Wanna go manage some mischief together? I solemnly swear I'm up to no good.

Marlene smiled softly at the moping boy sitting at an empty table in the library.

"Hey kid, what's up?" she said, sliding into the seat across from him.

"Everything's terrible. But I predicted my death in divination, so that's a plus." Regulus said, lifting his head from the textbook it was resting on.

"Aw, poor you." Marlene laughed. The pair had originally bonded over their unrequited feelings and mutual hate for James Potter, but had realized they actually had a lot in common.

Regulus' brown eyes grew serious. "She's going to the Prewett twins' birthday party with James."

"Of course." Marlene said. She was disappointed, but it didn't bother her as much as it used to. "On that subject, I also have a date. Her name is Emmaline Vance. She's a year older than me and has gorgeous ice-blue eyes."

"I'm happy for you, Mar. Really."

"You should move on to."

"I don't think I can."

"We can't control how someone else feels, Regulus. You can't force her to like you. She doesn't owe you her feelings just because you were nice to her. I need you to understand that." Marlene murmured forcefully.

"I know. It still hurts though." Regulus frowns.

"You really are the most adorable Slytherin I've ever met." Marlene grinned. She ruffles his hair. "Think it through. If there's anything I can help you with, don't hesitate to ask."

****

"Honey, we've been over this. I can't have you leaving the country." Kat's father said, not looking up from the papers he was grading. There was little to no chance of him changing his mind.

"What's the worst thing that could happen?" Kat sighed, slumping in her seat.

"You could get killed. You tend to make a lot of enemies." her father said worriedly, taking his glasses off. "I'm just trying to prioritize your safety."

"I'm responsible!" Kat defended.

"Well-" her father began. Bianca entered the office with a smile. She was dressed to the nines, as usual. Kat couldn't help but notice how short her floral-patterned dress was and how her coral lipstick was slightly smudged. She must have been with James.

"Hey Daddy!" she greeted.

He smiled warmly at Bianca and continued lecturing Kat. "Not only did you get sent to McGonagall 4 out of 5 days in the first week, you also broke the Potter boy's broom in a fit of rage. I wouldn't call that... responsible."

"Yeah, Kat. It was totally uncool of you to break something of Potter's. So daddy, can I go to a party this Saturday?"

"Only if Kat goes. You know the rules." he said stiffly. "Now back to Kat being irresponsible-"

Kat scowled. "Ask Bianca where she was last night."

"We're talking about you-" he stopped abruptly and turned to Bianca. "You were in your common room I hope?"