Can't Hide From Yourself- an...

By Lemoinx

After Seraphina gets abducted by a group of mid tiers, Arlo and Elaine find her and carry her to safety. John... More

Part 1
Part 2
Part 3
Part 4
Part 5
Part 6
Part 7
Part 8
Part 9
Part 10
Part 11
Part 12
Part 13
Part 14
Part 15
Part 16
Part 17
Part 19
Part 20/21
Part 22
Part 23
Part 24
Part 25
Part 26
Part 27
Part 28
Part 29
Part 30
Part 31
Part 32
Part 33
Part 34
Part 35
Part 36
Part 37
Part 38
Part 39
Part 40

Part 18

4.8K 103 133
By Lemoinx

John's POV (The Next Morning)
"Beep!"

"Beep!

Ugh...

"Beep!"

I wake up to the sound of an annoying alarm. My first instinct is to hit snooze, but after that doesn't work I grab the alarm and almost smash it on the ground.

Almost.

I recollect myself, and remind myself that without the alarm clock, I wouldn't wake up in time for school. Then I get up and press the snooze button.

Huh. Now it decides to work.

I decide to put my blanket back to the way it was, and swiftly make my bed. Then I put a bagel in the toaster. I hear a "beep!", indicating that it finished. I then butter it, and eat it.

Once I enter the bathroom I decide to leave my hair alone, the way it naturally is. I do my regular routine and exit, leaving Blyke with more than enough time to use it.

I'm about to exit the door, when I hear my name. I turn around, to see Blyke facing me. "Uh, John? I was wondering if you'd want to wait for me today? If we can walk to school together?"

I sigh, in annoyance.

Did he not get the message yet?

"Since it seems like you haven't got the message yet, I'll be frank. No." I say, leaving.

One less person to deal with.

Earlier he wouldn't even look my way, and now all of a sudden he's being friendly? He absolutely despised me earlier. I'm not falling for this shit again. I've had enough.

Probably since he knows my secret.

Actually...

He was being like this a week ago...

Whatever his true intentions are, I'm not falling for it again. It's easier to just avoid him altogether.

*time skip*

Narrator's POV
The halls in Wellston Private High School were buzzing with excitement, as the Turf War is only one day away.

"What mask did you get?"

"How much money do you think the mid tiers will win?"

"Ugh, today we have a double ELA. ELA is so boring!"

"Arlo will probably win from the high tier section. Lucky."

"What did you get on that math test? It was so hard!"

"Who do you think will win out of the elite tiers? I think it'll be..."

"I can't wait until tomorrow! Especially since we won't have most of our classes due to the Turf War."

Most of the chatter in the hallways was about the upcoming Turf War. Nearly all of the masks being sold at Wellston were sold out already. Many students bought them at mall, as they were cheaper there, but a lot of them purchased them at the school since they didn't feel like going to the mall.

At that moment, Seraphina remembered that she should go to Doc's office, to check if the hospital checked if the liquid was safe or not. She eyes sparkled with anticipation.

Seraphina's POV
Oh, wait!

Shouldn't I go to Doc's office to check if that injection was safe or not?

I really hope it is.

Please, please work.

"Why do you look so excited?" John asked.

"Can't I always look excited?"

"Well, some people do, but definitely not you."

Woah there, John.

I guess that's true, though.

"OK, I just remembered we should probably go to the infirmary, to see if there's an update on what will give me my ability back." I say.

John's eyes light up for a split second, before replying. "Let's go. Now, before anyone else can beat us to it."

I reluctantly follow him, excited for the results.

We reach the infirmary, and I open the door and walk in. I look around, relieved to see no one's in there.

"Hey Doc, any update on the injection that'll get me my ability back?"

I'm met with Doc's usual grumpy stare, but he does answer. "Yes, actually."

"That was rather quick." I say.

It's a good thing, though.

"It's completely safe, and it should work. The hospital claims they haven't seen anything like this in a long time, or it might've been the first time. We made sure it would be ready as quick as possible, so you could participate in the Turf Wars with your ability."

Wow, thanks Doc.

"It'll be just like a shot. It'll be quick."

Ok, you've done this before. Shots are nothing. I've been through worse pain.

I look over at John, who just smiles at me.

I feel the needle barely touching my skin, and in a heartbeat I see gauze being wiped over the spot.

That was quicker than I remember.

My eyes flash to the clock on the wall.

Wait a moment!

I walk over to the clock.

It's currently 7:42.

I attempt to activate my ability and change the time.

I feel my eyes glow.

3:48

Although I was slightly expecting this, I still am a bit shocked.

"It works!"

I beam with excitement.

"Finally!"

I've waited so long for this.

I guess that was karma.

I was ignoring others around me, using my power for selfish things.

Now, I got a taste of what it's like to be a cripple.

Powerless.

"KEEP YOUR VOICE DOWN!" Doc yells, walking back to his desk.

And he's back.

"Great to know it worked." He says.

Wow, mood swings much?

"Come on , let's go." John says.

I nod my head in agreement.

"Thanks, Doc!" I say, opening the door.

"It's just my job. Literally." He replied back.

I shut the door and look at John.

"I can't believe it worked!" I say.

I look down at my hands.

"Do you want to go on the roof?"

"I don't have a phone, remember? It's completely smashed, useless. It was also left at that abandoned house." I notice John's expression turn into anger for a split second. "It'll just be me watching you play." I say, pausing. "What about we go to Kovoro Mall so I can buy a new phone?" I suggest.

John thinks about it for a moment before replying. "It sounds like a good idea, but won't it look a bit weird seeing two teens in school uniform at the mall? On a school day, at 8? Won't they suspect something?"

"Ehh, come on, we're high-tiers. They won't get rid of us this easily." I see John's face turn into disgust, as if he's remembering something.

Oh, right.

"You do have a point there. I guess we can just go later." I say.

"But why me? Do I have to go?" John pouts, attempting to avoid another trip to the mall. "Why didn't you just buy a phone yesterday?"

"Well, somebody who was with me forgot to remind me." I say.

"Nobody told me to remind you. That's on you." John says.

He does have a point there.

Oh, well.

He's coming anyway.

Author's Note
Here's another chapter, earlier than usual to make up for the previous lack of updates! Hope you enjoyed the chapter!
-Lemoinx

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

8.8K 319 24
It's just a normal day at Wellston when John's long lost sister shows up. She was taken by their mother so she could be trained and master her abilit...
33.5K 1K 165
Cover Edit By Me Mia Doe a.k.a John's Sister & Oliva Morlas a.k.a John's Girlfriend arrive in Wellston. As events begin to unfold. A new evil rises...
65.3K 2.5K 52
John has once again found himself King. How long will it be before the events of New Bostin repeat? He has already lost Sera, and the students are tu...
46.3K 553 33
this story will be about a ship john and Seraphina (I don't own the characters i got the characters from uru-chan go follow her on Webtoon and read U...