete your project." Saba messaged her client while sitting in the hospital lobby.

Instantly, Fiverr gave her the notification that her order had been canceled. 

And from here, her account needed double struggle and attention. Her response rate had increased to seven hours and her rating had also been affected.

But, this all was meaningless in front of her father's health.

She glanced at the ICU with depression and sadness.

Guilt was eating her up as she thought herself to be responsible for this disaster. 

Instantly, her mind went into flashback mode and everything turned into black and white.

"Baba, your soup is ready." Saba entered the room and said in an enthusiastic tone. But, the scene in the room was horrifying. Her father was lying on the bed with his hand on his chest and was calling their name in a low voice.

Shrieks emerged from her mouth and the soup bowl slipped from her hand. She ran toward her father whose face was painted with painful expressions.

His mobile was lying near his ear which meant he was talking on the phone before the heart attack.

Saba knew that any relative was using harsh words against her which caused this incident. A tear broke down from her orbs and her body started shivering due to sobs.

…………………..

Sahir came into the dining room, greeted his parents, and sat on a dining chair. Putting bread and egg on his plate, he started eating them.

While eating, he noticed that there was a dense silence looming over their heads. His parents were wearing serious expressions and were in deep thought. 

"What happened? " he asked, shattering the silence.

"Amna, After completing breakfast, start getting ready. We have to leave within a half hour" Mr. Silandar said, ignoring Sahir's question. And this rang a red alarm around him.

"Where are you going? "

"We are going to Akram's house to ask him for his daughter's hand for you........ And don't try to argue with me." Mr. Sikandar said with a firm tone when he saw him opening his mouth to speak.

"But dad how it is possible. How can you think like that? We are student teachers and how we can accept each other as a couple." Frustration and tiredness were in his tone. This situation was now making him tired and anxious.

"This thing is not a big deal."

"Dad! I am not ready. Still, I have to achieve a lot in my life, and have to become an entrepreneur." Sahir protested.

"You can do it even after getting married. No one will stop you or bind you. Amna go and get ready" Mr. Sikandar said and moved toward the T. V lounge. 

Anger was boiling in his mind and his jaw was set in a line. 

"Sahir, People started to doubt the girl's character due to that incident. She is the daughter of your father's best friend so please respect our decision. Please, my son." Amna put her hand on Sahir's hand. 

"But our relationship will confirm their doubts." His shoulders sank and he leaned to the back of the chair.

"They have already solidified their doubts and will never think otherwise of it. This thing will vanish the peace and happiness from Saba's life. At least, she will get a peaceful environment in our house where no one will doubt her character."

These words stopped his protest. Teary orbs and beautiful black hair flashed in front of his eyes, and his heart melted.

"Mom, I will respect your decision. But I am afraid that I am not able to take this responsibility and my plans are so much that maybe it is not an accurate time. Maybe, I will not be able to give a peaceful life to my spouse." Sahir shared his feelings to which Amna nodded her head.

"I understand you, my son. But believe in Allah. He will help you. With His help, you will be able to build a strong family foundation." She said while putting her hand on his arm.

Sahir gave a weak smile to her, but fears and doubts were making his heart sink. He could see a long and tough journey of life is going to start.

..............................

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

107K 5.9K 43
โœจ #1 in halallovestory on 10/30/2020 - 11/17/2020 โœจ "Were you ever, going to tell me about it? How can we be the same after all that's happened?" H...
101K 5.6K 32
AND WE CREATED YOU IN PAIRS (78:8) UNDER EDITING Note: IF YOU SEE ANY MISTAKE/ERROR PLEASE NOTIFY ME IN THE COMMENTS Thanks๐Ÿ˜˜ _______________________...
210K 13.4K 48
Most impressive ranking till date, #1 in spiritual out of 26.7k stories Date: 7/01/2021 ---- A muslim love story- "๐’€๐’๐’– ๐’‚๐’“๐’† ๐’‚ ๐’‰๐’‚๐’ƒ๐’Š๐’• ๐’‡๐’“๐’...
550K 24.3K 41
He was the Man who preferred darkness. She was the Woman who preferred brightness. He preferred Loneliness. She preferred Togetherness. He had suf...