just for the better II james...

By marauderssmile

Y/n L/n is starting her first year at Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry. She meets many new friends... More

~ authors note ~
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13 ish
14
15 part one
15 part two
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
32
33
34
35
36
37
38
39
40
41
42
43
44 / / part one
44 // part two
44 // part three
45
46
47
48
49
50
51
52
53
54
56
57
58
59 PART ONE
59 PART TWO
59 PART THREE
60
61 - honeymoon, part one
62 - honeymoon, part two
63
64
65
66
67
68
69
70
71
72
73
74
75
76
77
78
79
80 - final chapter
~ authors note ~

55

5K 142 310
By marauderssmile

- a/n: gonna drop a tw(trigger warning) on this chapter for nasuea/vomit ok bye -

-
Every time she saw him in a dream, it was almost as if she knew him. At first, Y/n would just dismiss the dreams, but now, she had started putting some thought into them.

Such as, what could they possibly mean? Why were they recurring? Who's the young boy who kept coming to her in dreams? And most of all— why did Y/n feel like she had such a close connection with the boy, even if she'd never seen him before in her life?

Y/n woke up like trash. She felt horrible— sick. Something must have been wrong. She got out of bed quietly as to not wake up James, and rushed down the hall and to the bathroom.

She threw the door open, knelt down in front of the toilet and, well, threw up. Y/n was not feeling well— at all. Thank god her hair was up.

She turned on the bathroom light since she did not get the chance to do that due to her nausea, and she turned on the sink. Y/n washed her mouth & face, and proceeded to dry her face.

Y/n looked in the mirror for a moment. She observed her looks for a moment— tired e/c eyes, messy h/c hair put up into some sort of half-assed braids, and her s/c skin. As she looked into the mirror she realized, yeah, something was definitely up.

Her eyes were droopy, not just because she was tired. Her hair was messier than usual. Like, James messy. Her skin— don't get me started.

Y/n threw up another time, and went through the same process of washing her face and looking in the mirror, and then she proceeded to drag herself back to bed.

She tip toed into her and James' bedroom, closed the door as gently as she could, and crawled back into bed. Y/n wrapped her arms around a very asleep James, and tried to fall asleep. But no sleep came to Y/n that night, and not because she felt sick. She just kept overthinking and overthinking...

This could only mean one thing.

Eventually, the morning came. Y/n, despite having a sleepless night, was not tired at all. She felt wide awake.

Once Y/n saw the sun come up through the bedroom curtains, she got out of bed right away. It had been about 6:30 AM by then.
Easily the earliest she had ever gotten out of bed. Usually Y/n would be staying up until 6:30 AM, playing board games with the Marauders.

But, not today. Y/n was dressed and ready by 7:00 AM, to go to the pharmacy. She couldn't seem to think straight until she did so. And so that's what Y/n did.

It was a beautiful day outside, and she would have loved to walk to the pharmacy— but no. This couldn't wait. Well, it really could, Y/n was just way too anxious.

Y/n threw on her shoes, grabbed James' car keys— and drove down the street as fast as she could, legally, that is.

After a two or three minute drive that felt like two or three hours to Y/n, she had arrived to the small pharmacy.

Y/n parked James' car, got out, and practically jogged to the door. As she opened it, it jingled.

Y/n walked through each isle as fast as she could, her eyes scanning all the different medications and such that were displayed.

Once she arrived to the third isle, she found what she had been looking for.

A pregnancy test.

Y/n practically raced past the road on her way back home.

When she arrived, she got out of the car, locked it, opened the front door(which she had not bothered to lock), and threw the car keys on the couch. It wasn't until she was halfway up the stairs when she realized she had not taken her shoes off yet.

Y/n started to tip toe once she got to the top floor of the house, as all the bedrooms were on the top floor and everyone but Y/n was fast
asleep.

She opened the bathroom door as quietly as she could— which, for your information, was not that quiet— and she walked inside, pregnancy test in hand.

Y/n stared at the small test in her hand, her whole body shaking. There were two lines on the small screen, meaning, well, she was pregnant.

What just happened? No— Y/n didn't believe it. She couldn't. Y/n was not pregnant, no way. False test for sure. It must have been. Y/n took a few deep breaths but nothing could seem to stop her heart racing.

Y/n had to hold back her tears. It's not like she was angry or sad, God no, she was just, well, she didn't feel ready. Y/n didn't feel mature enough to raise a child, even with James.

She still didn't believe that the test was accurate. Nope.

Y/n was still sitting on the bathroom floor having a panic attack, when she heard a door open from in the hallway. Someone had woken up. Oh— no.

There was a knock on the door of the bathroom that Y/n was in. Why did she keep the lights on?

"Anyone in there?" came the sleepy voice of James from outside the bathroom. Y/n could hear him yawning loudly.

Okay, I take everything back about Y/n having a panic attack. What she was feeling a couple minutes ago was absolutely nothing compared to the anxiety in her heart when she heard James knock on the door.

God, what was she gonna do? Pretend like nobody was in there? Hide the test? No— Y/n couldn't lie. Not to James.

James knocked again and fiddled with the doorknob a little bit, which was locked, much to Y/n's relief.

"Come in," she said weakly, reaching out her arm to unlock the door. She didn't bother standing up.

"Oh, Y/n it's y—" James began as he opened the door, but stopped when he saw Y/n on the floor with, (what was that?) in her hand.

"Hey, hey, you okay?" James whispered in the most gentle voice Y/n had ever heard on a human being, as he closed the door behind him and locked it.

Y/n just started to cry softly. She hugged James, pulling him in as he put his arms around her in a quite confused matter.

"Y/n?" was all James said.

"James," Y/n began, pulling away from James. Her arms were still on his shoulders, but they were apart from each other, just looking at each other. They were both on the floor now.

James only nodded, tilting his head a little bit.

Y/n had stopped crying by now, but it was taking all her willpower to just not break down in front of James.

She took a deep breath and blinked, bracing herself for what was gonna come. James was only looking at her like a confused child.

"James, I—  I think I'm pregnant."

hahahahaaha cliffhanger😎😎
ok so sorry for the long&boring&absolute ASS chapter but i meannn im not THAT angry with how this chapter turned out so yay lol

how do u think james is gonna react? leave ur theories/predictions/feedback in the comments:)

and as always, see u in the next chapter !!

- z 💞

ALSO DAMN THANK YOU SOSOSOSO MUCH FOR 100K READS ON THIS!!! LIKE WHEN I STARTED WRITING THIS I WOULD FREAK OUT WHEN IT GOT 100 READS, BUT 100K???? ITS LITERALLY CRAZY LIKE THANK U ILYSM

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

5.7K 269 32
New description! Sirius Black and Remus Lupin. Best friends. Until they each realised that they were in love. With each other. A/N I don't own any of...
1.5K 80 17
Its been two years since the marauders have graduated. James and Lily are married with a baby on the way, and Sirius and Peter are very busy with th...
10.3K 347 25
Amaya and Sirius had always been close, until they started Hogwarts. They were sorted into separate houses and they sorta developed feelings for each...
6.1K 209 17
Nicholas Steele was quiet, a young 15 year old wizard attending Hogwarts, nothing out of the ordinary. Or at least, that's what everyone else though...