The Way Out

paytonhack द्वारा

18 year old Noah Miller, tries to escape his abusive drunk father, Kevin. With his mother diseased after comm... अधिक

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12

Chapter 13

409 16 8
paytonhack द्वारा

The blood was surrounding her. She lays there lifeless on the cold tile floor. There is steam coming off the bathtub, the water is still warm. If only I came home sooner. If only...

I wake up sweating again. It's dark out and I hear the handle of the door knob. Hannah enters.

"Are you okay? I heard you scream."

"Just a nightmare I suppose." I reply not wanting to explain what I had just envisioned.

"Just a nightmare! Really Noah, you're drenched in sweat. That's not normal."she's basically yelling at me.

"It's nothing new. Hannah, please just leave it be." I really don't want to discuss this to with her. Or with anyone for that matter.

"Whatever." She simply states and walks out of the room without another word.

I don't go back to sleep in fear that the dream may come back so I just stare at the ceiling. If I was in my own room I would have taken a shower but I don't want to cause any disturbances or wake anyone up.

When I start to see light peering through the window and smell the coffee brewing in the kitchen, I get up and make my way down the hall to take a shower. The water is so warm, I wish that my showers could be like this all the time, though I dint think that it is something that I will ever get used to.

I change back into the clothes that I had worn yesterday and pack my things. I have to work today and I don't want to overstay my welcome. When I walk towards the foyer Mrs. Smith stops me.

"Would you stay for breakfast?" She asks.

"I was just about to head out but if you would like me to stay, I don't work until 9:00, though Mr. Smith must have told you already."

"I would love if you joined us, and yes he has."

Mrs. Smith is a excellent cook. I have not had bacon and pancakes in a very long time. Due to my very small budget I have accustomed myself to cereal and ramen.

——

I say my thank you's to everyone and head out the door. I suppose that I could go by the house to see if it is unlocked so I can change my clothes.

As I suspected the door is still locked and oddly enough Kevin's truck is in the driveway. He always has to do something to piss me off.

I get back into my car and make my way to work. When I walk in Hannah is already behind the front desk scanning books that have been returned overnight. She eyes me suspiciously taking in the clothes that I have yet to change. I am surprised when she doesn't ask any questions about it. It's unusual but I appreciate it. I get to work doing what has been assigned to me and get on with my day.

पढ़ना जारी रखें

आपको ये भी पसंदे आएँगी

66.2K 1.5K 78
Harry Potter x female reader °。°。°。°。°。°。°。°。°。°。°。°。 Cedric Diggory has a younger sister named Y/n and she's starting her fourth year at Hogwarts. H...
Trustfall awonderfulworldhp द्वारा

किशोर उपन्यास

52.6K 1.2K 23
Alessia is a 14 year old girl, her whole life she has been protecting her little brother, but one day their mother gets killed and they have to live...
1M 88.8K 39
𝙏𝙪𝙣𝙚 𝙠𝙮𝙖 𝙠𝙖𝙧 𝙙𝙖𝙡𝙖 , 𝙈𝙖𝙧 𝙜𝙖𝙮𝙞 𝙢𝙖𝙞 𝙢𝙞𝙩 𝙜𝙖𝙮𝙞 𝙢𝙖𝙞 𝙃𝙤 𝙜𝙖𝙮𝙞 𝙢𝙖𝙞...... ♡ 𝙏𝙀𝙍𝙄 𝘿𝙀𝙀𝙒𝘼𝙉𝙄 ♡ Shashwat Rajva...