Winx club: Myth or Reality

By noblefan

Taking place in an alternate storyline, it begins with the world that no longer remembers the conflict betwee... More

Chapter 1: Awakening
Chapter 2: Time has a way of testing our bonds
Chapter 3: More forgotten memories
Chapter 4: I'll miss you
Chapter 5: Dark rising
Chapter 6: Reincarnation
Chapter 7: Unworthy
Chapter 8: You need it more
Chapter 9: Find yourself
Chapter 10: More lessons
Chapter 11: Tensions
Chapter 12: Reborn
Chapter 13: A trip to Egypt
Preview
Chapter 14: Finding the library and the diary
Chapter 15: Blown cover
Chapter 16: The shrine
Important, please read
Chapter 17: Running away
Sorry everyone, but I will be going to the army
Chapter 18: Going to Gardenia
Chapter 19: Eldora
Chapter 20: Mythix
Chapter 21: Calavera island
Chapter 22: Zombies
Chapter 23: Fearwood Part 1
Chapter 24: Fearwood Part 2
Chapter 25: Fearwood Part 3
Chapter 26: Stella is made queen
Temporarily back!
Chapter 27: Stella's party
Chapter 28: Boyfriend Part 1
Chapter 29: Boyfriend Part 2
Chapter 30: Circus trouble
Chapter 31: Prepare yourselves
Chapter 32: James's secret
Chapter 33: Demanding answers
Chapter 34: One of the heroes
Chapter 35: Lab experiment
Chapter 36: Going with a cloak
Chapter 37: The world of friendship
Chapter 38: The lost memories
Chapter 39: Student and teacher
Chapter 40: Invaders
Chapter 41: Sushi
Chapter 43: Friendships till the end
Chapter 44: No more secrets
Chapter 45: Remember
Chapter 46: Acheron
Final chapter: Unity
Goodbye

Chapter 42: Not her

162 7 21
By noblefan

Sunset's house

"Well, it's Monday. Time for you to get going to Canterlot high" said James as he placed breakfast on the table.

"Thanks for waking me up, however.....I don't really feel like going" said Sunset.

"But if you don't go, we won't know if whether this Trixie person is really the one responsible for all of this. I can't search the whole school on my own, I barely know the place" said James.

"You're right.......alright, I'll go. But I expect things to go back to the way it used to be, since everybody still thinks I'm the bully" said Sunset.

"Well, lets hope we can resolve this today. In the meantime, I'll do a final sweep on the remainder of the city. Like Applejack's barn, the rest of the beach and so on. I'll meet you at the school, if I can find you there first and hoping I don't get lost" said James.

"Right, thanks a lot James. For helping me......and making this great breakfast" said Sunset.

"No worries, now let's get going shall we?" asked James as he helped Sunset up.

And so...while Sunset went to Canterlot high, James began traveling to places he had never been to yet. He was asking questions about the memory stone and all of them gave him the same answer.

Beach

"This is the memory stone, I know its a crazy name and it looks crazy but have you seen it before?" asked James as he showed people the drawing of the stone.

"Nope, never seen it" said a man.

"Sorry young man, it's not here" said a woman.

"If we dig it up, we'll let you know!" said two kids.

Applejack's barn

"Memory stone, have any of you seen it?" asked James.

"Never seen it in my life sonny" said Granny Smith.

"Nnope" said Big McIntosh.

"That's the strangest seed I ever saw....but no" said Apple Bloom.

"You're still with Sunset?" asked Applejack.

"She's not the person you think she is anymore. She's changed, just give her a chance. And please, if you find this stone, let me know immediately because it's important to you and me" said James.

"Sounds.....weird. Alright, I'll let you know. But I'm not telling that Sunset, I've got my eye on her. She can't change that easily" said Applejack as she left for Canterlot high.

"You're right, it's not that easy. But that's why you don't remember the journey she's taken with you and the others" said James quietly.

Mall

"If you see this stone, could you let me know?" asked James.

"Sure thing son, if I spot it" said a mall cop.

"Maybe it's on sale" said a woman.

"You should try the black market at the back of the mall" said a shady person.

"I smell girl's underwear in your pocket" said another shady person.

"Wow, how big is your girl?" asked a man as he held Bloom's underwear.

"Hey! How did you pluck that from my wallet?!" asked James as he began fighting with everyone.

Canterlot high

"So how goes the search?" asked Sunset while ignoring the stares.

"Unfortunately everyone doesn't seem to know about it. Now all that's left is to ask the teachers and students here at your school. In the end, this place may have the answers we seek" said James.

"Also, why do your pants look like they've been through a shredder?" asked Sunset.

"A bunch of guys tried taking my sister's underwear from my wallet and so I beat them all up. Also, I lost my own underwear in the process. Since it takes too long to make myself another one, I'm wearing my sister's underwear as a substitute right now" said James.

"You're wearing girls underwear?" asked Sunset with a smirk.

"Would you prefer it if I was a girl right now?" asked James with a grin.

"With what you're wearing underneath your pants, yeah" said Sunset.

"Ok then, as you wish" said James as he soon became a girl.

"Now that my mind is at ease, I was just thinking of something. Why don't you pretend you're a student from another school and that you're thinking of transferring here? At least that way, you'll be able to gain access to most parts of Canterlot high because you need to see where you'll be 'studying' after all" said Sunset.

"Hmm.........ok, I'll try it. What do I do now?" asked James.

"I'll take you to principal Celestia, she's not that different from the one you met in Equestria. With the exception of vast magical knowledge and all those other things a princess needs and does of course" said Sunset.

And so, James met up with principal Celestia and she agreed to allow James to take a tour of the school. She also hoped that James would be impressed enough that she would want to transfer here permanently. Since she was there, James also asked principal Celestia if whether or not she had seen the memory stone but unfortunately she hadn't.

With this opportunity, James was now free to roam the campus without anyone suspecting her. Since Sunset had classes to attend, James began asking the students if whether they've seen the memory stone. But there were a lot of students, this was going to take a long time on her own. She could use clones but she didn't think the students would appreciate a phenomena like that, imagine just seeing her walk away and then suddenly she's behind you.

James began asking around, asking the students if whether or not they've seen the memory stone. Since all likely evidence points to a student here at the school, James was also being careful and she kept an eye on all of the students' expressions.

Nearing lunch hour, James made a quick stop to the school's fashion club and there were a lot of fancy clothes there. Some of the students had noticed James and they were immediately measuring James with their fingers. Being as tall as principal Celestia, they thought she'd make a great catwalk model.

One of the students that had noticed her was Rarity and she immediately grabbed James's hand and pulled her towards her work station.

"I heard from Pinkie Pie that you're hanging around with that Sunset Shimmer, honestly that girl is nothing but trouble for all of us! But let's put that aside and let's discuss FASHION!" said Rarity as she soon measured James all over.

"I think she's nice and she's trying to do the right thing now. Similarly, have you seen this anywhere?" asked James as she showed Rarity the drawing of the memory stone.

"Hmm.........I don't recall ever seeing.......the only time I've seen something like that is when Sunset showed me the exact same drawing at the beach on Saturday and she also asked me if whether I've seen it or not. She called it the memory stone" said Rarity.

"Yes and you must believe me. Your memories have been stolen because of this item" said James.

"Memories of what?" asked Rarity.

"Of the adventures you've had with Sunset" said James.

"ME?! With Sunset?! Now I find that hard to believe, after all that she's done to ruin my friendship with my friends......." said Rarity.

"Listen.....you're not.....quite as stubborn as Applejack so just please hear me out. Sunset has changed and it's all because of you and your friends. Now that she's lost you all, she's....she's lost without your friendship. But you wouldn't know that because of the person who's using this memory stone. Just watch Sunset, see what she's doing. At least let her show it to you through her actions.....please. I'm sure you and the others are no strangers to magic right?" asked James.

"You know about magic?" asked Rarity with a surprised look.

"I'm a master of magic, here's my certification" said James as she magically brought out her proof.

"..........Alright, I'll give it a try. But I'm still keeping my eye on Sunset Shimmer because all I remember is all those horrible things she's done to this school! Like who does she think she is? She acts like the whole school should be serving her" said Rarity with a huff.

"Thanks..........I think. Anyways, why did you drag me over here?" asked James.

"OH darling, you're gorgeous! You're just what I need to help express my designs to the next level!! And someone as lovely as yourself must know a thing or two about designs right? You need to look good!" asked Rarity as she moved all around James with a measuring tape.

"Well.......I do have something but I'm not sure if it's your type of thing....." said James as she magically brought out her spy suit.

"GASP! Oh this is magnificent! This will be a first! I love it! Show me your ways!" said Rarity as she touched, pulled and rubbed James's suit.

A little later, after putting away the spy suit, James was soon examining Rarity's version of the suit. All the other students had noticed the new piece of clothing and so they went to Rarity's station for a closer look.

"So? What do you think?" asked Rarity.

"I admit that it looks nice, I like the color purple that you've used for the lines. It's definitely meant for you but the material...isn't right" said James.

"I know but I have nothing like it! What's it made of?! It's clearly not leather or spandex or nylon and I would know!" said Rarity as she counted them off of her fingers.

"That I can't tell you.....and you probably wouldn't be able to recreate it" said James with a smirk.

"Really........?" asked Rarity with a sad face.

"Really.............but for now, this will do for everyday tasks.........and remember it's girls only!" said James as she held the replica suit.

Soon enough, lunch hour was here but Rarity couldn't have lunch yet. Every female student at school wanted to wear her new design and so that's what happened. Now almost every female in the school was wearing one of Rarity's spy suits, each designed to their individual personalities, colors and opinions. Even principal Celestia and vice principal Luna had joined in on the act.

One of the few girls who has yet to wear one of the suits was James and Sunset. James saw Sunset standing near her locker but she wasn't alone. She was with another girl who has yet to wear the spy suit. She was a blue skinned girl with white hair.

"Sunset!" called out James as she walked towards her.

"James! There you are! Are you the one responsible for....this?" asked Sunset with a smirk as a girl wearing a spy suit quickly walked past her.

"Guilty as charged!" said James with a 'Hehe'.

"Well putting that aside.......this is Trixie and......she's not the one holding the memory stone" said Sunset.

"Oh, how did you find out?" asked James as she greeted Trixie at the same time.

"Let's say things were about to get rough and luckily things sorted itself out....." said Sunset as she began explaining what had happened earlier to James.

Equestria

Meanwhile back in Equestria, Twilight has been searching the library for 3 days straight and yet she still couldn't find a way to help Sunset recover her friends' lost memories.

"I don't get it! I've looked everywhere! Why can't I find the missing page to the knowledge I seek?! I'VE ALWAYS BEEN GOOD TO YOU LIBRARY!!!" yelled Twilight as she banged her head against the table.

At that moment, the chest that contained the scroll of the memory stone fell onto the floor due to Twilight's force. But by doing that, it allowed Twilight to see the missing page she was looking for. It was hidden in a secret compartment, in the skull on the chest.

"Yes.........this is it! The last piece was in a secret compartment!" said Twilight as she levitated the page to read it.

"Well done Twilight! I knew you could do it!" said Celestia as she walked towards her pupil.

"Yes but......it says here that Clover the clover buried the stone! This rock formation must be where it's buried at and it must be somewhere in the other world! But it doesn't say how to get your memories back. GASP..........wait!" said Twilight as she ran back to the table.

"What is it Twilight?" asked Celestia.

"Some of Clover the clever's notes! This one, it reads 'Perhaps if I had destroyed the stone right away, some of my memories could have returned. But when the sun sets by the third day after a memory has been taken, it is erased forever'. This is bad! This is the third day!!!" said Twilight.

"You must warn Sunset Shimmer at once!" said Celestia.

Canterlot high

"So now that we know Trixie is innocent and that she's now on our side, what do we do now?" asked James.

"Let's ask my partner" said Sunset with a smirk.

"For a start, how about with what I'll call you from now on. I'm thinking...the great and powerful Trixie's...pretty decent assistant, detective, helper person" said Trixie as she, Sunset and James walked towards the cafeteria.

But at that moment, Sunset's journal began glowing and vibrating. But the problem was that it was inside Sunset's locker and inside of her bag and she didn't notice that it was receiving a message from Twilight.

End

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

10.2K 424 47
WARNING READ RAINBOW MYSTERY BEFORE THIS ONE....... Last year was nothing but crazy for the Winx, they found the lost princess of rainbow valley . De...
300K 8.8K 90
She was the perfect child, second inline for the throne, until she wasn't. The burned ones aren't the only threat Alfea faces, irreversible damage c...
13.8K 562 30
Haru, whose life is marked by misfortunes and disappointed hopes, is struck by an unexpected twist of fate. Just when he believed all hope was lost...
4.8K 405 33
[[ this book is pretty old and kinda cringe lol. keeping it published because i have very fond memories of writing it, and i still love my 3 main cha...