Life (Naruto Fanfic) ~Itachi...

By robotdirectionattack

Tane Uchiha, Shisui Uchiha, and Itachi Uchiha have been friends since they can remember. The Uchiha uprising... More

1
2
3
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15: Epilogue part 1
16: Epilogue Part 2

4

2K 73 8
By robotdirectionattack

Hey guys! Lookie here, we have another chapter 

*cough*

Thank you all so much for reading, it means a ton to me.

I don't really have much to say so I'll just get to the point of please vote and share this story! If you do then it will rain cats. Because cats.

And I hope you enjoy!

~Stephanie ;)

"So why did you want to know if I had a mission tomorrow?" I asked Itachi as I walked with him. I figured that since his father wasn't there at that present moment, to seize it, and acutally spend some time with him before Fugaku rolls around.

"Well, I wanted to see if you were free tomorrow. That's the point of asking, is it not?" I sighed.

"Well, yes, but why?"

"I didn't get to spend too much time with you today. I told my father I have a mission tomorrow. For all he knows, I'll be out of the village." I raised an eyebrow in question.

"Are you sure that's a good idea?" He shook his head.

"I'm pretty sure my father will figure it out sooner or later, and then it wouldn't be good." I sighed. "But if I'm spending the day with you, it's alright." I smiled and turned my head to look at him. Stupid idea, becuse I completely missed the rock on the ground, and I tripped and fell.

Almost fell.

"You've got to be more careful." Itachi said, still holding onto me. His arm was around my waist, and the other was grabbing my hand. 

"I know." I admitted. Itachi didn't move. Neither did I. 

"Tane."

"Yes?" He didn't answer my question. Instead, he kissed me.

And I kissed back.

I didn't know that I felt anything like that for Itachi before...but when he kissed me I did. I knew I did.

He pulled me up to his height and pulled from the kiss, our foreheads still touching.

"I apologize."

"Is there any need to?" He looked me in the eye with something I hadn't seen before. I didn't know what he was hiding behind his mask, and I was one of his best friends. 

"Where do you want to go?" I slightly tilted my head.

"What do you mean?"

"Tomorrow. Where do you want to go?" I shrugged.

"Anywhere with you is suitable." He gave a small smile and grabbed my hand and started to walk. I didn't know where he was going, we were heading the opposite direction of the Uchiha district. I looked at his face, and it had turned serious.

"Itachi, where are we going?" I sternly asked. 

"I came here not just to see Sasuke, you know." I didn't question him. We went all the way to the Hokage's office, and for once, Itachi didn't kneel. He just stood in front of the Hokage with  me next to him. That's when I noticed Shisui in the corner.

"It's about time you got here." He mused. I looked at the Hokage. He was...waiting for us?

"Good. Itachi, Shisui, Tane." I tilted my head in question. What was going on here?

"From now on, you are all a team. And you have one mission, and one mission only. To stop the Uchiha from starting a coup 'd'etat." I closed my eyes, and shook my head.

"What about my other team? My other mission? It's just as important. It also involves the safety of the village."

"You can continue that mission once you are finished this one. I have complete faith in you three." I opened my eyes again and looked at the Hokage's smiling face. How could he smile? This was not something to smile about.

"I know that Lord Danzo would not like you taking over my missions." I didn't know why I was fighting for that. Did I want there to be a coup? Surely not. I couldn't bare the Uchiha's rule over the village.

But then again...

"I've already talked about this to Danzo. Please, don't worry." I sighed and looked at Itachi, then Shisui. We were the only people the Hokage could trust for this. The only Uchiha who would do this. Someone who is completely demoted to the village. Someone who loathes their own clan. And someone who did not wish for the Uchiha to go to war. Something you wouldn't find on the street, that was for sure.

"Then what are we to do, Lord Hokage?" I asked, not knowing what else to do.

"You three are all elite ninja. I know that the three of you can come up with a strategy. Of course, I will have to approve it." I nodded.

"But for now, do what you can and I will send the three of you on a mission soon. So no one in your clan get suspicious." I looked at Shisui and Itachi, and they seemed accepting of this idea. Not so happy to have the pressure on only the three of us, but they understood.

And so did I.

"Is that all, Lord Hokage?" I asked. I didn't know why I was the only one asking questions. The Hokage nodded, and for some reason, I felt the need to storm out of the room. I soon broke out into a run, and ended up at the village borders. That's when I realized.

I didn't have to stay there. I could run, at that moment I could run and never look back, I could get away from all of this. The clan, the village, all of it. I wouldn't have to deal with all of this. The coup the Uchiha were planning. I could just...run. Never give this village a second thought, let whatever happen, happen. I wouldn't have anything to do with it.

But that would mean losing Itachi and Shisui. And I couldn't lose them. Either of them. I wouldn't allow myself to. I wouldn't allow them to leave me. I had no one but them. No one in the village accepted me. No one in my clan accepted me. Only them, and a select few others. But they were most important. They were my exsistence. 

They were my everything.

I put my hands on my head, and lead them to the thick string that was holding my hair up high. My hair was never properly down. Completely up casually, and in a low ponytail for missions. I hated it down.

Yet, I untied the string, and let my hair fall. I let the wind carry it behind me. The cold air felt good, yet odd. I wasn't used to this feeling. I wasn't used to any of this at all. The stress and the pressure were overwhelming, they always had been. The circles under my eyes and the lines on my face were clearly noticable. The thought of everyone around you hating you isn't exactly comforting.

"Hey, Tane." I heard Shisui yell. I didn't turn my head like I usually would, I just looked out beyond the village. The feeling of freedom overwhelmed me, and I wanted it badly. I craved it. I wanted nothing more than to be able to have the circles and lines outlinining my face disappear. 

"You want to run, don't you?" Shisui read my thoughts, as he usually did. I didn't respond, not even a slight head nod. I just stare at the horizon, conflicted on whether or not it would be a good idea. Whether or not it would save me.

But does that even matter?

"You could, you know. It would most likely make this easier. Your village wouldn't hate you anymore. Your clan wouldn't either. Because they wouldn't be your village or clan. You would leave that behind, become someone new. Forget all of this, run. It would make it better, easier. Go, Tane." I can't say that I wasn't tempted. The way he tried to coax me wanted to make me go more. For two reasons. 

The first, he made it sound so good. So much better than my life at that moment. I wouldn't have to face everyone's stares. I wouldn't have to face the "wordless" mumbling that went on everywhere around me. I wouldn't have to look at the people of this village, the people of my clan, ever again.

The second, he made it seem like he wanted me gone. Like I wasn't one of his best friends. Like he didn't apriciate me. Like he completely hated me and wanted nothing to do with me. It made my heart break and my cage of captivity loosen and freedom knock even harder, even louder. 

But I knew that I couldn't just leave like that. I knew better. Shisui was saying what I wanted to hear. The fact that I wanted him to make me leave, was twisted. But I wanted to be free. I couldn't be free if I was holding myself back. If Itachi and Shisui were holding me back. So he made me let go of that. 

"I can't." I admitted, fearing that I actually could, and Shisui would forcibly push me out of the village and start to yell. Yell at me to leave and get out of his sight forever. It was something that Shisui would do, if it guarenteed someone else's happiness. My happiness. But instead, he sighed and let his head fall.

"Is it Itachi and I?" I nodded, still mezmerized by the freedom tugging me towards it, having to fight not to let it.

"Tane-"

"No. You two are my exsistence, you two mean everything. I cannot give in to selfishness and stupidity. I have to stay here. It will be alright. I know it. It's the three of us. Together, we can do anything. If we wanted to, we could rule the world." I laughed. It was shaky and obviously forced. I couldn't hide that.

"Tane."

"Yeah?"

"You like Itachi, don't you?" For a while, I don't respond to his question. What does he mean? Does he mean as a friend, or more?

But I know the answer. We're best friends. He wouldn't ask the question if he thought it was just that.

"Yeah." I answered. Shisui's head is still down and I feel like I've just killed someone close to me. Maybe I have.

"I'm sorry." I apologized, not knowing what else to do. I didn't know anything about any of...whatever that was. I was always alone. I was always hated. No one loved me. I knew that much.

"You should know better than to apologize, Tane. It's nothing to worry about. Love is love, right?" He said, cheerfully. I didn't know how to respond. Love? Is that really what he saw?

"Tane. Shisui. I've been looking for you two." Itachi announced from behind us. I wondered if Itachi knew what I was thinking, like Shisui did. Shisui could read me like a book, something only he could do. He had the greatest eyes, not only from his mangekyo. From his heart reaching around everyone who allowed it to, and embracing them in an everlasting hug that never faltered, that never faded. 

"Why are you here?" Itachi asked, and I decided to myself. He didn't know what I was thinking. He couldn't read me like a book. To him, I was a locked diary that he could never find the key to. Because someone else had it.

Itachi stood on the other side of me, and I grabbed both his and Shisui's hands. Partly because I wanted comfort. Mostly because if I didn't, I would run. I couldn't do that. I made that clear. I knew that completely.

I decided, that my mind was a place that no one should travel. And hopefully, no one did. Because if someone did, they would never be the same. And neither would I.

____________________________________________

 A/N: Aww

I think it's cute. Partly because I wrote it but for now we're just gonna ignore that fact. 

Just a little fun fact if you will, I was at first gonna write this as a oh-look-shisui-doesn't-even-exsist-and-im-so-popular but then I decided that no. You can't do this and not have Shisui, because Shisui is my life and I don't see enough of him. So you're also getting Shisui, but haivng Tane get a lot of hate.

You have been warned.

So thank you all so much for reading, and I hope you enjoyeeeed.

Remember to vote and share for cat rain.

Yup.

~Stephanie ;)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

135K 3.2K 40
(Previously known as The Uzumaki-Namikaze Twins. I changed the name and cover because it didn't fit with my story well! But this is better!) What if...
142K 5.2K 22
Team Seven, Sasuke Uchiha. Naruto Uzukaze, and Shikamaru Nara. This team was trained by the most elite, so it makes sense that those three would be w...
385K 9.3K 66
Mika Uchiha is the heir to the Uchiha clan, and she hates it. Her father pressures her to be perfect, even after her brother Itachi comes along and t...
100K 4.2K 51
[Book 1] Non-Massacre! Slight AU! "I don't want to protect this village. I want to protect the individuals I care about in the village alone, that's...