Safe With Me

By Arij_A

Madison Blake's name should be put as an example in the dictionary under the word unlucky. Her parents left... More

•Trailer/Author's Note /Characters & Aesthetics /Copyright•
Motormouth
Lost in remains
Fascino
Just her luck
Pepper
Sleeping Beauty
Green Light

Numb

46 15 9
By Arij_A

Chapter song: Avril Lavigne - Slipped Away

- - - - - - - - - - -

⚠️WARNING⚠️

THIS CHAPTER CONTAINS SEXUAL VIOLENCE/ASSAULT AND STRONG LANGUAGE. IF YOU GET TRIGGERED EASILY,  I ADVISE YOU TO NOT READ THIS CHAPTER.

   - - - - - - - - - - -

The sound of the slamming door made Madison quickly jump from the side chair in Gabriel's room. She just had managed to stuff Gabriel's bag under the bed when the door opens.

Shit.

He wasn't supposed to be home.

Jason's staggering steps stop at the end of the bed. She could feel his eyes roaming up and down her body "Why the fuck are you here?"

"I came to check up on Gabriel." was all she said. She could feel sweat run down her forehead as her breathing began to quicken.

"Where is he?" His disgusting voice questions, she tries not to flinch once she saw his hand rise.

It's a reflex she had gotten so used to doing.

"I don't know" She lies.

She knew exactly where he was. He was at his friends house, that's where she was going to pick him up as soon as she was done packing his stuff.

"Bullshit!" The volume of his voice getting louder as he angrily looks at her. "Tell me where he is."

"He's probably working so he can pay for the bills of your alcohol consumption." I nonchalantly say as I watch his eyes darken even more.

"That's no way to speak to me, you good for nothing bitch." He takes a step forward, anger seeping through him. "I'm not sure if you're fully aware what I can do to you." His hands grab her arm and slowly tighten around it, but Madison didn't dare wince, she didn't want him to know he hurt her.

"Do you need a reminder?!" His other hand travels upwards on her forearm sending an awful feeling in Madison's body.

She looks at him in pure disgust as she gathers up her saliva and spits in his face. He releases his hold on her arm, clenching his jaw he wipes away the spit.

She knew that was a terrible thing to do at a moment like this, because it usually ended up badly for her, multiple scars and bruises were proof enough.

He quickly walks back towards her and grabs her by her throat. Pinning her against the wall his hand slowly squeezing around her throat. His menacing gaze looking straight in her eye.

The system had put her into this house and she hated them for it. Her grandmother was in a coma at the time and since she was her only family, she was placed into Foster care.Two months later, her grandma died.

She was twelve and an orphan.

So Foster care made the decision to make Jason her legal guardian. At first Madison was fine with it because Jason actually cared.

He was a cop after all....

Jason was a good father figure she never had, she even considered him a friend. He would always be there whenever she needed him. He would make her feel better every time she would cry thinking about her beloved grandmother. He never did anything bad, he was one of the nicest people she had known.

Or so she thought.

When she was young she always wondered why he never adopted her but present day, she was thankful and relieved that it didn't happen.

When she turned sixteen...everything changed.

He started drinking.

Gambling...

Giving her looks that made her uncomfortable...

Groping her...

Abusing her...

When she turned seventeen, Jason decided to foster a seven year old black kid.

Gabriel.

His mother was in prison and his dad had recently passed away from lung cancer. Which immediately caused him to be replaced into foster care.

Jason saw this as an opportunity and took it.

He was going broke and he needed the money.

The money that was coming from foster care so he can provide and take care of Gabriel. He ended up using it to buy alcohol with it and gamble it all away.

He treated Gabriel like he was some sort of slave and Madison would find her hatred towards Jason to grow more each passing day.

So Gabriel and Madison became family. She would always protect him and he would do the same. They were an unstoppable team.

Until she turned eighteen.

She was legally an adult so Jason kicked her out. Even though she hated being in that dreadful house, she didn't want to leave it. Not when Gabriel was there all alone with that monster.

She had nowhere to go, she was homeless. But thanks to her boyfriend Adrian, he helped her out. They lived together in an apartment his parents rented out for him. She of course had a job and helped pay the bills, while he was in college studying and working shifts at a burger place. It was complicated but they worked it out.

So with the help of Adrian, they would find ways to help Gabriel by sneaking him out of the house whenever Jason was knocked out cold from all his drinking. He would sleep at there apartment every night and Madison would help him with his school work.

It was like they were one big happy family.

But happiness never lasts.

Jason eventually found out and would lock Gabriel inside the house. Beating him up and not feeding him for a whole week. The only time I would see him was after school and he would always lie aboutJason not hurting him. But the evidence was clear on his skin. Bruises and scars that told a whole story were covered up in makeup. But they were to big to not go unnoticed.

Madison would cry herself to sleep every night wishing she could do something. The police didn't help, they trust Jason since he is a cop. Foster care didn't help, they said Jason is one of the best Foster parents there was.

But Jason didn't deserve to even be a Foster parent. No pedophile should.

So for the next three years, she did everything she could do to help. Gabriel would find ways to sneak out of the house and those were the days they would look forward to. They made a plan that once they have enough money they're going to run away.

They were going to start a new life.

Which brings us to three years later. Gabriel is out with his friends as Madison packs all his stuff so they can later board a train and start a new life.

But Jason wasn't supposed to be home.

"You should be grateful that I provided a roof over your head! You would be living on the streets if it wasn't for me!" He growls while tightening his grip. "I own you! Whatever you're planning on doing, you can't get away from me!" He harshly whispers in her ear, finally letting go of her throat and backs away.

Madison ends up on the ground gasping for air as her shaky hand quickly goes to her bruised neck. "You fucking bastard!" She coughs trying to breathe probably.

Jason's menacing laugh echoes throughout the room "You know what...I think it's about time you start appreciating me." He takes a step backwards eyeing her body from head to toe, his gaze landing on her chest. "And I think I know how that will happen." He starts moving towards her in a slow pace, while unbuckling his belt."

Madison felt like someone poured a bucket of ice cold water on her. She was frozen in place, not able to get up from the ground.

"Somehow...I don't mind that Gabriel isn't here" His belt slowly comes off, not once his eyes leaving her body. His gaze was so dark and cold, Madison knew there was no way of escaping him. "I can finally teach you a lesson by fucking your brains out."

She felt bile threatening to come up. Her eyes quickly look toward the unhinged door and she tries to make a plan to escape. Slowly getting up on her feet, she found it hard to steady herself. His close proximity was causing her to panic and this was not the time for a panic attack.

"Please, n-no, d-don't do this..." her voice comes out in whimpers as she feels her tears fall rapidly.

"You have been such a tease these past years...I think it's about time I fill you up." His venomous voice causing Madison to stumble back. She was walking backwards towards the bedroom door and his predator eyes were slowly following her.

"Why haven't I fucked you along time ago?" His hand strokes the bulge through his jeans as he licks his lips eyeing her hungrily.

At that Madison ran towards the door, opening it and trying to get out of the house. Her shoulder hit the door frame as she avoided his quick hands that were trying to grab her. Stumbling as she got away, she felt the rug from under her move, causing her to fall face flat. He had pulled the hallway rug from under her and pulled her up from her hair.

Screams of pain left her mouth as she felt chunks of hair being pulled from her scalp. He dragged her back towards the room as she kept scratching and kicking him, but no matter how much she fought he wasn't affected in the slightest.

Everything happened so fast she didn't realize that they were back in the room until she heard the click of the lock. Her back was pressed against the wall as she felt his hands groping her, his tongue moving across her skin as his lips made there way to hers making her screams and cries highly increase.

At that moment she bent her knee and kicked him in the groin. He lets go of her and backs away in pain. She quickly rushes back to the door but fumbles with the door, it was locked and the key was no where to be found.

"HELP!" Nonstop tears quickly blocked her vision "SOMEBODY HELP!" She prayed to God the neighbors would hear her, prayed to God anybody would.

But no one heard.

No one cared.

"SHUTUP YOU FUCKING SLUT!" He grabs her body and slams it against the wall again causing her to fall to the ground and his nonstop kicks to bruise her fragile body. Strong aching pain spread throughout her body. She groans in agony trying to get up.

But she couldn't.

She felt broken.

Jason seemed to have gotten exhausted from kicking and punching her because he stopped for a while and started unzipping his pants. He goes back to tormenting her with his lips and hands as he unzips her jeans and removes her underwear.

Everything happened in a blur. She was too weak to move. She was too weak to fight her own battles. She wasn't able to scream. It was like she became mute. All she saw were her tears blocking her vision. All she felt was his hands groping her breasts, squeezing any part of her body he could get his hands on.

It was a nightmare. A never ending nightmare that will become a constant memory in her mind...replaying over and over.

You'll never be able to forget it. How can you?

All you would feel after that is numb.

Not just physically, emotionally.

She remembers hearing Gabriel calling out her name. She remembers hearing yelling and Gabriel crying. She remembers hearing a gunshot. She remembers waking up on the ground after being unconscious the whole night. 

She remembers seeing Gabriel's lifeless body laying in a pool of his own blood. She remembers the piercing screams she yelled as she slowly crawled towards him, cradling him as her tears never once ceased.

This was three months ago.

During those three months, police have been searching for Jason but he was no where to be found. Gabriel's funeral took place in a quiet ceremony that had close friends that were lucky to have known him. Madison spent her time trying to continue on with her lost, sometimes even almost giving up.

But she didn't.

Instead she decided to live, not just for her. But for her brother Gabriel.

"Madison." A calming voice caused her to frantically open her eyes meeting concerned green ones.

She was breathing heavily as she took in her surroundings, she was at Ian's place, sleeping on the couch in his arms.

The nightmare still fresh on her mind as she tried to blink away the tears. This was the reason for takes those pills. She didn't want to remember that night.

But as she felt Ian's soft touch on her back, she quickly calmed down. "It's okay Madi. You're safe." He whispers "You're safe here with me."

She quickly nods letting a shaky breathe out as she snuggled closer to him, his grip around her tightening, not letting her go as they both peacefully drifted back to sleep. For the first time in three months, Madison slept.

For the first time in three months she felt safe.

• A U T H O R ' S  N O T E •

This chapter was some sort of flashback/dream Madison had gone through.

Even though this is a work of fiction...RAPE, MURDER, SEXUAL ASSAULT/VIOLENCE is a real issue and I took no pleasure in writing this chapter.

It's the hardest thing I have ever written but I wanted to talk about things that happen in every day life.

Whether it be Foster Care, Adoption, being orphaned.

Whether it being loosing someone close. Having trouble with life. Feeling alone.

Whether it being about being sexually assaulted, abused or having suicidal thoughts.

This is a problem a lot of people have faced and still face til this day, no matter the gender.

If you're one that has gone through anything like this, just know that you're not alone and I'm here for you. Send me a message if you need someone to talk to ❤️

I love everyone of you guys
❤️❤️❤️

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

594K 17.5K 102
"If you want to try again, I've learned a few things since then and now I'm sure... I would make it so, so good for you..." Luke pulls back, a troubl...
3.2M 80.8K 44
Carter Miller is a 17 year old girl who started moving around with her mom when her dad died. They end up in her moms hometown for Carter to graduate...
154 1 10
"You're the enemy, so why am I so drawn to you..." "When will you grow up and realise fairytales don't exist, we don't get a happy ending Kyl...
Mad Temptation By KalyxIole

Mystery / Thriller

161 26 36
For years, Aubrey Evergreen. Wants to investigate who killed her parents. But years after, she believed that they were killed in a car accident. Now...