Long Way From Love (Mark Free...

By JoviEurope83

Mark Free and Lissa are childhood friends, their relationship is put to the test when Lissa is kidnapped and... More

Chapter 1: The Beginning
Chapter 2: After School
Chapter 3: After School Part 2
Chapter 4: Pizza Hut Mishaps?
Chapter 5: Give a Little Bit
Chapter Sixx: OWWWW, this hurts
Chapter 7: Are you drooling over Robert Plant?
Chapter 8: I'm In love with my car
Chapter 9: Graduation
Chapter 10: Are you okay?
Chapter 11: Morning Accidents, Nighttime Concerts.
Chapter 12: I'll never leave you
Chapter 13: Your In W.A.S.P!!!
Chapter 14: Photo-shoot
Chapter 15: I don't like her
Chapter 16: Um... Mark?
Chapter 17: Dancing With Desire
Chapter 18: I think I have enough money?
Chapter 19: I'm Buying The Furniture.
Chapter 20: Food
Chapter 21: Help Move
Chapter 22: Good Night, Good Morning
Chapter 23: I guess it's lunch.
Chapter 24: I hate saying goodbye.
A/N and Valentines day special.
Chapter 26: I hate saying goodbyes, part 2.
Chapter 27: A Biscuit.
Chapter 28: I hate doing stuff
Chapter 29: Sleep, Eat, Get Hit In The Face, Repeat.
Chapter 30: Raccoon!
Chapter 31: Back Home
Chapter 32: You Need to Eat!
Chapter 34: New Years
Chapter 35: New Years, Part two.
Chapter 36: Strange Start to a New Year
Chapter 37: Another year closer to death, Happy Birthday Mark
Chapter 38: Who knew one could hate flying so much?
Chapter 39: But I don't want to wear a dress!
Chapter 40: Promotional things are boring.
Chapter 41: You're going on Tour!
Chapter 42: Meh, it's nothing but a few aches
Chapter 43: It's Just A lot
Chapter 44: Going on Tour!
Chapter 45: Crappy Hotel Rooms and Opening for Maiden
Chapter 46: Up's And Downs Of Tour
*Writing improvement at this chapter* Chapter 47: I don't feel older...

Chapter 33: Good morning, another day.

31 4 20
By JoviEurope83

The very first of the morning light started to shine through the window curtains. My body still ached from yesterday's events. It was mostly my stomach that hurt, everything else just felt weak.

Warm arms were wrapped around my waist. There was a warm source under me, I realized that I was in fact, sleeping on Mark.

I rolled off of him, but he only brought me back onto him. "Don't move." Mark mumbled, startling me. "Your awake?" I flipped onto my stomach. "Uh!" He grumbled. "Sorry." I'm still on him, whoops.

"I've been awake." He spoke sleepily. "Then why do you sound tired?" His blue eyes shot open. His gaze met mine. If there was one thing I really, truly loved about Marks appearance, it was his eyes. Those eyes make me melt, I don't care if we didn't have a romantic or sexual relationship, those eyes make me want him.

"I've been up all morning, the past couple of hours." He replied. I nodded, laying my head down onto his upper chest. His chin brushed against the top of my hair. 

"How do you feel?" Mark whispered into my ear. "It's still cold, I have a headache and my stomach hurts. Other than that I'm fine." My voice had an annoyed tone to it, making me feel guilty.

So, I wrapped my arms around his neck. In response he pulled me closer to him. Mark rolled over, covering both of us with covers and he basically laid on top of me, just he made sure that not all his body weight was on me.

"Are you warm now?" Mark softly growled. A shiver ran down my spine at his tone of voice. "Yes." I answered.

"Good." He moved a little making it more comfortable for him to stay with me in that position. "You still have jeans on." I pointed out, rubbing my foot down his knee. "I know. It's uncomfortable." He replied, moving strangely.

"If it is so uncomfortable why didn't you change when you woke up sense you've apparently been up for the past couple hours." I gave him a blank stare.

He just looked at me. "Well, I didn't do that because I'm an idiot." Mark sighed. I giggled, snuggling up into him.

I closed my eyes again but then a thought occurred to me. "Today is Christmas, I forgot." A yawn escaped from my mouth after saying that. 

"Ding, ding, ding." Mark chimed. "What." I looked at him strangely. What in the world, I think he's been in California a little to long. "It's Christmas, that's the reason I got up early." He replied. "Oh. Why?" 

"Got up early and made breakfast, I also brought stuff up here from downstairs so you didn't have to worry about it." Mark explained. I nodded while moving. Me moving forced Mark to move, so he got up.

I got up along with him. Leaning backwards, my back cracked very loudly. Mark's eyes shot over to me. My cheeks turned a light red, that was embarrassing.

But the sight of Mark was funnier than my embarrassment. His already tight jeans were pulled tighter. He had a strange walk, well it was more of a waddle. 

"Why do every male this day in age wear skin tight jeans and why in hell did I sleep in the skin tight jeans." He whined. I non-successfully tried to muffle a laugh. His eyes shot me an evil glare, "If you were a man you wouldn't be laughing."

"Well, I'm not a man so I can laugh all I want." I again laughed, but it was just to annoy him. And I was successful at annoying him. 

Marks attention turned to something else and I took that as a chance to look him over. He's not as pale as he usually is during the winter. He's strange like that, his skin color goes from like real tan to like real pale. Then at times he looks red.

His chest and abdomen area was a little fatter than usual, but it wasn't really fat he just was like more muscular around that area but not like muscle muscular, I don't know if that made any freakin' sense.

I sat back down on the bed and stared at the door as Mark changed. My mind just left, I didn't even notice that the side of the bed right next to me sunk in.

"What are you thinking about?" I felt arms wrap around me. I looked over to see Mark staring at me. "Nothing." I responded. "So, there is just a blank white wall in your mind?" He laughed. "Yeah, and in big bight red lettering it say's Pink Floyd, The Wall." I stated, blankly

He raised an eyebrow, looking at me strangely. "Your so old." He joked. "Hey, the album only came out five and a half years ago." I hit his shoulder. He shook his head laughing.

"You want to go downstairs?" There was a pause before that question was asked. "Sure." I responded.

Mark stood up. He looked at me expectantly, so, I rose to me feet and walked out the bedroom. Mark followed and grabbed my hand. 

We made it to the kitchen and a wonderful smell hit my nose. Out on the kitchen counter was home made cinnamon rolls and small sausage things wrapped in croissants.

I ran over to them and started eating them like I usually did when ever someone made them. Mark walked up behind me, he slowly wrapped his arms around my waist, his chin rested on the top of my head. 

Something about this reminded me of before my father died. Him and my mother would cook a good breakfast every Christmas day and my fathers arms would always be wrapped around my mother and they would sway back and forth and talk while me and my brother ate and waited to go open presents.

But that didn't last long. My father died and my brother ran away, my mother turned to alcohol quite sometime before that but it was never as bad until her husband died. As much as I miss those days when I had no worry in life, I'm glad they happened. My life is strange and I have a bunch of issues but I'm very grateful that Mark came into my life, without those past events, this wouldn't of happened.

"Maybe, you should sit down. Your stomach is still weak." Mark's voice interrupted my thoughts. "Probably." I agreed. All this food is going to make me sick again.

I sat down in a chair and Mark sat down next to me. He just brought the pans to the table, plates were just to much work. 

I grabbed a cinnamon roll and bit into it. It tasted so good.  "Mark, I don't understand you. You say your a terrible baker and cook but then you make something and it's like the best thing ever. Like, if being a musician doesn't work out you should be a chef." I mumbled through mouth fulls of food.

He chuckled and rolled his eyes, "I'm just gonna take that as a complement."  

I ate some more until something didn't feel quite right. There was an uneasy feeling inside of me and when I felt a very sharp pain in my stomach I knew what it was.

My eyes must of bulged or something because Mark seemed to know what was wrong. I slowly got up but my legs fell out on me. Next thing I knew, Mark was carrying me to the bathroom and I was hunched over the toilet throwing all the contents in my stomach up.

It didn't last as long as it did last night, nor did it hurt as bad but there was a lot more blood and that scared me. 

Mark lifted me up off the ground and over the sink. He turned the sink water on and helped me rinse off my mouth. "I feel so disgusting." I mumbled. I smelt bad, I looked like a zombie, everything about me was just bad.

"No your not." Mark whispered. "Yes I am. I look hideous and smell like a rotting carcass. And I keep throwing up and you're forced to help me." My voice cracked while looking at my reflection. "Darlin', I don't have to help you. Lissa, I want to help you, it's not your fault at all that you are sick, I'm just helping you get better. And you are not hideous, you don't realize how beautiful you are, even when you are sick like this with a bruise on your cheek, you are still beautiful and as much as I hate it, I can see why men hit on you and try stuff with you so much." He spoke with a soft caring voice, his lips brushing against my ear while speaking.

I nodded, leaning back into him. My head laid against his chest, the sound of his heartbeat was calming.

"Do you want to go and open presents?" Mark asked. "Yeah." I sighed, just everything going on I just felt guilty.

He let me lean on him as we walked, his body took a lot of my weight so my weak legs didn't give out again. We made it to the living room. Mark sat me down on the couch before going to grab stuff from under the tree.

"I like the decoration." He complemented my work. "Thanks." I smiled, the headache I had started to go away. Finally!

"Here." Mark handed me a box with an okay wrapping job. I slowly tore the paper away from it and opened the box. In it I could make out fabric, clothes. Great.

I pulled it out and unfolded it. It was a grey shirt made out of soft material and on the front of it, it had the King Kobra band logo on it and a picture of the band, Mark was in the front in blue while Carmine was right behind him wearing who knows what and Johnny and Mick were to the left of Mark with Dave on the right.

"Thanks, now I can say I have a shirt with my best friends face on it." I giggled. Mark raised his eyebrows, "Funny, very funny."

I rolled my eyes and shoved a box at him. He laughed and opened in it. I watched with a big grin as he pulled out a leather jacket that I saved my money up for to get him. His eyes lit up, it was one he's been looking at for awhile. 

And so on it went. We both opened a bunch of stuff but Mark had me beat with present. I got albums, shirts, a leather skirt that he supposedly found on sale, yeah I don't think so. He also got me accouple of random other stuff.

I got him stuff such as random jewelry, his reaction was funny, two shirts, random junk and a bunch of pictures of us together that I through in a picture frame. The one that I think stuck out to him the most was a picture from about three/four years ago of him and I next to a drum kit, he had drum sticks in his hand. Surprisingly, Mark use to drum and play guitar alot, he was good at it to but then he started t sing and it was obvious that, that fit him best.

"One more thing." Mark said quickly after all the stuff was opened. He grabbed something from behind him, a necklace case. 

Slowly, it popped open. In it was a necklace with accouple of red, black and white jewels on silver plat that dangled at the end of the thin necklace chain. On the back of it the words, "As long as you are with me, nothing can go wrong. I'll always be there for you and I'll love you forever." Was engraved on the silver plate.

A tear ran down my cheek. "It wasn't to much, was it." Mark asked, scared that it might of crossed the line. 

"No it wasn't, thank you so much. Your so sweet." I reached out and hugged him. He hugged me back.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A/N

Hey sorry, I'll end it there. This was a long chapter and I hope it wasn't to bad, I appreciate everyone who is reading this. I know it's a cheesy, unrealistic story and trust me it gets way worse, I'm just happy to know accouple of people are reading this. So it was real strange writing a Christmas chapter and it's no where near Christmas, but I just thought it might fit in. Should I bring Lissa's brother into this? I hope you didn't cringe to much by reading this. But please keep reading. Nothing in this chapter was true. Vote, Comment, Follow and bye until I update next!!!  

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

48K 1.4K 26
❝ I am your queen and you are my king. This marriage is our kingdom and I will not allow another take my crown. Do you understand me, dear husband?❞ ...
183K 5.1K 24
Once upon a time a gurl was bored in her room and wrote a book... JK So y/n is not having the best luck, her mother her father when she was 13 and go...
68.7K 860 8
Riley is comfortable with being in the dark until Julia shows up with the way to start the light. She knows that she can't let Julia go but being in...
1.9M 106K 40
When college student Emmy joins an online support group at the encouragement of her therapist, the last thing she expects is to connect with the lead...