Rivals

By ASHLYNAUTHORS

Rebecca Vecellio is dying to be a part of the family business, or the gang, The Wolves, but her father is hel... More

CHAPTER 1:
CHAPTER 2:
CHAPTER 3:
CHAPTER 4:
CHAPTER 5:
CHAPTER 6:
CHAPTER 8:
CHAPTER 9:
CHAPTER 10:
CHAPTER 11:
CHAPTER 12:
CHAPTER 13:
CHAPTER 14:
CHAPTER 15:
CHAPTER 16:
CHAPTER 17:
CHAPTER 18:
CHAPTER 19:
CHAPTER 20:
CHAPTER 21:
CHAPTER 22:
CHAPTER 23:
CHAPTER 24:
CHAPTER 25:
CHAPTER 26:
CHAPTER 27:
CHAPTER 28:
CHAPTER 29:
CHAPTER 30:
CHAPTER 31:
CHAPTER 32:
CHAPTER 33:
CHAPTER 34:
CHAPTER 35:
CHAPTER 36:
CHAPTER 37:
CHAPTER 38:
CHAPTER 39:
CHAPTER 40:
CHAPTER 41:
CHAPTER 42:
CHAPTER 43:
CHAPTER 44:
CHAPTER 45:
CHAPTER 46:
CHAPTER 47:
CHAPTER 48:
CHAPTER 49:
CHAPTER 50:
CHAPTER 51:
CHAPTER 52:
CHAPTER 53:
CHAPTER 54:
CHAPTER 55:
CHAPTER 56:
CHAPTER 57:
CHAPTER 58:
CHAPTER 59:
CHAPTER 60:
CHAPTER 61:
CHAPTER 62:
CHAPTER 63:
CHAPTER 64:
CHAPTER 65:
CHAPTER 66:
CHAPTER 67:
CHAPTER 68:
CHAPTER 69:
CHAPTER 70:
CHAPTER 71:
CHAPTER 72:
CHAPTER 73:
CHAPTER 74:
CHAPTER 75:
CHAPTER 76:
CHAPTER 77:
CHAPTER 78:
CHAPTER 79:
EPILOGUE

CHAPTER 7:

786 141 2
By ASHLYNAUTHORS

Rebecca

I have had enough of this prick, and I am completely over this damn night.

Fuck getting dessert and him, but mostly him.

I quickly pick up my glass of wine and down it before taking the large napkin that once held my silverware together to wipe my mouth. I set the glass down first, the napkin following, and stood from the chair, Killian standing along with me; immediate and vigorous.

"Where do you think you are going Princess?" Killian asks as he races over to my side of the table.

He grabs my arm as I try to shake him off despite his rigid grasp and aggressive strength.

He squeezes his hand tensely against my arm, and I let out a small whimper from the pain it causes.

My lips begin to tremble and my eyebrows press together and I look up at his angered expression.

At first, his brows were furrowed down and his lips were formed into a line, but when he saw the pain he inflicted on me, his expression softened and he loosened his grip right away—his expression now blank.

I shake off his hand and back away from him slightly to create some distance.

"This meeting is not over," he stares at me intently with dark eyes, sparkling with no emotion other than anger.

"Your hour is now up and it's time for me to leave," I explain too loudly as I start to walk away from the table.

I nearly reach the doors of the entrance when he mutters something unintelligible. I turn around only to continue to walk but backwards and ask, "what was that?"

"Oh nothing. I was just imagining aloud what you are going to tell Dante when he asks you what happened tonight," Killian snickers. "I would pay big money to see the look on his face when he learns what you know."

I stopped walking and squeezed my eyes shut because I knew he was right. I could take my chances with my father, but the truth would be closer to getting out.

Killian stares at me intently with sparkling eyes now.

He knew I was having an internal conflict, and when he smiled, he knew that he got into my head.

"I know that look. It's the same look you made when you saw me in Ocean City and outside the cafe."

I internally gasped as he said that.

So it wasn't a dream.

He was following me!

"Did my father put you up to that?" I asked as I took one step back to him, then another, and another until I growled under my breath and drug my feet back to the table.

"No, I just happened to be in Ocean City at the same time," he said as he smiled. "I'm glad you've seen the big picture," he waits for me to reluctantly sit and then beckons the waiter before sitting himself.

"So if you're here, then who's running hell?" I mutter under my breath.

"I thought we were ruling it together Princess," he responds playfully.

The waiter takes our empty plates back into the kitchen, and then returns with a freshly popped bottle of wine to refill our glasses before he scurries back into the kitchen.

I slump back in my seat and let my gaze go to the small kitchen door.

"Does he know?" I curiously ask.

I see Killian follow my gaze out of the corner of my eye before he turns to look at me and says, "yes, he does. Everyone hired here knows who I am and what they signed up for, but they don't mind."

I look back at Killian to see him as slumped as I, tracing circles on the very top of his full wine glass.

"I pay my employees well and they adore me," he continues as he stops tracing circles.

"Or they endure you," I mumble under my breath and then pick up my glass to take a sip of the bitter wine.

I set my glass down and crossed my arms.

"So where is the dessert anyways?" I asked with annoyance in my voice as Killian snickered.

"You're looking at it darling," he spoke low and huskily as he leaned back in his chair and bit his lip.

I raised my brows and leaned back myself.

"Seriously?" I questioned sarcastically as he rolled his eyes.

"Dessert please. You know what to bring," he cheekily ordered from the waiters by the kitchen doors and then winks at me.

Someone help me, I might throw up. If I do though, please let it land on Killian and not my dress or this decadent dessert that is coming.

I picked my glass up and took a sip. As I set my glass down he makes eye contact with me, looking at me deeply, almost as though I am the only woman in the room.

Technically I am, but it starts to make me feel uncomfortable.

I squirm in my chair for a moment while he guns his signature crooked smile and his smoldering eyes at me.

That only makes me even more uncomfortable, but my chest fluttered like butterflies were swarming inside of me.

"Would you stop looking at me like that?" I remark and glance away for a moment. When I look back I see a smile plastered across his perfectly chiseled face.

"Like what Princess?" He turns his head slightly which makes the dim lights from the restaurant reflect in his glimmering eyes like fresh snow.

"Like that, all gooey and sweet," I force out, almost disgusted.

"Oh you know you love it when I give you attention," he states and then winks once.

"You're delusional," I correct and raise my brows slightly.

"Maybe I am, maybe I'm not," his accent was thicker than a bowl of oatmeal.

"Where is the dessert I was promised?" I ask, getting antsy.

"It is coming....or maybe we could skip dessert and get down to it," he seductively smiles and bites his lip.

"Delusional and disgusting," my voice harsh as I contain myself from spitting on him.

"Sure, but you love it," he flashes his pearly white smile once again and looks at me deeply like before.

I close my eyes and take a deep breath to calm those butterflies and contain myself from strangling him and his confusing personality.

"Keep telling yourself that," I utter through tight lips and open my eyes. "What should I tell my father?" I get back on track.

"It is not that simple," he tugs on his bottom lip then forms a smile when the waiter opens the kitchen door, creating a subtle creaking sound that echoes in the silent room.

The waiter sets the small plates down in front of us, greeting me with a dessert; tiramisu cake.

The manilla and hazelnut colors are just begging to eat it, but I need to keep this last part of the meeting strictly business so I don't have to throw out a body bag by the end of the night.

Although, one bite of this delicious coffee flavored dessert wouldn't hurt right? Considering the fact that it is free and right in front of me it wouldn't be the death of me.

No, strictly business from now on.

"We have to keep up an act first," his smooth honey voice breaks me away from my thoughts on the dessert.

"What?" I ask incredulously.

"Ugh, do I really have to explain everything?" He asks really annoyed and slumps back into his chair.

"You said it, you explain it," I push and place my elbow onto the table while leaning forward.

"Has anyone told you that you are just a ray of sunshine?" He adds.

"Nope."

"I wonder why," he acts as though he is surprised and raises his shoulders before giving me a smirk. "You are just too easy to mess with Princess. There is so much that aggravates you."

"Or maybe you just aggravate me," I raise my eyebrows.

He smiles slightly and then brings his wine glass to his lips to take a sip. "We just have to play like we like each other for a while until we can get some real leads on The Lions to take them down and find out what Dimitri has been up to. That is your favorite isn't it? Go ahead and eat it, don't let me spoil your appetite," he trailed off as he gestured to the dessert.

I look down at the dessert and decide to take a few bites. It was even better than I would have imagined.

"And about the marriage part—yeah, not going to happen. We just have to play the part and drag this engagement out as long as possible, and as soon as The Lions are gone, so is the agreement and we will both walk away and never look back."

"Promise?" I asked innocently.

"Promise—there's no way I'd marry you," he rolled his eyes.

"Ouch, but I feel the same," I agreed.

"I, and by I, I mean Dante and Dimitri, will schedule dates for us so we can get to know each other better or whatever. We will have to keep the act up in front of our gangs, but otherwise behind doors, we go right back to being rivals," he explained casually.

I take a few more bites of my dessert and leave awkward silence again. The only noise is my silverware clinking against my plate, until my dessert is completely gone and I don't have an excuse not to speak to him anymore.

"I have a few more questions," I reveal while setting down my fork one last time.

"Hit me."

If you only knew how bad I wanted to.

Seeming to know what I was thinking he adds, "not literally Princess."

"Of course not literally because who wouldn't want to hit you," my sarcastic tone was rich.

He gives me a disapproving look and waits for me to say something more interesting.

"What happens to us after this meeting? And was there a point to this or was it just a date?"

"Let's get one thing straight Princess. There is no us and there never will be an us. I am doing this for my gang, as are you with your gang, and that is it. Don't let your feelings and my charming personality cloud your judgment," he rudely explains.

"Right, because who could resist your charms," my tone was sarcastic once again.

"You say that like it's a bad thing," he comments as I roll my eyes. "Do I annoy you Princess?"

"Only when you're breathing, really," I roll my eyes once again.

"The feeling is mutual," he rubs his chin for a moment but almost immediately starts talking again. "In reality, your father set this up as a date. Let's say, Clueless Rebecca, thinks this was an important meeting."

I scoffed as he said that but he only smiled and continued.

"Clueless Rebecca saw only one charming, handsome and irresistible young man here and caught feeling for him right away," he half sarcastically added as I rolled my eyes.

"Continue onto the more important information," I hurried as he mockingly smiled at me.

"We talked, and we hit it off very well. And because I—" he paused and smiled. "You wanna piss off Dante just a little bit?" He suddenly asked.

"Why would I want to do that?" I asked immediately as he raised his eyebrows at me.

"Because he's making you get married to me," he pointed out like it was obvious.

I thought about it for a moment and nodded my head in agreement.

"Tell Dante that I told you I wanted to see you again—soon. Because the others that were supposed to be here didn't show, we didn't get much done, we were too infatuated with each other. But business wise, you did secure some shares in my business chains. But really hit home on you wanting to see me again. That will really piss off Dante," Killian devilishly smiled. "Or you could tell him we fucked on the table and I rocked your world—"

"Okay! I'll just leave a few things out when I actually meet up with my family," I interrupt.

"Whatever," he looks at his watch. "We have thirty seconds before your bodyguard comes in here to end this meeting. Remember to be completely infatuated with me, and no matter what I do or say to you, do not pull away from me when there are eyes on us," he adds quickly as he reaches across the table for my hand and locks our fingers together into a comfortable position.

His hand is too big for my little one, resulting in his engulfing mine like an oversized sweater. Though I want to pull away, I do exactly as he instructed.

He looks at me with that signature smile once again, but this time I just look right through him, like he is a transparent figure.

When the thirty seconds were up, I hear the doors of the restaurant open and Tyson walks to my side.

Now I guess I can add psychic to the list of things Killian is—dick holding the number one spot.

"Miss. Vecellio, your father has requested I bring you home," his voice protective as he glances at Killian's hand.

Killian quickly lets go and looks away, playing the scene we are stuck in perfectly.

"Of course Tyson," my voice came out too happy—I wasn't playing my role very well.

Killian stands as well and then says, "please, allow me to escort you out."

He meets me around the table and offers his arm. I smile slightly, biting my lip to try and enhance the acting job, and take it.

We walk out of the restaurant with Tyson who is trailing a bit far from us.

Killian leans toward my ear while we are walking and he whispers, "don't overdo it Princess. We're keeping up an act, not trying to win an Oscar or attract too much attention."

I giggle at his comment and I feel his smile widen against my hair.

When we reach the exit, the cold night's air fills my lungs and it makes me shiver.

"Here amore," Killian takes off his jacket and puts it around my shoulders, "you're shivering."

His jacket smelled of peppermint and cigarettes which burned my nostrils slightly.

His hands lingered on my shoulders for a few seconds, but then he removed them and shook his head like he was lost in thought.

I take his hands in mine and then lean in to give him a soft peck on the cheek. As I pull back slightly I see that his cheeks turn pink.

"Who is easy to mess with now?" I whisper to him as he smiles.

I pull back all the way and begin to walk to the limo, but he grabs my arm and spins me back into his arms, our lips merely inches apart. He places a hand on my cheek and then leans in, closer to my lips.

I stand in awe, not sure if I should slap him or back away. I take in his breath that traces the plum-like aroma from the red wine, preparing myself for a kiss, only to have him dodge it at the last second and lean toward my ear.

He softly whispered, "still you Princess."

He swiftly twirls me out and kisses my hand before looking up and locking eyes with me, a wide grin plastered on his face.

I bite my lip to hide my annoyance with this man.

He's a dick, but I will admit, he's got some style.

I turn to Tyson where he is waiting with the limo door open. I look back at Killian just as I stop at the limo door and lock eyes with him once more. His silver ones yet again burn into my blue ones.

I snap my head back and enter the limo as Tyson proceeds to go to the driver's seat.

As we pull away from the restaurant, I look back at Killian who is still standing outside.

"Interesting night Rebecca?" Morgan says beside me and touches my shoulder, making me jump.

I look at him and then look back at the now non visible, Killian Black.

"You have no idea."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

139K 3.9K 45
When you are a member of the mafia family, you need to be strong, ruthless, and cunning. But when you are one of the heirs you need to be untouchable...
215K 5.7K 42
Diamond had a fucked up childhood which turned her into a thug. She starts falling for a boy but he doesn't know how fucked up she is and neither doe...
94.8K 3.6K 53
𝐂𝐨𝐥𝐭𝐨𝐧 𝐑𝐚𝐝𝐥𝐞𝐲 His world was turned upside down when his father disappeared and left him in charge of the family business. He adapted, wit...
162K 5.6K 110
Mia Albright can't remember anything before the age of four. No parents, no family, nothing. Living in a small town in Italy with her younger brother...