The STD Trace

By Musiq4lyf

When Hannah Trimester's high school suffers from an outbreak of Chlamydia, she thinks it is her chance to wri... More

Prologue
1. Spy Gear Gets You Laid
2. Who Is the Blondest of Them All? That's Right, I Am!
3. Playing With Balls, Literally
4. Misunderstandings Lead to Frenching
5. Once You Go Black, You SO Want to Go Back
6. How to Lose a Friend to the Alien Ways of Manhood
7. Cray Cray Days and Relationship Games
8. The Winston Allure That Led to Girl Time
9. When All Comes Tumbling Down and Not in HD
10. Getting Down and Dirty... Under the Hood You Nasties!
11. Gucci, Gucci, Louis, Louis, Shopping for a Nicer Bootie
12. The Slut's Holiday That Became a Nightmare
13. T-T-Touch Me, I Want to Be Dirty
14. How Much Are We Talking?
15. Attack of the Virgins. They Go HAM!
16. I Mean Totally Rock Me Out, I Mean Right On!
17. What's Love Got to Do with It?
18. P is for Partner, I is for In, C is for Crime
19. Once a Dude, Always a Dude. Accepted.
20. Have You Ever Like Wanted to Die?
21. The Answer is in the Music
23. Meet the Scotts: Gobble Edition
24. Oh, Mickey, You So Fine
25. Why? Why? Why to the Freaking Why?
26. Just One Kiss
27. Merry Christmas
28. Girl, You Better Getchu a New Man
29. Goodbye Lover, Goodbye Friend
30. Everybody Hates Hannah
31. And I Thought the World Was Sane
32. The STD Trace
33. Here Comes the Bride, All Dressed in Wine
34. Starts with a P and Ends with an M
35. Oh Baby...You Just Keep Breaking My Heart
36. Operation: Stay STD Free
Epilogue
Special Thanks
Sequel

22. Tunnel of Love

39.7K 966 173
By Musiq4lyf

HEY. OMG 15 Chapters left aha :D They may start getting longer. Hope that's okay. Don't forge to nominate me for Best Title award. I will leave the link at the bottom :D ALSO YOU MUST VOTE VOTE VOTE Ha :D If you didn't last chapter, go back and do so and leave one here. I also ADORE your comments. You are all the best. Stay STD free and enjoy this chapter <3

Carnivals looked all cool and awesome on TV. I think everything looks cool and awesome on TV, but hey, whatever. My point was that carnivals weren’t really big balls of fun. In all honesty, it depended on who showed up. Kids from all the neighboring high schools usually ran the booths. For the past few years, I heard that student council and Key Club students were running them. That’s what I meant about it depending on who showed up. No one wanted to go to a kissing booth and kiss the school drooler or anything.

But this year…I think everyone wanted to live through their younger days all over again because there were tons of high schoolers walking around. I spotted Anna and Ashley giggling by the Ferris Wheel. Christina and her clique were flirting with the face painters. Omunique was too busy buying herself a fried Twinkie. I even saw Ryder by the Carousel. This was going to be a carnival to remember and I was seriously excited.

“This is so lame, can I go home? I could play Call of Duty or something,” Lucas whined. I rolled my eyes. He was such a baby and a big one too. Why couldn’t he just sit back and enjoy the carnival? Why couldn’t he be really chill and quiet?

“No, you are here to find a lover.” I pinched his arm.

“Ow! That’s what malls are for, Hans, to spot people to—”

“Get Chlamydia from, that’s what malls are for. Who finds the love of their life at the mall?” I crossed my arms.

“Who finds the love of their life at a carnival? In fact, who says love of their life? ‘Oh, I found the love of my life at a carnival.’ Goodbye to EHarmony, hello carnivals.” He snorted.

I narrowed my eyes at him and then smacked him in the back of the head. “Shut up!”

“God, I’m so sick of you hitting me. Finish your article, please! I am dying for you to go to college!”

“Whatever, you’d be hopeless without me, don’t be stupid.” I winked. He shoved me and Winston laughed.

Maggie and Alden were holding hands and giggling back and forth. They were the cutest thing to ever exist and it constantly kept a smile on my face to see them so happy. Winston kept making jokes about them, and I think he was being a typical brother that cared about his sister, but didn’t know how else to show it except by being mean. Brothers these days.

“Can we start hitting some attractions—I want to have something to remember?” Maggie rested her hands on her hips. I laughed. The girl was so demanding.

I led the way to the Tea Cups—one of my all-time favorites for it separated the men from the babies. I had a feeling Alden would stay calm, Lucas would talk a lot of mess and then scream like a baby, and Winston would just hurl afterwards. I’m usually pretty good at figuring out how people react on rides and things, so I’d bet money on this.

“You guys ready for this?” I smiled.

Lucas rolled his eyes. “Just get on the stupid ride— it’s freaking Tea Cups for God’s sake!” He stomped inside of the empty tea cup and crossed his arms.

I chuckled into my hand and took a seat across from him, watching as Winston slid in next to me and Alden and Maggie filled up the rest of the tea cup. I smiled at Lucas from across the cup and he glared at me. I am just waiting for him to start crying like a little baby once this starts to pick up speed. Oh man, I can see it now.

“You okay? It’s still not too late for you to get out right now,” I teased.

He flipped me off and Maggie laughed. The ride operator came to check on us and then secured us inside of the cup. He gave the signal and the ride started up, slowly at first. Winston squeezed my thigh, gently, and I snickered under my breath. Men were such babies.

It began to pick up speed and Winston turned a little green and Lucas’ eyes grew hella ass wide and I bit my lip to hold back my hysterics. Maggie smiled at Alden and they grew ready for the super speed, just as I was bracing myself. The tea cups really started to take off and Winston’s hand on my thigh squeezed tighter and Lucas’ eyes grew wider. I couldn’t even find his irises anymore. It was so funny that I think I’m going to die laughing in a second.

The tea cup whirled around so fast and I watched other people squeal and giggle as they whizzed past me and my group. Everyone was having a good time but I really think Winston was going to hurl on me and Lucas was so close to screaming.

The cup took a sharp turn, jerking all of us to the left and Lucas started shrieking like a little girl. Winston squeezed my thigh so tight I think my blood circulation cut off. My laughter couldn’t be held back any longer and I burst with it. This had to be the best part of going to the carnival, watching Lucas scream and Winston prepare to hurl. The ride slowed down and then came to a stop, and Winston let go of my leg, his face so green I thought he was turning into the hulk or something.

The doors opened and Lucas blushed, stepping out and Winston followed, wobbling a little. He groaned. Maggie raised an eyebrow at him.

“Are you going to be okay?” she asked.

“I think I’m going to be—” Winston put a hand over his mouth and ran for a nearby trashcan, emptying his contents into it.

I fell onto the floor, clutching my sides with laughter and Lucas rolled his eyes at me, scratching his head. “H-he th-th-threw up! Oh my God!” I cackled. “And Lucas’ f-f-face! Oh man, someone please like… like get the freaking doctor or something! Hello, carnival hospital!” I rolled on the floor, tears coming out of my eyes. “Super Weenie Hut Juniors! Oh my freaking God!”

Winston sighed and pulled out a piece of gum, popping it into his mouth and my stomach clenched with a whole new round of laughter.

“Shit, I can’t s-st-st-stop laughing! I’m not kissing you, Winston—I swear I am not kissing you!” I can’t breathe. Maggie chuckled and Alden joined in.

“She’s kind of crazy,” Alden muttered.

“I know.” Maggie shrugged.

Alden’s face was so serious! I laughed even harder.

“Hannah?” Melissandra looked down at me and I finished up laughing, trying to catch my breath. “You’re such a dufus, what’s so funny?”

I rested my hand on my tummy and looked at up at her beauty. “Nothing, just some people are such babies and couldn’t handle the tea cup ride.”

Melissandra laughed. “That is kind of funny, actually.”

Winston rolled his eyes. “I’m going to brush my teeth.”

“I need to piss.” Lucas followed him off.

Melissandra reached a hand out to pull me up and I allowed her to. I wiped the dirt off of the back of my jeans and smiled at her.

“Dude, who did you come here with?” I asked.

She shrugged. “No one really, why?”

“Hang out with us.” I grinned at her. In all honesty, I just want to find out more about her and why she protests so hard. I also want to know why she won’t give Quinton a chance.

“Sure…just don’t start laughing like that again, I thought you were crazy or something.” She snorted. I giggled.

Melissandra made Maggie, Alden, and I ride the screaming swing, freak out, and the cliff hanger. It was such a freaking good time. The girl was crazy funny. She made every ride a good time and Maggie stared at her in adoration. It was pretty humorous.

“Well, well, well…if it isn’t freaky Puritan virgin Melissandra and STD tracer Hannah. What could get cuter that this?” Christina stopped in front of me, a snarky smile on her face. Jamie and Alexandra giggled in unison, the freaks.

Melissandra rolled her eyes and I smiled. “I have a song for you—I hope it becomes a huge hit.”

“Try it out for me?” Christina nodded her head in encouragement.

“Twinkle, twinkle, little whore, close your legs you’re not a door. You’re gonna catch an STD, that’s right you got that already for free. Twinkle, twinkle, little whore, you’re cheaper than the dollar store.” I bowed and Melissandra, Alden, and Maggie exploded with applause.

Christina’s face turned red with her rage and she glared at me, fuming. “I swear to God I’m going to get you, you little bitch. You have no idea what I have planned for you, and I’m going to get you where it hurts. You don’t know what I’m capable of.”

Alexandra smiled and I looked over to her. “Alex, you look like someone on their period stood above your head and just let it rip,” I spat at her. She gasped and then she turned as red as her fake dyed hair. Jamie paled and I waited for her to do something crazy so I could say something to her too. “Nothing to say, Jamie? You’ve always been a follower, you never could think for yourself. Did you know she was my best friend in middle school and freshman year?”

Christina flared her nostrils. “Your point?”

“I was obviously a better friend than you, that’s what.” I winked.

She flipped me off. “I hope you fall off a cliff and die.”

“I hope your make-up finally weighs down your face and you have to get reconstructive surgery.”

“I hope Winston screws you and leaves you.”

“I hope Christina sues you for copying her style.”

“I hope you realize how much of a slut you are.”

“I hope you realize how shitty your comebacks are in comparison to mine.”

Christina opened her mouth and then closed it again. “Die, you ratchet whore!”

“I can count the times I slept with my man on one hand.”

She finally grew speechless and her eyes seemed to be tearing up. I frowned and then it was gone. She smiled and took off with her clique chasing after her.

“Damn girl, you are coldblooded. Can I take a comeback class from you? I want to be that good.” Melissandra squeezed my arm.

There was something so freaking weird about Christina, like…what was her problem? She had no reason to hate me so much, for one. Then she reacted so weird to my latest words. Why does it bother her that she has slept with so many? I thought that she acknowledged that. I figured she had no shame.

“Huh? Oh, I don’t think it can be taught. I just usually say whatever comes to my mind. It’s part of my bluntness.” I snorted.

“Let’s go check out the booths and see what people are running them,” she suggested.

I smiled, glad for the subject change and made sure Maggie and Alden weren’t humping by a tree or anything.

“Hey, we have been looking for you guys since, forever!” Lucas exclaimed, walking over to us with Winston on his tail.

“Found us!” Maggie smiled. Lucas shoved her and she laughed. Melissandra led us to the kissing booth and then she paled at the sight of Quinton.

“Hey, Hannah!” He waved me over and I ran up to him, giving him a quick hug.

“You didn’t tell me you were running a booth.” I swatted his arm.

He chuckled. “You didn’t tell me you were coming to the carnival. Anyone single and ready to mingle?” He waggled his eyebrows. I busted out laughing.

“You’re so ugly, but…Melissandra is single.” I winked.

He froze and then looked over at a very nervous Melissandra. So, that was it all along. It wasn’t that she wasn’t into him—it was that she was shy. She lied to make herself look cooler. Interesting.

I walked up to her. “Go talk to him,” I whispered.

“No!” she hissed.

I narrowed my eyes at her and then pushed her to Quinton’s booth.

“H-hi,” she whispered.

“Hi, Sandra, want to give this kissing thing a go…or are you here for conversation?” Quinton gave her a patient smile. He was so gorgeous, she was one lucky girl.

“U-um…I uh, I don’t know. What am I supposed to do to get a kiss or whatever?” She scratched her head.

I laughed. Oh my God, she’s so horrible at talking to guys, it’s practically comical. And I thought I was a goof, pfft!

“You give me two tickets, Sandra.” He smiled wider.

“O-oh, right. Um…what if I don’t want to—not that I don’t want to kiss you—no, I’m not saying I really want to—Oh god, I-I, uh, well…I just don’t want to—” She sighed and slapped two tickets onto the counter of his booth.

Quinton eyed her with a glint in his eyes. “Are you sure you’re ready? You can take your two tickets back, I won’t tell,” he teased.

She blushed and then straightened her shoulders. “Just give me what I paid for or whatever I call this or what not.”

Lucas rolled his eyes. “Kiss already, for God’s sake! This is so boring!” He groaned.

Quinton chuckled and leaned over the booth’s counter to press his lips to Melissandra’s. Their kiss was fervent and sweet and I smiled. Finally, now I hope she doesn’t mess everything up. He pulled away and her eyelids blinked open.

“U-um, thank you, I think, or whatever,” she stumbled over her words like a goofball.

Quinton snorted and wrote his number along her arm in sharpie. “Call me, okay? I’ve been hoping to see you since forever. There can be more kisses.” He kissed her one more time and then she stumbled her way back over to me.

I started to say something.

“Don’t say a damn word, Hannah,” she warned. I pretended to zip my lips up, lock it, and throw away the key.

“Stop being such a matchmaker, Hannah,” Winston breathed in my ear. I laughed. Anna and Ashley were working the high striker attraction.

“Step right up!” Anna yelled.

“Test your strength!” Ashley called out.

“Hannah!” Anna squealed, eyeing me.

“Dude, where have you been?” Ashley smiled at me.

I laughed. ‘’Hey, guys. So…what do we get if one of the macho men in my group rings that bell at the top?”

“A stuffed animal of your choice.” Anna referred to the arrays of animals in a bin beside her.

I smiled. “Okay, someone win me a bear, please?” I clasped my hands together. Lucas sighed and cracked his knuckles, picking up the mallet.

He threw it partially over his shoulder and slammed it down with as much force as he could. It hit all the way at the top, ringing the bell and Anna and Ashley gasped.

“Oh my God, we have our first winner of the carnival today!” Anna screeched. People started clapping and Lucas rolled his eyes.

“Can I have the bear so I can go?” he asked, irritated.

I picked out a green little bear that wore a bow tie. “Thanks guys, see you soon.”

“Have fun!” they replied in unison and then they busted out laughing.

I shook my head and then walked away. I punched Lucas in the arm. “Why are you being such an asshole?”

“I don’t want to be here, Hannah, I am bored.” Lucas glared at me.

“Stop complaining, this is fun.” I jumped up and down to make him more enthusiastic, he just stared at me. I gave up and found Ryder working the ring toss.

“Hey, Hannah.” He grinned at me and Winston locked his jaw. I slipped my hand in his to calm him, to show him there was nothing going on between Ryder and I. Ryder looked down at our hands, a smirk lifted on his lips. “Want to give this a shot?”

“I’ll try it,” Maggie offered and she braced herself. Her first ring toss landed right onto a peg and then her other tries did as well. It was a perfect ring toss. Ryder gaped at her and Alden and Winston started laughing.

“Damn girl, you’re good. Pick out any bear you want.” Ryder smiled.

Maggie chose the biggest bear she could find and ordered Alden to carry it. He did it with a smile on his face, slipping it over his shoulder and hauling it around with us on his way. He was such a trooper, unlike Lucas…I threw him a look and he smiled.

“Anyone want to give darts a shot? Anyone at all?” a bored monotone begged and I chuckled into my hand. He was tall with ash blonde hair and striking cerulean eyes. He was tanned and his cardigan was very snug on his muscles.

“Hi, I’m Hannah,” I greeted him, stopping at his booth.

“Must we stop at every booth?” Lucas droned. I ignored him.

“Hi, you want to play? Please play, I’m so bored out of my mind. I’m Trey Peterson by the way.” He grinned.

“Sure, I’ll give it a go.” I handed him two tickets and picked up a dart, hitting it right smack dab in the middle of the board. I gasped and then started clapping in glee.

“Interesting…Pick a bear dollface.” He pointed to the array of bears ahead of me. I picked a big and fluffy brown one, handing it to Winston to hold.

“Thanks for playing, see you around sometime.” Trey waved at me and I waved back, walking away.

“Dude, I need to go to the gym.” Omunique popped up behind me and I let out a little screech from fear.

“Oh God, you scared me!” I put a hand to my racing heart and everyone started laughing.

“You cray girl, but I ate too much fried stuff, I’m full as hell.”

“Quit being black and eating so much!” I joked. She laughed and smacked me in the back of the head. God, she was always doing that! “Where is Matthew?” I wrinkled my nose.

“That nigga is getting a turkey leg—he’s such a fatty even though he ate all that I ate and some.” She shook her head.

“Men these days…” I sighed.

“Agreed.”

Matthew walked over with his turkey leg in his mouth and he waved at me with his free hand. “Hi, Hannah,” he mumbled with food in his mouth.

I grimaced and waved back. “Long time no see.”

He swallowed. “Omunique keeps me captive.” Omunique and I laughed.

“I wish I could,” Omunique purred.

“You’re that chick that smoked Hannah out, hm?” Lucas pointed at her.

“Yeah…Hey, Lucas, right?” Omunique cocked her head to the side.

“Yeah.”

“You’re cute as hell.” Omunique smiled.

Lucas winked. “Thank you.” Winston laughed and I did the same.

“Well, see you guys later.” Matthew grabbed Omunique and ran off with her. I chuckled.

“Okay, Lucas, the fun is over, it is now time to find you a girl, and I mean find her now. That way, you have time to get to know her during the duration of the carnival.” I gave a sharp nod and then began to scan around for a cute girl. “What about her?” I pointed at a tall blonde.

“Ew, she is wearing booty shorts and it’s like November.” Lucas snorted.

“Her?” I pointed to a ginger with a face full of adorable freckles.

“Hell no, she has her nipples pierced, that’s disturbing,” he scoffed. I looked closer and saw that she did indeed have her nipples pierced. I shuddered.

“Okay… that girl!” I pointed at another honey blonde and Lucas glared.

“Really? She has so many tattoos that her body is lost,” he said as soon as the girl turned around to the front.

“Dang it…Well, maybe we should walk around some more,” I suggested.

“How about we go home, that’s my idea.” Lucas smiled. I punched him in the stomach and he doubled over and fell to the ground as someone knocked into him from behind. “What the fu—”

“Sorry, man, my boobs were in the way.” The girl winked and I snorted with laughter along with Melissandra.

She had hair so blonde it was almost platinum with a nose and eyebrow piercing and Arabic tattooed on her left wrist. She had deep dimples, shiny evergreen eyes, and pretty big boobs, yes. Her skin was nicely tanned and her lips were a flirty pink. Her eyelashes made her eyes pop out more and she was dressed in a nice long sleeved top and skinny jeans with combat boots.

Lucas gave her a dirty look and stood up, brushing himself off. “You’re not funny.”

“You can’t take a joke,” she fired back. Winston and Alden stared at her, entranced. I rolled my eyes along with Maggie.

“Go knock into something else with your massive tits.”

“At least my boobs get more action than you.” She grinned.

“I got to go,” Melissandra excused herself and I waved her goodbye.

Lucas blanched. “The hell? Look here, female, I get more hoes than any B you received in a class.”

“Real cute, except your hair kind of looks like Harry Stiles from One Direction, and he only gets middle school girls, so…” She shrugged, a teasing smile on her face. It was like she was enjoying this, as if she lived for this stuff.

“Oh, so charming, but you swear you’re Lights, don’t you?”

“Ah, good one, not my fault that I’m sexy as a woman who actually pulls men, unlike your little girl pulling lookalike.”

Lucas flared his nostrils. “Go away.”

“I win.” She smiled, victorious.

“Go hump a tree.”

“Why would I do that when I can hump you?” she purred, batting her eyelashes at Lucas.

His eyes grew a little wide and he swallowed, hard. “Whatever.”

She threw back her head and laughed. “You’re adorable. Hi, I’m Gabby Monroe.”

Lucas narrowed his eyes at her. “Lucas Trimester.”

“Cute name. So… please tell me you are here to bring a younger sibling and not just here to enjoy yourself.” She smiled.

Lucas laughed. “Yeah, these are two brats I’m babysitting.” He motioned to Maggie and Alden. “That’s my sister Hannah that offered to help, and her friend Winston.” He gestured to Winston and me.

“Ah, I brought my seven year old sister. I’m bored out of my mind. I was running away from her so I could like do one thing in peace but then I bumped into you… so…”

Lucas laughed. “You’re such a flirt.”

Gabby shrugged. “I really can’t help it, actually. Where do you go to school at?”

“TCC,” Lucas whispered.

Gabby raised an eyebrow. “Are you one of those bummish kids that go to TCC and it feels like high school all over again?” She giggled.

Lucas frowned. “No, I go to TCC so I can stay close and take care of my sister,” he snapped.

“Chill, homie! I go to UTA to take care of my sister, no shame in your game, man. I think it’s sweet that you want to take care of your sister, it’s incredibly admirable.”

Lucas’ eyes lit up. “Really?”

“Yeah, what person gives up their own dreams to help others reach theirs? You’re a good guy, Lucas, no matter if others don’t see that since you’re such a manwhore and what not.” She snickered.

“Very funny.” Lucas smiled a real genuine smile. He smiled the smile he gives me when he wants to cheer me up. He smiled the smile he gives anyone who tells a really good joke. Oh my, he likes this girl.

“So, where did you want to go? What did you have in mind at first?” Gabby looked up at him for she was pretty short in comparison to him. A lot of people were short in comparison to Lucas.

“I was going to go to UCLA and major in engineering, but it’s okay, I have all of my basics out of the way right now and I can transfer next year if my sister gets into Columbia like she aspires.”

“I was going to go to UCLA too to study microbiology, immunology, and molecular genetics.” Gabby gasped.

“No way! I heard you get to go through actual labs with that study.”

“Yeah, and the microscopes are so impressive, it blows my mind every time I see a video of the equipment.”

“You find cures?”

“For simple things like the common cold and such.” Gabby grinned.

“That’s so awesome. Wow, we should keep in contact. We’d be one more person we know on campus.” Lucas grinned back.

“No.” Gabby shook her head.

Lucas paled. “No?”

“I don’t want to keep in contact so we can know each other on campus, Lucas.” She laughed.

Lucas turned red. Wow, she was a bitch! “Okay…forget I offered, damn.”

“I want to keep in contact so that I can get to know you now. I can’t wait that long, that’s irritating. Besides…you can’t even stop staring at me, or my boobs, but whichever, you’re interested in me, and I’m interested in you. That’s simple mathematics right there. So…the only solution is to get together sometime and do something crazy, you know? I really hope your sister gets into Columbia.

“If I don’t get my sister some food, she’ll die. It was so nice to meet you, Lucas.” She grabbed a pen out from her bag and wrote her number along Lucas’ arm and then she looked up at him. “I think it’s your eyes, it’s your freaking eyes that are so captivating.” She pulled Lucas to her and kissed him passionately. “Bye,” she said, and then she grabbed her little sister and took off.

Lucas walked in a daze back over to where I was standing and a huge smile took over his face. “I think I’m like…I think I’m in love or something.” He sighed adoringly and then walked forward, scratching his head.

I gaped. He met with her for like seven minutes, what the heck? This was a bit too easy to believe. What are the odds man?

After riding random ride after random ride and poking fun at Lucas’ newly requited love, we made it over to the Tunnel of Love. I cocked my head to the side in wonder. People actually rode this stupid thing? How cheesy was that? A tunnel of love? Like…half the people who come to carnivals are kids. What do they know about love? This was so stupid.

“We have to get on, Alden,” Maggie squealed, grabbing his hands. Alden laughed and shrugged, getting in one of the carts. Winston looked at me and a slow smile crept up on his face.

“No, no, Winston you know I don’t like the dark! Please, don’t make me!” I screamed and he chuckled, lifting me up and into the cart. I squirmed against him.

“Have fun lovebirds,” Lucas sang.

“Missed me?” Gabby appeared out of absolutely nowhere and Lucas laughed. “I’m in if you’re in.” She looked up and into Lucas’s eyes.

“After you, milady.”

“Oh, you’re so gracious!” she gushed and then they were seated into the cart in front of me. The ride operator began the ride and we headed inside of the tunnel.

I wrapped my arms around myself. I hate the dark and I don’t want to be in this stupid tunnel. I think I’m going to die. What if it was haunted or something? I shivered.

“Shh, nothing is going to happen, you’ll be fine. Just enjoy this sort of alone time you have with me.” Winston kissed my hand.

“I’d rather be alone in one of our bedrooms, not a cart in the middle of the dark!” I hissed.

Winston gave a deep chuckle. “Quit being like this, it’s supposed to be romantic. Look, even Gabby and Lucas are laughing and I can hear Maggie.”

“B-but I don’t like the dark, Winston,” I cried.

“I’ll protect you.” He pulled me to his chest and I breathed in the smell of him. He always smelled amazing. “Remember when we were little and we came here and always got Lucas to buy us cotton candy?” I nodded. “Now we hate it since we ate it so much.” He laughed and I joined in.

“Not as bad as how we eat nothing that is fried here ever since the fried ice cream.” I snickered.

Winston grunted. “It tasted like cream in grease, just disgusting.”

“They even fry gum now.”

“How is that possible?” Winston gasped.

I laughed at him. “You can fry anything.”

“I’m going to be sick again.”

“Oh, that’s right—you threw up like a little girl. No, that was worse than what a girl would do,” I joked.

Winston rolled his eyes. “I like Gabby—she seems to be good for Lucas so far.”

Gabby and Lucas started giggling in unison and I sighed. “Yeah, maybe.”

“You are regretting hooking him up now, hm?”

“No…more like I’m sad that he will soon be leaving me and I’ll be leaving him. I love my brother, Winston, you know that.”

“Yes, yes I do.”

“It’s just scary to know I’ll be so far from him. He’s like my world.”

“I know.”

“Eh, I’ll be okay, I have to.” I smiled to reassure myself. The ride ended and I looked up at Winston. He smiled. “You made me forget about how scary it was to be in the dark.”

“Yes…”

I threw my arms around Winston and crashed my lips onto his. Winston was all that mattered and he was the only one who could take care of me just as well as my brother does. “Thank you,” I whispered once I pulled away.

“Mm, remind me to do that again so I get rewarded this way more often,” he growled in my ear, making me so very excited. I shivered and he grabbed my arm, walking us over to Gabby and Lucas.

“We have to the ride the carousel!” Gabby’s little sister cried.

Gabby closed her eyes and then opened them again to form a softer expression on her face. “Okay, we will and then we are going home, alright?”

“Yeah!” She started clapping.

We moved our party of seven over to the carousel and got all strapped in. I looked at Winston and winked. “Don’t throw up.” He pinched my leg. “Ow!” I gasped. He gave an evil smile.

Carousels looked cool after I watched Grease about a billion times, but then once you’re really on it, it’s like average. Almost all things that are on TV and then presented in real life are different. It was so stupid and it made me laugh every time. I wish reality and TV weren’t two separate things.

“So, you won two bears, got in a few good laughs, met up with a bunch of people, and accomplished your goal of finding Lucas a girl. How does it feel?” Winston squeezed my hand.

“Well, Mr. Francis…Is it okay if I call you Mr. Francis? It feels pretty damn good and even though I have to return back to my hormonal erratic mother to prepare for Thanksgiving with the Scotts, I think this was a pretty great time. My favorite was the Tunnel of Love because I got to be so very close to you.” I smiled.

“Oh, Mrs. Trimester, you’re so good with your words.” Winston pressed his lips to mine and I laughed against his lips, putting a hand in his hair and kissing him back.

Carnivals were officially cool, the bomb dot com, awesomesauce, and anything else I could probably think of later but I couldn’t as of right now as Winston’s lips made my mind think crazy and pretty dirty things… All I know was that things were great when I wasn’t screwing it all up.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

125K 4.9K 27
in which a teacher gets a student pregnant {i recommend not reading this story because it was my first one & i wrote it when i was like thirteen} 20...
23.2K 784 22
Max was like most other people, very nervous to go to high school, but he's best friend, Zoey, was very exited. Max had a secret that only Zoey knew...
1.8K 128 27
When 16 year old Hannah meets a boy that she met online she realizes that being friends isn't the only thing either one of them wants. They both want...
Splash By dc

Teen Fiction

407 9 29
Take me deeper than my feet could ever wander. Warning: Contains strong language, because it's high school.