GRAY

By equilibre_labdhi

"I am not one of your fictional characters, with whom you're so in love with," he pins me to the wall and con... More

PARADOXICAL PROLOGUE
CHAPTER 1: IN HIS CITY
CHAPTER 2: FIRST IMPRESSIONS
Chapter 3: A SHOCK OR A SURPRISE?
CHAPTER 4: CO-ORDINATION
Chapter 6: Express
Chapter 7: Encounters!
Chapter 8: It's just the beginning
Chapter 9: Party Part 1
Chapter 10: Party Part 2
CHAPTER 11: AFTERMATH

CHAPTER 5: I care

26 2 3
By equilibre_labdhi

Jason's POV:

She doesn't remember. Anything. Okay, no problem! It's actually good that she doesn't remember me, that way I can be much more natural around her.

A few years back, when we were in Grade 6, I was new in London. My parents had just transferred and I was having a tough time coping up with school and friends. That's the time when Anika came in. She was made my partner, and let me just admit it, I was quite carried away by the girl, even back then. She helped me make friends and settle down. Just two months, and I was already into that little childhood love phase. But then, knowing my cruel fate, she was made to leave for Cambridge. The same year, a week before she left, I had that incident, which completely changed my life and those around me. Little did I know, that fate had a twisted sense of humor, and she is back, Tristan's little sister. When she left 8 years ago, it was because of her parents' death. She was totally shattered, invisible. And then, she disappeared.

I almost choked when I first saw her. She is still the same, short black hair with beautiful curls, bold attitude, her annoyance and cuteness is intact. However, something about her seems off. It's like she's wearing a mask. Anyways, I guess I am again staring at her, cause she's giving me death glares from the other side of the room. I look back into the computer and shake my head, what's wrong with you Jason? We are currently instructing all the caretakers about how we need to decorate the house, according to Anika's plan. And I must say, along with looks, this girl's really got some creative brain. Most of the work is almost done, except for the Christmas tree and the food.

"No, no, Christina. Shift it to the right and make it pass through." Anika calls out. I smile to myself, clearly happy that she's taking interest in this work and doing it whole-heartedly. In the morning, I was quite afraid (no terrified) to ask her for help. I thought she may not like it and burst out (quite predictable, isn't she?). But now I guess she's enjoying.

"Christina, not like that. Wait, I'll show you, get down that table," she calls out again. Great! Now she wants to do it herself!

I watch her as she climbs up on the table and stretches her arm in order to move that thing. Her top lifting up too. Okay! Gather yourself, Jason. Stop it. Look down, look down NOW!

I look back on my boring screen when suddenly I hear a...THUD!! The table topples over and Anika's on the floor.

"ANIKA!" I yell. I am rushing towards her, roughly pushing away Christina as she tries to sit her up. I know that was rude, but I don't care. Right now, all I can think about is Anika. I kneel down to her level and start examining her. There are no major injuries however, her elbow is bleeding badly. Oh, why? Why did I have to look away? Or for that matter, even allow her to get on this idiotic table?

"Quickly! Get the first aid box!" I shout and almost all of the caretakers in the room, scurry away.

I make her sit comfortably and gently lift her elbow in order to get a better view of the wound. It's quite deep.

"Is it burning?" I look up at her eyes. She shakes her head.

"Why did you have to do it, huh? I don't pay them just to watch you fall! They're supposed to do all this work, you get that?" I may sound too intimidating because she flinches at my tone. But that is how I feel. Very angry. She's so stupid!

As Christina gets the kit, I immediately wash her wound, apply Dettol and do the dressing. Then I leave the room to wash my own hands. I don't even look once at her. How can I? I feel terrible from within. I promised Tristan that I'll take care of her and it's not even 24 hours when she's already hurt. I wash my face and then look at my reflection in the mirror. I look miserable, worse than her. I take in a huge breath, relax. And then I smile. I don't want to look like this, at least not when she is hurt. I go back to the room and find her laughing at something Christina just said to her. She is so carefree, so innocent, so herself. I smile to myself, this time a genuine one.

"I'm sorry," I kneel down to her level, across from the sofa. Christina leaves and it's just us.

"I'm not talking to you," she looks away.

Of course. She has to be this difficult!

I sigh and take her injured hand in my and once again look at her elbow. The blood stain shows up even with the dressing. Yes! That's how deep the wound is. But now, I guess it bleeding no more. I start caressing her elbow.

"Hey, it's okay. It's not even hurting anymore." she smiles, her eyes never leaving their sparkle.

She is so...so...mesmerising. I really don't know how to describe her. Or rather, describe my feelings towards her. Hell, I don't even know them myself. I gently get her elbow close to my lips and kiss her hand. Okay, give me the award for being the most inappropriate person of the millennia. I look at her, curious to know her reaction at this action. Well, she is frowning. Great job Jason. Go ahead, upset her even more. I immediately get up and leave the room, no leave the house.

***

Anika's POV

This boy's really got some mental issues. What's with him and his mood swings?

When I fell, his eyes showed nothing but concern as he ran up to me. That was so cute! I momentarily forgot about my pain. But then, he suddenly became so angry and I was worried he might burn down the house. He was even mean to Christina. Then he goes and becomes a soft heart, kisses me, is again a red-headed bull, and then leaves the house.
Amazing!!

When Jason was in the bathroom, Christina said something I could never imagine. She said, "I've never seen sir so concerned. He's always the one who doesn't care about people. He might really like you."

I laughed at that statement. Like me? He's far from that! Christina is so naive!

"Christina??" I call her.

"Yes ma'am?" She comes in immediately.

"You people continue to work. We've got a lot to do. Please try to finish the decorations by today. So that tomorrow we can call for catering people." I tell her. I don't know why I care. It's not like this my house or my party, and yet I feel so responsible. And look at this Jason! He just left, how irresponsible of him!

***
2 hours later

"Right! Perfect!" I cheerfully say and ask Carlisle to get down.

With this we've completed decorating the whole house. I step back a little and take a panoramic view of the house. Everything's looking perfect. The lights blend in well along with the theme. I feel ecstatic from within. This is the best thing I've ever done in my entire life!

I wonder where Jason might be. He's so...so annoying, no he's caring and sweet and very very annoying. I throw myself on the sofa when he enters.

"Wow!!! Thanks Anika," he says as he takes in his surroundings. I glare at him.

"Where were you?"

"Just somewhere," he explains. He throws himself beside me and rests his head on the sofa.

"Ughhh!!" he groans as if he's just lifted up an elephant. Dramatic persona I tell you.

"What time is it?" He asks?

"8:30"

"You hungry?"

"Yeah!!" Finally, he can talk about some sensible topic.

We have our supper and then sit at the terrace, gazing stars (which you can hardly see from London) over some ice-cream.

"Thanks for helping me out, I really couldn't have done so much in one day without help," he says, scooping his vanilla ice cream.

"Yeah, I know I'm the best!" I thought he would probably roll his eyes at that comment but instead, he asks,

"How's your hand?" Give him points for being the most serious person on the planet.

"Great!"

"I am sorry - "

Before he can continue this boring conversation, I interrupt him, "can we just drop this? I know you're sorry that my hand's hurt and that you would like to take it back but you can't and all that melodramatic shit. But let me tell you, I am here spending a beautiful night with stars and sky and such sweet ice cream not to listen to your melancholic story. So just drop this okay?"

He doesn't reply, just stares at me dumbfounded

"Okay?" I ask him softly this time. So he nods and smiles.

"So, tell me, what do you think about our galaxy?" I look up at the sky.

And this is how our day ends. We keep on talking about all kinds of random shit. Okay, so maybe it's just me talking and him either listening or replying in b/n. But I don't mind it, his silence is interesting as I said before. Then I guess I might have fallen asleep because sometime later I find myself on that comfy bed. But who got me here?

I can't care less. Right now all I care about is about getting back to that dream.

****

A/N

Hii there, lovely readers!!

How is it going up till now?? I hope I am not boring you guys 😅

Please feel free to vote and comment. It will help me grow and be better...

Thank you...❤️💞
Have a great day...

Xoxo

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

84.5K 6.5K 60
In Phi, you don't get a choice. You fight and you kill until it kills you. After running from the only home she'd ever known, Cassie is out to get r...
10.1K 441 117
"When a lot of people get caught up in their web of lies, they attract both enemies and friends; and as time goes on, they cannot tell the difference...
392 25 11
When a man who lives in poverty tries to rob a young king of his wealth, he is caught. Unexpectedly, the lonely king takes him in as his bodyguard an...
4K 124 54
"Get Away From Me" I stated as backed up against the wall. "I can do whatever I damn well, please. You belong to me." He said before kissing me. ...