Renee's River | √

By lolalovessprite

"Does he know your name?" "Nope," I shook my head. "But hey, it was like love at first sight," I said dreamil... More

Aesthetics + Playlist
intro
1. clothe stores & idiots
2. spoilt dinners & résumés
3. logan & doritos
4. layers & creativity
5. new friendships & milkshakes
6. good impressions & cooling rooms
7. names & strange feelings
8. dunkin donuts & complicated science
9. embarrassing moments & frustrations
10. cancelled dates and hangouts
11. smoothies and hot names
12. threats & company
13. stolen ideas & giddy feelings
14. apologies & new developments
15. art galleries & interpretations
16. red velvet & sisters
17. confusions & bail outs
18. short tests & realizations
19. celebrations & first kisses
20. midnight talks and heart breaks
21. tears & second steps
22. spoiled plans & wings
23. promises & distances
24. annoyances and reconsiderations
25. ditched parties and third steps
26. instructions (filler)
27. progress & excitements
28. helpful workers & working plans
30. board posts & unexpected texts
31. reunions & explanations
32. bad lies & clueless best friends
33. innuendos & fast bonds
34. sick days & sweet guys
35. surprises & needed visits
36. models & tics
37. ride backs & deep talks
38. unexpected meetings & bold moves
39. invitations & disappointments
40. more invitations & morning rides
please read
41. last straws & confessions
42. first trials & sugary turnouts
43. birthday parties & more introductions
44. queries & revealed secrets
45. revelations & explanations
46. appearances & sweet evenings
47. banters & games
48. wins & rebels
49. forgotten birthdays & proper apologies
50. finished works & more meetings
51. birthdays & surprises
52. celebrations & gratitude
53. spent money & more gifts
54. reconciliations & break ups
55. family dinners & familiarities
56. bad moods & assurances
57. sick boyfriends & naps
58. party plans & busy weeks
59. apologies & dress fittings
60. late nights & little lies
61. unveilings & sweet endings
Renée's River + spin-off
i know you're waiting. i love you❤
Teaching Noah
Tara: A Baker's Adventure

29. mom talks & rude girlfriends

5K 305 39
By lolalovessprite

❝So I say we make the move, what's there to lose? We already lost everything that we had❞
- Jack & Jack, Tension.

"He did look jealous!" I squealed then looked at Kaleb who laid in his bed, earphones on.

"Hey! Listen to me!" I pulled the earphones out of his ear.

"What'd you do that for?" He looked at me.

"I was telling you, I really think River was jealous."

"Yeah?'

"Mhm," I nodded, "The look on his face when you walked out of the bakery was unbelievable."

"I hope he doesn't find me and kill me," Kaleb chuckled.

I rolled my eyes and sat beside him on the bed, "River's very different from other guys. He's like so gentle and calm and all that."

"I am gentle and calm."

"No, you're not," I waved him off. "Anyway, so what's the next plan?" I asked eagerly.

"Just always play long with whatever I do. You can't ever be lost," he answered, sitting up in his bed and running his eyes.

"Hey kids!" Phoebe called from the other side of the door. "Dinner's ready."

I raced out the door and to the kitchen, inhaling the amazing aroma of noodles and salmon and my mouth watered badly.

"Mom, this smells amazing," Kaleb said when he walked into the kitchen.

"It really does," I nodded.

Phoebe had a proud smile on her face, "Thank you. The site where I learned to make the beef stew and spinach pitas is the same one where I learned to make this using a different technique."

We got to eating few minutes later and the food was very satisfying.

"So, how's school going, guys?" Phoebe asked as she took a sip of water.

"School's good," I answered with a smile.

"Yeah? And how have your tests been?"

"They've been quite good, actually," I nodded.

"How's that? You found a new reading method like I suggested?"

My mind instantly went to River, "Well, ye-"

"Okay mom, so Rae has this crush-" Kaleb started.

"Renée  has a crush?" Phoebe turned to look at me wide eyed and I felt my cheeks burn.

"Yes, she does," Kaleb answered. "Anyway, there's this method where he asks Rae to read out her text to him. That way, when she's writing the test, she's able to remember what she's read."

"Wha-" She looked from Kaleb to me, "Who is this guy?"

I tucked a few strands of hair behind my ear, my cheeks hot, "His name's River."

"How aesthetic," Phoebe gushed.

"So is Kaleb," Kaleb quipped and Phoebe rolled her eyes playfully at him before she looked at me, "Is he in your class?"

I shook my head. "No, he isn't. He actually doesn't attend school. He's like an artist. So like he draws, paints and also gets paid."

"How old is he?" Phoebe asked.

"He's 17," I replied.

"No way."

"Impressive, right? So, I met him at the bakery where I work. He's doing like a drawing of the bakery scenery," I explained.

"That's super cool. Well, have you two talked about dating and stuff?"

Kaleb looked at me and I sank in the stool, "Nah, he's got a girlfriend."

Phoebe's face fell,"That sucks."

"I know," I put some food in my mouth.

"He seemed really appropriate for you. I mean, helping you study and what not, is a good sign that he cares about even your academic  life even when he isn't attending school."

I shrugged, "You're right, but it's okay." I smiled slyly at Kaleb, "It's all good."

*****

I got home tired and I knew the next thing to do was to head to bed especially since I'd had dinner. I pushed the front door open, walking further into the living room which was empty.

"Hey, Tanner, I'm back!" I called, but Kendall came out of the kitchen like she'd done the last time.

"Hey, you're back," she said.

Well, I just said that, didn't I? I inwardly rolled my eyes.

"Yeah," I replied curtly. "Where's Tanner?"

"He's in his room," she answered, her eyes on me, watching me.  "He had a call. By the way, I made dinner."

"Thanks, I already had dinner," I retorted, making my way to my room.

I heard Kendall sigh under her breath, "Brat."

I stopped dead in my tracks and looked back at her,"Don't ever call me a brat again."

"Well, that's all you ever act like," she shrugged.

"I don't like you."

"See? That clearly spells brat," she had a smirk on her face.

"Excuse you. You're dating my brother doesn't mean I have to like you-"

At this point, Tanner came into the living room, "Hey sweetie, how was school and work today?"

"Fine." I shot before going to my room.

*****

"So, I heard her, she called me a brat," I said in surprise as I told Kaleb what had happened with Kendall the previous day.

"She did?"

"Yeah, and then I told her not to call me that again and she said that's all I ever act like," I rolled my eyes then sighed, "Sometimes I wonder why Tanner's with her."

"Maybe he loves her?"

"Tanner doesn't love Kendall. I know that for a fact."

"What makes you say so?"

I shrugged. "I dont know," I hesitated. "Maybe it's because I saw how he was with Zee. Kaleb, I thought they would get married. I was young when they were dating but I could just tell, you know. Kendall is nothing like Zee.  Zee was so beautiful and motherly, and she and Tanner were just another thing entirely," I chuckled.

"Do you know why they broke up?"

I shook my head, "No. Tanner won't tell me."

"Whatever led to the break up must have been something serious. "

"Yeah, definitely. I wish he would just say what went wrong."

"I'm sure one day you'll find out."

"Well, I need that one day to be today."

Kaleb chuckled, then ruffled my hair, "Easy now."

I playfully rolled my eyes.

"Just a heads up that I might come to the  bakery a bit late today."

"Why? Everything Okay?"

"Yep. Just that Sydney's been wanting me to meet her baby sister for a while now, so I promised her we would go together to her school today."

"Oh, that's okay," I shrugged.

*****

The bakery was a bit full today and there was just so much that had to be done and so many people to attend to. River sat in his usual seat,this time with earphones on as he worked on his art. Before I could start gazing  at him dreamily, I got back to what I was doing.

Kaleb was two hours late at most. In fact, I'd forgotten he was supposed to come to the bakery, but it wasn't long after that I received a text from him.

*Hey, I'm here. I need you to come out.*

I looked around the bakery before replying.

*Not sure I can. It's quite full in here today and there's work to do.  Why don't you cone in?*

*Because it's a part of the plan?*

Oh. I looked up from the phone, then looked back to see he'd said,

*Plus, it won't take so much time, so come on.*

I trusted Kaleb completely and so I informed Marnie I was going right out to quickly see a friend.

As I made my way out, I felt a particular pair of eyes on me.  Knowing it was River's, I smiled to myself.

"I still don't get what we'll be doing outside," I said to Kaleb when I spotted him.

"It's all part of the plan, you impatient pigeon," he stuck his tongue out at me.

"Fine. But what are we doing? How will River see it?"

"Oh, he will see alright. It's a reason I decided  we do it outside. I was coming in when I saw he was seated facing this direction, thanks to the glass doors. Plus, if we do this outside, he won't exactly  figure you're trying to make him jealous. He'll think you left work to see me."

I nodded. "Right. So what are we doing?"

"First, we'll have to move from directly in front of where he can see us to an angle where he can't fully see what's going on, so that'll leave him curious," he took my hand and led me to a spot.

"Perfect," he grinned. "So, your back will face him, and I will face him so I could check from time to time if he's looking."

"And if he isn't?"

"Let's see how it goes, at least?"

"Okay," I nodded.

"Right, so I'm going to do this," he said and then wrapped his arms around my waist.

"What is this?" I started to laugh.

"Shh Rae," he inched his face closer to mine.

"Oh my God, did you eat Cheetos? Your  breath smells of Cheetos," I scrunched up my nose.

"You got it," he chuckled annoyingly.

"You know I hate Cheetos," I groaned.

"I know," he breathed in my nose.

"Kaleb, if you do that one more time-"

"Shut up, he's looking," Kaleb said immediately.

"You're kidding," I freaked. "Oh my God, how does he look?"

"Well, he's squinting, probably just trying to figure out what's going on," he moved even closer, lifting my chin with his finger.

"Your breath is killing me."

"That was the plan," he chuckled lowly. "Oh shit, he just got up from his seat."

"W- What does that mean?"

*****

What does that really mean, guys?

Let me know what you think!

Don't forget to vote, comment and follow me!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

273K 9.6K 48
#1 IN COMEDY-ROMANCE As soon as the door clicked, he removed his shoes and threw me on to the bed. Getting above me on all fours, he eyed me playfull...
518K 15.9K 59
AN OPPOSITES ATTRACT ROMANCE WITH BITE! **** 'Do you feel that? That's the sound of an alive heart. I don't know what it is about you, Candice, but s...
198K 8.1K 31
Holly Is 25 years old and own a bakery,she has two friends Lizzie and Julie who she also employ. She doesn't appeal to men at 5ft she has a belly...
118K 2.8K 31
Done with high school, Holly decides to stay with her father at Sang Royal Academy, a french school for rich families. A college campus for boys only...