Xavier (1st bk of Wolfcreek P...

By RissaleWriter

He was said to be one of the most dangerous Alphas on the face of the planet. He was said to have killed his... More

Table of Contents
Prologue (Edited)
Chapter 1 (Edited)
Chapter 2 (Edited)
Chapter 3 (Edited)
Chapter 4 (Edited)
Chapter 5 (Edited)
Chapter 6 (Edited)
Chapter 7 (Edited)
Chapter 8 (Edited)
Chapter 9 (Edited)
Chapter 10
Chapter 11 (Edited)
Chapter 12
Chapter 13 (Edited)
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16 (Edited)
Chapter 17 (Edited)
Chapter 18 (Edited)
Chapter 19 (Edited)
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22 (Edited)
Chapter 23 (Edited)
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 29
Chapter 30 (Edited)
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33 (Edited)
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36 (Edited)
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39 (Edited)
Chapter 40
Chapter 41 (Edited)
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55- Xavier's POV
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Chapter 59
Chapter 60
Chapter 61
Chapter 62
Chapter 63
Chapter 64
Chapter 65
Chapter 66
Chapter 67- Xavier's POV
Chapter 68- Xavier
Chapter 69- Xavier
Chapter 70 (Cass's POV)
Chapter 71- Xavier's POV
Chapter 72- Xavier's POV
Chapter 73
Chapter 74- Xavier
Chapter 75- Xavier
Chapter 76- Xavier
A Sad Ending...
Chapter 74- Xavier
A Bitter Sweet Ending
Chapter 74- Xavier
Chapter 75
Epilogue 1- 4 Years Later
Epilogue 2
A/N: Apology, Explanation, and Notes on sequel(s)
A/N: Seraphina!
The Reincarnated!
A Glimmer of Hope
A/N: Monster of the Night

Chapter 28

25.6K 835 111
By RissaleWriter

A/N: No kiss yet. Don't kill Julian. ;)

~Rissa

_________________________________________________________________

The next morning came early, and I was feeling rather anxious. I had no idea who was coming and hoped that not a lot of Guardsmen would be there, at least from my group.

"Ready?" Xavier asked, walking into the baby room where I was making sure that I had everything ready for Bryson. "They're almost here."

I nodded my head, letting out a shaky breath. "Uh... ya," I said. "Just nervous is all." I patted my hands on my jeans and was about to pick up the baby bag when Xavier picked it up first. "Xavier," I said, narrowing my eyes at him.

"No, you aren't taking it," he said, causing me to grumble something underneath my breath. He raised an eyebrow and smirked. "What did you say?" he asked. "Care to repeat that?"

"No," I replied, simply. I walked to the door and opened it to have it closed in my face. I bit back a sigh and turned around to notice that Xavier standing rather close to me.

"Well?" he asked again, moving closer to me. His blue eyes were rather right, and there was this predatory gaze in his eyes. His breath fanned out across my face the smell of mint strong.

My heart pounded in my chest as I took a deep, shaky breath in. The urge to kiss him was strong, but I held back as I watched him. "Well, what?" I asked, my tone rather breathless.

He rubbed his nose against mine, staring into my eyes. "What did you say?" he asked.

The smell of arousal and dominance filled the air as we looked at each other, both of us powerful in our own rights. Neither one of us backed down as we waited for the other to do something.

Xavier leaned forward more, and I held his gaze as he was silently asking me to kiss me.

I didn't reply but moved a little until our lips were barely touching...

...before some idiot decided to knock on the door causing Xavier to jump back and away from me.

"Um... the van is almost here," Julian said, causing me to silently curse him. "Are you two done having sex? I can smell your arousal from out here."

"Fuck off, Julian," I said. "What the hell do you want?"

"It's almost nine," Julian said. "So, you need to get your ass out of there. It's no time to have sex."

"We weren't having sex," I said. I moved a hand through my hair and saw Xavier staring at me with an unknown look in his eyes. "Besides, whatever we do in the bedroom is none of your business."

"'Whatever we do in the bedroom is none of your business,'" he mocked me. "Come on, Cass, it is too my business. You are my baby sister."

I opened the door and glared at the male who had interrupted Xavier from finally kissing me. "You are a dick, you know," I said, causing him to shrug his shoulder.

"Cockblocker is more like it," Julian said. "But, come on, we have to get going. It's almost nine, and unless you want to get "kidnapped" again..." He gave me a smirk, causing me to scowl and narrow my eyes.

"Kidnapped?" Xavier asked, moving towards me. He stood behind me, his scent filling my nose.

"I missed the van for something because Julian decided to be a dick and locked me in a closet with no exit," I said, causing Julian to snicker. "It's not funny," I said. "I didn't take my medication because of you and had to get a shot of it in the van with a bag over my head. Do you know how bad those shots hurt?"

"No, and I don't want to find out," Julian said. He hooked his arm through mine and started to lead me towards the front of the area. "Commander decided to tell my dad, though. Did he ever tell you that?"

"Yes, and you were sent to the barracks until I got back." I paused and narrowed my eyes at him. "Why did you decide to want me to stay back?"

"Well, you were going to Peru for seven months, and you were going to miss my birthday again." He pouted. "And, don't you want to spend time with me?"

"Not when it gets me in trouble," I grumbled. "But, other than that, yes I like hanging out with you."

"So, does that mean you like me better than Justin?" he asked.

"No," I replied, causing him to open his mouth wide and look at me with shock. I bit back a snort when he took his arm from mine and "stormed" off, causing me to roll my eyes.

"I am not used to this..." Xavier said, moving to my side. He hesitated but took my hand in his, causing me to squeeze it.

"Used to what?" I asked, looking up at him to see him staring at my brother who was listening in on our conversation. "Seeing the Prince so... carefree?"

Xavier nodded his head. "I thought that they would be stuck up," he said. "I... had been lead to believe that."

I nodded my head, understanding him. "They are all like that," I mused. "They all have a level-head, sometimes, and when they are not in court, they are all just like a huge family. I think Julian's grandmother is the reason behind it."

Xavier looked at me, staying silent. He didn't say a word, but I could tell that he was curious as to what I meant.

"From what I have read, experienced, and learned, some of the Queens had been... stuck up as well as the Kings. Julian's grandmother came from a pack, and she was actually not a high rank. She was actually a Regular with some Warrior training. Before her, most of the females had been part of the court that stays with the King and his family."

Julian slowed down and waited until we caught up to him. "My grandmother was amazing," he said. "She changed a lot of how the kingdom is run," he added. "I think if my grandfather didn't have her as a mate, then there would have been a possibility that Cass could have died."

"Why?" he asked, tightening his grasp on my hand.

"Feral Wolves were, and in some places are, considered taboo," I said, shrugging my shoulder. "People just see that we are uncontrollable, and with some of us, the Alpha's power doesn't affect us."

"Does it affect you?" Xavier asked, causing me to snort and roll my eyes.

"I'm still an Alpha by blood, so even if you do try to use your rank on me, it will not work," I replied. "But, the King's power doesn't affect me at all. He doesn't do it often, but there are times when he has tried to make me bow down. The twins do it too." I gave my brother the stink eye, causing him to shrug his shoulder.

"It's sometimes fun to watch all the Guardsmen bow, grumbling and then Assie is just standing there like... 'no'," Julian said. He opened the door to the outside where everyone else was waiting. "Isn't it, Justin?" he asked, seeing his brother holding my son.

"Not when our sister has a battle ax in her hand and points it at us, threatening to cut off our parts," Justin said, stuffing his phone back into his pocket. "They're at pack borders, requesting access," he said, looking at Xavier.

"I know," Xavier said. "I have received an anxious link from the pack border stating that a black van with two hooded figures is requesting entrance."

"Tell him that Cass said for him to tell them to take off the hoods. I really want to know who is there."

"What if they deny that request?" Xavier asked. "And, you know that you can do it, too, right?" he asked, giving me a pointed look.

I shrugged my shoulder. "Have him tell them 4XC if they don't do it."

Xavier nodded his head, looking rather confused. "What does that do?" he asked.

I shrugged my shoulder. "It's basically a warning," I said.

Xavier nodded his head. "He says it is one male and one female. The male is driving, and he has a bald head with a dragon tattoo on it. The female is... spritely with green hair." He looked confused.

A smile appeared on my face, a way of relief filling my body because I was glad that the spritely female was not driving. "They're Sergio and May," I said. "It looks like you get to meet our weapon's design person."

"And then the crazy," Justin said, causing his brother to nod his head. He patted Xavier's shoulder. "Good luck. You're going to need it."

Xavier furrowed his brows and cocked his head. "Thanks?"

_____________________________________________________________________

A/N: Shame on you Julian.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.1M 35.2K 23
Xavier found out his mate was his best friend, Alex, when he was sixteen years old. He told Alex, but Alex couldn't believe it so he 'rejected' him...
1.2M 30.9K 24
"I can listen to your thoughts!" I whisper panicking again. He begins to smile while I back away. Oh moon goddess I'm sure he will kill me now. No I...
29.9K 1.4K 42
" no please doctor please save my mom and dad I need them" I woke up with a start I felt sweaty on my back I got off my bed and sigh.it the same drea...
3.4K 276 29
Autumn- I am not wolfless but my silver wolf needs my mate to unlock its potential. I'd been mateless for years until the fight that suddenly erupted...