Hidden Wounds

By TheFineAuthor

Lina was young and tender when she ran into Anthony Smith. He was everything she was looking for in a man; ol... More

Part 1
Part 2
Part 3
Part 5
Part 6
Part 7
Part 8
Part 9
Part 10
Part 11
PART 12
PART 13
Part 14
Part 15
Part 16
Part 17
Part 18
Part 19
Part 20
Part 21
Part 22
Part 23
Part 24
Part 25
Part 26
Part 27
PART 28
Part 29
Part 30
Part 31
Part 32
Part 33
Part 34
Part 35
Part 36
EPILOUGE

Part 4

6.9K 214 176
By TheFineAuthor

"To my beautiful woman, I couldn't have found anyone better." Anthony boasted with a smile and we clinked our champagne glasses together.

We were eating at Twelve-Eighty, an upscale spot on the corner of Peachtree. We were here celebrating our third anniversary. It had been about 8 months since the incident with my mom and we had more than moved on. I wasn't really speaking to my mom as much, she had stopped calling after I made it very clear I wasn't leaving Anthony.

"Don't call me when that man starts whippin' yo ass." Were her last words to me, but they went in one ear and out the other.

Anthony was fine. It took months for him to believe I forgave him, he was constantly apologizing with gifts, flowers, jewelry, he even purchased me a new Mercedes, S-Class. We were in a good space now. I had fully moved into the house, and just like Marisol predicted he had one of the rooms renovated into a walk-in closet. When I told him I didn't even have enough clothes for a walk in he handed me a black card and that took care of that. Money was not a problem for him. During us living together I delved into his life and business. Anthony told me about his company SLAP Records, which produced music and beats for many upcoming and already established artists. Anthony also sold his own exclusive beats on the side as well, and let me tell you, his sound was not cheap. I took pride in knowing my man was making legit money, I thought he was involved in drug distribution with the kind of cash he handled. Originally the company was owned by his mother and father, when his mother passed Anthony took over because his father couldn't keep up with the company. At only eighteen years old Anthony became a business owner and turned it into his own empire. I felt so honored to be his lady. He could have chosenany bitch, yet he chose me. In our three years of being together I never had to check his phone, look through his emails or follow him when he was out. I was his and he was mine, one hundred percent.

"To my perfect man, I can't thank God enough for blessing me with you." I told him before we pulled our glasses apart and took a drink.

"You ready to order?" I asked, browsing through the menu; I knew I wanted lamb chops.

"I am." He replied, closing his menu and pouring another glass of champagne.

I noticed lately he had been hitting the bottle more than usual and not that I had a problem with it, but I did want to talk about it. As if she heard us from across the restaurant our waitress came over to us.

"Are we all set to order?" she asked sweetly, pulling out her pen and pad.

"We are." Anthony answered, "We will both have the baked Salmon with bacon wrapped asparagus and roasted red potatoes for the side."

"Wait, I wanted lamb." I pouted.

Anthony looked across the table at me with a glare in his eye.

"The chops miss?" the waitress asked

"She. Will. Have. The. Salmon. Thank you." Anthony put emphasis on each word and shoved the menus back at the waitress, she left without another word.

"Anthony what the hell? I can't order my own food now?" I asked rolling my eyes.

"Lina, why do you always have to go against me?" he asked with irritation in his voice.

"Because I don't want to eat what you want me to?" now I was getting irritated.

We had not had a fight since that bullshit with my mom, why was he trying to start one now.

"Because you just can't let me be the man. When the lion comes back with gazelle do you think the lioness says 'Oh, but I wanted Zebra'?" he asked me

"No, but-"

"Exactly, she sits back and enjoys what her man brought to the table. I need you to do the same."

"You and this male dominance shit man. It's getting out of hand." I rolled my eyes and sat back in my seat.

"And you're getting out of line. Quit while you're ahead Lina." His voice had gone low and I could see the vein in his neck starting to pop out.

"Why can't you just let me eat what I want? I don't want no fuckin' Salmon." I snapped, ignoring the signs.

"Lina. Leave it alone." He stated, and I closed my mouth.

I was irritated and just that fast our celebration was ruined. I reached into the ice bucket and pulled out the champagne. I re filled my glass and took it down like a shot. The burning in my chest helped me to calm down slightly.

"Excuse me. I have to use the restroom." Anthony mumbled and walked away from the table.

When the waitress came back with our food he was still gone so before she could set my plate on the table I stopped her.

"Could you send that back? I would like to get the lamb chops with the mashed potatoes and roasted vegetables. Thank you."

"Right away miss." She replied and took my plate back.

It had been fifteen minutes, but when Anthony came back to the table he seemed calmer, his face looked relaxed and that neck vein wasn't showing. When he seen only one plate at the table he raised an eyebrow.

"Where's your plate?" he asked, pulling out his seat to sit down.

"Right here sir." The waitress answered for me, placing my lamb chops on the table. The smell alone made my mouth water.

"I'm going to get you two another bottle of champagne." She mentioned before taking the empty bottle and walking off.

Anthony was sitting like a statue staring at my plate.

"What you want some?" I asked playfully, I knew my shit smelled better than that Salmon.

I couldn't even finish my sentence before he jumped out his seat and smacked my entire plate off the table, making the food fly everywhere. The live music stopped, and other guests were staring and whispering but Anthony didn't give a fuck.

"You just can't listen for shit huh?" he growled as he stood over me.

I was embarrassed, confused and scared. He was making a scene in front of everyone.

"Anth-" I started but he snatched me out of my seat so quick I couldn't say his whole name.

"We're leaving." He snapped, dragging me towards the door.

The waitress ran over to us with fearful eyes.

"Is everything alright?" she asked cautiously.

"Charge the bill to my card." Was all he said as he continued to pull me out the restaurant.

The force on my arm was making it go dead. Once we got down into the parking garage and to the car he flung me up against the passenger door and I cried out.

"Bitch! Ya ears don't work or something!? You thought that shit was cute? Sneak behind my back about of plate of food ain't no telling what else you'll sneak and do! Don't no nigga want a untrustworthy bitch!" he was yelling so loud his voice was echoing off the walls.

I was standing there looking dumb, I couldn't even believe he was acting like this! And tonight, of all nights!

"Anthony you need to calm down." I told him.

"Calm down huh?" he chuckled and stepped back.

I watched as he put his hands in his face and let out a long breath. Before I could even react, his fist flew out and hit me dead in the eye. I immediately grabbed my face and screamed but he put one hand over my mouth and the other around my neck.

"Bitch you need to realize who the man is in this relationship. You don't question what I say! You don't talk back! And you for damn sure don't tell me I need to calm down! You need to get with the program Lina, before you end up as another dead bitch in the gutter."

When he pushed me away I was gasping for air, I doubled over against the car trying to catch my breath. Anthony walked around to the driver side and started the car up. He rolled down the passenger window and called out

"Get in or I'll leave yo sorry ass here."

I had half a mind to stay right where the fuck I was at, but how would I get home with no car? I pulled myself up and slid into the passenger seat quietly.

"See how easy that was baby? Listening ain't so bad." He said calmly before he screeched out the parking garage. 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

556K 14.7K 77
This is a story about a girl named Annalise Smith. She is 20 years old and in her last year of college, she works as a waitress at a five star restau...
357 109 34
The first day of college. Doesn't it sound scary, nerve-wracking? Doesn't it make your stomach churn with excitement? When nineteen-year-old Isabella...
135K 3.2K 54
‼️Content warning and trigger warning‼️ This is a dark romance and contains mature content that is not suitable for all readers. The trigger warnings...
43.2K 1.8K 29
Aurora Johnson is struggling to find what to do next in life. She is alone after losing her parents and breaking up with her cheating ex, but when sh...