The Unforgiven { Legolas x OC...

artalicous tarafından

A fellowship is formed to destroy the One Ring to save middle-Earth. They withstand lost, battles, war. What... Daha Fazla

A shadow of the past
Tower of Isengard
Rivendell
The Council of Elrond
The departure from Rivendell
Approaching the Nine
A yak in the Dark
The pass of Caradhras
Gate of Moria
Moria
The Tomb Of Balin
Bridge of Khazad-dûm!
Lothlórien
Lady of Lórien
Sense of Hollow Grief
The Mirror of Galadriel
The unknown blade
Renege upon
Farewell to Lorien
Uruk-hai
Elven Brooch
Rohirrim
Fangorn Forest
The awaken of Théoden King
Mellon im nall- cin!
A sharp pang of Awkwardness!
Mereth en draugr -im
A cherished memory!
Helm's Deep
The Walls of Helm's Deep
Dawn of the East
The Voice of Saruman
Cernin & Aldar
Overwhelming sweetness
The shapeless shadow of the East
Arwen
Yallume!
Lle fiose amin!
Thranduil & Raeves
The Dead answered!
Battle of the Pelennor Fields
Houses Of Healing
A'maelamin!
The Last Debate
The ring is no more
Do you promise?
The Return of the King
Menomenta
Forest of Great Fear
The Elvenking's Hush-Hush
An obsolete rival... or possibly not!
Our family's bonds
Heavenly bliss
Haldir's Outburst
All things gone right!
The wedlock of Elessar & Undómie
Opposing Thranduil
The Elven-Queen's Appurtenance
Smitten intoxication of that one night!
The King of Stone and Wood
The Enchanted River of Mirkwood
The Fall
Dub thee Unforgiven
Distinguishing a friend from a foe!
A chaotic Mess of us!
Just Married!
Namaarie!
Markedly Unusual
Keeping them safe
Alaesa demands
Confronting Legolas
Narv- ráw
Unveiled & Awaken
Emotions
The end of all Evil
Departures

Alaesa's return

481 13 0
artalicous tarafından

Author's Note:

As you have noticed, ^_^ I decided to continue the FF. True be told, I completed it in a hurry leaving out parts of the story I wanted to include. Alaesa, the growing darkness of the North, etc. all were added back then for the story to unfold.

Let's give it a try and revive this FF. Please let me know your thoughts and if there are people out there that would want it to go on. ^_^

Note: For those who don't recall. Alaesa was Nienna's daughter. The pretty and greedy one. xD The one that had pushed Ethir into the Enchanted River of Mirkwood. Thranduil had her exiled from Mirkwood.

Disclaimers: I don't own any of the characters, places, names, etc (only the OC). It all belongs to J.R.R. Tolkien and Peter Jackson.

- - -

Fourth Age, Third Year October 29

As the light faded to black, the colors of the grass and leaves remained in her mind almost like a fragrance. Her tall silhouette became ever more silvery between the shadows that stretched out. The warmth of the autumn day was quite gone, a markedly unusual in appearance strolled through the ElvenKing's Halls. Only ever present in the shadow lingering and the first bite of midnight it reached inside the bedchambers of Raeves. The young elf drifted deeply asleep and never noticed the present near her. The night sky grew ever more dark. Soon the shadows blended into blackness and any light was less pronounced. Darkness rose out of time, heavy it dwelt tonight. It rested without consequence. Leaves scurried along the path and the breeze became more keen, raising goosebumps all over the kingdom. Everyone felt dark and ill at work. It cost Thranduil to jump from his sleep. Legolas is drawn into it. And Ethir blacked out. There was something in the darkness that was like a promise, like the world before dawn. Something hollow was a secret at work.

When the dawn came, it found everyone awake and baffled. The monochrome at nightfall, was long gone. In the daylight the bright colors came alive, giving fake hope to everyone that it was only a nightmare. The Elvenking sat on his throne after he woke up from the eerie feeling. Loud and steady footsteps were echoed through the Elvenking's halls. The sound increased and it became noticeable. The slender tall figure that was lingering in the shadows, appeared in front of him and revealed itself. The Elleth with white fair skin and long straight Hair stood in the middle of the throne chamber proud ready to confront Thranduil. A few years ago he had cast her out of his Halls and his land. He was sure she would never return.

Thranduil narrowed his eyes, his facial expressions indifferent, his act cold and self-centered as always. "You have found a way in my halls." his gaze dropped heavily against the Elleth. "If I'm not mistaken, you were exiled from my Halls! Yet, here you are, unable to obey the mandate. What drew your boldness upon your return?" the ElvenKing uttered in strong resentment at the Elleth.

"My King, you forget I lived inside those Halls for centuries. I know my way in and out." she-elf responded in a lower tone smirking. She took two more steps closer to the throne as she placed her hand against her long gown "It has been almost 5 years my King. It's time for my return. Time for you to allow me back." Her words are strong and her attitude is aggressive. "You name it boldness, My Lord. I name it bravery."

"Brave were never your actions Alaesa! They were filled with greed and wrongdoings. I suggest you give me a good reason, before your rot in my dungeons." Thranduil voiced crossing his legs and showing his superiority. True be told, he never expected that Alaesa would disobey his order. She was a cunning Elleth, but never powerful enough to face Thranduil's wrath. Until now only one person dared to be foolish enough to stand against the ElvenKing's word. And that was his son's 'Adaneth'. He was inquisitive of her actions.

Alaesa chuckled stepping closer her gaze was attached to his, showing her lack of fear. "After my exile, I reached out trying to find a place to stay. Lorien forbids me to enter. Rivendell could never satisfy my needs. And few of the elven realms I visit had blacklisted me." she made it known with a disagreeably acrid taste in her tone. "It only took one word from the Elvenking of Mirkwood. The full of pride and dark ElvenKing..." she glanced at him strongly "Who could not be trusted... who only cares about his keep... Still, it was enough, to have me banned." she hissed recalling those memories.

Thranduil had heard enough he placed his hands against the throne arms and was ready to stand up and order her to be taken away. But the Elleth gestured him to stop. "My King now comes the best part of the story. Be able to tolerate some more." Alyssa said with a touch of irony.

"I warn you Alaesa, if you have nothing to barge. You are good as dead!" he asserted to her and decided to allow this madness for a bit longer.

"...I returned to Mirkwood. It was only weeks after my departure. I knew I could not cross the Elven Halls. I traveled North with the guards that were given to me." she turned and walked up and down for a few seconds "Your north borders are never quiet. Even with the Sauron gone, the attacks never rested?" she spoke confidently, and gazed at him above her shoulders.

It was enough to win the ElvenKing's attention. In most parts of Mirkwood, the attacks had stopped and darkness withdrew. Yet, the north only became stronger. Something dark was at work there. A new, or better an old devilry was showing its teeth. "Speak? What have you crossed over?" Thranduil demanded to know.

Alaesa laughed excited that she managed finally to have his attention. "I rode towards the ancient Kingdom of Angmar and beyond. Forgotten darkness rests there. It welcomed me and offered a temporary accommodation." she revealed.

Thranduil had never forgotten The ancient Kingdom of Angmar. All his darkness rose from there. Even before the battle of the five armies. Even before the Witch-king of Angmar, an entity darker and malicious existed there. He had known its wrath and ruin. He faced the great serpents of the north. Until today that darkness and suffering lived inside him. "Do not talk to me of the north. Nothing remained in Angmar. It was all perished." Thranduil expressed strongly glaring at her.

"Indeed, I have been told you lost quite a lot there. You almost died there. In another age, our people waged war on those lands. I had read the stories. Heard the tales. Yet, I never knew the details. The Elvenking of Mirkwood lost his power and pride there. He would have failed inadvertently to retain his own life If Lord of Rivendell and the wizard had not aided him. They saved you My King, and taught you crafts strong enough to hide your pain and darkness. Yet, centuries later your own wife got perished there. However, it's well known that the queen was slain by orcs. The mystery remains of what happened to her body.. her grave. There is only one statue of her at the entrance of Mirkwood. I found the story quite interesting." Alaesa told him as she stepped farther facing him.

The memories came like a forceful stream hitting the walls, he built all those ages. His darkest secrets (that were even forgotten by him) rose and haunted him. He was sure nothing of the old darkness survived. It may go on living in another form. Yet, nothing valid and consistent in the material world. "You speak of Ghosts, Alaesa. Your nefarious plot may caught my attention, but it's not enough to gain your access back into my realm. Leave now! Before I change my mind." Thranduil uttered and turned away.

"My King, I was already told that words like those would never have the ElvenKing shiver. This was only the beginning of my story." she divulged having Thranduil turn and face her once more "You see... that Darkness did not only tell me about your secrets. It also taught me the old ways. Witch crafts that were forgotten from this world. How to cast spells... How to allure innocent souls... And above all the witchcraft... there was only one that the forgotten darkness found rare. One that can enchant an Elf's Fëa, corrupt it, and slowly make it rot. Of course, such a spell is meaningless for grown-up Elves. And especially for strong and self-centered ones like yours. But I am sure there a few that could be in danger, My King?" Alaesa placed finally her threat.

And she was right, there was nothing in the living world and beyond that could bring the Elvenking to his knees. He was through fire and darkness. He had lived through evil times, that no Elf could endure. He even denied the call of the sea. Almost nothing could be his downfall. Yet, Alaesa's threat found ground. He had spotted the black and shaded form last night. He was still an Ellon and knew if something mischievous was at work. He could handle it if all his secrets were revealed. It could damage him. But it was not enough to sustain a valid threat against him. Yet, ancient sorcery could. He drew his blade and the fain metal paused an inch from the Ellth's neck. "Now, tell me what is this witchery you have brought upon us?" his words blasted loud through his halls "Do not think, you have earned your way back. Your threats only secured your death."

Alaesa was satisfied. The King of stone and wood seemed to have a weakness after all. "My King you still can read through my words. Yet, I do not only wish for my return but more. You see ... 'Gwaedh' or a "bond" of loyalty" as it's called. It's strong crafts you cannot will or undo my lord. I would be careful before aiming for my death."

Thranduil wrath was shown on his face and body. Everything showed he was ready to cut her down. Yet, if only her words were true. He could not bear to make such a mistake. He stepped back and lowered his blade. "Speak now! Do not think a threat of ancient crafts will have any effect on shutter me," he uttered. He had heard of the 'Gwaedh' before. It was a very old black sorcery. Few of the Elves died by it. He had seen it before. Indeed it was a craft found in The ancient Kingdom of Angmar. That was long forgotten. If Alaesa knew more than only the name of that evilness. Then it was a direct threat.

Alaesa stared at Thranduil and walked closer, she leaned her face next to his ear and whispered "I can cast 'Gwaeth' my King. I already did to someone very important to you! If I die, that one dies with me. If you refuse me, that one will be in danger."

Many had threatened the Elvenking throughout his long existence. He was never alerted. There were not many threats that were able to get through him. Yet, that one managed to pierce his heart. A sorcery so ancient and strong cast inside his halls was an open threat. He pushed the Elleth off and raised his sword "Enough! I had heard enough. You dare threaten me inside my kingdom. You dare to bring evil upon your people." he fired up in rage at hot burning anger that sought to harm.

Alaesa's eyes widened in fear. She awaited to come cross Thranduil's wrath. But she was sure the witchery would be a valid threat and the King would aim for her death. She could not be so wrong. Her words were slipped out faster than a stormy breeze "Raeves! I have cast the spell on Raeves last night! If you kill me she will perish with me!"

The tang nut of the blade missed its target and the blade fell from the Elvenking's hand. He felt the ground collapsing under his feet. His heart becomes heavy and worried. He could not name the new emotion, was it terror or was it fear? "What have you done?" spoke his tone lower than ever. "Reaves?! She is only a newborn. She has not even reached her own Fëa." Of all the darkness and evilness he had seen all these centuries. Never had he come across such an action so heinous done by an Elf. "Alaesa, you an Elleth. For whatever reason you could not let such darkness win over you! Undo it now!" he asked almost begging. "You never know what it can do to an Elfin or our realm."

"I have already sealed it. It cannot be undone. Despite that, you can keep her safe and alive. As long you as my needs are covered and my commands answered." Alaesa responded and stood up. She walked over to where Thranduil had earlier collapsed leaned down and pressed her lips against his. Next, she pulled back "I'll allow you some time on your own to settle your thoughts. We will talk about the details later. My king!" she bowed turned around, and took her leave.

Suddenly, the large and open throne chamber became so small and dark, that it was suffocating and pressing in almost crushing the Elvenking. He sat against his throne's first stile and held his head between both hands. Everything felt threatening and terrifying at that moment. Even his deepest shadows now were swallowed by the encroaching darkness that Alaesa unleashed. It burned him like a fire he could not undo. Ancient black and dark crafts he had never encountered. He had seen their outcome back in the old days. He knew, and he knew it well what 'Gwaeth' could do to an elf. Especially an elf as young as Raeves. Also, casting witchery so dark and evil it would allure more darkness towards his realm. He remained motionless sitting in the same spot. He was pale, paler like a winter morning. His eyes and his mouth were frozen wide open in an expression of stunned surprise, and although he seemed cold and proud his mind spaced memory after memory and knowledge after knowledge trying to find a way to save Raeves. Yet, he could not place his trust in any hope.

((Next Chapter: 69))

[last edit: 2017 April]

- - -

'Ellon' == Elf or He-Elf

'Elleth' == She-Elf

'Adaneth'== Human-female

More than anything, thank you for taking the time to read this!

Quick Note: We are back!

Okumaya devam et

Bunları da Beğeneceksin

62.1K 1.6K 31
Sequel to my book 'Child of Sky'. (Though if you don't care about the back story, this can be read separately.) Therith is getting caught up in anoth...
178K 3.5K 36
I entered my story in the 2022 Wattys! #watty2022 The one ring has been found, 9 companions join together to defeat Sauron; but what was unexpected w...
156K 6.3K 40
LEGOLAS/OC. MOVIE VERSE. Desperate to save her father, Anastasia made a grave choice and struck a deal that eventually led her to be banished to Midd...
314K 11.8K 22
"You talk too much elf-boy," Arya muttered, her voice hoarse from all the screaming she had done due to the pain of her injuries. Legolas scrunched u...