10 Things I Hate About You...

By honestlyamazing

"People perceive you as somewhat..." "Free-spirited? Aggressive?" "Heinous b*tch is the term used most often... More

Intro
I need to learn Occlumency, because I can't get you out of my thoughts.
I must have had some Felix Felicis, because I think I'm about to get lucky.
We may not be in Professor Flitwick's class, but you sure are charming!
Wow, when I said "Accio hottie", I didn't expect it to work!
Wanna go manage some mischief together? I solemnly swear I'm up to no good.
Are you a basilisk? Because when I caught sight of you, I froze.
Did you make me your horcrux? Because my heart stopped when I met you.
Your smile is like Expelliarmus. Simple but disarming.
Being without you is like being afflicted with the Cruciatus Curse.
You must be magical, because I've fallen under your spell.
Did you just use the stupify charm or are you a natural stunner?
If you were a Dementor, I'd become a criminal just to get your kiss.
I might as well be under the Imperius curse, because I'd do anything for you.
Are you a Dementor? Because you just took my breath away.
You're the only thing I need in my Room of Requirement.
Without you I feel like I'm in Azkaban and dementors are sucking away my soul.
THE END

Did you survive Avada Kedavra? Cause your drop dead gorgeous.

877 33 9
By honestlyamazing

"Hey Kat!" James whispered loudly from behind her, poking her with his broom. "Got a date for Saturday?"

"Do you mind?" she growled, moving away from them.

Kat was minding her own business, sitting on the bleachers of the Quidditch Pitch before practice when Sirius had decided to sit next to her. He had brought James along for moral support. He needed just a little bit of help charming Kat.

"Not at all." James says poking her again. "Just answer the question. If not, I can set you up with someone great."

"He means me, love, in case you were wondering." Sirius added. Kat continued to move away from them until she was nearly falling off the bleachers.

"Come on, Kat. We all know you haven't got laid in a long time, maybe even ever. You're secretly jumping at the opportunity." James said. Sirius noticed her seaweed-colored eyes flash with anger.

James poked her with his broom and this time she got up, grabbed it from him, and snapped it in half.

"Hey! You bitch!" yelped James.

"Whoops." Kat says, feigning innocence. She hid a smile as she stalked away from them.

"She-she broke my broom! How c-could she?!" stuttered a very stricken James Potter.

Sirius looked on with a delighted grin and said, "She sure is something."

****

"Whoops?! That's all you have to say?!" shrieked Kat's father as he paced back and forth across his office. Kat sat calmly in front of him, not showing remorse. "It's gonna cost a fortune to repair that boy's broom."

"Just tell them I was possessed by one of the many Hogwarts ghosts. Or that I had a seizure or something." Kat responded, crossing her arms.

Yes, what she did was violent. Yes, it was slightly uncalled for as James hadn't really done anything other than be irritating. Yes, she was in very big trouble. But she didn't regret a thing. Seeing the look on that pompous asshole's face was priceless.

Her father paused and said, "Is this about the job acceptance? Are you punishing me because I want you to stay close to home?"

"Aren't you punishing me because mom left us?" Kat responded bitterly.

"Leave her out of this, Kat." his voice took on a dangerous edge. He collapsed into a comfy armchair and sighed wearily.

Kat scowled at him. "Fine. Then let me make my own decisions."

"I'm your father! That's my right."

"It's almost my birthday. Then I'm an adult."

"You'll be 18. You don't know what you want."

"I want to go to Romania! Does what I want not matter? Stop controlling my life because you can't control yours!" Kat yelled back, standing up.

"Oh yeah?" her father said. He looked at her with desolate eyes.

"I just... I just want you to trust me to make my own decisions." Kat whispered forcefully. With that, she marches out and slams the door.

As she marches down the hallway towards the Ravenclaw Tower, Bianca intercepts her.

"Did you really ruin James Potter's broom?"

"Yes. He's an imbecile."

"Merlin, you're psychotic." Bianca frowned, hoping James wouldn't utterly hate her because of her sister's actions. She knew how much he loved his broom. Kat rolled her eyes and pushed Bianca out of the way.

****

"I don't know if you're taking this bet seriously, Padfoot." James glowered as they headed to the owlery. He was sending a letter to his parents requesting a replacement broom before the next quidditch match. It's not like they couldn't afford it.

"Of course I am. I'm Sirius."

"Very funny. If you don't get some, I don't get some. So you better get some." James snapped. He was a Potter and an only child. He was supposed to get what he wanted.

"Chill, Prongs. What's up with you lately?" Sirius said, eyebrows furrowed

"Nothing, nothing. I'm sorry, I shouldn't have snapped at you. I think I'll go to the owlery alone. To clear my head." James said, squeezing his eyes shut. What was getting into him?

Sirius nodded and went off to find Remus and Peter. With a sigh, James headed up the steps.

"Duck!" yelled a voice. James obliged and narrowly missed getting hit in the head by a brown and white spotted owl. The anonymous voice let out a bell-like laugh.

"Thanks..." James said looking up at a pretty, red-head. Remembering his grudge, he said "You're Bianca's friend right?"

He knew who Lily was. He'd even had a crush on her from 2nd year up until last year. She'd rejected all his advances, though. He wasn't taking it well.

"Lily. Lily Evans. Remember?" she responded coldly, her smile fading.

"Right, sorry." James said clearing his throat. Maybe he'd taken it a bit far. But he didn't owe her anything. She was the one who had embarrassed him throughout the last couple years every time he asked her out.

"We've only been in the same house for 6 years." the red-head said sarcastically.

"I know. I should probably know your name by now." Yes, he had been a bit of an asshole.

"You forgot all about me once you set your eyes on Bianca. I should've... " she muttered bitterly. "I guess I'll see you later."

"Sorry, Lily." he called after her. How was he, Hogwarts Golden Boy, messing everything up? He knew he should probably dial back his pridefulness, but his treatment of her was fair, wasn't it? He shrugged it off and sought out his owl.

****

Meanwhile, Sirius burst through the doors of the library.

"Remus! I need your help." he exclaimed.

"Bloody hell, do you really need to make a dramatic entrance?" glared an embarrassed Remus sitting at a nearby table with Marlene.

Sirius ignored him and sat down. "Sorry to interrupt this cute study date, but as the smartest out of my friends, I desperately need your help, Moony."

"I'm gay, Sirius." Marlene said, rolling her eyes. "This isn't a date."

"What do you need help with now?" Remus sighed. "Because I'm already busy coming up with our annual winter prank."

"And you keep working hard. But I need help wooing Kat."

"Still trying to get Kat to like you? Good luck." Marlene snorted.

"She's... stubborn. But my charm is irresistible." Sirius says, winking at Marlene.

"Still gay. But back to Kat. You're not gonna be able to charm her easily." Marlene said.

"So you guys are friends? Can I get any inside information?" Sirius says, leaning forward. It was true, Marlene and Kat were friends. They were united by their music taste.

Marlene pauses dramatically as if she's about to spill some major tea, then says "No."

"Show interest in what she shows interest in. If that doesn't work, make a grand gesture." Remus sighed. He was always the one the Marauders came to for advice on any subject. "She likes that angry girl band, right? The one that Peter secretly likes and thinks no one knows he's obsessed with? I thought I saw her carrying around tickets."

"Whatever you do, don't go to 'The Hexers' concert."  Marlene cut in.

" 'The Hexers', huh? But how are you going to go to the concert while we're at school?"

"Obviously we're sneaking-" Marlene began. "I mean what concert? Why would we ever go to a concert during the school year?" She turned back to her work, mentally cursing herself for revealing anything to Sirius.

" 'The Hexers' " Sirius mutters. He had already decided he was going.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2M 63.7K 85
๐™„๐™ฃ ๐™ฌ๐™๐™ž๐™˜๐™ Y/n Potter and Regulus Black form an unlikely relationship. โ‹…โ€ขโ‹…โŠฐโˆ™โˆ˜โ˜ฝเผ“โ˜พโˆ˜โˆ™โŠฑโ‹…โ€ขโ‹… Y/n Potter and Regulus Black hate each other. It's a know...
19.8K 905 13
bittersweet - (adj.) something being bitter and sweet simultaneously Small, timid Remus Lupin has never so much as thought of someone with malice. He...
1.4M 48.6K 98
๐‘ข๐‘›๐‘ก๐‘œ๐‘ข๐‘โ„Ž๐‘Ž๐‘๐‘™๐‘’- (๐‘Ž๐‘‘๐‘—.) ๐‘›๐‘œ๐‘ก ๐‘๐‘’๐‘–๐‘›๐‘” ๐‘Ž๐‘๐‘™๐‘’ ๐‘ก๐‘œ ๐‘๐‘’ ๐‘ก๐‘œ๐‘ข๐‘โ„Ž๐‘’๐‘‘ ๐‘œ๐‘Ÿ ๐‘Ž๐‘“๐‘“๐‘’๐‘๐‘ก๐‘’๐‘‘ ๐‘๐‘ฆ ๐‘Ž๐‘›๐‘ฆ๐‘กโ„Ž๐‘–๐‘›๐‘” ๐‘โ„Ž๐‘ฆ๐‘ ๐‘–๐‘๐‘Ž๐‘™๐‘™๐‘ฆ ๐‘œ...
90.2K 1.4K 57
Annabelle Potter Younger sister of James Potter shared lots of traits with her brother like her love for Quidditch and Pranks. But she hated being co...