The Stepbrother (UPDATED)

By emopastelgirl

This story has been edited and updated! Please Read: WARNING! (R+18) This contains mature content and trigger... More

Author's Note
Please Read: Updated Author's Note
Oct 2022: Updated Author's Note
March 2023 Author's Note/Announcements and Other Stuff
🔪Prologue (UPDATED)
🔪Chapter 1: Aurora (UPDATED)
🔪Chapter 2: Proposal (UPDATED)
🔪Chapter 3: Dinner (UPDATED)
🔪Chapter 4: Wedding Dresses (UPDATED)
🔪Chapter 5: The Big Day (UPDATED)
🔪Chapter 6: Music Box (UPDATED)
🔪Chapter 7: Mr. Davies and Black Mailing (UPDATED)
🔪Chapter 8: Creeping (UPDATED)
🔪Chapter 9: The Night Her World Turned Black and White (UPDATED)
🔪Chapter 10: The Morning After (UPDATED)
🔪 Chapter 11: Warning (UPDATED)
🔪Chapter 13: Followed (UPDATED)
🔪 Chapter 14: First Target (UPDATED)
🔪Chapter 15: Better Lock Your Doors At Night
🔪 Chapter 16 Part 1: Halloween Party (UPDATED)
🔪 Chapter 16 Part 2: Halloween Party (UPDATED)
🔪 Chapter 16 Part 3: Halloween Party (UPDATED)
🔪 Chapter 17: The Attic (UPDATED)
🔪 Chapter 18: Hello... Brother (UPDATED)
🔪 Chapter 19: Positive Result (UPDATED)
🔪 Chapter 20: Scars, Wounds, Lies, and Cameras (UPDATED)
🔪 Chapter 21: Realizations (UPDATED)
July 2023 Author's Note
🔪 Chapter 22: Sleepover Gone Wrong (UPDATED)
🔪 Chapter 23: Hospitalized (UPDATED)
🔪 Chapter 24: Runaway (UPDATED)
🔪 Chapter 25: Enough (UPDATED)
Might put this story ON HOLD or even DISCONTINUE this story and other stuff...
🔪 Chapter 26: Guts and Scissors (UPDATED)
Announcement
🔪 Chapter 27: Unraveled Past (UPDATED)
🔪 Chapter 28: The Talk (UPDATED)
🔪 Chapter 29: Revealing the Truth (UPDATED)
Thank you for 100k!
Author's Note
🔪 Chapter 30: Poison (UPDATED)
taking a break from wattpad
🔪 Chapter 31: Eenie Meenie Miney Moe, Catch A Lady By Her Toe (UPDATED)
🔪Chapter 32: If She Screams, Don't Let Her Go (UPDATED)
🔪 Chapter 33: Tag You're It, Now Let's Play Hide And Seek (UPDATED)
🔪 Chapter 34: Clock's Ticking, Your Time Is Up (UPDATED)
🔪 Chapter 35: Everybody is a Fool (UPDATED)
🔪 QnA!
Sequel Teaser!
🎉Thank you for 300k and 7k votes!!!
Prequel + Heavy Editing
If this story will turn into a movie...
hear me out: who would play as the characters in this story?
FINALLY! EDITING AND UPDATING DONE!

🔪Chapter 12: Mouth Full of Lies (UPDATED)

25.8K 558 38
By emopastelgirl

Edited on: 09/21/2021

Updated on: 02/27/2023

Please Read! Trigger Warning: Themes of Sexual Trauma

This chapter contains trigger warnings and themes of sexual trauma that may be upsetting for some readers. Please proceed at your own risk or you can skip to the next chapter.

Aurora's POV

I feel like I'm trapped and there's no end to this. He's been doing this almost every night while everyone is asleep. And now, he's doing it again. I let out small groans through my clenched teeth. He licks my neck as I flinch in disgust then he sits down on the edge of the bed. I was just laying there on my side, shaking and tears slowly flowing down my cheeks as he plays with my hair a bit.

"Aww, don't look so sad. I'll continue doing that sooner or later. Maybe tomorrow night." He said and I can tell that he was smirking from the corner of my eye.

'Fuck you.' I thought to myself though I wish to say that to his face. But then again, he would do it again and again.

"Your Mom and my Dad will be here to pick us up soon. Get yourself clean up, get some rest, and pretend that everything is normal as soon as you wake up." He said before placing a kiss on my cold cheek and leaving the room.

I rub my eyes and wipe away the tears. I let out a shaky sigh and I force myself to get off the bed, ignoring all of the pain in my body, grab my phone and slowly walk over to the bathroom.

I turn on the lights and look at myself in the mirror. God, I look more awful every time he did this to me. 

Cold skin, seemingly dry lips, messed up hair, and dark purple bruises all over my neck and collarbone. My cheeks are stained and wet from my tears. I can feel them drying up.

I turn on my phone and check the time. It's 3:30 in the morning and our parents will be back in a few hours. I grab a towel, take my clothes off and step into the shower.

__

I dry my hair and comb it until every tangled knot is fixed and straight. I walk out of the bathroom with my phone in my hand and I pick out my clothes from my bag. Thank god that winter is coming soon and currently it's fall season which is perfect timing for me to wear turtlenecks, long sleeves, and scarves. I put on a grey turtle neck sweater as the softness of its fabric embraces my bruised and pale upper body and covers up the bruises on my neck and on my collarbone. Then I put on black pants to make me feel a little bit safe and keep my once cold legs warm.

I check the time on my digital clock and it's currently 4:19. I am so tired.

'RING RING'

My phone rang on the top of the drawer and I walk over to pick it up. It's Mom. I hesitate at first but I just answer the phone.

"Hello?"

"Hey honey, did I wake you?" I can feel a lump in my throat after hearing my Mom's gentle voice once again as if it felt like years or even ages.

"H-hi, Mom. I just woke up. How are you?"

"I'm fine, we're coming home but our flight got delayed so we'll fetch you a bit later than sooner. How's everything with your grandparents? Did you guys get along well?"

"Yeah, they're nice and we get along just fine."

"What about Toby? Is he still asleep?" 

"Yeah, he's in the other guest room and he's behaving really well."

"Okay, what about Steven? Did you get along with him?"

 I thought I would say no and be honest with her but I have to lie at some point even though I will feel more guilt in myself.

"Um... we're okay."

Lies.

Lies.

Lies.

One lie leads to another lie and another before you know it you'll be telling a lot of lies on a regular basis and that's what makes you a big, fat liar and you carry a bag of nothing but lies, hiding away from the truth though you can't run away from it. Does that make me a liar? It seems like it.

"That's good. Anyways, I gotta go. We're gonna board the plane right now. We'll see you guys soon, okay?"

"Okay."

"Okay, I love you, can't wait to see you guys again."

"Love you too, Mom. Have a safe flight."

I hang up the phone and let out a sigh. Steven made me do this and this makes me angrier, not only of him but also angry with myself. 

I am both the 'victim' and the 'guilty one'

It's my fault that I let him take my innocence away even though it was my right to stop him but I was so weak and scared. 

However, I lied to protect my family and friends from Steven.

I put my phone away and drag myself to the bed and I can feel myself drifting away.

___

 I slowly open my eyes and I grab my phone to check the time.

7:30 am.

I get off the bed and I spotted a tray on my table. I walk towards it and grab the note beside the tray.

Grandma Abigail must have prepared this for me and I overslept.

I put the note away and sit down. I haven't been eating much cause I still feel sick after all of those nights. This time, I'll try to eat something and not put this to waste.

"It's a shame that they're coming back." I averted my gaze and I saw Steven leaning against the door frame.

Then he starts walking towards me and I just look away. One of my hands starts to shake.

"But I enjoyed two weeks of alone time with you while it lasted." He chuckled as his hands slowly trail to my covered neck and squeeze it, trying to choke me, and I can feel his breathing against my ear.

"And remember to keep our little secret." He whispered as I can feel chills going down my spine. He places a kiss on top of my head and lets go of my neck as I breathe in and out then he leaves the room.

I lost my appetite.

I'll try to eat it later, even though it's gonna be colder.

I'm gonna have to start packing up. I don't wanna be in here any longer.

I hope Mom and Mr. Anderson will be here soon.

___

Many hours have passed and I get to eat at least half of the food. When I took it downstairs, Grandma Abigail happened to be in the kitchen. She was concerned about me and was wondering what was taking me so long to eat the food she made this morning.

I told her that I overslept because of the cold weather and reassured her that I'm okay.

Lying again.

She told me that she got a call from Mr. Anderson and said that they'll be here after lunch time around 1 in the afternoon. She said that she's gonna miss us and she enjoyed spending quality time with us.

I smiled and told her that I feel the same.

She suggested that we should cook together. Then we'll have one last meal before our leave.

Right now, we just finished making lunch and we're currently waiting for Grandpa Walter, Toby, and... Steven in the dining room.

"Did you enjoy your time here, Aurora?" Grandma Abigail asked.

'Not really. Because of him. Stop lying.'

"Yeah, I'm glad I get to know and spend some time with you as my new grandparents," I replied.

"You are such a lovely girl, Aurora. Your Mother is very lucky to have a daughter like you - Sweet, responsible, and polite. Unlike Steven, who doesn't talk much and would reply back bluntly and can be irresponsible, especially with school. That boy has been under grade retention for the third time." She said. "How is he been treating you lately as a stepbrother?"

'Awful, sadistic, not right in the head, a living nightmare.'

"He's... okay. We're still awkward around each other." I replied.

"I see. That boy needs to learn some manners." She added. "I need to check up on them, the food is getting cold and your parents are gonna be here soon." She gets up from her seat and walks away.

It became quiet for a while. It doesn't feel right.

Then I felt a hand on my shoulder and my breathing hitched again.

"We're still awkward around each other?" He spoke as he brushes my hair to the side and place a kiss on my neck. "I say we're closer than ever. Stop lying."

He chuckled before walking away and sits across from me.

"Steven, when did you get there?" Grandma Abigail asked. 

"Just now, right Aurora?" He said.

I look up at him before looking at Grandma Abigail.

"Yeah, he just got here," I answered.

"Okay, sorry for keeping you waiting. I have to help Toby pack his toys." Grandpa Walter spoke, walking towards the dining room, holding Toby's hand.

"Okay, everyone take a seat. Let's eat." Grandma Abigail said.

Toby sits right next to me and told me that he's excited to see Mom again.

"Me too," I said.

___

After lunch, we went back upstairs to grab our bags and we're currently in the living room, watching TV, waiting for our parents.

"They're here!" Toby cheered before he walks out of the door.

I followed him and I saw Mom and Mr. Anderson stepping out of the car.

"Mom!" Toby said, running towards Mom, and Mom lifted him and place a lot of kisses on his cheek.

"I miss my baby boy." Mom said. "Have you been a good boy lately?"

"Yeah!" Toby said, hugging Mom.

Then Mom spotted me and she walks closer to me with a smile on her face and wraps an arm around me.

"I miss my little girl." She said and I hug back. Oh, how I miss her hugs and her calm voice that gives warmth and comfort.

"I miss you too Mom," I said as I hug her tighter.

"John, Elizabeth, welcome back!" Grandma Abigail said, walking towards him and wrapping her arms around Mr. Anderson, then my Mom.

"Thank you, Mom and thank you for taking care of the kids." Mr. Anderson said.

"It was our pleasure." Grandma Abigail then averted her gaze towards my Mom.

"Elizabeth, your kids are lovely. You raised them well." Grandma Abigail said.

"Thank you, I hope they didn't cause you any trouble." Mom teased.

"Nonsense. I'm glad I get to spend some time with them. Come visit us anytime." 

Grandpa Walter and Steven walk out of the house with our bags in their hands.

Mr. Anderson walks towards them, helping them with the bags.

After that, we say our goodbyes and we're on our way to our house. 

While on our way there, Mom and Mr. Anderson told us about their trip and they seem to have a good time there. 

Then I can feel Steven place his hand on my thigh and place it between my thighs massaging them and I feel so uncomfortable. Is he seriously doing this at a time like this?

He squeezes my thigh, my breathing hitched and I let out a cough.

"Are you okay Aurora?" Mom asked and I cough once more.

"I'm fine, just thirsty, do you have any water?" I asked and Mom handed me a bottle of water and told me that I can have it.

I drink it in one go.

"Are you okay now, sweetie?" Mom asked.

"Yeah, thanks, Mom," I said.

I glared at Steven and he's now looking out the window, putting his hand on his chin, with a grin on his face.

I look down and my hands are shaking again and not because of the cold weather.

It's because I'm terrified of him.

Edited on: 09/21/2021

Updated on: 02/27/2023

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

CAN I ESCAPE? By A.K.

Mystery / Thriller

15.6K 282 29
"I want a divorce. I don't want to live here. I know everything now", she said with pain and anger. His eyes turned red and he clenched his fists. He...
102K 4.2K 20
I limped towards the kitchen after sending him an email, that I'm on leave today. I couldn't even able to walk properly as I was feeling sore down th...
249K 4.4K 70
[COMPLETED] but still editing.. He couldn't seem to take his gaze away from her. He tracked her every move and followed her everywhere she went. He k...
1.1M 8.5K 9
WARNING‼️This book contains abstruse topics such as Dark Love, Abuse, Violence etc if you are not comfortable with the above please feel free to swip...