Selfless Love [Completed]

By petrichorluvrs

Rudaba and Shahroze's wedding celebrations kicked off two weeks ago and the couple was ecstatically happy. Ho... More

Notice
A Glimpse
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20 [Last]
Thankyou!
Bonus Chapter

Chapter 3

3.2K 220 170
By petrichorluvrs

*Flashbacks in bold*

-----------

"Why are you so quiet, Shahroze?" Zain's question brought him back to his surroundings while Rudaba just watched the two.

"No, I am fine."

"Done with the lies. Now come to the truths."

Zain rolled his eyes while Rudaba just watched Shahroze with confusion and concern. He was suddenly acting so indifferent.

"I am fine guys, honestly." He responded putting up a smile on his face to assure the two most dear people in his life.

Zain wasn't convinced but he didn't push him more. He knew Shahroze can't be upset or worried for too long, so he would be fine on his own. He left to attend an appointment with a client in his cabin while Rudaba stayed with Shahroze for a few more minutes.

"What's the matter? Why are you so quiet?"

"There is nothing, seriously. You are worried for no reason."

"Is it because of Zain?"

He looked up with shock over his face. How good she was at reading him and everything he felt or thought. A pang of guilt and regret hit his heart seeing the disbelief on Rudaba's face.

"No, Rudaba, list-"

He couldn't finish his sentence because Rudaba just shook her head and left his office in a rush. He didn't try to stop her, he knew she wouldn't listen to anything right now. It was all his fault. For being so idiotic and wrong.  Why did he feel so jealous that it became so obvious? If he and Zain can be friends than of course, Rudaba can be friends with Zain too. This was so not him, but he was still acting so odd. Covering his face with his palms, he dropped himself on the chair and closed his eyes. This was so wrong. On so many levels.

------------

Two months had passed and Rudaba settled in New York with a good understanding of her new home city's whereabouts and how things worked there. A lot of the support came from her now-good friends, Danielle and Bella. Shahroze also helped her out whenever they would meet up. Most of the times, they would just interact at university but there were times when they would meet outside their study hours. They were forming a good friendship. In a very short period of time, they had become close. They shared things with each other that they wouldn't necessarily do with their other friends. Whenever they would meet, hours would go past them just talking about their lives.

Tonight, Daniella arranged a dinner at a restaurant where all of her friends were invited included Shahroze and Rudaba. Many other people from Daniella's friends were going to come. Not very sure of what she wanted to wear, she just randomly pulled out the burgundy coloured dress and decided to wear it for the dinner. She didn't do a lot of makeup, just a casual and neutral cover up and she was ready to go.

She got to the dinner with Bella, and to her surprise was comfortable with the surroundings. But when she saw him entering with his ever so warm smile, she was at even more ease than before. He had greeted her, and she responded by smiling back. Most of the invited guests had arrived but they were just waiting for a few more.

"You look nice."

He had commented looking at her. She smiled in response.

"Thank you."

He nodded and checked the time from his phone and then got up.

"I will just go and order some soft drinks while we are waiting."

Rudaba just nodded while watching him walk away. He was at the counter now and was speaking to the waiter when she felt someone's presence on her other side. The guy stood next to her wasn't giving her a good vibe and she was alert immediately as her back stiffened.

"Can I sit here if that's okay?"

He asked with a smirk on his face. She couldn't say no but she didn't say yes either. Regardless the guy sat down with her making her uncomfortable. She looked on the other side to find Shahroze and he was paying at the cashier. She couldn't wait for him to return.

Meanwhile the guy sat next to her placed his arm on Rudaba's shoulder making her flinch.

"Get off now." She had said with a strength in her voice.

"What? I am not doing anything."

"Just move it!"

"I won't."

Rudaba shot daggers at him and tried getting up but he held her from her shoulder pulling her back towards the chair.

"I said I won't do anything. If you can sit with him, what's wrong in sitting with me."

"Because she chose to sit with me. However, she chooses not to sit with you. Now move and get lost!"

Before Rudaba could respond, Shahroze came from behind and answered for her.

"Lewis, I am saying one last time. Get your arm off her and leave."

Lewis looked at Rudaba and then back at Shahroze but then got up and walked away. Before going past Shahroze, he stopped and whispered in his ears.

"You will regret this big time."

Shahroze just rolled his eyes and went towards Rudaba to check if she was okay.

"Are you okay? I am so sorry he..."

"Why are you saying sorry? And I am fine. I was so on a verge of slapping him if you hadn't come just then."

"Oh dear. I should have been late then! Missed the drama. Damn it!"

"Seriously?"

She said and chuckled lightly.

"No, I am sorry. He is an asshole. Just try and keep your distance from him. And if he bothers you again, let me know okay?"

"Noted."

Meanwhile, Danielle came rushing to Rudaba and hugged her.

"I am so sorry Rudaba. I didn't know he would do this. Hope you are okay."

"I am fine. Don't worry." She said smiling at him.

The dinner went ahead as planned and everyone enjoyed each other's company. It was time to return back to homes when Shahroze offered that he would drop off Rudaba. Bella had left early due to her mother's urgent call. He kept insisting but Rudaba politely refused. Shahroze wasn't happy but he didn't push her.

"Take care of yourself. Message me when you are home."

"Will do."

She smiled at him and he reciprocated.  She sat in the taxi and waved him and then the next moment, the taxi drove away.

Shahroze or Rudaba were not aware of the storm that was about to hit them.

-----------

He tried calling her a few times but to his expectancy, she didn't take the calls neither did she messaged back. She was upset, he knew it and she was rightfully. He acted like a proper idiot by making her feel awkward towards Zain. He knew he wasn't this kind of a man and that's why he was disappointed in himself. It was all his fault. After trying with calls and texts, he finally decided to visit her. She might let him explain himself.

He pressed the door bell and waited and waited. There was no response. He was getting worried now. Where had she gone? Is she this angry?

He tried the door bell again and got nothing in response. His worry was reaching the peak trying to imagine where she could be. Then he remembered that there is only one place in New York, she absolutely loves. The only place in New York she could visit when she is upset. So, he rushed towards there.

-----------

Rudaba felt extremely uncomfortable trying to comprehend the area to which the driver was driving towards. This was no where linked to her apartment. They were almost reaching the outskirts of New York.

"Where are you driving to? This is not the way to my home."

There was no response from the driver seat.

"Hello? I am talking to you. Where are you driving to?"

There was no response again. She looked at the doors on both sides and they were locked too. Her mind was signalling that something was wrong.

She tried hitting the doors and screamed but it all went in vain. In utter fear, she reached her phone and found the name she wanted to send a text to. She had no clue where she was, but she knew she needed help, so this is what she typed.

"HELP..."

Before she could do anything else, the car stopped and someone quickly opened the door. So, all she did was press send and immediately her phone was taken away from her. Two men grabbed her from her arms and dragged her inside a rough-looking building. She was screaming for escape, but it all went in vain.

When she was made to enter inside, she found a familiar face awaiting her with a smirk etched on his face making her flinch.

-------------

Shahroze came out of the bathroom and checked his phone and found the text from Rudaba. He was alert that something had gone wrong. He tried calling her, but the call was constantly being disconnected. He felt something was slipping out of his reach and he needed to act fast to stop it.

Then his mind ringed a bell and someone's words repeated in his ears.

"You will regret this big time."

A curse left his mouth when he realised Lewis did this. He was even angrier at his own self for letting her go along when he knew Lewis meant what he said. Because of him, Rudaba was in trouble.

Without wasting anymore time, Shahroze traced Rudaba's phone with a friend's help using GPS. Thankfully her phone was still switched on, so they managed to trace it. they informed the police and rushed towards the destination.

-------------

As he expected. She was at the Bear Mountain State Park. Her favourite nature place in New York. Sat on the bench staring at the water flowing, she was immersed and lost in her thoughts when he reached her side and sat with her.

She didn't look at him. But he knew she was aware of his presence.

"I am sorry, Rudaba. I honestly am. I know it was wrong of me to behave so rude and ignorant. I don't know what happened to me even I am hating myself for it. You know me, I am not the kind of person, but I don't know what happened. I am sorry. I know I have let you down."

"You made me doubt myself, Shahroze. I thought I did something wrong."

She said without looking at him.

"No. No. Please. I am sorry. You did nothing wrong. I am to blame, and you should be angry at me for how I was. I am sorry."

"Shahroze, never doubt my love. You are my first and foremost priority."

He came close and took her hands in his and looked at her.

"I am really sorry. I can never doubt you. I can't doubt Zain either. You both are dear to me. I don't know what happened I just... I am so sorry."

"Okay. Its fine. Don't apologise so much. I am glad we talked it out."

"Just for the record, I love you."

"Not for the record, I love you too."

Both chuckled and then shifted their focus towards the beautiful lake. The ease between them returned without any awkward difficulty.

Such was their love and bond.

------------

"I can't believe you stooped this low. What a piece of disgust you are!"

She had run up to him and held him by his collar and screamed out loud. His smirk just got deeper.

"Well, I told your lover boy he would regret what he did so here we are. Such an irresponsible lover. Let his girlfriend go home alone at this hour."

"Shut your filthy mouth!"

"HEY! Your spitting phrases at me won't do you any good. You should have learnt this by now."

She pushed him and ran towards the door when the men guarding the room pushed her back in and locked the door from the outside. Lewis just laughed and continued to eye Rudaba.

"Let me go, Lewis. What have I done to you?"

"I will. But I want you to do something before that. Then you can go. Promise."

He raised his hands up in air and smirked. Rudaba was disgusted at his face and words but she felt so helpless.

He moved close to her and tried touching her face when the room's door banged open and the police ran in and arrested Lewis. Rudaba couldn't stop her tears but she sighed in relief. Like always, she found him there too. Looking at her. Waiting for her, desperate to find her to see if she was okay.

She ran towards his way and hugged him tight. Tears rolled down her cheeks and she didn't resist. He wrapped his arms around her tightly and caressed her hair.

With every sob of hers, his heart broke. With every tear that dropped from her eyes, his angst increased. He could not see her like this. This was his weakness. Her pain was his weakness and he was never good at dealing with it.

He didn't say anything to her. She didn't say anything to him. She kept on trying and he didn't stop her. The police arrested the taxi driver whom Lewis had paid to manipulate Rudaba. The police also arrested Lewis and his men. When they left from the sight, both of them didn't know. He kept her close to him making her feel safe and assured and he didn't want to rush anything. He would stand there holding her for as long as she wants to.

After good half an hour, both got back to their bearings. He gave her his jacket that he was wearing and held her hand and took her to her house. They reached her apartment and the drive in between was spent in silence. It was unusual, but it felt right. They weren't a couple yet. They hadn't confessed to each other if they did have feelings for each other. He knew he did, but he wasn't sure if she felt the same for him. But regardless, he decided that tonight was the time to let her know and then it would be her decision. Completely.

The only reason he wanted to tell her was so she can feel she has someone who is hers and only hers. So, she feels secure and assured. So, she can count on someone always. To be that person for her, he decided it was time, he said it.

As she was about to walk out of the car, he called her name.

"Rudaba?"

She turned to him but didn't say anything.

"I love you."

Three words and he said them so simply. So easily. But what was more surprising that his words healed her aching heart's pain. How? She had no clue. Or maybe she did. Because she felt the same. The way she ran to him earlier and cried her heart out in his arms, it was an indication that she felt the same.

"Perhaps, same."

-------------

Feedback?

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

104K 7.5K 35
"If you didn't love me in the first place then you shouldn't have married me." She said, her heart sinking knowing that she didn't have a place in hi...
19.6K 1.4K 37
A love story started while healing eachother.Naksh and Tanishi two broken souls started to rely on one another for everything.The love they craved fo...
265K 17.6K 38
She sat on couch closing her eyes in a bridal posture.He entered the room and after collecting all his guts he spoke " I just wanted to tell you that...
242K 10.5K 9
Hamdaani Heirs #7 The story of Shahveer and Ibtihaaj. Of love and pain. Of forgiveness and second chances. Of that leap of faith. Of becoming the so...