Idolize Me

By PaperMars

Rabid is what they are. The Scott family are as powerful as they are rich. They have more money than most cou... More

Idolize Me
Prologue
Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Eighteen
Chapter Nineteen
Chapter Twenty
Chapter Twenty-One
Chapter Twenty-Two
Chapter Twenty-Three
Chapter Twenty-Four
Chapter Twenty-Five
Chapter Twenty-Six
Chapter Twenty-Seven
Chapter Twenty-Eight
Chapter Twenty-Nine
Chapter Thirty
Chapter Thirty-Two
Chapter Thirty-Three
Chapter Thirty-Four

Chapter Thirty-One

5.7K 402 133
By PaperMars

Chapter Thirty-One

I hate it.

I hate parties, I hate the loud music, the claustrophobic feeling of hundreds of people pressed up against each other. I hate the smell of sweat and cheap perfume (in this case is was expensive perfume, but it really all smelled the same when compacted into one room with hundreds of sweating bodies). I hate the alcohol, the drunks, the setting itself.  

The party was large, everyone dressed up in ridiculous costumes. People were already drunk, so drunk that as Ezra and I walked in, we watched a student run out of the building and vomit in the bushes.

Why Ezra wanted to come here was beyond me. He was still slightly limping and I know he wasn't feeling good and yet, here we are.

I clung to him as we walked into the building, sure, it was a cowardly thing to do, but I never claimed to be anything but a coward. As long as Ezra was next to me, I felt a bit more confident.

Of course my confidence immediately dissipated, as a bunch of people crowded around Ezra, all trying to talk with him, or inviting him to drink, dance, and one even asked if Ezra wanted something to 'take the edge off' which made my skin crawl, because I knew exactly what that entailed.

These people seemed more like Ezra's crowd, I didn't understand why he spent all his time with me, when he could be doing some reckless college things with people actually willing to do them.

I loosened my grip on Ezra's arm, wondering if he'd choose to go off with the group of people and leave me to runaway from the party as soon as he was gone.

He noticed my slight release on his arm, and boldly intertwined his arm with mine, as if to say, "You're not slipping away that easily, stupid." I wasn't sure if I was relieved he held onto me, or upset he wouldn't let me go.

"Ezra fucking Scott has arrived!" Someone shouted in a microphone on the stage near the DJ, which made the entire party erupt into dramatic cheers of delight.

Ezra didn't even look phased. I gawked at him, I knew he was used to attention, but if something like this happened to me, I would want to sink into the floor and never return.

All eyes went to Ezra as he pushed past them with dominant ease.

With my arm still intertwined with his, I pressed myself against him, as if it would shield me from the hundreds of glares I was getting from each passing person.

God, I hate this.

We walked to a corner of the room where I noticed a few familiar faces. These were the same people Ezra used to hang out with before he started spending all his time with me.

Really, they were the last people I wanted to see. I had no doubt they thought I stole Ezra from them and were holding a lofty grudge.

"Ezra!" A girl with beautiful long black hair with a very tight red dress on. I think she was supposed to be dressed as some sort of haunted doll, but really, she looked like she was about to model on a runway. She was beautiful. She squealed Ezra's name as she ran up to him and wrapped her long arms around his neck. I quickly pulled my arm out of Ezra's grasp and stepped away from him.

There was no way I was going to awkwardly cling to him when he was getting hugged by a girl who obviously had an overbearing crush on him.

And, not to mention she was ten times prettier than me.

"Where have you been?" The girl asked, "You never talk to us anymore." She was completely ignoring my presence. I get it. I didn't want her attention anyway.

A guy dressed as a cop came up to Ezra, and clapped him on the back, "Dude, we've got some great fucking alcohol tonight, stole them from my dad's wine cellar."

Right, because these people were rich enough to have wine cellars.

They both guided Ezra over to where the rest of the crew of people were. They handed him a glass of what was probably a wine that cost more than all my parents' monthly bills combined.

My stomach knotted from disgust.

This was a mistake, and I needed to leave.

Ezra glanced back at me and beckoned me over.

I really, really, did not want to go over to them.

Hesitantly, I walked over to his side, and he wrapped his arm around my shoulders, "Here." He said, handing me a glass of the wine, "Let's get wasted tonight."

I stared at the glass in my hand, "I don't really drink."

"Well, tonight you do." He said, as he took a drink of the wine, and sucked in a breath, wincing, "That's fucking awful."

"It's fucking brilliant." The guy said with a laugh.

Ezra's shook his head, before taking another drink, downing the contents of the glass in one go. I began to understand why Ezra wanted to come tonight. His obsessive drinking was something he still struggled with, and I have no doubt after the hell of a week he just endured, he wanted to forget it all.

Still, it bothered me to see him like this.

The girl finally glanced over at me, she looked me up and down like a stereotypical bully sizing up her prey. I wanted to tell her we weren't in highschool anymore, and that as women we should build each other up.

But who was I kidding? This was Trinity University. Only the vultures make it out on top here.

And of course, she believes I stole Ezra Scott away from her, which I'm sure would make anyone delirious and pissed.

"So," She said, and I realized she was talking to me, "You're the girl who punched Ezra and got away with it."

I awkwardly shifted the hair out of my eyes, "Uhh, yeah, that would be me." Ezra's arm was still around my shoulders, and as much as I wished he would help me out here, I also didn't want prove I was much of a coward that I actually am.

I know I can fight my own battles, I did with Ezra, and now I can't get rid of him.

I thought about that, and suddenly wondered if maybe Ezra butting in would be a good idea after all.

"Funny you two are close now."

"I don't see how that is funny."

She shrugged, "I'm just saying, you aren't usually his type."

Ezra stared at the girl with a feigned amused look, though he was smirking, I could see the warning in his eyes. I'd be nervous if I was her. I've been on the other end of that look before, and it never was good. "And what would my type be, Lynette?"

Her malicious glare softened at his voice, "Oh, I don't know, just someone more equipped to handling your lifestyle." Somebody rich is what she meant. "I'm just curious is all."

"Curious of what?"

"Curious as to why you two used to fight, and now she's the only person you hang out with." Her jealousy was practically bleeding out of her tongue.

The entire group of people stayed silent, as they drank their posh wine and watched as if this was the drama they've been waiting for all night.

I felt like I was in a movie, and I kind of hated it.

A lot.

Is this the type of stuff rich people got angry over? Did they have nothing more important to care about?

God this was all so pathetic.

"That's none of your fucking business." Ezra stated, and that was the end of that.

"Oh, right yeah, you're totally right." She backed off, but her glare was lethal, and it was directed at me.

I turned to Ezra, "I hate it here." I whispered in his ear, but he either didn't hear me, or ignored me, as he took another drink, and downed it whole.

I was sure the expression on my face clearly depicted my mood. Ezra was an alcoholic, and had every reason to get drunk tonight. I knew that, but he didn't have to drag me here just to watch him get drunk.

Deciding I had enough of this, I began plotting my escape.

Ezra's arm was still around my shoulders, clinging me to him. I wondered if he'd get drunk enough to forget about me.

Or if he'd force me to stand near him all night.

"So, Ezra," The guy pouring the drinks spoke up, "I hear your parents are coming here from New York for the holidays. There's mention of a grand party at one of your many mansions." His tone insinuated that he was jealous of Ezra. I didn't blame him.

Ezra rolled his eyes, "That last thing I want to think about are my fucking parents."

I glanced at him, "Your parents are coming? You never mentioned that."

The guy laughed, "Wow, Scott, keeping your side chick in the dark huh? Classy."

I turned to him, "I'm not his side chick."

"Right my apologies, I forgot I have to respect the poor and their fantasies of being the only one Ezra Scott falls for."

I stared at him in horror, "Is that what you think? That I believe I'm living out the delusion of a romance novel?"

"Sorry kid," He said, taking a drink of his own wine, "But you wouldn't be the first girl to wish it were true, or the tenth, for that matter."

I tried to pull myself away from Ezra, but he held on to me tighter, his glare fixed on the guy, "There's no delusions here." He said matter-of-factly, "Olivia and I are friends, so fuck off with the bait, Ryan."

The guy whose name I guessed was Ryan held his hands up in defeat, "Alright, alright, I'm backing down."

Sensing my anger, Ezra leaned over and whispered in my ear, "They're trying to make you feel guilty, next time just tell them to go fuck themselves."

"Easier said than done." I whispered back, folding my arms over my chest, "They respect you, I'm practically no more than a rat at this party."

"Rats caused the Black Plague, Olivia, I wouldn't underestimate that title."

Did Ezra Scott just give me a pep talk?

I suddenly spotted Vanessa at the other far corner of the room. She was staring at me, her eyes wide like she didn't want to be here anymore than I did. I wished I could go over to her and talk to her. I wished she didn't chose money over our friendship.

But at the same time, I couldn't blame her. Trinity's tuition was a nightmare.

Two girls approached Ezra screaming. They both wore very revealing costumes, one was an angel, all decked on in white, and the other was a demon.

Just looking at the outfits made me want to throw up.

"Ezra!" The one dressed as a demon said grabbing his arm, and leaning against him, "Will you share a drink with us?"

The other girl subtly pushed me away, taking my place from his other arm, she also leaned against him, "Just one?" She reached up and kissed him on his cheek.

My chest clenched up at the site, and I refused to watch anymore.

I took this as my chance to escape.

I slipped through the crowd, swallowing the annoyance I felt as I had watched both those girls press themselves against Ezra like he wasn't a living breathing human being with boundaries.

I exited the party with ease. My mind kept repeating the kiss the girl gave Ezra, over and over and over and I hated myself for it.

I wondered if he even realized I was gone.

I wondered if he decided to drink with those girls anyway.

I sighed, as I began to walk back to my dorm. The cool evening air was crisp against my skin after being in the cramped party for so long. I felt like I could finally breathe again.

Not wanting to dwell on the party, I stared up at the sky and watched as the stars were clear, and the moonlight cast down on the campus grounds. It was nice.

I felt a sudden tap on my shoulder, and I glanced over, thinking it was Ezra, but instead came face-to-face with Vanessa.

The shock must have been visible on my face, as she looked uncomfortable. "Hi." She said, and I blinked a few times at her before realizing I had to reply.

"Oh, hi."

"I saw you in there."

"Yeah," I nodded, "I saw you in there too."

"I saw those girls with Ezra."

I swallowed hard, "Yeah."

"You left him with them."

"He's free to do what he wants."

She stared at me, for a long, silent moment, before speaking up, "Want to come to my dorm? I'll order pizza."

My eyes widened, "I thought you didn't want Ezra to see me with you."

A small smile formed on her lips, "Then let's not let him find out."

I considered it and thought of how Ezra probably wouldn't be looking for me anyway. I found myself agreeing, "Okay, let's go." 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

51.2K 1.7K 103
"𝙄𝙛 𝙞𝙩 𝙙𝙤𝙚𝙨𝙣'𝙩 𝙝𝙪𝙧𝙩, 𝙩𝙝𝙚𝙣 𝙞𝙩 𝙞𝙨𝙣'𝙩 𝙡𝙤𝙫𝙚" EXCERPT:- Rose asked in panic "what's wrong with me...and why are you looking so...
29 3 7
Amanda Deward was a beautiful but shy woman who listened when people told her that beauty meant skinny and knew, therefore, that she would never be b...
307K 10.4K 62
[ FINISHED - unedited ] ❝How do I... How do I stop them?" "You want to stop them?" Rachel raised an eyebrow. "Yes," I nodded. She immediately broke o...
6M 233K 45
"Wait let me get this straight, you want me to get fat?" Cara does not know if she should be offended or threatened. Was this his grand plan to make...