I See You

By Moonwalker322

✨(Under construction) Being that I wrote this book 2 years ago some of the beginning chapters are not up to t... More

Author's Note
~πΆβ„Žπ‘Žπ‘Ÿπ‘Žπ‘π‘‘π‘’π‘Ÿπ‘ ~
~Chapter 2~
~Chapter 3~
~Chapter 4~
~Chapter 5~
~Chapter 6~
~Chapter 7~
~Chapter 8~
~Chapter 9~
~Chapter 10~
~Chapter 11~
~Chapter 12~
~To Michael~
~Chapter 13~
~Chapter 14~
~Chapter 15~
~Chapter 16~
~Chapter 17~
~Chapter 18~
~Chapter 19~
~Chapter 20~
~Chapter 21~

~Chapter 1~

1.7K 71 39
By Moonwalker322

"Naila please call me if those kids keep bullying you," Crystal, Naila's older sister speaks after helping her out of the car.

Not that she needed the help because what she was going through was something she was far used to.

Already knowing that's exactly what is going to happen as soon as she enters Lynbrook High. "I will Crys," Naila sighs, regretting not using the sick excuse to get out of being at this place she deemed hell.

Naila knew as soon as she stepped foot into the school the bullying would begin again. It was like a never ending situation for her. The routine went as followed. Naila would take a couple of days away from school due to bullying and when she went back it would continue.

Crystal and their grandmother, Rosalina, have taken many meetings with the principal about the situation, but the bullies still find a way. Light punishment threats and mini detentions meant nothing to them. Their one goal would be fulfilled one way or another.

Looking somberly toward her only sister, Crystal closes the car door. "Okay Nai, I love you."

"I love you too..."

Naila began walking, her white and red stick occupying her right hand as she approaches the school building. "Please be better than Wednesday," she groans in agony.

She makes it inside of the school without a problem and could hear the many students talking, gossiping, laughing. She only imagined what the students looked like, what they were wearing, how they carried themselves.

Out of nowhere someone bumps into Naila causing her to fall to the floor along with her bag and cane.

With a grunt, one of the girls say,"Watch where you're going girl! Did you not see me there?"

"I-I'm sorry I can't se—"

"Of course she didn't see you Brit," the other girl scoffs, watching Naila struggle to get up. "She can't see at all!"

Brittany Toriano and Sasha Bell were Naila's biggest bullies. They made it an agenda to make Naila's life a living hell. Did they have a reason? No.

Brittany, the main bully, smiles in delight at the scene before her. "Oh Sash you're right it's Nail the girl with the cane."

"It's pronounced Ny-luh spelled N-a-i-l-a there's an a at the end of the l," Naila corrects innocently, though her temper was far from. 

"Ask me if I care," Brittany inches closer to Naila's ear, whispering, "—blind girl."

Naila shudders with hurt as the taunting words replay in her head. Words that she was classified as on paper by the doctors in the hospital. Ones that haunted her as soon as they read her diagnosis and now here at school. 'Blind girl'.

In that moment, the first bell chimes notifying students that it was time to head to class.

"You see I was going to help you up, but you got all smart on me Nail. Good luck getting to class...loser."

Both Brittany and Sasha laugh, walking away from a struggling Naila.

"I swear if I weren't blind..." Naila starts, but stops feeling around for her cane. "You should be close by."

The principal walks out of her office spotting Naila on the floor. "Naila sweetie how did you end up down there?" Principal Jonson questions with complete concern. "Has anyone bothered you?"

Naila not wanting any confrontation slowly shakes her head as she was now back on her feet. "No Principal Johnson, I tripped and fell."

"You will tell me if they're bulling you right?"

Naila hesitates for a second debating on telling the truth or just lying. If she did, it wouldn't matter because detention would do nothing but only heighten the bullying. Deciding the latter, she clenches and unclenches her jaw, following with a soft smile. "Y-yes, I would tell you if it happened."

"Okay," Principal Johnson says, before helping Naila to get to her first class.

All heads turn in unison at the sound of the door and the sight of Naila and Principal Johnson standing at the door. Every student immediately sits upright in their seat showing their respect to their principal.

"Good morning Principal Johnson," the teacher, Mr. Jacobs beams.

Principal Johnson looks around the class before setting her eyes on Mr. Jacobs. "Good morning sir. I have brought your brightest student here this morning."

"Thank you Principal. Good morning Naila!"

"Good morning Mr. Jacobs," Naila greets, though internally groaning with irritation.

Principal Johnson helps Naila to her seat and then leaves the class. The bell rings again, this time being the late bell. Students begin to scurry into the class one in particular being Brittany.

"Ms. Toriano why are we late today?" Mr. Jacobs scolds folding his arms across his chest.

This was nothing new, Brittany's tardiness that is. It was becoming a routine for her to be late to class and the consequences were just repetitive threats. No action.

"Why don't we ask Michael," calls one of the students.

That comment incites laughter from every student in the class and a warning look from Mr. Jacobs.

Brittany shrugs her shoulders nonchalantly and starts her pursuit to her seat.

"No more tardies Brittany or that's detention!"

"You say that all the time," she mumbles, smacking on her gum.

"What was that?"

"I heard you loud and clear Mr. Jacobs and I promise next time it won't happen again."

"Good," he nods in her direction before addressing the whole class. "So class today we will be beginning our rough draft for our essay on 'Their Eyes Were Watching God'. Please grab a computer and begin to work."

Every student gets up at once to go grab their computer from the rack. The only person sitting waiting patiently for their computer was Naila.

"Naila I didn't forget about you sweetie," Mr. Jacobs says as he places her computer in front of her.

"Thank you Mr. Jacobs."

Opening her computer she began to feel the keyboards getting familiar with the braille. Naila knew what she wanted to write her essay about since she had been thinking about it for a week. As soon as she typed the first word she could not be stopped. Determined to finish the rough draft by the end of class, Naila typed away.

"Okay class wrap it up class will be ending in the next two minutes!"

Naila and a couple of other students were just about done with their rough drafts. The rest of the class was either halfway there or not even having started.

"Please put your computers away neatly," Mr. Jacobs tells the class. Then, he stopps Brittany mid-walk and asks, "Brittany can you put Naila's away please?"

"Why? Her vision doesn't stop her arms and legs from working," she spits with disgust.

"Brittany that was rude! Put her computer away now!" Mr. Jacobs yells frustrated by Brittany's rudeness.

Brittany rolls her eyes at him before picking up Naila's computer and taking it with her to the cart.

In a matter of minutes the bell rings and all of the students rush out to go to their next class. Naila slowly gets up, pulling her cane out.

"Naila I'm sorry about Brittany if she's bothering you please let—"

"It's okay Mr. Jacobs, I'm fine," Naila lies, saving face.

Unbeknownst to Mr. Jacobs, what Brittany said slightly hurt Naila. But she continued to put on that fake smile that seemed almost believable.

"I don't know how you do it Naila! You are so brave and I'm proud of you from what you've been through," Mr. Jacobs says as he helps escort her out of the door.

"I try not to think about the fact that I am blind Mr. Jacobs, but happy the fact that I'm alive."

"That is a great way to look at it—life in general." He helps her to the pathway of her next class, wishing her a great day."

"Thanks sir! You have a great day as well."

Naila was on her way to the restroom before going to class with urgency because she really had to go.

She turns one of the corners of the hallway and is sent straight to the floor by someone running into her.

"I swear if one more person knocks me down! I'm blind, I can't see where I'm going!" She fumes, aggravated by the lack of respect.

"Oh my, I-I am so sorry, I was running from my friend," the young man apologizes while helping Naila up from the floor.

"You must be Naila." He smiles looking at her while grabbing her hand.

Naila unaware of who she's talking to, frowns—shaking his hand in return.

"Yes I am...and you are?"

"I am Michael," he says softly.

To be continued...

I hope you all like the first chapter of my new story!

Please vote, comment, and share.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

19.1M 708K 55
Now available as Audiobook on Audible India. Moving back to her old school, Alana befriends the arrogant Xavier. Underneath his scars are feelings fo...
1.9K 530 37
HELLO! THIS IS MY FIRST STORY SO PLEASE SHOW ME SOME LOVE.. GOD BLESS..😍 True friends that distinct from each other. This story is about two girls t...
44.8K 1.9K 38
[Warning: I wrote this book when I was, like, thirteen, so it's pretty cheesy and it might be a bit shitty] With her mother now gone, Raina is forced...
265 80 23
Growing up in a toxic environment, sixteen-year-old Jay Foster has always had psychological problems, coupled with a quick temper. But one night some...