Worst Behavior

By onelasttae

Two boys in the 1980s from conservative families shouldn't be falling in love, especially when being homosexu... More

COMING SOON
ⅰ. THE TEMPTED
00. unfamiliar faces
01. city boy
02. we meet again
03. consequences
04. the other side of heaven
05. a little bug
06. wishes
07. everyone's flawed
08. is it right
09. natural
11. old friends
12. begin
13. in the closet (again)
14. the world's unfair
15. pride
16. a huge problem
17. to lie is to be careful
18. real life
19. milkshakes
20. just friends
ii. THE SINNERS
21. happier
22. first love
23. it's called making love
24. the future
25. the present
26. touch of grace
27. red and blue
28. the lake
29. hold me tight
30. they all fall down
iii. THE RUINED
31. back to reality
32. one more night
33. new and old
34. say something
35. confession
36. so sudden
37. let me go
38. goodbye
EPILOGUE

10. rendezvous

47.5K 3.3K 5.5K
By onelasttae

[ 10. rendezvous ]
T A E H Y U N G

i love you guys

▂▂▂▂▂

It's been almost a full month since the Kims have settled in town, and at least a couple weeks since Taehyung has been sneaking off to see Jeon Jeongguk.

New York is quite different from Tennessee, the entire dynamic shifting dramatically the moment he arrived. Everywhere he goes, the nostalgia of billboards and buildings that practically kissed the sky follow him, the scenery he is now faced with every morning being endless forests and land that stretched for miles with small buildings. There's no more shopping trips or mall adventures, no more fucking around the streets, and of course no more New York friendships that he had to cut off upon moving here.

Taehyung had thought it would be hell.

Leaving behind his identity in the city for a conservative, religious lifestyle he had first believed it to be some sort of punishment for being gay. The idea of Tennessee and starting fresh didn't sit so well in the beginning. All that he has built for himself in New York will soon be forgotten and the friendships he has deeply cherished being forced to an end. His sickness, or well, his mother had put it, will be cured in the form of weekly therapy sessions with ex-gay counselors.

To be honest, he hasn't felt so fucking scared for such a big change in his life, and he guesses when he met Jeon Jeongguk the pain eased a little bit.

Jeon Jeongguk is something. Yes, that's right. Exquisite. Extraordinary. Brilliant. All of those things define Jeon Jeongguk, and perhaps a bit too obedient can describe the doe-eyed boy. He hasn't met someone devoted to words written by man, someone who believes sin can destroy your life, and someone who hasn't dared to sin in the whole sixteen years he has been alive.

Well fuck that. He's sinning now.

Taehyung isn't lying when he said he felt some sort of attraction towards the boy. Those round doe eyes, his small, pink and natural pouty lips, tiny waist, and a pretty accent he can listen to for hours. Whenever he kisses Jeongguk it ignites the flame of rebellion in him, perhaps also melting him until he can't think. And God, having Jeon Jeongguk's cock in his mouth is something too; ever since that day the boy's been letting him suck him off more often and it's so fucking addicting.

He also can't get enough of Jeon Jeongguk, and that's a fact. They have been spending more time together, getting to know each other, and even sneaking in forbidden touches in between. From the time they have spent at the gazebo at night, Taehyung knows Jeongguk loves the color yellow, adores old hollywood films, likes his cookies soft, hates football, and other little details that has some sort of relevance in their nightly conversations.

Plus the gazebo is their special place - a place where society can't judge them, where they can be free, where they can kiss each other and touch each other without guilt. It's a safehaven, and their spot. Every night he sneaks out to see Jeongguk, and lately he has made it a routine to flash his flashlight in Jeongguk's bedroom window and taking the boy's hand in his own before running into the brush.

It's those nights where Taehyung finds himself completely free, mystified by the loveliness of Jeon Jeongguk, and rebelling against society's norms - like tonight, for example.

"Tae!" Jeongguk squeals, the boy trying his best to fight out of Taehyung's grip on his sides, tickling him evilly.

"Doll, be honest," Taehyung laughs heartily, the duo tumbling onto the plush grass. It ends up with Jeongguk on top of Taehyung, the younger smirking devishly as he gains the upperhand. He digs his fingers into the older's sides, tickling Taehyung for much needed payback.

Their laughter intertwines in the night sky, their figures illuminated by the pale white moonlight. Above them stars twinkle dimly, the soft chirps of crickets and rustle of leaves from nearby birds simply peaceful. It's like paradise at the gazebo - a world made just for them.

"Fine, fine," Jeongguk lets out breathlessly when Taehyung sits up, wrapping his strong arms around his tiny waist and pulling him close, the boy burying his nose in the crook of his neck.

Jeongguk smells like detergent and cologne, a fragrance Taehyung has become particularly fond of. Occasionally will he joke and ask Jeongguk to wear women's perfume, saying the smell of vanilla or roses will suit him better. However, Jeongguk usually ends up angry with him, claiming perfume is a woman's thing and is completely beyond the boundaries of masculinity. Taehyung doesn't do it much anymore, knowing the boy's already stressed enough with the fact he's struggling with his sexuality.

"Tell me, darling, that you like my mullet," Taehyung whispers, pulling away so that he can see those pretty doe-eyes of his. He meets his gaze, smiling fondly at the younger as he rolls his eyes.

"Mullets are kinda overrated," Jeongguk's nose scrunches with disgust. "Some guys at school look like they have a thin beard growing from their neck."

Taehyung snorts, "That's gross Jeongguk." He finds his smile widening at the way Jeongguk's eyes twinkle with pure amusement.

"But it's true! And oh, the kids who try too hard to be country iritate me!" Jeongguk complains, his cute lips pursing slightly. Taehyung thinks it's rather adorable how his accent thickens whenever he gets worked up - it's a part of Jeongguk he can't help but admire.

"Will you be mad if I show up at school with a fake accent and a cowboy hat?" He chuckles deeply when the younger's features crinkle. "Maybe I'll wear boots with spurs! Perhaps a flannel and a-"

"-No!" Jeongguk squeaks, lightly punching Taehyung's chest. The older shakes his head, wondering how in the world he's able to meet someone as innocent and pretty as Jeongguk.

He presses a chaste kiss to Jeongguk's cheek, his lips lingering on his soft skin for a moment before he draws his head back. "You're cute," He teases, leaning their foreheads together.

"Stop that," Jeongguk blushes profusely, trying his best to avoid Taehyung's eyes, but the older's quick to connect their lips before he can turn away.

After a while, they seem to forget they need to breathe. Pulling away, Jeongguk's lips pull into an embarassed grin. "Don't cheat Tae," He murmurs, slinging his arms around Taehyung's neck. Taehyung chuckles.

"I'm not sorry doll," He answers before pressing another long kiss to the boy's lips. Their mouths move perfectly against one another, the rush of excitement each time they kiss never fading away. No matter how much they familiarize themselves with each other's lips, they can't help but kiss one another as though it's their first.

"Maybe we should get going," Jeongguk then whispers, his voice caught up in the little noises he makes in his throat when Taehyung's lips find their way to his neck. He's careful not to make the hickies too big, knowing very well of the consequences if he does so.

"Who cares if it's late," Taehyung slips his hands up Jeongguk's shirt, the edges of his lips quirking slightly when Jeongguk shivers beneath his touch. His touch is cool against his hot skin, the humidity of the night slicking their skin with thin sheens of sweat. He then helps the boy out of the material, the air surrounding them feeling a little hotter.

"My mom," Jeongguk hums, his fingers taking fistfuls of Taehyung's shirt as the boy peppers his bare chest with slow kisses. "My dad, your dad. Your mom - Rachel," he lists their family members, but the moment he mentions Taehyung's mother the boy tenses subtly.

"Fuck her," Taehyung mutters bitterly, resting his lips on the dip of Jeongguk's collarbone. Jeongguk sighs, gently pushing the older away to get a look at his face.

Jeongguk frowns, concern flitting across his features, "Tae we need to get going. You don't want them getting suspicious right?"

"What time is it?" Taehyung questions, ignoring Jeongguk as he eases the boy out of his lap and helps him with his shirt. Jeongguk glances down at Taehyung's watch, taking his wrist into his fingers delicately.

"Almost midnight," Jeongguk says, and instantly Taehyung shoots up onto his feet, his eyes wide.

"Midnight?" Taehyung stammers, paling. The younger spares him a look of confusion. "Yeah? What's so wrong about that?"

Taehyung shakes his head silently, entangling their fingers together hastily. He pulls Jeongguk to his feet, anxiety surging through him knowing he has been gone too late. He doesn't say a word as he dashes through the brush with Jeongguk's hand in his own, his mind focusing solely on the reaction of his dad when he comes into his bedroom and realizes his son's not there.

His father isn't the type to punish, but he knows one person who's willing to beat him into his place.

▂▂▂▂▂

trigger fellas

After quickly kissing Jeongguk good bye behind the protection of the overgrowth, Taehyung dashes up the lattice fence and onto the slanted roof where his bedroom window sits. Fear driving his actions, Taehyung shoves the window up, practically diving to get into his bedroom.

But the moment he enters, Rachel is already standing by the door, her narrowed gaze fixated on him. He gulps uneasily, avoiding the anger in her stare. Taehyung shrinks, preparing himself for her scoldings and waiting for her to do the same thing she always does whenever he gets in trouble - hit him.

" The fuck did you go?" She sneers, her voice awfully loud for this hour. Thankfully she isn't drunk, though she's still frightening even sober.

"I was out," Taehyung's throat feels dry, his voice a little hoarse. He tenses when Rachel enters his bedroom, standing only a couple feet in front of him, her arms pressed tightly across her chest.

"Your father was looking for you," Rachel seethes, cornering Taehyung to the point he can't escape. Taehyung yelps when her hand grabs his jaw, digging her fingers into his skin as she forces his gaze to meet her own.

"Do you know how disappointed he was? Taehyung you say you want to change, but here you are, being a fucking shame to this family," Rachel squeezes his skin, but a soft 'stop' has her releasing her grip.

By the doorway is Taehyung's dad. His eyes are tired as per usual, his shoulders are a little bit hunched, and his lips are drawn in a frown. Taehyung gulps, avoiding his father's disappointed eyes.

"Rachel, there's no need to teach him more," His dad reasons, his voice gentle. Taehyung watches as Rachel sucks in a breath, her features contorted with anger.

"Our son was out, Beomsoo," She argues, gesturing at Taehyung. Taehyung's dad only sighs. "He could have been going around spreading his disease to those other kids-,"

"-It is not a disease," Taehyung whispers weakly, but when Rachel turns around, her hand raised in the air, he cowers.

"That's enough," His dad says sternly. Rachel lowers her hand, her lips twisted into a scowl as she turns to face her husband. Anger is practically oozing from her stance.

"See, Beomsoo, that fucking therapy isn't working!" Rachel's screaming again. It always ends up like this, yet she never learns how fruitless it is. His dad always remains silent and always waits for Rachel to calm down. Taehyung has never heard him raise his voice ever.

"Do you expect him to get a girlfriend and declare his love for women after a few weeks?" Beomsoo shoots back, calmly. "Love, it will work. Just give it more time."

Rachel opens her mouth to speak. However, Beonsoo lifts his palm, immediately silencing her. She spares Taehyung a dirty look before leaving his room, not once talking to either one of them as she heads to her room and slams the door shut.

Now it's just Taehyung and his dad.

"Dad," Taehyung murmurs, his eyes burning when his dad steps into his room and shuts the door behind him with a soft click.

"Can you tell me why you're out?" His dad asks politely, stepping towards Taehyung. He draws in a shaky breath, unsure whether to tell the truth or lie to his father. He has only lied to him once, but the disappointment that comes with it pains him. He can't stand hurting his dad, yet here he is, unable to tell him where he has been.

"I was with a girl," His throat suddenly feels like it's closing. His eyes fall shut.

"That's all?" His dad asks, and Taehyung nods stiffly. He then feels his Dad embrace him, his strong grip pulling him close in a loving hug. As quick as it started, he lets go of his son and peers down at him with a gentle smile.

"I'm proud it's working," He whispers softly, his hand patting his shoulder.

"Yeah," Taehyung forces his lips into a smile that struggles to stay put. "Me too."

"Bring her over sometime too, and oh, that Jeongguk kid? He's a nice influence," His dad says, squeezing his shoulder. "I like you hanging around him. He's a good kid."

"I'll do so sir," Taehyung swallows, his smile steadying somewhat at the mention of Jeongguk's name. His dad chuckles deeply, releasing his hand as he turns to walk back to the door.

"However," He says over his shoulder, his tone changing into something more colder.

"If I catch you being a faggot with that boy, or any boy, there will be consequences."

"Yes sir," Taehyung replies, his voice smaller than usual. His dad nods, and from where Taehyung can see he is smiling.

"Good, I love you," He whispers.

"I love you too," Taehyung answers back in a broken whisper, but the pit in the bottom of his stomach says otherwise.

▂▂▂▂▂

sorry i took so long to update
ya'll are so sweet wanting more (:

this is kinda a filler because i hit
a point where i got reallllly stuck so
hopefully this wasn't so bad?

after this, i'll update more for sure
love ya'll to infinity and back 💛
Mela

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

104K 4.9K 16
All three boys Jimin, Taehyung, and Jungkook, are virgins. Most people would consider them odd for being 18-year-old virgins, but the boys claim to h...
749K 24.7K 26
In which a Teacher and a student are in relationship. Taehyung being the teacher and Jungkook the student. || It's worth it || -- BoyXBoy ff; read at...
23K 669 46
Taehyung is good at hiding things. He hides his feelings. His depression. His self harm. His scars. But above all he hides the fact that he is in lov...
107K 2.8K 22
"i-i trusted you.." cried the younger boy. "well, you shouldn't." said the older rudely. - a story in which taehyung, a 21 year old guy, betrays his...