Ultimate Tomboy

By BarristerTife

"What the hell! What was that for? You just bloody broke my nose." "Really? I'm sorry I missed my shot becaus... More

New resumption
Egoistic jerk
Deterrence
party hard
Queen bee
shopping spree
Dinner
Elevator
All lives matter
lemons and lemonades
Detention
Business date
Breakfasts
Twilight thief
Pretty hurts
Carousel
Night of witches
Skepticism
A match and a scandal
Revenge 101
Ultimate Tomboy
First twenty questions
Un incontro con nonna
Blazing tales
Gift shop
Anniversary
Business world
New story alert!!!

Coffee and threadmills

1K 72 26
By BarristerTife

"Anything that doesn't kill you just makes you stronger."
Barrister_Tife.

"The successful warrior is the average man with laser-like focus."
-Bruce Lee.

"The last three or four reps is what makes the muscle grow. This area of pain divides a champion from someone who is not a champion."
-Arnold Schwarzenegger.

This chapter will be dedicated to this bunch of amazing people Tejiri2002 dammie201 asamaoh favvyweezy PerryOpe cheetahgirllaya xeexee17 Wattpad Midnight_Blue22

Read, vote, comment, and enjoy.
____

The egg yolk sun poured through the cracks in the blind and awaited entrance into my eyes. Though my sights are still in the clutches of the night's glue, I hesitantly rubbed the dreams away.

I burrowed myself into the warm, soft thick sheets and I gazed at the white ceiling that matched the creamy walls, although not like the stuff I pour in my coffee. I blinked repeatedly and mentally ran through my agenda for today. Gym.

I pulled the bed cover off me and step on the polished concrete floor. I glanced at the big clock that was hung above my nightstand. 6 am. A photograph of an eight-year-old toothless me who bent low to blow out the candles from my birthday cake stared back at me.

It reminded me of when I forgot to brush my teeth before heading to school. Then my wicked English teacher asked me to join the queue for teeth and lousy breath inspection, and I knew nobody should be looking or smelling my mouth if they wanted their life to remain the same.

It was embarrassing, as well as a good payback to her for sending me off to detention the previous day. Her face was of total mortification and pure agony.

Thirty minutes later, I was dressed in my work out outfits. Tank top, sweatpants and sneakers. I went through what I was supposed to take along with me. Water bottle? checked. Wristwatch? checked. Bluetooth speaker? checked. Phone? I tapped my pants and met with emptiness.

I walked towards the huge furniture, I'm sure is from a high-end Scandinavian designer, but the name slipped my memory.

With everything completed, I began my journey to the gym.

As soon as I stepped out of the house, I saw Jess stepping into her car, she pointed her fingers to her eyes and then at me, giving me the I'm watching you sign. She slammed her door and drove speedily away. I only shook my head at her childishness. She looks good. Prim and proper as always.
__

After checking into the gym. I surveyed my options with optimism. Most machines look as complicated as tumour surgery, while the rest of weight equipment obviously required a degree in ballet just to manoeuvre into the right position.

The thread mill seemed safe enough so I made a beeline straight for a shot. The work out lasted for thirty minutes, and then I got bored and wanted to try something new.

Two college boys worked on bikes next to each other, textbooks in front of them, towels draped across their wide shoulders as they chatted away.

Another guy with arms the size of a Christmas turkey sat on a bench, elbow on his knee, lifting a heavyweight bar while watching his bicep in the mirror. His eyes seemed to fall in love with himself every time his vein bulged.

And all of a sudden, I had the craziest idea ever. I decided I was going to do something new. If the young brunette lady over there can lift heavy weights and squats at the same time then I can do better.

I walked towards the weight lifting section and reached for a heavy lifting bar stacked in a corner of the room. Sweat trickled down my face and back as I struggled to lift it. I soon began to grunt and groan loudly as everyone stared back at me in amusement. Embarrassment crept into my skin slowly but I wasn't ready to give up yet.

"Need some help?" A voice asked from behind me.

"Nah! I'm good and usually very strong. I feel like this bar is the stubborn one." I chuckled and continued struggling with more groans and grunts.

The person didn't leave, instead, he chuckled in fascination. I continued struggling, not paying attention to the stranger.

"The offer for help is still valid you know?" He pressed on.

I sighed tiredly and continued struggling. "Fine! Just a little help."

He chuckled and lifted the weights with me from behind, for two minutes before dropping it safely on the floor. I turned to say thank you but it got stuck in my mouth.

"Luke?" I gasped feigning shock as I stared at him with wide eyes.

"The one and only Luke." He smiled and pulled me into a hug. I chuckled afterwards at how I stupidly displayed my foolishness.

"I didn't know you come here, I have never seen you around." He scratched his hair revealing his toned and muscular arms. I swallowed hard as I watched him glistening with moisture.

"Actually, it is my first time here. I often gym at home but decided to try something new this weekend. Fancy seeing you again."

He raised his brows and grinned. "I think it is fate's way of bringing us together."

I let out an exasperated sigh and grabbed my water bottle to calm my nerves. Seeing Luke again after weeks made my body react strangely.

"Let head to the thread mills. I think it will be easier for you." He said and led me back to where I initially came from.

We both hopped on treadmills which is a stretch for me because I hate cardio and steer clear of the death contraptions as much as possible. We walked and talked together for two hours. Random topics if you asked me. That is the most cardio I have done in months.

We did back exercises with dumbells and laughed at some random joke he threw my way.

"So, I hope you are good?" He raised his brow and cracked his knuckles.

"Sure! I'm good." I gave a sheepish smile. "Thanks."

"I hope you will come here some other time again." His blue eyes watched my every movement.

"You want us to do this again?"

"Sure, we are work out buddies now. Aren't we?" He returned the dumbells to its right position.

"Definitely."

"So I usually hang around star bucks after gym. Do you want to come with me?" He asked as he began wiping off every sweat from his body.

I must have panicked like a deer in the headlight because he gave me a reassuring smile.

"Don't have to!" He raised his hands. "But I thought it might be fun with you."

I swallowed. "Sure, it is not like I have any other better thing to do. Besides, I crave coffee in my system."

"Great! So we will race. The last person to get to the nearest Starbucks that is at the corner of the street foots the bill." He instructed.

"Deal." I clapped my hands repeatedly and soon we began racing.

At first, I was leading and soon I began to get tired. Luke caught up with me and I tried harder but he was too fast.
As I ran in the warm breeze of Saturday morning, yet I'm shaking with my stomach knotted up either out of tiredness or stress, I don't know. I can't tell. But the hair in my skin stands to attention.

I ran into Starbucks panting like I just ran the world longest marathon. Luke laughed at my almost passed out self as I glared at him in response. We settled on our seat that faced the window side.

Luke ordered a caffè Americano while I ordered iced pineapple matcha coconut milk drink.

"It wasn't so bad, was it?" Luke asked.

"Nope," I said and paid the waitress that brought the bill.

I hugged myself tightly as I stared at my back for the umpteenth time. I can feel my pulse pounding in my temples as goosebumps resurfaced in my skin. Call me paranoid, nervous, or whatever. I don't care because I can seem to shake off the feeling that I'm being watched.

__

~~I promised to update yesterday but ended up updating today please pardon me~~

~~Your favourite moment and why??~~

~~Future predictions and suggestions??~~

~~And lastly please do not forget to vote and comment~~

~~See you in the next chappie chapter~~

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

68.5K 2.1K 39
Why should a teenager's life be anything but normal? Princess Luna Jones has some dark secrets. And yet, even her family had secrets, was there anot...
2.9K 160 22
TRIGGER WARNING! Read the first story, "His Name Is Lucifer," or don't, it doesn't matter. This story Break My Heart can be read as a stand-alone. I...
56.4K 1.2K 24
Well there's always a stereotype that a lil naive girl falling for his hot jock brothers best friend!!! But, I broke all the stereotypes because I fe...