13. Painful Detentions

Dinner wasn't the best. I woke up Cole in time for dinner, and then we had to go through dinner with splitting headaches and mild hangovers. I think Gennie knew why we kept drinking coffee, but she didn't say anything to it.

Hermione started shouting at the four of us for walking out, but you could tell that the four of us didn't really care. On the brighter side, everybody seemed to unanimously hate Umbridge.

Hermione, Ron and Harry left dinner early, because everybody was whispering about Harry. The three of us stayed however, not wanting to show we were bothered.

"Hey, you!" somebody shouted across the hall.

"I do have a name." I called back, going back to my food.

"But we don't know it! Are you an Oswin, or are you so delusional you believe you're a Potter?"

"Harry told her that so she wouldn't keep simpering after her!" A girl chimed in.

"Oh for heaven's sake!" Gennie shouted. "How many of you in the school freaking ship incest?"

"Maybe they're all part Egyptian." Cole said, looking less blood-shot than earlier. "They married brothers and sisters."

"Oh shut up Wilde, I bet you told Alia she was your sister just to stop her flirting with you!" Ths same person shouted back.

"Did I ask for your freaking opinion?" Cole shouted. "Hell no! And that's my kid sister your talking about, so shut the hell up!"

Gennie put a hand on Cole's arm. "Just ignore them. Come on, let's get out of here."

So the three of us headed out of the hall, leaving behind the narrow-minded people. "We should just forget about all this, and get on with our homework." Gennie said firmly as we headed up to the tower.

"Oh gosh, it's going to be like this all year." Cole said, putting an arm around Gennie. "Isn't it?"

"Well if you want to get into healer school, you'll need the grades." Gennie said firmly. "Plus we can have study dates in the library."

"God I love you." Cole said, giving Gennie a quick kiss on the cheek. She looked surprised, and I remembered her telling me her fears about Cole not caring.

"What was that for?" she asked.

"I don't say it enough." Cole said. "But you, Genesis Lupin, are magnificent."

"You idiot," Gennie said fondly. "I love you too."

They started kissing in the corridor, and I patiently waited for them to finish. "God you guys are cute--however I would like to get to the tower without stopping every few seconds for make-out sessions."

"If make-out sessions are want you want, I'm up for a three-way." Cole said casually, and Gennie hit him hard on the chest. "What? Don't all the cool couples do it?"

"No, all the boys wanting to live out fantasies do it." I rolled my eyes. "Now come on, before we throw you down the staircase."

* * * 

The next day dawned, and by catching up on my dosages, I felt almost calm and serene. Madam Pomfrey had given me a stronger dosage this morning, saying that I must have missed a dose, as not much effect had been given.

I passed Lavender on the stairs, and she opened her mouth as if to say something. But as I gave her a dazzling fake smile, she hurried off.

We sat down at the table, to be given great news from Ron. “On the plus side, no Snape today."

Hermione yawned widely and poured herself some coffee. She looked mildly pleased about something, and when Ron asked her what she had to be so happy about, she simply said, “The hats have gone. Seems the house-elves do want freedom after all.”