A magical love affair - Seve...

By charmed9292

In July 1978, a distraught Petunia Evans and devastated Severus Snape stumble upon each other. The childhood... More

Prologue - Waking up was a mistake!
Chapter 1 - On the run from a nightmare
Chapter 2 - Life hurts like hell!
Chapter 3 - Misery loves company!
Chapter 4 - Whiskey sharing with a childhood nemesis
Chapter 5 - Comfort drinks open up your mind
Chapter 6 - Honesty is the key to healing!
Chapter 7 - Facing some bitter truths hurts!
Chapter 8 - Lilies aren't always angels!
Chapter 9 - Collapsing chart houses of lies
Chapter 10 - Deals inspire magic!
The wonders of magic, I!
The wonders of magic, II!
Chapter 13 - Glum life in Spinner's End!
Chapter 14 - The power to change a life
Chapter 15 - Blooming flowers of attraction
Chapter 16 - Affectionate touches
Chapter 17 - Comfort causes new sparks to fly!
Chapter 18 - Extracting mental images via magic is cool!
Chapter 19 - Turning up the heat!
Chapter 20 - Tight hugs awake one's hopes!
Chapter 21 - Shy kisses warm your heart!
Chapter 22 - Love confessions and kisses in the kitchen!
Chapter 24 - The magic of Italian food, I!
Chapter 25 - The magic of Italian food, II!
Chapter 26 - Amourous Potions brewing!

Chapter 23 - The electrifying tingles of magic!

345 11 0
By charmed9292

Severus' Home, Spinner's End, Cokeworth, July 1978

Severus couldn't stop the beaming smile that was plastered on his face and transformed his sullen face into a no doubt grotesque grimace. But he didn't give a damn about his appearance or how sappy he might look. His beautiful girlfriend kissed him affectionately on the lips, accepted him for who he was and trusted him enough to let him see inside her mind via magic. His life was a surreal happy dream. He would have never guessed that the seemingly magic-hating Petunia Evans would be so excited to see a spell being cast. Merlin, he had thought until yesterday that Petunia would sneer at him, insult him as a greasy bastard and threaten to call the Aurors if he performed magic in front of her eyes. What a difference a day and a heart-to-heart talk could make.

Now, Petunia was his chance to find happiness, experience real love and believe in his abilities as a talented potions brewer. Hell, she had rescued him from a fate as an evil murdering servant to a crazy Lord and gave him hope to change his life for good. He would try everything in his power to make this new foreign romance work. He was already addicted to her sweet kisses, tender touches, and heart-warming love confessions. He couldn't wait to spend many happy hours with her. Living out magical adventures, discussing their daily life and dreams and making out with her in his newly renovated house. He really was some lucky bastard.

He pecked Petunia quickly on the lips, savored in her cherry taste and floral scent, and stroked her side affectionately. Looking in her clear, sparkling sapphire eyes, he wanted nothing more than to gift her the world and show her how deep his love for her was with passionate kisses, frenzied touches, and tender caresses. But they needed to move on with renovating his kitchen, cooking Penne Napolitana and brewing the Laughing Potion. Therefore, he addressed her in a gushing voice.

"Petunia, I can't express to you how happy I'm right now. Although I'm really tempted to kiss you senseless, I know that we should move on with our evening plans. I can't wait to see your doubtless classy plans for my new kitchen. So, if you are ready, I would like to cast the Mental Images Extraction Spell. Relax, focus on the new design of my kitchen and keep eye contact with me. I promise that I will be gentle." Severus waited for Petunia's sign. Her quick nod, trustful look, and gentle squeeze signaled her readiness. He clasped his beloved wand tightly in his hand, concentrated on the incantation Ostende fantasias and tipped his wand gentle on her temple. He looked into her alluring crystal blue eyes and waited for her mental image to transform.

Petunia felt a little nudge inside her mind, basked in the electrifying tingle of Severus' magical energies and focused her inner eye on the new interior design for Severus' kitchen. She couldn't wait to see her plans transforming out in thin air via a magical hologram-like image above her head, to see the awe in Severus' eyes and to hear his approval. For she had no doubt that he would like her ideas and trusted in her taste. If she was completely honest with herself this whole renovating the house business after her taste made her feel really special and grateful, for she could live out her creative side and help him transform his house almost like his wife-to-be. God, Petunia knew that thinking in these terms and envisioning a happy future with him in wedded bliss was dangerous and rather fast thinking on her side. But she couldn't stop herself from dreaming of a happy future inside this house with Severus by her side.

Sure, she had not even broken thing off with the tyrant Vernon yet and didn't know Severus as a woman should know her fiance. But she felt such a deep connection with him and so in love that her mind couldn't stop picturing this new kitchen as her dream kitchen. Therefore, the picture above their heads showed Petunia's dream kitchen. The walls were painted in a fresh, friendly lime green, mixed up with a lovely cream colored decorative wallpaper picturing green apples that would grace the wall on the left side of the kitchenette, where a little sycamore kitchen table with four matching simple sycamore chairs with lime green upholstery would be placed. The ceiling was painted in cream, whereas the floor consisted of a light brown vinyl floor. The kitchen cabinets themselves were held in graphite tones, complete with chrome-colored door handles, a sycamore wood worktop and a chrome-colored exhaust hood.

The kitchen unit contained the following features. Three wall cupboards for dishes, glasses, cups and bowls, one sink unit cupboard with a high-grade steel sink, storage space for bins and cleaning agents and a chrome-colored dishwasher, one cooktop unit cupboard with a four-platted ceramic glass hob, a floor unit composed of two huge drawers for pots and pans as well as supplies and a smaller floor unit consisting of one small drawer for silverware as well as one bigger drawer for a mixer, immersion blender and food processor. Besides that, her kitchen united included an apothecary cabinet with two drawers for spices and more supplies and an oven unit cupboard with a baking oven on eye level above an integrated refrigerator with a freezer.

The finishing touches in the room were the grey colored window frame encircling the double-glazed window that was seated around the corner of the little kitchen table. On the granite windowsill set herb pots like parsley, basil, and chives above a simple, horizontal heater. The lime green wall opposite the kitchen unit was decorated with cream-colored framed pictures of green apples and deciduous trees and the whole kitchen was lit up by a warm yellow light emitting rectangular ceiling lamp.

Petunia still gazed in awe at the projected image. She still couldn't fathom the seemingly endless possibilities of magic and couldn't wait to see Severus enact her ideas with a few spells and flicks of his wand. Although she still felt a little jealous pang for not being gifted with this special, mind-blowing and life-simplifying powers, she felt overjoyed and blessed to witness Severus casting spells. Sure, a part deep inside of her heart still yearned to be magical as well. But she couldn't force something that wasn't meant to be. And she could still enjoy the perks of magic and see its wonders, even partake in some, if she embarked on her romance with Severus. Therefore, she gazed in his gorgeous, pride-full sparkling obsidian eyes, threw her arms tightly around his neck and encouraged him to voice his opinion of her new kitchen designs.

"Well, Severus. What do you say to my design ideas for your kitchen? Although I'm still blown away by the wonders of this spell, the electrifying tingle of your magical energies and the realistic quality of this hologram, I can barely contain my suspense for your reactions. Do you like it? If something isn't to your liking, I'm sure that we can come up with something new. Please stay assured that I won't take some critique personally, for your kitchen should surely also be designed to your liking. So, if something is bothering you, you can voice it without being afraid of my fury. I promise to enjoy our pasta date regardless of your reaction."

Severus put his arms around Petunia's middle, planted a sweet kiss on her cheek and addressed her concerns in a calm voice.

"Petunia, I know that I could voice my honest opinion about your design plans without enraging you. But you don't need to fear a negative reaction to your plans on my part. In fact, I love your design ideas, because as a true Slytherin green is my favorite color. And the sycamore furniture and grey kitchen cabinets are exactly my taste, for I like natural materials and earthy colors. So, I will transfigure this kitchen according to your ideas in a few minutes. I still can't fathom how you can come up with these amazing ideas without missing any valuable items in such a short time. You have really a gift in the design department and I can't express with words how lucky I'm to have such a multi-talented, beautiful and kind girlfriend, for you don't only know how to design a room, you also know how to deal with money and numbers.

"So, if your career as a business consultant doesn't work out for you, I'm sure that you would be really successful in managing your own interior design business. But the fact that I'm the only human on the planet right now who is gifted with your superior design skills, makes me feel really special. Thence, if you don't mind, I will give you a short lesson in Transfiguration and Charms and change this sorry excuse of a kitchen from hell into this dream version in no time, for I really want to move on to our pasta date real quick. And I can already say that it will be an even greater pleasure to cook inside this new dream kitchen for you. So, thank you again for your help and being you, Petunia."

Severus expressed his gratitude with a tender kiss on Petunia's red lips. Petunia returned his tender kiss, giggled slightly as he nibbled on her bottom lip and sighed happily into the kiss. Severus heart-warming, touching compliments had forced a sole happy tear out of her sapphire eyes because nobody had paid her any compliments before. This affectionate, easy-going and loved up relationship was so new to her, cause Vernon had only insulted her for her solid Cup B breasts and slightly curved figure as an unsexy tomboy, her career plans in business and finance studies as a feminist hag and her refusing to have sex with him as a frigid, cold bitch.

And his touches were always firm, painful grasps, unwanted, disgusting gropes and bruising, hateful kisses. She was so lucky to escape this abusive hell of a relationship and be in this lovely, caring romance right now. Thence, Petunia clung to Severus' surprisingly strong back, shared some tender kisses with him and only broke off their air-stealing kisses with great reluctance. But she really was giddy with happiness and excitement and couldn't wait to feel his magical energies tingle on her skin and his amazing charms work out in front of her eyes. Therefore, she nudged him playfully on to transfigure his run-down kitchen.

Severus chuckled amused, feeling invigorated by her kisses and excitement to see him cast some spells. She really gave him the feeling that he could fulfill every single one of his dreams and change the world with his magical powers. It was such a unique feeling that someone believed whole-heartedly in him, was his new champion and praised him for his magical powers that Severus felt truly touched and loved by it. He would do anything to see her sapphire eyes light up or her beaming smile on her beautiful face. Besides that, he loved to cast spells, feel the magical energy rush through his veins and see a beautiful transformation enact in front of his eyes. Therefore, he gave her a cheeky grin, a faked bow with the words "As your majesty wishes", clutched his dark wooden wand tightly and concentrated on the correct wand movements and incantations.

First, he changed the floor via a non-verbal Transfigura solum into the light brown vinyl floor, the ceiling via a non-verbal Colora constratum into a cream color and walls via a quick, audible swishing Colora parities to impress Petunia into a lime green color, concentrating hard on getting the decorative wallpaper with the green apples on the wall on the right side beside the window right. After that, he transfigured the old, wind-letting in window via an audible Muta fenestram into its new grey-colored and double-glassed glory with a granite, herbs inhabited windowsill and charmed the old lightbulb on the ceiling into the new stylish ceiling lamp via Transfigura lucernam.

Next, he transformed the old, broken kitchen table and chairs via Transfigura mensam/sedilia into their new sycamore counterparts and changed wooden debris in any furniture item of his new graphite kitchen unit. With a verbal Verte armarium he transfigured one wall cupboard that he multiplied due to a simple Gemini Spell in three and transfixed on the wall with an easy non-verbal Permanent Sticking Charm. With a simple Verte armaria he created one sink unit cupboard, one cooktop unit cupboard, one oven unit cupboard, two floor units and an apothecary cabinet with the correct number of drawers.

He spelled everything with an easy Wingardium leviosa on its right place, but he needed to transfigure the electrical appliances out of their broken forerunners. Therefore he turned the broken fridge with a powerful Transfigura fridge into the new shiny chrome-colored fridge-freezer, his rusty coal-burning stove with a Transfigura stove and Electrify item into the new shiny chrome-colored oven, ceramic glass hob, and exhaust hood and transfigured his new dishwasher out of an old, broken radio. He could only transform the old, aluminum sink into its new high-grade steel sink with a non-verbal Verte sink and a powerful Repero waterpipe.

To make the old system of wires work in his new kitchen unit, he spelled a Reparo wiring over the whole kitchen and connected the new gadgets with an Applica gadgets. Last, but not least, he turned wooden debris into the cream-color framed nature pictures with a Verte picture frame, transfixed them on the wall with Permanent Sticking Charms, vanished every rotten supply with a simple Vanishing Spell out of the new cupboards and fridge and preserved every goof food or kitchen item with a powerful Conserving Spell or Sorting Spell. Although the extreme use of his magical powers exhausted him, he felt a pure joy pulsing through his veins as he saw Petunia's amazed face. Furthermore, he felt really powerful. Like a billionaire who could fulfill every wish of his dream girl and basked in the lingering tingles of his magical energies. He could almost smell the magic in their air and sense its powers vibrating tingles.

He also noticed that Petunia's skin seemed to radiate with a new glow and trembled slightly. That was an odd occurrence, for Muggles usually weren't that affected by spells that were cast not upon them, but in their close proximity. He didn't know why Petunia seemed to be electrified by his magical energies, but he vowed to research this phenomenon at another time. Now, he wanted to relish their happiness and enjoy a lovely dinner date with her. Therefore, he put his wand in his trouser pocket, approached her with a warm smile and hugged her tightly. Magic really electrified every fiber in his body and made his life so colorful.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

397K 21.3K 63
(140,000+ words) In the aftermath of war, Harry tries to pull his life back together. Guilty of all the blood on his hands, he seeks a way to deal wi...
11.3K 148 21
My requests are open! I will do anything! This story will contain: Fluff and angst. Please do not hesitate to give me requests! I hope you enjoy!
3.1K 56 68
As Sirius grew up, he not only had to battle the growing disappointment his parents had brewing for him, but also the odd dance that fired in his sto...
5.7K 266 23
Petunia finds Harry's adoption papers. She can finally get rid of him. From now on he lives with his father Tobias Snape. AU, Summer before 5th Year...