34. O.W.L.S

The euphoric happiness of winning the cup lasted well into the next day, especially with Ron. All he wanted to talk about was the match, and Cole wouldn't shut up about it either. Nobody really minded Cole talking so much, as we'd all missed him so much.

The six of us decided to do homework out under the tree--though three of us were only attempting to do homwork. Cole and Gennie kept giggling and kissing each other, which was honestly cute as hell. Ron was discussing the match again, and I was certain the match would be in my dreams at some point.

"--I had a funny feeling that he was feinting, and so I took the chance and flew left - his right, I mean - and - well - you saw what happened,” he concluded modestly, sweeping his hair back quite unnecessarily so that it looked interestingly windswept and glancing around to see whether the people nearest to them — a bunch of gossiping third-year Hufflepuffs — had heard him. “And then, when Chambers came at me about five minutes later - What?” Ron asked, seeing that I was grinning. "Why are you grinning?"

"She's not." Harry said quickly, and I noticed a grin was on his face as well. He was thinking the same thing as me--that Ron was reminding us of another Gryffindor player who messed with his hair under the same tree. "Just glad we won."

“Yeah,” said Ron slowly, savoring the words, “we won. Did you see the look on Chang's face when Ginny got the Snitch right out from under her nose?” 

“I suppose she cried, did she?” said Harry bitterly. 

“Well, yeah - more out of temper than anything, though…” Cole frowned, stopping randomly playing with a strand of Gennie's hair.“But you saw her chuck her broom away when she got back to the ground, didn’t you?” 

“Er -” said Harry. 

"Well actually, no." Hermione said quietly, as we all looked at her. “As a matter of fact, the only bit of the match Harry and I saw was Davies’s first goal.” 

"Thanks for all the support guys, really." Gennie said. "My last match as captain and you guys leave... Great."

“You didn’t watch?” Ron said faintly, looking from one to the other. “You didn’t see me make any of those saves?”

“Well - no,” said Hermione, stretching out a placatory hand towards him. “But Ron, we didn’t want to leave — we had to!” 

“Yeah?” said Ron, whose face was growing rather red. “How come?” 

“It was Hagrid,” said Harry. “He decided to tell us why he’s been covered in injuries ever since he got back from the giants. He wanted us to go into the Forest with him, we had no choice, you know how he gets. Anyway…” 

Harry explained about how Hagrid had decided to hide his giant half-brother in the woods. I wasn't that surprised, it wasn't the strangest thing Hagrid had ever done.

“He brought a giant back and hid it in the Forest?” Cole asked slowly. "Am I hearing this right, or did I take the wrong meds this morning?"

“You're hearing it right." Harry responded grimly.

“No,” said Ron, as though by saying this he could make it untrue. “No, he can’t have.” 

"Well he has," Hermione said. "Grawp's sixteen feet tall and knows me as Hermy."

"And Hagrid wants us to teach him English?" I raised an eyebrow. "Okay, I think Cole's right, somebody has been messing with our meds..."

"Well that's alright, Sam knows giant she can do all of that..." Cole trailed off. "What? She thought it might come in  handy, and I think it is now."