Obliviate My Rebellion {Book...

By xXFleurRebelleXx

{Book three in the obliviated series} Aurora Potter is in a dark place. She's being consumed by guilt over Ce... More

Obliviate My Rebellion {Sequel to Oblivate My Heart}
1. Hello, Mark
2. Let the flames begin
3. Guilt and Lacey's breakthrough
4. Tension in the headquarters
5. The Order's dinner
6. Partial answers and heart to hearts
Hiatus one-shot competition! UPDATE 13th May
7. Breakaway
Results for one-shot competition!
8. Rory's Diagnosis
9. Badges and Bad feelings
10. Back to Hogwarts
11. The sorting hat's new song
12. Joint breakdowns
13. Painful Detentions
14. Something to come back to
15. Bottles and fire conversations
16. The High Inquisitor Toad
17. The rebellion begins
18. The new educational degree
19. Dumbledore's Army
20. The King and the Idiot
21. Just crash and fall down
22. Hold on, hold onto me
23. Band shirts and mistletoe
24. The Promise
25. Christmas on the closed ward
Quick note (not a chapter sorry)
26. Occlumency
27. Valentine's Day mayhem
29. No Matter what
30. The Snitch (and not the quiddich one)
31. Ghost of You
32. Career Advice
33. Balance is restored
34. O.W.L.S
35. Out of the fire
36. Flight and fight
37. Piercing the veil
38. The only one he feared
39. The one to change the fate
40. Real to me
Epilogue~Look what you've done

28. The Quibbler Interview

11.7K 386 241
By xXFleurRebelleXx

Jia left soon after her deep proclamation to me, handing me a phone number and adress of where she was staying to give to Sam. I told her to keep her head up, and promised to try and convince Sam to see her.

I could see where Sam was coming from, but I could just see how genuine Jia was about how much she loved and cared for Sam. I didn't want Sam to live her life wondering what would happen if she had opened up to Jia.

Then I found Harry with Rita Skeeter, Hermione and Luna; catching the end of his interview. I did say to Rita Skeeter to put down that I could confirm Harry's story, as could Sam.

The weekend passed rather quickly, with Draco and I spending all of Sunday together--putting off homework to do so--and sitting next to each other in every lesson on Monday. Harry guessed we were back together, and simply rolled his eyes and once again told me not to kiss Draco in front of him.

"Right, so welcome back to the new Quidditch season!" Gennie announced that evening at Quidditch practice, clapping her hands together. "New players," she nodded to Jack Sloper, Ginny and Cole's substitue Andrew Kirke. "Welcome to Gryffindor. You can either listen to me, or get the hell out."

Gennie went through the team rules with the new players, and there seemed an odd feeling about the whole team now that Fred, George and Harry had been kicked off. It didn't seem right, and I yearned for the three of them to be back.

We went for practice in the cold and mud, and shivered through passes and strategies and Gennie's yelling when Ron didn't block the shots autmoatically. But at the end of practice I felt refreshed and calm, as Quidditch generally made me.

"So," I said to Gennie as I shook my damp hair out of my ponytail. "How was your weekend?"

Gennie flushed pink, and then grinned widely. "It was well, perfect to be honest." she smiled dreamily as she took off her quidditch boots. "Cole was so fasinated by the plane it was just adorable, and then Paris was so beautiful and sunny.... We went on all the rides, and saw the sights of Paris... I didn't want to come home to be perefectly honest."

"Why don't you guys move there?" I suggested. "You seem to be really happy, happier than usual."

Gennie's smile dropped and she sighed. "I'd like to... but with all that's happening none of us know if we'll make it through the next two years..." she smiled crookedly. "I don't want to plan out a future that won't happen."

"Well you know what?" I said, throwing my arm around Gennie. "The two of us could have died like a thousand times in the last few years, and we haven't! We're survivors!"

"Well you seem too perky," Gennie narrowed her eyes. "Either you took loads of your meds, or you had a lot of fun with your little boyfriend this weekend."

"Okay, so we might have got back together. It was all normal and cute." I said with a probably cheesy grin. "And okay, I might have taken a couple, but it's just to take the edge off sadness."

It was weird, now that my overall depression levels had gone down I didn't need to rely on the medication. But sometimes I would just feel so down and unable to go anywhere, and the medication would perk me up and just give the impression of happiness. Even an impression of happiness was nice on times.

We trudged back up to the hall for dinner, to find Ron already sitting with Harry and Hermione. Ginny sat next to them, feeling muddy and vaugley disgusting. I piled a bunch of food onto my plate, though I was feeling too tired to actually acknowledge what was going into my mouth.

 “--I’m just trying to make you see how she was feeling at the time.” Hermione said, before looking up and greeting us all.

“You should write a book,” Ron told Hermione as he cut up his potatoes, “translating mad things girls do so boys can understand them.” 

“Yeah,” said Harry fervently, looking over at the Ravenclaw table. Cho had just got up, and, still not looking at him, she left the Great Hall

"She'll come around eventually." I said, gently proding Harry's arm. "I could talk to her if you want. It might come across better now that she knows I'm your sister."

"Don't bother talking to her, she'll think I sent you." Harry sighed tiredly. "So, how was Quidditch practice?” 

“It was a nightmare,” said Ron in a surly voice. 

“Oh come on,” said Hermione, looking at Ginny, “I’m sure it wasn’t that -” 

“Yes, it was,” said Ginny. “It was appalling." she looked around, until she saw Gennie sat at the Hufflepuff table with Arthur and Sam. "Gennie was nearly in tears by the end of it. She hid it well though.” 

Ron and Ginny headed off for baths after dinner, while I opted for the dorm showers. Feeling cleaner in my pyjamas and glasses resting on my nose, I joined Harry and Hermione to do homework.

After going between attempting to sketch the Hogwarts symbol for half an hour (anything to put off Astronomy homework) Fred and George turned up. 

“Ron and Ginny not here?” asked Fred, looking around as he pulled up a chair, and when Harry shook his head, he said, “Good. We were watching their practice. They’re going to be slaughtered. They’re complete rubbish without us.” 

"I am here, you know." I said, waving at the two of them.

"Yeah, well you were great, always have been." George said dissmissivley, sitting next to me and flipping through my sketchbook. "But come on, Ginny's not that bad. Actually, I'm not sure how she's so good, we never let her play with us."

“She’s been breaking into your broom shed in the garden since the age of six and taking each of your brooms out in turn when you weren’t looking,” said Hermione from behind her tottering pile of Ancient Rune books. 

“Oh,” said George, looking mildly impressed. I took the oppurtunity to snatch my sketckbook back. “Well - that’d explain it.” 

"If if makes you feel any better, I didn't realise Lacey was pulling pages out of my books to roll a joint for over a year." I said to George, finally giving up on my failed drawing.

“Has Ron saved a goal yet?” asked Hermione, peering over the top of Magical Hieroglyphs and Logograms. 

“Well, he can do it if he doesn’t think anyone’s watching him,” said Fred, rolling his eyes. “So all we have to do is ask the crowd to turn their backs and talk among themselves every time the Quaffle goes up his end on Saturday.” 

 He got up again and moved restlessly to the window, staring out across the dark grounds. “You know, Quidditch was about the only thing in this place worth staying for.” 

Hermione cast him a stern look. “You’ve got exams coming!” 

“Told you already, we’re not fussed about NEWTs,” said Fred. “The Snackboxes are ready to roll, we found out how to get rid of those boils, just a couple of drops of Murtlap essence sorts them, Lee put us on to it.” 

"I could be doing loads of stuff right now." George yawned, flopping his head against the sofa. "I could be catching up with Lacey."

"Sleeping with her more like." Fred muttered under his breath, and George whacked him across the head.

"Talking, Fred, talking." he scowled. "And watching Disney films with Hollie and flat hunting... God I want to go now."

"Awh, you and Lacey are so cute." I grinned. "When's the wedding?"

"Why does everyone keep asking this?" George demanded. "We aren't settling down any time soon!"

"You already have," Fred rolled his eyes. "You guys might as well have a kid and a set of golf clubs."

"Shut up, I'll never play golf." George rolled his eyes. “I dunno if I even want to watch this match. If Zacharias Smith beats us I might have to kill myself.” 

“Kill him, more like,” said Fred firmly. 

"And kill Sam, who'll rub it in our faces for weeks on end." I added.

“That’s the trouble with Quidditch,” said Hermione absent-mindedly, once again bent over her Runes translation, “it creates all this bad feeling and tension between the houses.” 

We all stared at her. She looked up, startled to see our expressions. “Well, it does!” she said impatiently. “It’s only a game, isn’t it?” 

“Hermione,” said Harry, shaking his head, “you’re good on feelings and stuff, but you just don’t understand about Quidditch.” 

“Maybe not,” she said darkly, returning to her translation, “but at least my happiness doesn’t depend on Ron’s goalkeeping ability.” 

I was very glad my happiness depended on my brain and medication after the match Saturday. The only thing I could say about it was that it was short.

I couldn't decide which part was the worst. It was a toss-up between Ron's fourteenth failed save, Sloper hitting me in the mouth instead of a Bludger, or Kirke shreiking as he fell off his broom backwards as Zacahrias Smith flew at him.

The miracle was that Gryffindor only lost by ten points: Ginny managed to snatch the Snitch from right under Hufflepuff Seeker Summerby’s nose, so that the final score was two hundred and forty versus two hundred and thirty. 

“Good catch,” Harry told Ginny back in the common room, where the atmosphere resembled that of a particularly dismal funeral. I'd seen him watching the match, and I'd felt so bad I'd almost dropped the quaffle.

“I was lucky,” she shrugged. “It wasn’t a very fast Snitch and Summerby’s got a cold, he sneezed and closed his eyes at exactly the wrong moment. Anyway, once you’re back on the team -”

“Ginny, I’ve got a lifelong ban.” 

“You’re banned as long as Umbridge is in the school,” Ginny corrected him. “There’s a difference--"

"Yeah, I mean have you seen the teacher's track record?" I snorted. "I've only been here three years, but I know it well enough to know something nasty is going to happen to Umbridge. I can't wait."

Ginny rolled her eyes. "Anyway, once you’re back, I think I’ll try out for Chaser. Katie is leaving next year and I prefer goal-scoring to Seeking anyway.” 

"We'd be pleased to have you in our ranks." I grinned. Ginny was an amazing chaser, and now that her and Gennie were somewhat friends I supposed we'd work as a good team.

Harry looked over at Ron, who was hunched in a corner, staring at his knees, a bottle of Butterbeer clutched in his hand. 

“Gennie still won’t let him resign,” Ginny said, as though reading Harry’s mind. “She says she knows he’s got it in him.” 

I was happy at Gennie's loyalty towards Ron, but it might be kinder to let him go. Fred and George wandered over, looking dismal.

“I haven’t even got the heart to take the mickey out of him,” said Fred, looking over at Ron’s crumpled figure. “Mind you… when he missed the fourteenth -”  He made wild motions with his arms as though doing an upright doggy-paddle. “- well, I’ll save it for parties, eh?”

 We all headed up to the dorms after a bit, and I was lounging on my bed with my pencil scribbling furiously on my sketckpad, when the door flew open. I looked up, to see Sam sauntering in.

Her expression was very impassive, though her hands were curled into fists and one side of her face was throbbing red. I sat up, the sketchkpad forgotten. "Sam? What's wrong?"

She said nothing, and sat on the edge of Gennie's bed motionless. Hermione, Gennie and I exchanged a glance with each other.

"Um, we'll just go..." Parvati said awkwardly, and she dragged Lavender and Faye out of the dorm, both of who were gawping at Sam.

"I'll get some ice from the bathroom." Hermione said, and she disapeared.

Moments passed, and Sam sat in silence, motionless and angry at the same time. Gennie and I exchanged a glance which basically said: 'What the hell happened to her?'  "Here," Hermione said, holding out an ice pack.

Sam pressed it to her cheek, and winced for a second. There was a lost and nostalgic look on her face that I couldn't place. "So what happened?" Hermione asked. "Are you okay?"

"She promised." Sam whispered, so quietly I had to strain to hear her. "She promised that she would never be like him. But she lied."

"Who, Jia?" I raised an eyebrow, anticipation rising for what Sam was going to say.

"No you idiot, Mira." Sam snapped, and her eyes clenched shut. "She hit me."

The three of us instantly speaking at once, and trying to comfort Sam, who still sat there motionless the only change being that her eyes began to fill with tears.

"Where is she?" I asked, flipping around and expecting to see Mira burst through the dormitry window.

"Why do you care?" Sam said flatly.

"I want to hit her in the face, see how she likes it!" I said hotly.

"Well like when Cameron did it, Mira had a reason." Sam chuckled darkly, tears starting to come down her cheeks. She didn't push them away, she just blankly stared ahead of her. "Of course, it's always because I screw up."

"Why did she do it?" Gennie asked, her voice softer and more sympathetic than I would have excpected.

"She was getting paranoid after the letter from Jia came." Sam began, her voice still that same emotionless, flat tone. "And we almost broke up, but we didn't. And then on Valentine's day, she saw me kiss Jia.... And I decided to see Jia earlier, see what she wanted--"

"So that's why you weren't at the Quidditch match!" Hermione exclaimed. "Sorry."

"--And well Mira assumed where I'd gone, and then she said some nasty things, and I said some real shitty things, so she just hit me. I walked out, came here. Simple."

"Come here," Gennie said, and she pulled Sam to her side, even though Sam was reluctant. "You deserve so much more than this shit, okay? If the people you're with think it's okay to hit you, you don't need them. They are just some word which begins with a c, okay? They are awful people, and you only need good people in your life, who won't hurt you. Otherwise, you're just not living."

"That was beautiful, Genesis, wow." Sam drawled.

"Shut up you noob, I'm attempting to comfort you here." Gennie said, attempting to smile at Sam.

"We'll make sure you're away from Mira, that cow!" Hermione said, and we all looked at her. "What? She is."

"You can stay here tonight if you want." I said, patting Sam's shoulder awkwardly. "You can borrow one of our tops to sleep in or something."

"I kinda intended on staying on a sofa if you said no..." Sam said sheepishly. "It's just... I finally got away from Cameron. I finally had a happy, healthy relationship with somebody. She promised to be different. But then they went and did exactly what I feared..."

"Yeah, well you know what? You don't deserve her." I said softly. "Find somebody who treats you right. Not somebody who lies to you."

Sam nodded, still looking a bit vacant.

"You can have my bed if you want." Gennie offered. "Rory and I shared all summer, so she won't mind, right?"

I nodded, and Gennie got to her feet and dug around in her drawers. "I've got one of Cole's tops here, you can wear that if you want."

She tossed it to Sam, who caught it and hugged it to her chest. She headed off in the direction of the bathroom, but paused by the door. "Just um... Thanks guys. I've never had friends who cared that much." she paused. "Female friends. Cole has never let me down, but the girls I've known in my life.. They've been pretty shit."

"Well you're stuck with us now." I said. "No escape."

"The horror." Sam said, a small smile playing on her lips.

As soon as the bathroom door shut, the three of us grouped together. "I just don't understand it..." I shook my head. "Mira Dawson, violent? She looked like she wouldn't hurt a fly."

"Yeah, she wouldn't even cut up a fly in potions before, Sam told me." Gennie said, a frown on her face. "She doesn't look the type to be jealous and violent."

"It's the people you don't suspect you have to watch out for." Hermione said darkly, as the bathroom door clicked open, and Sam appeared.

She looked weighed down in Cole's Iron Maiden top, looking smaller than usual. With a make-up free face, bitten nails, puffy eyes and red cheek she looked so vulnerable it was scary. She folded her arms over her chest and gave a reluctant smile.

"I don't know why she changed, either." she said softly. "She was such a good person..."

The four of us sat up talking about anything and everything for a few hours, until the sound of feet alerted us to the other girls coming up to bed. Gennie and I clambered into my bed, leaving Sam alone in Gennie's.

As she pulled the covers over her, I caught a glimpse of the black skull on her forearm. She caught me staring, and smiled wistfully. "Ugly, isn't it?"

I couldn't think of anything to say. "It's alright, I know it makes people uncomfortable. It makes me damn uncomfortable most of the time." Sam said. "Night."

The other girls milled around in the dorm, not questioning why Sam was there. The lights soon went out, and it was dim and silent in the dorm. Gennie soon fell asleep, her head squidged against my shoulder, snoring lightly.

I fell into a restless sleep, but everytime I woke up, I heard distant sobs coming from Sam's bed.

* * * * 

We headed into the hall the next morning, with Sam practically stapled to our sides. Mira tried to come up to her, but after I threatened to 'take it outside' if she came over (I had no idea what that meant, but I'd always wanted to say it) and somehow that made her sit down.

The six of us sat down, all eagerly awaiting the paper, for news on the escaped prisoners. Nearly all of them  had been sighted, apart from Cameron and Bellatrix Lestrange. Gennie tried to take this as a positive thing, but Sam chuckled saying 'The two big bads are waiting for the pieces to fall into place first, trust me'.

Luckily Gennie lightly whacked her, saying for her to stop being a pessimistic. I wanted to face the reality of Cameron possibly coming for us, but it made me go cold everytime. All the havoc and destruction he'd wrecked already...

An owl suddenly flew down to Harry, almost knocking the toast from my hand. “Who’re you after?” he asked, looking at the parchment.

"Did you really save the world like three times?" Sam snapped. "It's you, idiot."

Harry looked sheepish. "Oh."

Frowning, he made to take the letter from the owl, but before he could do so, three, four, five more owls had fluttered down beside it.

"Jesus Christ, tell Cho to hold off the love letters." Gennie shook her head furiously as an owl sat on top of her head, claws digging onto the roots of her hair.

“What’s going on?” Ron asked in amazement, as the whole of Gryffindor table leaned forwards to watch and another seven owls landed amongst the first ones, screeching, hooting and flapping their wings. 

“Harry!” said Hermione breathlessly, plunging her hands into the feathery mass and pulling out a screech owl bearing a long, cylindrical package. “I think I know what this means - open this one first!” 

As Hedwig flew towards me with an objcect in her mouth, I finally understood. My subcription for the Quibbler was arriving, which meant Harry's interview was in there.

I ripped off the brown packaging after giving Hedwig a treat. Out rolled a tightly furled copy of the March edition of The Quibbler. He unrolled it to see my brother's face grinning sheepishly at me from the front cover. In large red letters across this picture were the words: 

SPEAKS OUT AT LAST: THE TRUTH ABOUT HE-WHO-MUST-NOT-BE-NAMED AND THE NIGHT I SAW HIM RETURN 

“It’s good, isn’t it?” said Luna, who had drifted o ver to the Gryffindor table and now squeezed herself on to the bench between Gennie and I. “It came out yesterday, I asked Dad to send you a free copy. I expect all these,” she waved a hand at the assembled owls still scrabbling around on the table in front of Harry, “are letters from readers.” 

“That’s what I thought,” said Hermione eagerly. “Harry, d’you mind if we -?” 

 “Help yourself,” said Harry, looking slightly bemused. Sam skimmed through the article and frowned. "What's up, Sam?"

"Why didn't you name me as a death eater?" Sam asked. "You named everybody else who was there that night, but not me."

Harry flushed a bit. "Well you're not a death eater now, are you?"

Sam ducked her head down. "You guys have gotta stop being so kind to me. It's making me cry everywhere."

Harry awkwardly patted Sam on the back and then cleared his throat. "Well you've done good things, which kinda outweigh the bad things, and that's what matters to us."

"Right, well let's not get sappy." Sam said, raising her head and shaking Harry off. "I'm meant to be the badass former death eater, and you're meant to be the hero here."

We all started ripping open envelopes quite eagerly. I found several wondering why I hadn't been interviewed, and a couple saying that they finally believed I was Harry's sister.

"Why are half of these mentioning me?" I asked Harry, waving a handful of letters around.

"Hermione thought to kill two birds with one stone, make people believe who you are as well." Harry shrugged. "I guess I was convincing."

“This one’s from a bloke who thinks you’re off your rocker,” said Ron, glancing down his letter. “Ah well…” 

“This woman recommends you try a good course of Shock Spells at St. Mungo’s,” said Gennie, an ugly scowl on her face. "Moron.

“This one looks okay, though,” said Harry slowly, scanning a long letter from a witch in Paisley. “Hey, she says she believes me!” 

 "Another one who thinks you're barking," said Ron, throwing a crumpled letter over his shoulder ". . . but this one says you've got her converted and she now thinks you're a real hero - she's put in a photograph, too - wow!"

  "Let me see!" Sam exclaimed, and tugged the photo from Ron. She raised an eyebrow, before nodding in approval. "Hot."

  "What is going on here?" said a falsely sweet, girlish voice

Umbridge was standing behind Fred and Ron, her bulging toad's eyes scanning the mess of owls and letters on the table in front of Harry. Behind her I saw many of the students watching them avidly.

 "Why have you got all these letters, Mr Potter?" she asked slowly.

 "Is that a crime now?" said Fred loudly. "Getting mail?"

  "Be careful, Mr Weasley or I shall have to put you in detention," said Umbridge. "Well, Mr Potter?"

 "People have written to me because I gave an interview," said Harry. "About what happened to my sister and I last June."

  "An interview?" repeated Umbridge, her voice thinner and higher than ever. "What do you mean?"    

"He means a reporter asked him questions and he answered them," I said. "Here - "

I threw the copy of The Quibbler to her. She caught it and stared down at the cover. Her pale, doughy face turned an ugly, patchy violet.

 "When did you do this?" she asked, her voice trembling slightly.

 "Last Hogsmeade weekend," said Harry casually.

 She looked up at him angrily, the magazine shaking in her stubby fingers.

"There will be no more Hogsmeade trips for you, Mr Potter," she whispered. "How you dare . . . how you could . . ." She took a deep breath. "I have tried again and again to teach you not to tell lies. The message, apparently, has still not sunk in. Fifty points from Gryffindor and another week's worth of detentions."

She stalked away, clutching The Quibbler to her chest, the eyes of many students following her.     By mid-morning enormous signs had been put up all over the school, not just on house noticeboards, but in the corridors and classrooms too.

BY ORDER OF THE HIGH INQUISITOR OF HOGWARTS

Any student found in possession of the magazine The Quibbler will be expelled. The above is in accordance with Educational Decree Number Twenty-seven.

Signed: Dolores Jane Umbridge, High Inquisitor  

"Forget fighting people or illegal shit," Gennie muttered. "Reading a magazine can get you expelled."

"Cole would be thrown out on his first day of Durmstrang then." Sam said thoughtfully as we headed to herbology. "He was always reading manga and comic books in potions."

Every time Hermione caught sight of one of these signs she beamed with pleasure.

"What exactly are you so happy about?" Harry asked her.

"Oh, Harry, don't you see?" Hermione breathed. "If she could have done one thing to make absolutely sure that every single person in this school will read your interview, it was banning it!"

  And it seemed that Hermione was right, as always. By the end of the day, though I hadn't seen so much as a corner of The Quibbler anywhere in the school, the whole place seemed to be quoting the interview to each other.

 I heard them whispering about it as they queued up outside classes, discussing it over lunch and in the back of lessons, while Hermione even reported that every occupant of the cubicles in the girls' toilets had been talking about it when she nipped in there before Ancient Runes.

"Then they spotted me, and obviously they know I know you, so they bombarded me with questions," Hermione told Harry, her eyes shining, "and Harry, I think they believe you, I really do. I think you've finally got them convinced!"

Meanwhile, Umbridge was stalking the school, stopping students at random and demanding that they turn out their books and pockets: I knew she was looking for copies of The Quibbler, but the students were several steps ahead of her.

Alia and Colin had both been teaching people how to be-witch the articles into obscure text books, and the results were obvious. In fact, I found Alia in the common room putting the interview into several people's notebooks, charging money for each one.

"You seem to have a sweat shop going on here." I said to Alia as I sat on the edge of the sofa as she counted the money. "What does Colin think about it?"

"I wouldn't know, we haven't had an un-awkward conversation in weeks." Alia said, and I gaped at her. "What? We broke up, because things were getting awkward. We were pretty much just friends who kissed. It wasn't a relationship or anything. I mean come on, it's not like I loved him or anything."

I looked in Colin's direction, to see that he was staring at Alia, quite dejected. He noticed me staring and dropped his head. From the look on his face, the decision was hardly mutual.

The teachers had seemed to have read the article as well. One stupid decree stopped them talking about it, but they expressed themselves anyway.

Sprout awarded Gryffindor twenty points when Harry passed her a watering can and Professor Trelawney broke into hysterical sobs during Divination and announced to the startled class, and a very disapproving Umbridge, that Harry was not going to suffer an early death after all, but would live to a ripe old age, become Minister for Magic and have twelve children.

Harry didn't seem to appreciate it when I coughed loudly 'Cho's children'.

The best news was that Luna told me over dinner that no issue of The Quibbler had ever sold out faster.

"Dad's reprinting!" she told me, her eyes popping excitedly. "He can't believe it, he says people seem even more interested in this than the Crumple-Horned Snorkacks!"

Harry was a hero in the Gryffindor common room that night. Daringly, Fred and George had put an Enlargement Charm on the front cover of The Quibbler and hung it on the wall, so that Harry's giant head gazed down upon the proceedings, occasionally saying things like THE MINISTRY ARE MORONS' and 'EAT DUNG, UMBRIDGE' in a booming voice.

After a while though, this got so irritating I headed to bed earlier with a headache starting. After sorting my memories out with shaking hands, I slumped on my bed almost squishing my glasses.  

Flashes came in my dreams.

A dark room, people stood in front of someone on a chair. I was whispering that I didn't blame someone. Something was in a department of the ministry... A weedy man with dead eyes and a bald head was fetching somebody, somebody who was going to be punished....

The light hit the open door, and I saw who it was. It was none other than Mark Oswin.

 "NO!" somebody yelled, and I jerked awake

"Rory!" Hermione was in front of me, shaking me. "Stop struggling, I can help you then!"

I was tangled up in my sheets, and my forehead and cheeks were damp with tears and sweat, my scar throbbing. I lay there shaking as Hermione took the sheets from around me. Then she climbed onto the bed, putting an arm around me.

"I thought you weren't having nightmares anymore, because of occlumency." Hermione said quietly.    

"-Mark." I spat, my voice shaking.  

Hermione's eyes widened. "You saw him?"

 I nodded. "He was getting somebody for Voldemort to punish."        

 "You have to tell Dumbledore about this." Hermione said worriedly. "This shouldn't been happening."

"I suppose I'll have to work harder this time then." I said, shaking Hermione off lightly. "Let me sleep it off, I'll talk to somebody tomorrow."

Hermione nodded, but still sounded worried. I crawled back into bed, shoving my head under the pillow in a lame attempt to shut out the nightmares.

But the rest of the night, I was haunted once more by Mark's face and Jenna's dead eyes.

 - - - - - - - - - - 

A/N *NOT EDITED*

This chapter was going to be longer, but I really felt like I should give you guys something after almost two weeks.

I've been so busy with school it's unbelievable, they seem to want to give me masses of homework now. Plus I applied for a job today which was terrifying just applying somewhere.

Even though I'm v.busy I will update whenever I can, because I'm so darn excited for the next two books which I've planned out.

If you are curious to why Mira suddenly turned against Sam, there will be a valid explanation, I'm not just randomly making her have abusive qualties.

So hope you guys enjoyed the chapter, sorry not much actually happened.

P.s If your very observant, you'll notice a theme that's been happening recently in the book

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

306K 6.3K 34
Kelsey Tanner is the girl behind the camera of the famous vlogger, Noah Faith Lakeheart. Kelsey and Noah head to Vidcon like all YouTubers and bump i...
176K 3.5K 44
Everyone knows who Finnick Odair is; youngest ever victor in the infamous Hunger Games, irresistible heartthrob from District 4, ally to Katniss and...
7.5K 354 19
You're fifteen years old, but you've been isolated for as long as you can remember. Even when you weren't alone physically, you sure were socially. ...
588K 13.2K 40
In wich a one night stand turns out to be a lot more than that.