|| Love Can Kill ||...

By Qrainee

π™±πšŠπš”πšžπ™ΊπšŠπš–πš’β™‘ "A fit of coughs escaped Katsuki's mouth. Petals. More Petals. It was all he could taste. T... More

Hana Syndrome
The Evolution of a Reader (Spoilers? Nah not really)
Sunshine & Roses
Petty Pansies
Sassy Snapdragons
Snowdrops
Bleeding Hearts
Lackluster Lavender
Not Enough Thyme
Forget Me Not
Beginning of the End
Sharing Sunflowers
*~After Asters~*

Narcissus & Narcissism

8.1K 237 382
By Qrainee

Hi!! It takes until the middle of this chapter for Kami to make an entrance. Hold strong and don't leave! Because from what my readers have said: you're in for a treat!!

✵♥⚘

The first day of senior year was a bust.

The halls were crowded and loud. Laughs peaked above the noise. Different hair colors contrasted together as everyone was squeezed close. There were cliques and groups everywhere, making Bakugo sullen. He looked down at his shuffling feet and willed for the day to end. He had been abandoned, discarded, thrown away; and he just wanted to leave.

Bakugo stumbled through his classes. Papers were pilling up in his folder weighing him down in the hallways. None of it was homework, just stuff his parents had to sign.

The teachers in every class repeated over and over again how this year was so much more important. Blah blah blah, acceptance rates, yada yada yada, this year is going to be harder than the last. The teachers always give them the same spiel every year. There was probably a script.

He hated high school with a passion, and this day only added to the fire. The only reason he was still in the damn brick furnace was because he needed to get into U.A. University. And the only way to get in was being top of your class. U.A. University helped young adults with amazing quirks become pro heroes. Ever since he was little, Bakugo knew what he was going to be when he grew up: The Number One Pro Hero!

Half of the blond's summer was filled doing miscellaneous jobs to save money, which mostly included cleaning and now he couldn't go anywhere near cleaning fluid without getting PTSD.

The other half of his Summer was taken up by acceptance letters and extracurricular activities. Bakugo would've done anything to stand out to U.A.. He kept up with his studies and pulled ahead of his lowly classmates. Bakugo's heart was set on U.A. and nothing would change that.

~+~

Over the Summer Bakugo's best bud, Ren, moved to another city and the two hadn't kept in touch. His other two friends, Aito and Tomohiro, only hung around because of Ren; the guy was an idiot magnet. Bakugo knew Aito and Tomohiro didn't favor him, but fucking christ. Way to ditch a guy.

He was a loner.

Again.

Ren and Katsuki had met in 2nd grade when they were paired together for field day. By that time they had both manifested their quirks and decided to use them to their benefit. The whole day Bakugo's quirk was useless. How could cannons and spitfire help him jump rope? He had felt so weak. But Ren had stepped in and helped Bakugo. Ren made sure to run slower than Bakugo and jump shorter than Bakugo. If Katsuki had known what the black haired kid was doing he would've felt insulted. Now, when the blond thinks back, he's positive Ren could've won the field day all by himself. His quirk replicated things. He could look at anything and then it'd be coming out of his mouth a second later. It was really disturbing as a kid to watch someone throw-up sponges but whatever. Ren was also an amazing athlete. All through junior high he'd won trophies left and right and by ninth grade, colleges wanted to recruit him for his stunning performances.

~+~

Katsuki slammed his backpack on the kitchen table making his mom screech. Nine times. Nine times he'd slammed objects onto the circular dining table. It hadn't even reached the ten point mark yet and she was already yelling at him. Last time, when they still had the horrendous blue square table, it had taken around thirty times for her to even glance up.

"Bakugo! You'll break the table again. I don't think I can afford another one." The poor boy never meant to break things. He just never paid attention to his own strength.

His mom was standing in the doorway holding a wet spoon. The 'old hag' huffed and turned around, heading back into the kitchen. Bakugo inwardly groan. His mom was cooking with the big blue stew pot. She only used that pot if it was Thanksgiving or they were expending company; and it's no where near Thanksgiving.

"Sorry, today was just stressful. I have some papers for you to sign, I'll leave them here."

Bakugo trudged upstairs to his room and collapse on his bed. This year wasn't supposed to be so hard, it was supposed to be his and Ren's big debut.

"Fuck!" Bakugo punched his bed, scattering sparks on his comforter. It felt good to swear. Ren had once told Bakugo that swearing made him uncomfortable so he had made sure to lessen his harsh words. Now Ren was gone.

Bleep!

A message? Bakugo picked up his phone, and low and behold it was from Ren.

R: Hey dude! How was school?! How are Aito & Tomohiro?

B: wow I'll just pretend you didn't go AWOL for 2 months.

B: school was garbage w/o you. Aito and Tomohiro totally ditched me.

R: Sorry man I meant no harm. The house we bought was a total bust and my data couldn't connect anywhere. We moved even farther away. It''s been hell.

B: Did baby Ren just swear?! o.o What about U.A. you're still coming?

R: Desperate times call for desperate measures. I'll definitely try.

R: Don't worry about Aito and Tomohiro they weren't real friends anyways.

With that Bakugo told Ren that he needed sleep and a shower. Texting just wasn't the same as talking and it made his stomach all knotted. Mom's friends had left and Bakugo slipped down stairs to eat the stew she prepared. It was still warm and had a spicy kick to it, just how he liked it

~+~

An embodiment of the sun; that was Katsuki's first fleeting thought when he saw him.

The teacher had been droning on and on about the syllabus for their class. Everyone was in their own little world, yet again the teachers were repeating themselves. Bakugo was looking out the window watching the autumn leaves fall. Three desks back and closest to the window; that's where he always sat.

The door slid open making everyone jump in their seats. A guy wearing a black hoodie and skiny jeans walked in.

"Sorry I'm late. Big school."

The blond settled back into his seat, leaning his chair back. Two legs off the ground used to feel dangerous and cool, now it just looked stupid. The desk behind Bakugo was empty and the new kid was definitely going to take it. He let out a sigh, the desk used to be Ren's. In every class they'd sit in about the same location.

"Hey man, can I borrow a pencil?" Bakugo felt a tap on his shoulder and turned around. The new kid had on a smile that was literally blinding, his yellow hair wasn't helping with the effect. Bakugo grunted under his breath and handed him the smallest pencil in his pouch. The kid's smile only got wider, "Oh me goush, it's so tiny and cute!"

Damn, this year was going to be trash!

~+~

Lunch time was Bakugo's only break. It was the second day of school and he already wanted to hang himself. The school food was shit. It was supposed to be ravioli but it smelled and looked more like Play Dough. Bakugo had picked a far table in the corner to sit at. He doubted Aito and Tomohiro wanted him around. His fork dropped in surprise when a tray clanked down next to him.

"So, I'm just going to sit down considering you're the only one I talked to today." It was the new kid. Katsuki was a little surprised. With this much energy how had he been the only one the stranger had talked to?

Am I stuck with him now?

The kid had sat in every desk that was Ren's. It was like he was following Bakugo. This was going to catch so much attention.

"Whatever." Bakugo stuffed his face with the gross food on his fork. If he just let the dunce stick around, sooner than later he'll see what garbage Katsuki was and leave him alone. Just like Aito and Tomohiro. Bakugo's chewing was interrupted when he heard a big squeal.

"OMG! You should come sit with us!" It was a big group of horny teenage girls that may or may not be in his grade. "Don't eat that garbage. We all brought our lunches and we can share with you~!" The girls had latched onto the poor new kid and were lifting him up. Bakugo's eyes widened when he expertly slipped away from their grasps and winked. Great, a lady's man.

"Ladies, I would love to go and eat with you but my friend over here is just so lonely. Sorry, I'll take your offer some other day." So he pitied Bakugo, was that what this was? The dunce sat back down as the girls left, giggling among each other. "The name's Kaminari but my friends call me Denki, which, I mean is my first name soooo I'd hope they'd call me Denki." He looked at Katsuki expecting something in return.

   "If you think we're friends just because I gave you my pencil, you are highly mistaken." Bakugo pointed his fork in Kaminari's direction.

His look was unwavering, he hadn't stopped looking at Bakugo.

Pushy bastard.

"Bakugo, my name is Bakugo," he mumbled, scooping up more food onto his utensil.

The new kid pouted, "I was kinda looking for your first name."

"I'll think about it. Just call me Bakugo for now." He said, brushing Kaminari off. "I don't want your friendship pity."

"Well Bakugo, I don't care what you think but we will be friends. You know why? Because I don't pity you. Actually, I'm offended you think that." Kaminari's face scrunched up in what Katsuki could only think was a teasing face.

Who even is this guy? Bakugo looked down and tried to focus on his lunch. It had a sticky texture and had become cold. The bell rung and Katsuki got up much too quickly. He had to escape the yellow ball of energy that had been following him all day. Maybe if he got to class early, the desks would be taken.

The fucking new kid grabbed his arms and pulled Katsuki's phone out of his pocket. A quick movement of his fingers and the phone was raised to Kaminari's ear. Bakugo snatched it back and glared at him.

"Hey, I was just calling my phone. Now I have your number." His hands were up in a defensive manner. "We are totally hanging out this weekend."

  Bakugo turned around. Maybe making a new friend or two wouldn't be too bad. But this kid was really pushing his buttons. Who the hell did he think he was?

"Maybe if you stop being so god damn pushy I'll think about it."

His face lit up again.

Damn, that's going to be a problem.

~+~

It had been well into the second semester since the new kid- sorry- D e n k i arrived at school. By that point him and Bakugo were actually pretty good buds. Little parts of him reminded Bakugo of Ren, and it comforted him. They hung out every weekend, either at each others house or some noodle bar.

Bakugo had gained some glares from Tomohiro and Aito in the halls, maybe they wanted him to be alone. It didn't bother the blonde teen. School was fun again and he had someone to talk with. But that didn't mean the kid wasn't annoying as hell.

The pikachu bitch never stopped following him after that day in lunch. It turned out they had every class together so that automatically made them 'the bestest of friends'.

He had started to grow on Bakugo and the blonde couldn't shake the feeling that something was wrong.

Something deep down in his gut told him to run. Run far away and never look back. No one could be this bubbly and still be mentally stable. But he wanted to stay. He wanted to be his friend. Bakugo never thought anyone could fill the hole Ren left, but this kid filled the hole with extra dirt to spare.

Whenever he was around, Bakugo felt warm. Not like 'sweat' kind of warm but a 'full' kind of warm. Like when you stuff your face with warm bread and your stomach's all happy. He practically lit up the room with his smile. And guess the fuck what?! His quirk was this flashy lightning attack that leaves him a cute fumbled mess and completely disarmed. 

   Ren hadn't tried to contact Katsuki again after that night. And somehow, that was okay. He knew they'd see each other again soon. Graduating was coming up fast and their promise was still standing. But still, Bakugo couldn't help but worry a little. He hoped everything was alright.

---------------------------------------------

Bad Boy Down    >m<

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

29.8K 948 18
There were three things you were absolutely certain of: 1. You were head over heels in love with Bakugou Katsuki 2. He would rather jump off a skyscr...
11K 664 20
Raging thunderstorm, heavy rains, warm blankets didn't help at all to Ejiro. Hot tears painting his porcelain exhausted face, the small beat of his...
72.8K 3.2K 16
Kirishima thought that everything would be easy and that he wouldn't be doing the impossible like coughing up Flower Petals whenever he was near Baku...
82.4K 3.4K 17
❝ Pfftt βˆ’ You're an idiot . . ❞ Bakugo turn his face away from the blonde, biting his lip to hide his smile ❝ I might be but βˆ’ I'm your idiot . ❞ Kam...