The Path of an Uchiha - A Nar...

By CapricornSiren

Kotomi Uchiha witnesses her brothers go down a completely different path from hers, changing her life forever... More

Author's Note
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
What If...

Chapter 27

7.2K 192 86
By CapricornSiren

Fourth Shinobi World War Part 4: Bittersweet Reunion

Sasuke and Kotomi had managed to meet up with a couple of his comrades, Suigetsu and Jugo. Karin was excluded since she was captured by Konoha earlier on. Other than those two, it was none other than Orochimaru which Sasuke managed to resurrect.

   On their way to a certain place, all of them were wearing cloaks with hoods to hide their faces in case they got caught by any leaf ninja.

Kotomi kept side glaring at Orochimaru. How much she hated this man for taking her brother away. And having the nerve to still say he wants his body.

Orochimaru noticed this and started chuckling. "Are you still upset that I took your dear older brother away from you, Kotomi-chan?"

Feeling annoyed, Kotomi looked away from him. "Don't address me so casually like you know me."

Orochimaru just smirked. "You have the same attitude as Sasuke-kun. You two really are from the same blood."

Now she was even more mad, getting compared to Sasuke for her current attitude. "I'm only like this, because I do not trust you one bit, snake man! You took my brother away, and I heard the despicable things you did to other people! It's sick!"

Suigetsu placed a hand on her shoulder, looking somewhat worried at her. "Hey..! You should be careful what you say!"

"It's ok, Suigetsu. It's understandable why she acts so ill mannered towards me."

Suigetsu dropped his eyelids, shrugging to himself. "Let yourself get scold by a kid, why don't you?"

"I'm not a kid!" Kotomi exclaimed.

"Sure you are! You're Sasuke's kid sister!" He commented in a teasing way.

"Shut it, Suigetsu!"

"Sasuke, we're just about there." Jugo said.

Sasuke was silent, seeing a building just up ahead. Orochimaru looked pleased about all this, seeming like he was looking forward to what will happen next.

   Inside the building, the torches lit up themselves. Orochimaru was about to perform the Edo Tensei, but it required some sacrifices.

   The plan they had set on the way here was in motion. Jugo used his Sage Mode to drive the White Zetsus out of Sasuke that the masked man planted in him.

   Kotomi got creeped out by the sight, clinging onto Suigetsu. "What the hell?! That's so creepy!" Suigetsu didn't say anything, slightly blushing that she was really close to him.

   There were six Zetsus. Only four would be the sacrifices while the remaining two were quickly taken out by Jugo and Suigetsu.

   Kotomi ran towards Sasuke, hiding behind him while watching the beginning of the sacrifice. "Onii-san... Are you sure you want to go through with this?"

   "I want my questions answered. If you're creeped out by all of this, you can wait outside."

   Kotomi shook her head vigorously. "I'm good! Thanks!" She didn't want to be alone. She was fearless with a lot of things, but this. This was a whole new level of fear.

   The four Zetsus that were sacrificed were turning into what it seems to be the four hokages. Kotomi's eyes widen at the sight. The only previous hokage she ever interacted with was the third when she was really young. And seeing the fourth hokage, Naruto's father in the flesh, made Kotomi drop her jaw. The first and second hokage looked so powerful in Kotomi's head. Seeing them in person, all of them in the same room felt so strange.

   Still behind Sasuke, Kotomi was listening into the hokages' conversation they were having. It was so fascinating seeing what kind of people they were. Seeing them actually here instead of just hearing about them.

   The fourth hokage turned towards the first Hokage. "It seems like we were resurrected from the dead."

   Not expecting it, the first hokage had a weird expression, arching a eyebrow. "Who the hell are you?"

   Turning around to show him the back of his robe, he introduced himself. "The fourth hokage, sir."

   The first hokage looked surprised, a smile appearing on his face. "The fourth hokage, you say?!" He paused for a moment. "But wait... If you got resurrected with us, then who's the fifth hokage?"

   "Your granddaughter." Orochimaru answered.

   Not expecting this reaction, the first hokage looked depressed. "Tsuna, huh?" He then started rambling about her, laughing at the memory of her picking up his gambling habit.

   Kotomi had an awkward expression. "I didn't expect this at all..."

   "Tell me about it." Suigetsu whispered.

   Orochimaru started explaining to the second hokage how creating Edo Tensei had caused problems in the long run for future generations. Walking over towards Sasuke, Orochimaru explained that Sasuke had things to ask them.

   Sasuke looked among the four hokages with a blank expression. "I'm Sasuke Uchiha and I want to ask you hokages some things."

   The third hokage looked surprised. "Sasuke?!" He saw Kotomi right behind him, seeming like she was hiding. "Kotomi too?!"

   Kotomi nervously laughed. "Hello Lord Third. Long time, no see." She rubbed the back of her head, laughing nervously once more. "Konohamaru is doing fine, by the way."

   The third hokage smiled in relief. "I'm glad to know my grandson is alright."

   The second hokage looked at them with a glare. "You two belong with the Uchiha? No wonder you stick with a scoundrel."

   "Tobirama!" The first hokage exclaimed. "I told you to stop saying things like that!"

   "Never mind me." Sasuke turned to the third hokage. "Third. Why did you make Itachi do what he did?"

   The third hokage started explaining that Itachi was intelligent for such a young age, and viewed things differently than most people. He explained that he slaughtered his clan to stop a revolt, preventing a war all by himself, and joined the Akatsuki to protect the village. All under one condition. "...That I would protect you and your little sister in the village."

   Sasuke looked surprised about the news, closing his eyes. "So it's true..."

   The second hokage and Orochimaru started explaining about the Uchiha Clan, and how they were deserted from the rest of the village.

   "Didn't I tell you over and over not to slight the Uchiha?!" The first hokage exclaimed.

   "As you know, older brother." The second hokage answered. "The Uchiha are a clan possessed by evil!"

   Something snapped inside Kotomi. Stepping from behind Sasuke, she wanted to give the second hokage a piece of her mind. "Now listen here! Don't you dare call the Uchiha evil! Nobody bashes on my clan and gets away with it!"

   The second hokage was just staring at her. "They're still the same even to this today, I see."

   Kotomi clicked her tongue. "You're so-"

   "Imoto." Sasuke stopped her. He gave her a look like he was warning her to stop talking before she starts something. Letting out a sigh, Kotomi kept quiet, even though she would like say a few more things to the second hokage. Sasuke turned towards the second hokage. "Second, a question for you. What is it about the Uchiha Clan? What do you know?"

   The second hokage let out a sigh. He started explaining how the Senju clan and the Uchiha clan were once bitter enemies.

   "I know that already. What did you mean the Uchiha were possessed by evil?"

   The second hokage started explaining about the Uchiha's strength in jutsu and love. When an Uchiha loses someone they love, it's replaced by something even stronger than hate. When they feel agony over loss, or any other negative emotions they can feel, a unique chakra is released in their brain and reacts with the optic nerves to change the appearance in their eyes. The eyes reflect the heart after all. The sharingan.

   The second hokage's long explanation about the Uchiha's history of the sharingan was getting soaked in like a sponge in Kotomi's brain. Ironically learning this from a Senju, things started making more sense to her than it did before.

   "...Although if they self destructed for the sake of the village, then so be it. In the end, they were of use to the leaf village."

   "Tobirama!" The first hokage exclaimed. "You're speaking to an innocent Uchiha child!"

   Kotomi looked like she was trying to hold in her laughter. She knew her brother was far from being an innocent child. Putting her hands over her mouth, she was trying her best not to laugh in such a serious moment.

   Suigetsu arched an eyebrow. "Oi, Kotomi-chan? What's wrong?"

   Kotomi shook her head. "Nothing at all..."

   "First hokage." Sasuke spoke up. "I ask you this. What does it mean to be a village? And what does it mean to be a shinobi?" The first hokage was thinking to himself, thinking really hard about it. "I'll listen to your response, and find out the truth. And then I'll make my final decision whether to destroy Konoha or not."

   Kotomi swallowed at her brother's words. She hoped that in some way, the first hokage can sway him to not him have destroy the village. If Sasuke couldn't listen to his sister about it, and felt a little in denial with their older brother finally admitting it, this could be the key where Sasuke can finally make the call.

   The second hokage spoke up. "Vengeance against Konoha? You're a brat obsessed with the Uchiha evil! In that case, I'll..." A strong gust of wind appeared all around the room.

Instinctively, Kotomi protectively jumped in front of Sasuke, shielding her face with her arms. Keeping a close eye on the second hokage, she was prepared for whatever attack he was about to do.

When it looked like he was about to release a powerful jutsu, Jugo stood protectively in front of both Sasuke and Kotomi. Orochimaru looked like he was prepared to release a jutsu in case the second hokage really did summon something.

   On the other hand, Suigetsu was literally melting into a puddle of water.

"Tobirama!" The first hokage made another gust of wind appear in the room, only this time it was stronger. "Lower your finger." The second hokage lowered his finger, stopping the attempted jutsu. The first hokage looked so serious at this moment. The next second, he started laughing. "Sorry about that!"

Everyone's guard was still up, but slowly lowered. Realizing that she was in front of Sasuke, she wondered how she got there in the first place. Her mind was fuzzy during that moment since she wanted to help protect Sasuke like he did with her in the last battle. That's what it was. Impulse. But what could have she have done against a hokage?

Kotomi slowly stepped backwards, stopping right next to her big brother. "I bet I looked pretty silly trying to protect you, huh Onii-san?"

Sasuke's blank expression didn't change. His voice sounded somewhat menacing. "Don't do anything dangerous like that again."

Kotomi squeezed her lips, feeling somewhat intimidated by Sasuke's rare scoldings of a big brother. "Understood..."

After all that was settled, the first hokage was about to answer Sasuke's question when Orochimaru explained that there was currently a war going on about how Madara was revived and planned to erase the shinobi world with the Eye of the Moon plan.

A bit of conflict occurred in the middle of the conversation, but it went back to where the first hokage was going to answer Sasuke's question. He began telling the story of him and Madara and how the village came to be. "And thus... My battle with Madara came to an end."

Sasuke was thinking long and hard about this. It seemed like he was finally starting to realize even more things. Kotomi noticed her brother's expression had changed. She started to get teary eyed when he started talking about Itachi.

After a long talk, now was the time for Sasuke to make his decision. "What will you do, Sasuke?" Orochimaru asked. "Destroy Konoha or..?" Sasuke closed his eyes.

Everyone in the room was now staring at Sasuke, awaiting his answer. Kotomi's eyes started wavering, hoping and praying in the inside that her brother would make the right choice.

Opening his eyes, Sasuke gave his answer. "I'm going to the battlefield! I won't let the village and Itachi become nothing!"

Kotomi smiled, trying not to tear up again. She was so happy that Sasuke has finally realized what to do. She was so glad that he didn't stay on a path that he would regret for the rest of his life.

The four hokages decided to aid him in battle. The first hokage spoke up. "Orochimaru, what will you do? You mentioned that you would follow Sasuke in the beginning."

Orochimaru smirked. "Of course I will."

Suigetsu looked unsure about all of this. "What?!" He turned to Jugo. "Jugo! What about you?!"

"I'm going too." Jugo answered. "It's my job to protect Sasuke and Kotomi as well."

Suigetsu turned to Kotomi. "Kotomi-chan! Don't tell me you're going to get yourself involved in this too?!"

Kotomi snorted. "I came this far. I can't back down now. I will support my brother in this to the end!" At this point, Suigetsu looked defeated.

***

On the battle field, Sasuke appeared right after the four hokages. Everyone was surprised at the sight, wondering why of all places that he was here.

Silence filled the air. Sasuke closed his eyes, breaking the silence. "I will become... Hokage."

Everyone was shocked about the news. Kotomi appeared right after Sasuke made his claim. "I would say my brother is drunk off his ass, but it's true."

Sakura grunted. "Kotomi-chan! Where were you all this time?"

"Sorry for running off for the majority of the war. I had my own business to take care of. Well... Mostly being with my brother. A lot happened that I'll explain later."

Out of everyone who was surprised to hear that Sasuke wanted to become the hokage, Naruto seemed to be one of the only ones to understand.

Walking over towards Sasuke, Naruto stopped beside him. "I'm going to be hokage!" Sakura stared at their backs, her expression in awe.

Kotomi knew that at some point during this war, Sakura will show Naruto and Sasuke up. Her intense training for these last three years were finally going to be acknowledged.

Looking forward, Kotomi saw the reanimated Madara and the unmasked man that looked exactly like Kakashi's teammate she saw in the picture standing on top of what it seems to be the ten tails. Her gut was correct. It was really was him. Obito Uchiha.

Knowing that the true battle was about to begin, Kotomi would do everything she can to protect the people and her village. Admitting to herself that she will always be Sasuke's shadow, she closed her eyes while accepting that.

Opening her eyes once more, her eyes revealed the sharingan. The intense battle was about to begin.

***

The ones who were able to avoid the infinite Tsukuyomi, ending up in another dimension were Naruto, Sasuke, Sakura, Kotomi, Kakashi, and Obito.

During the war, Obito had realized some things while battling Kakashi, thinking about what could've been if he didn't go down the path of darkness.

The only thing Kotomi knew about him was that he was her sensei's former teammate who he thought was dead. Seeing someone who had lost their way in life was such a sad sight to see. She thought about what if Obito was still a leaf ninja, living in the village. Perhaps the two would've been close, having a uncle and niece relationship.

But she would never know now. Only thinking what could have been without really knowing if it could've ended up that way. The only thing she could do at this point was see him vanish before her eyes with everyone else watching.

***

Kotomi was watching Naruto and Sasuke battle a godlike woman by the name Kaguya. From what they were informed, the two were the reincarnations of her two sons. Crazy as that sounds. Those two were fated to meet in life. And that purpose was to save the world.

It seemed like Naruto was about to use his most powerful jutsu. Not expecting it, he transformed into a group of attractive naked men.

Sakura fainted at the sight, Kakashi looked unamused. Kotomi's jaw dropped to the floor, not believing what she said a while back had basically slapped her in the face. "Oh my god that jutsu really did save the world..."

How would they explain this to the historians?

***

What it seemed to be a while, Kakashi, Sakura, and Kotomi were rushing to where Naruto and Sasuke were fighting.

Kotomi had remembered Naruto telling her that he had a serious fight with Sasuke once before when he left the village. She was worried about the outcome for this time.

Arriving at the scene, Kotomi's eyes widen at the sight. Both Naruto and Sasuke were lying on their backs in their own blood. Each one of their arms were torn off, making Kotomi gasp at the sight.

Seeing Sakura rushing to them, Kotomi wanted to follow her, but Kakashi stopped her. At this point, Kotomi didn't know how to feel. Happy? Sad? Mad? Relieved?

Seeing that Sasuke was finally back, Kotomi started to tear up. It was all over. This war was finally over.

***

Many lives were lost, there were quite a lot of major casualties during this world war. Remembering what all has happened in Kotomi's experience during the war made her start to feel emotional.

She felt a hand on her shoulder, seeing the friend- No, person that has always been by her side during these kinds of times when there was a rain cloud over her head. Konohamaru.

A slight blush appeared on her face, giving him a little smile. Things will be tough for everyone, including her for a while. She has heard that Sasuke has to pay his time in the prison after all he has done, despite proving that all he wanted to do was protect the village.

Earlier, Kotomi felt absolutely angry about it. But Sasuke stopped her from protesting, saying that he would do it to atone for his sins. She respected his decision at the end, even though she was heartbroken about it.

It was only a matter of time when the two siblings can live a normal life once more. Once that time comes, Kotomi knew that she would feel like her four year old self before the Uchiha Clan massacre. At some point, her and Sasuke would reconcile, restoring their brother and sister relationship, hopefully to even improve it better than it once was before.

A/N: I apologize for skipping a whole lot of things, it would take way too long to write everything. I wanted to conclude the war in four chapters which worked out in some way. I was trying to look up 'Tobirama hates Uchihas' memes. A lot of them were really funny, but this one in particular made me start dying of laughter where I couldn't breathe.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

4.6K 241 11
For the first three years of her life, Sakura has only known the inside of the Senju compound, until a few days ago that is. Who knew all the unexpec...
415K 14.5K 30
Forsake- to quit or leave entirely: Forsaken- abandoned or deserted. Naruto Namikaze, Sasuke Uchiha, and Sakura Haruno. Three members of team seven...
260K 9.9K 44
This takes place a month after the fourth shinobi war. A few people were given a second chance at life, those people being the previous Hokages; Hash...
15K 420 15
DISCONTINUED _________________ Sasuke has a twin. It was surprising for those in the academy, one day he showed up and wouldn't let go of her, like s...