Redemption (Sequel to 104NoS)

Von Jalesia_

Sequel to 104 Nights of Summers Will Nyla ever forgive Maverick? Or will all his attempts at Redemption blow... Mehr

Introduction
1
2
3
4
5
Sneak Peek!
6
7
8
10
Sorryyyyy ❤️
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
Check In!

9

2.4K 159 105
Von Jalesia_

What y'all not gone do is attack Nyla for no reason. What's the hate about?

Sorry for the long wait (again) but I vow to make sure I update AT LEAST once a week from now on.

What do you think about Mr. Bradshaw so far? Ain't it crazy how everyone has heart eyes for Nyla? lol.

Anywhoreeeee...

INLINE COMMENTS

20+

ENJOY!

~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~

Maverick POV

My main focus has become to push Nyla as far as I could to the back of my mind. It's been working for the most part. But it's hard when literally everything reminds me of her in some way or another. I felt selfish for trying to move things forward with Leah knowing that I have these feelings still. But I figured maybe seeing someone else would help me.

"Zip me up?" she says coming out of my bathroom. I slide the zipper on the back of her dress up as fast as I could without catching her skin. "Thank you." she turns to face me with a big smile. "I'm really glad you decided to let me be your plus one Maverick. Despite your daughter's mom not being too fond of me."

"I'm glad you could come." I smile back.

"Just give me like ten minutes and I'll be ready to go." she kisses my cheek, the goes back to the bathroom. I take a seat on the edge of the bed, slightly anxious. Only because I'm not sure how things are going to go tonight. I'm pretty sure it won't be anything extraordinary, but I'm still slightly nervous.

I must admit, I don't care for car rides with Leah. And I haven't since day one. She does this weird thing where she faces me the entire time, even in a seat belt. It doesn't even look slightly comfortable. Yet, here she is doing it in a dress. I've kept my thoughts to myself because she begged me not to be 'weird' about it. So I kept my eyes on the road the whole entire drive each time.

I question whether I look for reasons to find her unattractive or if she's just not what I'm into but again, seeing someone else may help me get over Nyla. Everyone has their own unusual habits I guess.

When we arrived at Smoke on the Water it was relieving to see that not everyone had made it yet. We found ourselves near a corner of the lobby waiting with my colleagues.

"She would be late to a dinner she's paying for." Brian says glancing at his watch. I almost said something but I bit my tongue. For one, I'm eavesdropping and something told me that wouldn't be the only thing to come out of his ignorant ass mouth.

"You know Nyla is high class, she just wants to be fashionably late."

"More like MIA with the new partner." he laughs. "Like how can she give everyone else that wants her a chance and not me. The cowboy, the lesbian, and now the Bachelor." they share a laugh.

"Excuse me." I say to Leah before ducking off into the bathroom. I take a deep breath, examining my reflection. I wasn't that bad looking. Plus, I'm more of man than Brian would ever amount to. Wait. The lesbian?

Nyla POV

"I apologize, really everyone." I say as we followed the host to the area I reserved for the group. There were about 8 tables to seat 4, which was perfect for our party of 30. I continue to stand watching everyone find themselves a table. Purposely overlooking Maverick and his new woman. "Enjoy the live music and food." I smile finally taking a seat next to Wyatt. We shared a table with Sahara and her love interest, Jeremy. Whom, I'm just now meeting actually.

What took so long was my tire blew out on the way to the way to drop Sky off to Maverick's Grandmother. Sahara had to come get me all the way from here, take me there still and come back. Which was about an hour all together.

"You look wonderful." He says to me.

"Thank you." I smile, pushing my hair behind my ear.

"Oh, I thought you'd be sure that Brian and I had a seat with you." Trish comes up to the table. But Sahara and her date were already seated.

"Oh I'm sorry I thought it'd be more seats per table." I nod.

"Well why not make her move?" She laughs a bit.

"I'm a grown ass woman, Nyla can't make me do a damn thing." Sahara snaps. I knew that she was hard to stop once she got started.

"Maybe next time Trish." I nod. "Sorry." I give a small smile. After ordering drinks and food, I turn my attention to Sahara and Jeremy. He was dark skin and they complimented each other well. "So, Jeremy. Odd that I'm just now meeting you." Or was it? Because for a while now Sahara hasn't been herself towards me so maybe there's a reason she kept him away for the past few months.

"Yeah, I know." he laughs. "I've been telling your friend here that it was time I meet you a while back since she's already met all my friends." he lightly bumps Sahara, who didn't meet my eyes when I looked at her.

"Has she?" I laugh a bit.

"I have." she says. "Jeremy this is Nyla. Nyla, Jeremy." her tone said enough. But I disregard it.

"Nice to finally meet you." I smile and shake the hand he held out for me.

"Same to you."

"So how long have you two been friends?" Wyatt looks between us.

"Since we were children. We've pretty much grown up together. Which is why I'm a little shocked I'm just now meeting her boyfriend after this long."

"The world doesn't revolve around you Nyla." She blurts. "Not like I'm aware of all of you and your many attractions." She pushes away from the table. "Dealing with this at work, where I don't have a choice is one thing. But I'm not spending my off time pretending too. Jeremy take me home please." She says, walking away. I was just taken aback. Not sure where all this sudden anger had been coming from. Her saying what she just said made me not want to even get to the bottom of it, just made me want to cut her off for embarrassing me like that.

"Excuse me for a second." I force a smile to Wyatt. I proceed to follow her anyways. "Sahara, what the fuck is your deal?" I say once we were in the parking lot. "You've been acting so funny for-"

"Nyla will you get over yourself. You don't see how fake you've been towards me since that hoe started coming around? Not just tonight either. You've constantly tossed me aside, made me cancel plans for you to cancel on me for her and all. The old Nyla would've slapped the fuck out of her fr even trying me like she just did. All this, for a woman that fucked your man the night before your wedding?"

"What?" I freeze. She just shakes her head crossing her arms.

"Yeah Ny. You don't see how uneasy Maverick is when she's around? You don't see how messy of a person she is? And I'm sure you don't because your head is so far up your ass." She turns on her heels and walks away. I couldn't even believe what she just said. How could I have been so fucking blind?

After pulling myself together, I finally joined the group again, taking my seat next to Wyatt.

"I'm sorry, I just-" I got distracted by meeting eyes with Maverick for the first time tonight. But the second I caught a glimpse of Trish, I blacked out.

Maverick POV

I was taking a bite of my grilled salmon when I just heard screaming. I look up to see Nyla on top of Trish, just punching away. I didn't know what to think but my immediate instinct was to stop her. I quickly stand to have Leah pull my arm, stopping me.

"She's not your business anymore!" She says. I jerk my arm away from her and quickly made my way over to them, pulling Nyla off of Trish, and out of the dining area as she kicked and screamed. I had a million things running through my head right now and if this was about what I thought it was about I would rather not have her causing an even bigger scene by coming after me too.

"Calm down!" I pin her angry body against the wall until her struggle stopped. Then she just burst into tears.

"Fuck you Maverick. I could spit in your fucking face right now." She began slamming her little fists into my chest. "You and that stupid bitch had me looking dumb this whole time! That's how you do me?!" She yells. "You enjoy making a fool of me don't you?!"

"No Nyla, stop." I grab her wrists. I didn't even know what to say. Nothing I said would make whatever she's feeling right now any better.

"Get your hands off her." The Wyatt asshole comes between us. Of course.

"Mind your business." I clench my fist. I couldn't hit Nyla but I could definitely take my anger out on him. "Nyla we need to talk about this."

"TALK!" She yells trying to move around him. "Tell me why you said nothing when you knew who the fuck she was? To make me look even more stupid right? Because that's all you've done for me! Fuck you, and fuck her. You are dead to me!" She walks out of the restaurant. I stood there, not even sure what to think about all of this.

"You still care about her don't you?" Leah says on the drive to her place. The fact that she was facing me didn't even bother me at the moment. I didn't care about anything right now.

"I do." I nod. "It's not like you think. I just..." I sigh, shaking my head. "Yeah I do." I just say.

"Then why am I around?" She says. "Just in case you get over her? To make her jealous, what?"

"Leah, please don't." I clench my jaw. I was too upset and worried to think about anything but the main thing, and that's this already ending relationship, feeling like it's really ended now.

After dropping her off, I found myself in Nyla's driveway. A solid thirty minutes passed before I had enough balls to go to the door. I knock, and take a deep breath. It made my heart skip a beat to see my princess at the door in her night gown and bonnet looking like her mama.

"Hey babygirl. You don't need to be answering the door this late."

"Mommy's mad. She wasn't gonna come to the door. Did you upset her daddy? She was fine when she took me to GGs." She sighs with a slight frown. I drop my head in shame.

"I just need to talk to her." I nod. She steps aside, gesturing for me to come in. I follow her down the hall to Nyla's room. The sniffles and light sobs on the other side of the door made me feel as small as a piece of dirt. The same piece of dirt I'd been to her. "Give me a minute darlin." I whisper to Sky. She nodded, making her way back down the hall. I slowly open the bedroom door, and shut it behind me. The room was pitch black.

It was something in those cries that made me feel weak as I pressed my back against the door. It made my heart hurt. I didn't want to keep making her feel like this. I didn't want any of these things. I wanted to be happy like I had promised.

"I'm sorry Nyla." I finally say. "I'm sorry that things are like this." I shake my head. "That night with Trish meant absolutely nothing to me, she will tell you that herself. I got too drunk and I lost control of reality for a minute and you have no idea what I would give to erase it. I didn't say anything because when she showed up we were doing better than we had been and I just figured it would be best to not say anything if I could help it." I bite my lip. "I know it was selfish."

"Do you see what you bring out of me?" She sniffles. "Do you see how stupid I look being around her not knowing she was the one that ruined my fairytale. I let her close to me Maverick and I feel stupid as fuck for it."

"She knew just like I did-"

"But she wasn't the one who cheated!"

"You're right. I'm sorry." I shake my head. A long silence filled the room. "Nyla, I can't be without you damnit."

"You better fucking learn because the very little love I had left is gone now." She spat. I couldn't even see her face and I know it was filled with so much hatred. "And I want you to know now, from here on out, you aren't anything to me Maverick. I hate you. And I will never forgive you for any of this. Please just go."

If I had to put a sound on death, it would be her saying those words to me.
~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~••~•~•~•~•~

What y'all think?

Having somewhat of a writers block issue so what do you guys think should happen next???

COMMENT

Weiterlesen

Das wird dir gefallen

817K 26.8K 45
"I'm sorry Asia, but I will never accept you and I won't allow this relationship. You're too black and he is too white. End of discussion." The one l...
The Tie Von Saurony

Aktuelle Literatur

9.4K 351 25
Life after marriage wasn't turning out how Monica expected it to be. With her dreams not panning out the way she hoped they would, she gets involved...
238K 12.9K 51
Jasmine and Megan have always been best-friends since childhood. Now that they are older, they are both YouTube sensations who live together. The pro...
232K 11.9K 74
"Wherever your soul was before, mine was there too." - Hira He's Jackson. But he's also: Daniel. Theodore. Nathan. Nicholas. Zachary. She's Aaliyah...